Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Well, my mom just called to let me know my brother was admitted to the hospital with COVID. The brother who posts Facebook memes everyday that he’s not getting the shot, gently caress Biden, Bill Gates will control us with the vaccine etc.

Of course he’s not vaccinated. I’m angry and scared all at once. My niece just got married too, nice way to enjoy her honeymoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

poll plane variant posted:

A milk run assignment like this gives them experience with comms, securing a perimeter, planning the operation, managing civilians, etc

And it sets that up in everybody’s mind as a thing that happens. The guys playing soldier will forever know that they are the guys who play soldier at stuff like this, the people in the crowd accept that these guys will be there in the future because they were there last time too, the cops and the media and everybody else you would hope would be looking at that wont see anything any more, because it’s all normal. How can it be weird if it happens every time? That’s just what we do on Sundays, a fake doctor gives out fake medical exemptions so that kids can get sick while volunteer tough guys play special forces around the perimeter, just like every Sunday, quit worrying about it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Der Meister posted:

im not qq’ing but chiros and dentists have some of the best lobbyists in DC and routinely get pay raises while regular docs get cuts

do NOT let a chiro manipulate your neck. ever

chiropractors are super republican iirc

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

RC Cola posted:

It's not. Some edge lord is paying money to do lovely title changes and the mods either think it's ok or don't care

I take this back apparently mods just suck and allow slurs

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Der Meister posted:

cool just had a patient die here and the family is punching walls and threatening staff

they are livid the patient wasn’t given ivermectin

these psychos are going to start shooting up hospitals soon

Yikes. Can see them going the rest of their lives convinced their family member was wrongly-denied the life-saving ivermectin treatment, much easier to believe that than admitting their own poor choices killed them. And if they honestly think hospital staff purposefully withheld vital medicine and got their relative killed...

Maybe consider administering apple sauce as a placebo going forward.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

RC Cola posted:

It's not. Some edge lord is paying money to do lovely title changes and the mods either think it's ok or don't care

when mods put in a request to blank or change a person's title/avatar it doesnt happen automatically but still goes into the mod queue where it sits until an admin approves it

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

if ur gonna get shot by a gun it's good to already be in a hospital just saying

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Rynn posted:

Well, my mom just called to let me know my brother was admitted to the hospital with COVID. The brother who posts Facebook memes everyday that he’s not getting the shot, gently caress Biden, Bill Gates will control us with the vaccine etc.

Of course he’s not vaccinated. I’m angry and scared all at once. My niece just got married too, nice way to enjoy her honeymoon.

im sorry. that really sucks. to be frank, how old is he and is he overweight

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Coldrice posted:

You control the game with mouse click. You can move the screen with WASD or ARROW KEYS

You can click the little characters for options

you can click walls to add Pro/Anti vax posters

You can click stations to move them around

Let me know what you guys think! I have no "end game" in mind for all this, so I'm not sure if I'll go further or just call it a day after I add a few more features.

NOTE it will probably bug out and crash here and there I'm sure.
UI thing: Clicking, holding, then moving the mouse over a button and letting go is fairly unconventional design. I'd recommend having the menu open on click and then click again to select an option.

Are vaccines immediately effective in the game or do they take a few ingame weeks to provide defense?

gregday
May 23, 2003

I feel like the conspiracy poo poo is undermining the dozens of legit reasons to hate bill gates

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Rynn posted:

that sucks, i hope your brother pulls through.

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

Complications posted:

UI thing: Clicking, holding, then moving the mouse over a button and letting go is fairly unconventional design. I'd recommend having the menu open on click and then click again to select an option.

Are vaccines immediately effective in the game or do they take a few ingame weeks to provide defense?

I opted to make them immediately effective just due to the how long you'd have to wait in game otherwise

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Der Meister posted:

cool just had a patient die here and the family is punching walls and threatening staff

sincerely, it's probably some kind of violation but who cares? I'd just tell the family we did everything we could and if they asked about ivermectin I'd tell them we did so they could chill the gently caress out and not kill innocents.

Rynn posted:

I hope he makes it and I hope he didn't give it to anyone at the wedding.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Rynn posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully he lives. Hopefully he hasn't helped convince other people to not get a vaccine with his misinformation though. Social media is a disease

Edit: didn't even think of the wedding. Yeah did your niece get tested before going on a honeymoon that hopefully didn't involve flying?

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Der Meister posted:

im sorry. that really sucks. to be frank, how old is he and is he overweight

He turns 50 next year. Not overweight but he smokes heavily and also smokes weed

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Rynn posted:

drat that's awful. sorry

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

gregday posted:

I feel like the conspiracy poo poo is undermining the dozens of legit reasons to hate bill gates

QAnon is undermining real conspiracy theories that have validity too

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

RC Cola posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully he lives. Hopefully he hasn't helped convince other people to not get a vaccine with his misinformation though. Social media is a disease

Edit: didn't even think of the wedding. Yeah did your niece get tested before going on a honeymoon that hopefully didn't involve flying?

He’s full in on the Trump train and I feel like his posts are in an echo chamber but yeah, social media is loving worthless.

The wedding was a small outdoor wedding (I didn’t go but saw pictures) and no masks that I could see. I’m pretty sure my niece is just doing their honeymoon local, probably camping. They’re all pretty rural but she isn’t right wing like my brother has become and she got the shot.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Yossarian-22 posted:

QAnon is undermining real conspiracy theories that have validity too

Hmm, you could make a conspiracy theory out of that....

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

fosborb posted:

I feel like this is all barely in the news as occasional anecdotes, and the number of pregnant people who have been / were told to wait on the vaccine is heartbreaking

https://twitter.com/EMeadeMD/status/1437085399092903938?s=19

https://twitter.com/Sifill_LDF/status/1436522001519333378

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

guess its time to gear up to go to war with covid for making women abort republicans

no? ok

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

Got this handy dandy super fancy shaver years ago and it's been coming in real handy since

doctor level elegance my friend

Iron Crowned posted:

I have the same one, and I concur.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
i mean when asked if someone is overweight people imagine the average bloated american land whale but that extra 10lbs of beer gut is enough to do damage.

5’10” dude should ideally weight 155 lbs

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Lawlicaust posted:

Most people I've known that go this route go and get a DO and not an MD. I'm sure there are good DO's out there but most experience I've had with them in real life is laughable. One of my relatives got his DO after he decided he didn't want to be a pharmacist anymore but didn't want to go through the effort to go back to school that awarded him his pharmacy degree. Instead he went to a DO school that was pretty much a joke. I just remember him talking about how much virtual schooling he was doing and how almost never had to be in class or in person. Then he got in some dispute with the place he was doing his residency at because they paid for part/most of his school with the agreement he would practice there (it was some really rural hospital) and he did but also moonlighted as a pharmacist too which violated their employment agreement. Now he practices medicine in the most racist place in America and is a massive chud.

Any other DO I've met is similarly either 1) Chud (sticking it to the MDs and their liberal monopoly on medicine), 2) natural medicine quack, 3) too stupid to cut it as an MD, or 4) all of the above.

Trump’s bullshit White House doctor that said he was in the best physical condition of anyone he’d ever examined (NOT Dr Sexcake) that he tried to make Surgeon General was a DO.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Rynn posted:

He turns 50 next year. Not overweight but he smokes heavily and also smokes weed

I hope he has a mild course. sorry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Der Meister posted:

I hope he has a mild course. sorry

a mild course of Trump

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's true trump is the healthiest human to have ever existed from the standpoint of trump

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Koirhor posted:

i mean when asked if someone is overweight people imagine the average bloated american land whale but that extra 10lbs of beer gut is enough to do damage.

5’10” dude should ideally weight 155 lbs

Local news ran video from back on 9/11 and I was kinda shocked at how much less fat people were back then. A lot can change in 20 years I guess

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Called ambulance for chest tightness, palpitations and dizziness. ECG was fine, blood pressure and pulse elevated, but not emergency levels. Ambulance left. Two days later, dizziness and left arm buzzing, called ambulance again, same thing, blood sugar also fine, but opted for the ER this time. Got blood works, neurologic test (smile, touch nose, heel to knee, etc.), a COVID test, and wore a monitor for about six hours, nothing of note and also negative for COVID, although some dude in the room was running a fever and on oxygen and got wheeled off to the infectious disease ward, so that might change in the coming days, although I did my best to keep the mask on the whole time. If he was positive he'll definitely kill the unmasked fat lady in her 70s who had fallen down an escalator at the airport. Most of the staff didn't wear PPE or did so inconsistently.

Also weed suddenly fucks me up in a bad way now and I still don't know what's wrong. What a fun week. Just wonderful.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Local news ran video from back on 9/11 and I was kinda shocked at how much less fat people were back then. A lot can change in 20 years I guess

20 years is a long time for systemic environmental plastic bioaccumulation

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
This is how I spend my weekends now, making animations of cases growing in Washington state over time. Next on my list is hospitalizations!

https://i.imgur.com/mU7GOsZ.mp4

[Edit] The little '+' next to some dates in Jan. are estimates as I'm missing those three weeks.

Zantie fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 13, 2021

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

tuyop posted:

I got an extremely high quality wireless one. haven’t charged it since June and it hasn’t needed it!

it has a wide head for my head and narrow head for moustache ends.

wrong ram

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

SplitSoul posted:

Called ambulance for chest tightness, palpitations and dizziness. ECG was fine, blood pressure and pulse elevated, but not emergency levels. Ambulance left. Two days later, dizziness and left arm buzzing, called ambulance again, same thing, blood sugar also fine, but opted for the ER this time. Got blood works, neurologic test (smile, touch nose, heel to knee, etc.), a COVID test, and wore a monitor for about six hours, nothing of note and also negative for COVID, although some dude in the room was running a fever and on oxygen and got wheeled off to the infectious disease ward, so that might change in the coming days, although I did my best to keep the mask on the whole time. If he was positive he'll definitely kill the unmasked fat lady in her 70s who had fallen down an escalator at the airport. Most of the staff didn't wear PPE or did so inconsistently.

Also weed suddenly fucks me up in a bad way now and I still don't know what's wrong. What a fun week. Just wonderful.

been through all of this and “it’s just anxiety”

edit: to clear up I’m not dismissing your issues I was just told it was anxiety, which did not help one bit

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

SplitSoul posted:

panic attacks are no joke. that sucks dude, sorry to hear it

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

sincerely, it's probably some kind of violation but who cares? I'd just tell the family we did everything we could and if they asked about ivermectin I'd tell them we did so they could chill the gently caress out and not kill innocents.

I hope he makes it and I hope he didn't give it to anyone at the wedding.

Then they'd just start asking questions about the dosages and the schedule. The sorts of dumbasses demanding that family members be given ivermectin in the hospital believe that it's a miracle cure that can't fail. So, if somebody dies while taking it, it must have been given to them wrong (yes, this makes no sense, but this is how people like that think). Same poo poo with sovcits and their legal magic words bullshit. It's desperate people clinging to a fantasy that they want to believe is true, and it's easier to believe that somebody hosed up than it is to believe that the fantasy is untrue.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Der Meister posted:

let all surgeons carry

smoke break shoot outs!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Skull mask 1.1

paint was coming off so I pried them off, touched it up and sprayed it with clear enamel protectant

reglued in different positions so that there is room for the exhale filter

I’m concerned that the jaw might fall off months from now because it’s only glued to the thermoplastic instead of hard plastic but we’ll see

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 13, 2021

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."

tuyop posted:

I got an extremely high quality wireless one. haven’t charged it since June and it hasn’t needed it!

it has a wide head for my head and narrow head for moustache ends.

I got this one, too. Would recommend. Being cordless is really nice. I can cut my hair in the back yard if it's a nice day.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

SplitSoul posted:

I went through this two years ago and have been told after many many tests and a full month of wearing a heart monitor that it's just anxiety, just brace for that efb

weed is hit or miss for me and always has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

gotta upgrade to the secureclick bro