Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

GreenMarine posted:

Bonesplitterz seem like the kind of faction GW likes to sunset by decapitating their rules, if they think the models are too old and they don't plan on updating them.

I'm very cool with this, Bonesplitterz are really ugly models and the aesthetics are indeed really bad. Kruleboyz are a good replacement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
God you can't have a conversation about the SCE book online for all the crying. This playerbase is hosed.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

JBP posted:

God you can't have a conversation about the SCE book online for all the crying. This playerbase is hosed.

what are they crying about?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AnEdgelord posted:

what are they crying about?

The only way I can respond to this is by saying "literally everything" without an hyperbole. Everything costs too much. All battleline are bad and too weak/expensive. Nothing is as strong as other army auto-includes (lol). New book should be OP. Stardrake has been nerfed...

Like it seems as though nobody has read the new hero/monster rules, haven't seen the other points changes and basically don't play the game. If you want to chat about cool uses of the new sword guys for instance (which I reckon might be cool with a hero supporting or some spells) it's just people saying how bad they are. Anyway I've had my own whinge now thank you for listening.

I think the book is cool tbh and has so many options that I feel spoiled for choice.

E: whereas the KO community which I'm used to is near universally "hahah boat gun go brrr"

JBP fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 13, 2021

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

From the reviews, I really don't know what SCE have to complain about. There's a lot going on with them and most of it's good!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mors Rattus posted:

From the reviews, I really don't know what SCE have to complain about. There's a lot going on with them and most of it's good!

Yeah the book is rad imo. I really like it. Lots of interesting synergies that might not be instant wins but they're going to keep players on their toes. It's a diverse army with lots of ways to play Warhammer, it's good. I don't have the book obviously but I pored over reviews this weekend which give away every single rule or change more or less and it almost all sounds good.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

JBP posted:

Haven't been able to talk to most people about Lumineth either, and it's been over a year.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
some of us are just still trying to figure out whether the loreseeker dude can take a weapon or not

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I really feel like GW should have been releasing the core kits for the new books before the special heroes etc. I'm kinda tempted to buy another shaman and some gutrippas from ebay from a set splitter, is that GW's intent? Plus it looks like I'll have to run my army as big yellas just to fit core requirements, but I'm not actually going to paint anything yellow. Maybe the fluff text means my guys are really good at yelling...

abravemoose
Jul 2, 2021
Finished up Garrek's Reavers.

I'm not an underworlds player at the moment, just wanted to paint these guys.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Me and the boys at the Daredevil cosplay contest

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Marmaduke! posted:

I really feel like GW should have been releasing the core kits for the new books before the special heroes etc. I'm kinda tempted to buy another shaman and some gutrippas from ebay from a set splitter, is that GW's intent? Plus it looks like I'll have to run my army as big yellas just to fit core requirements, but I'm not actually going to paint anything yellow. Maybe the fluff text means my guys are really good at yelling...

Do people actually care about matching painting schemes with rules (space marine weirdos notwithstanding)?

Paint your dollies however you like, dont play with people who cares about it

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

Do people actually care about matching painting schemes with rules (space marine weirdos notwithstanding)?

Paint your dollies however you like, dont play with people who cares about it

Absolutely nobody cares in AOS. I dont think most people even know what the color schemes are for their own subfactions, let alone other people's.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

i tried giving my troggboss a fashionable hat

some may say that I just plopped a mushroom cap bit on a blob of greenstuff and yeah, they're right, but if it makes him happy, who are you to judge

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

A Underworlds bird

and *squints* hooded stormcast?

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

That bird is pretty cool but it ain't no crab.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
On a long enough timeline, everything is a crab

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Winklebottom posted:

and *squints* hooded stormcast?

A hooded Vanquisher maybe, yes.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

JBP posted:

Dreylad posted:

Haven't been able to talk to most people about Lumineth either, and it's been over a year.

I don’t know if it’s the lockdowns/pandemic or just lots of people getting their first taste of what codex/tome rotation is like but it’s been like this with every book since Broken Realms started, if not a bit earlier. I remember people being super down on the current Kharadron book when it dropped even.

It seems to mostly be an online phenomena least. In person most folks seem pretty happy.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Definitely an online phenomenon, my local group is very excited about it and they have been talking about the new rules of Stormcasts and Orruks non-stop.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

stabbington posted:

some of us are just still trying to figure out whether the loreseeker dude can take a weapon or not

he can't. RIP.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Talas posted:

Definitely an online phenomenon, my local group is very excited about it and they have been talking about the new rules of Stormcasts and Orruks non-stop.

Literally every single large online community centered around a game is incredibly negative and toxic, and reading them drags your enjoyment of the game down. This applies to both tabletop and video games.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the vulture guy is a bit too expensive/crazy for me to get right now but I'm pleased that the ork sludge lizard looks like a good unit + gets the coveted Monster keyword, might def pick that one up. Was a bit disappointed that the demonic Dobby mount didn't get that designation.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

the vulture guy is a bit too expensive/crazy for me to get right now but I'm pleased that the ork sludge lizard looks like a good unit + gets the coveted Monster keyword, might def pick that one up. Was a bit disappointed that the demonic Dobby mount didn't get that designation.

Yeah I was hoping some of the bigger trolls would get the monster keyword, starting with the new Kruleboyz trolls, but looks like that's not happening

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

Absolutely nobody cares in AOS. I dont think most people even know what the color schemes are for their own subfactions, let alone other people's.

I have been wondering about that. I suppose stormhosts must have "successor chapters" the way that Space Marine chapters do. I'm going to keep painting my guys silver and green regardless.

My local Warhammer store has been doing weekly sessions for learning 3rd edition in 500pt games. It's nice to be playing against people again, even if 500pt open play is basically rock paper scissors based on what you bring.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Old World/Total Warham info, but a Cathay trailer is up for TWW3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033FWxL22A0

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

bagrada posted:

Old World/Total Warham info, but a Cathay trailer is up for TWW3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033FWxL22A0

The Warhammer community post doesn't say that Cathay is coming to the old world but all their concept art has the old world logo on it. I found that amusing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

If they don’t plan to capitalize on the video game fans by offering them a chance to play the new faction in Old World, they’re giant idiots.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

If old world doesn't explore a bunch of human factions that were mentioned in the fluff it will be very disappointing. I want an Ind army!

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Mors Rattus posted:

If they don’t plan to capitalize on the video game fans by offering them a chance to play the new faction in Old World, they’re giant idiots.

GW, specifically Forge World, being giant idiots? Unheard of!

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

They are probably smart enough to know that an ethnic army made in a division headed by Tony Cottrell is probably a terrible idea.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Robert Facepalmer posted:

They are probably smart enough to know that an ethnic army made in a division headed by Tony Cottrell is probably a terrible idea.

You know, that’s fair, but also they still make Bonesplitterz.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Lucinice posted:

The Warhammer community post doesn't say that Cathay is coming to the old world but all their concept art has the old world logo on it. I found that amusing.

They said cathay was coming to old world when they announced tww3

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

They squatted Warhammer Fantasy Battles almost literally the day Total War Warhammer I came out.

The TWW launcher for a couple of days after launch had a giant banner with a picture of the old Karl Franz model with something along the lines of "You've played the game! Check out the miniatures!" which lead to a 404 error.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Geisladisk posted:

They squatted Warhammer Fantasy Battles almost literally the day Total War Warhammer I came out.

The TWW launcher for a couple of days after launch had a giant banner with a picture of the old Karl Franz model with something along the lines of "You've played the game! Check out the miniatures!" which lead to a 404 error.

Yeah, but that was old management.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I need to stop looking at comments on Warhammer things it's an incredibly miserable experience lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

You know, that’s fair, but also they still make Bonesplitterz.

seems like they are at least in the process of being phased out, if their meager battletome presence was anything to go by

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Geisladisk posted:

That's pretty funny.

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

JBP posted:

I need to stop looking at comments on Warhammer things it's an incredibly miserable experience lol.

Every time I look at the comment sections anywhere, I ask myself why did I do that. This week I thought the worst thing will be people whining about SCE book, but then cathay was shown to the masses and toxicity levels have risen further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Every time I look at the comment sections anywhere, I ask myself why did I do that. This week I thought the worst thing will be people whining about SCE book, but then cathay was shown to the masses and toxicity levels have risen further.

Yeah I didn't want to mention what I was looking at but we have been on the same journey lol