Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not like you can't mod them in already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Sekiro is king of the FROM games, I rarely replay games and I've beaten it 7 times now... its so good.

I agree with some posters here some of the zones are the most spectacular in FROM world.

Fountainhead Palace
Senpou
Boddhisatva Valley

also Ashina Castle has insane verticality to it.

Grayshift
May 31, 2013
Sekiro's crazy good, but I think it achieves that height by sacrificing the RPG character building aspect. Without the ability to respec into new playstyles I got way less replayability from it than any other FromSoft title.

acyclicity
Oct 27, 2008

A curious little mouse!
Sekiro's the only From Software game I've replayed. Even though it's not really an RPG, the core mechanics are fantastic, and there isn't any one part of it I strongly dislike (such as the Demon Prince boss in DS3 or Lost Izalith in DS1). It gets harder to make combat feel fluid and balanced the more options you have in building your character. I think Nioh does a pretty good job in that respect, even if it drops the ball pretty much everywhere else.

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!
I also prefer Sekiro. I don't like allocating stats or dealing with equip load. I also appreciate not having a stamina bar. I haven't played DS3 or Bloodborne but I think Sekiro's combat is the most fun (if not the best period) for this style of game thus far. The only enemy type I didn't enjoy fighting were the headless demons. Exploration-wise it completely eclipses everything that came before it. I loved Mibu village and didn't think that would get topped but then I got to Fountainhead palace.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Old images but worth looking at again.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's going to feel great being away from the "ruined city" biome for a change

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope there's a cute little secret garden you can find and plant seeds that you've found throughout the open world that provide different small but appreciable benefits when you pick their fruit. and you can find sweet puppys and take care of them. i freaking love this game

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

gently caress there is such good light at the end of this lovely years gaming tunnel

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Qmass posted:

gently caress there is such good light at the end of this lovely years gaming tunnel

What else have we got?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

gently caress those are dope

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

RatHat posted:

Is that not the player character with a weird helm?

It's this guy

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
That dude definitely fucks

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

The question is: before or after he bashes your head in?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Nor should you be! :hai:

Sum Gai
Mar 23, 2013
It'd be funny if it turned out that Flail Guy is as dangerous as he looks (that is, not very) and has no magic powers, can't transform into a Pus of Man or whatever, and the screenshots and tweet are basically just goofy trolls.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
getting invaded by a guy 2-handing a mace or a reinforced club is legitimately more terrifying than someone in full havels holding a fume knight ultra greatsword

mace/flail guy knows how to fight

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Phobophilia posted:

getting invaded by a guy 2-handing a mace or a reinforced club is legitimately more terrifying than someone in full havels holding a fume knight ultra greatsword

mace/flail guy knows how to fight

Invader guy wearing rags with a heavy stick immediately makes my brain go "real poo poo is about to happen".

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cavauro posted:

i hope there's a cute little secret garden you can find and plant seeds that you've found throughout the open world that provide different small but appreciable benefits when you pick their fruit. and you can find sweet puppys and take care of them. i freaking love this game

you can drop collected puppies off at Iofeska's farm for safekeeping

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I got killed by two invaders today, one called the Preacher who I thought might be CPU at first, fuckin nearly 1 hit me with some lightning spell. Then "Arcane Archer" who was exactly what he sounds like (besides boring). I'd gotten so good at parrying, I decide to use an effigy once I reached iron keep and immediately meet two people parrying is useless against :negative:

Normally my mobility and timing keeps me in most battles but it was just a laggy mess today

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

these enemy designs look off chops. mysterious and weird

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

giZm posted:

The question is: before or after he bashes your head in?

during

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

JBP posted:

Invader guy wearing rags with a heavy stick immediately makes my brain go "real poo poo is about to happen".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kr7KDCsIws&t=496s

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

This is what I'm hoping for

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This is what I'm hoping for

I mean ... he has to be in it, right??

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Patches kicks, he doesn't break your skull with a flail.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Patches had quite a touching send off in ds3 but I couldn’t help but be happy to see him again

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Patches is the horse in Elden Ring

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

the horse is going to kick me down a cliff and I will say ‘thank you Miyazaki’

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

multijoe posted:

I mean ... he has to be in it, right??

He wasn’t in Sekiro

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
There's just a friendly bandit character of questionable morals wearing a coat made of patches of fabric.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Apparently that characters name is Jorge Ring

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

GodFish posted:

What else have we got?
new modern battlefield, new forza horizon, new arkane studios game (deathloop, which just came out today) new dying light, new age of empires, new far cry, new call of duty, new halo (some real gamepass titles at the end there but I'll eat popcorn when im hungry)

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Apparently that characters name is Jorge Ring

Ricky Spanish, got it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lol yeah this is him

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Qmass posted:

new modern battlefield, new forza horizon, new arkane studios game (deathloop, which just came out today) new dying light, new age of empires, new far cry, new call of duty, new halo (some real gamepass titles at the end there but I'll eat popcorn when im hungry)

And no more heroes 3 (haven't had a chance to play it yet and trying to stay unspoiled but people whose opinions I trust seem to like it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Qmass posted:

Wow new Call of Duty and new Halo O_O