Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Q7kid posted:

Joe has to feel like the dumbest person on Earth for re-signing. He got one match back before getting shoved in the broom closet again.

https://i.imgur.com/mJzn5Sf.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

honestly i am very interested to see who THE NEW NXT puts their top belt on now that it could conceivably be someone other than the new hottest free agent signing. who is the 2021 equivalent of big e langston or bo dallas

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

John Dudebro posted:

honestly i am very interested to see who THE NEW NXT puts their top belt on now that it could conceivably be someone other than the new hottest free agent signing. who is the 2021 equivalent of big e langston or bo dallas

GUN NAR
HAR LAND

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah Joe looked pretty cooked in that match.

Big Queefy
Jan 27, 2013

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

MJeff posted:

Three years?

He's been fired, re-hired, came back as an enforced, returned to the ring, won the belt and vacated it all in the last month and a half.
If you want to get to the down and dirty, his career got derailed in TNA when Kurt Angle showed up. Once TNA had Angle, Joe was never the same again.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

I know the first one but I never bothered to find out what's the second one from?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bartok posted:

God knows how banged up Samoa Joe is at this point but part of me thinks it's a bit convenient he dropped the belt right before the launch of NXT 2.0

He looked really, really bad in that match with Kross.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

he got dragged into the ring by chris abyss or something. the stairs drop kick looks stupid but it's just a weird online myth that it totally ruined his body or something. he didn't miss a single show for a really long time after it & was working the same as always lol

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

the guy is just older and fatter and worked a tough style for like 15 years, it catches up to you

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

stab posted:

poo poo I would hope so, I was there.

What's funny is neither Sami or Uno were there, so it fades to legend with time obviously.

Is this before or after he was Flip D. Berger

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
RKJoe

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Smo Joe walked so Trick or Treat Jones could run.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Joe was criminally underused in wwe, even being a guy that was upper midcard the whole time. He had one of the best auras on the roster and was THE best promo they had for his whole run. He should have been top guy even if for just a couple of years.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Samoa Joe was the coolest guy in 2004.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is this before or after he was Flip D. Berger

Way before, i think he was maybe 14 or 15 when this happened, hence the no Uno at the bar

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nxt is hosed

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Gonzo McFee posted:

Samoa Joe was the coolest guy in 2004.

There was a period, from 2004 to 2005, where Samoa Joe was the best wrestler in the world. Not in the indies, not in North America, the world. Was thinking about that a few minutes ago and how like that's 16-17 years ago now and it was just a blip. He never lost his aura but simultaneously he is a victim of his time period being when the only real game in town was WWE who saw him as a fat guy thus ending up in TNA which was just bad, and a pioneer for really popularising strong style in indie wrestling as well as influencing a lot that came after him and without him wrestling wouldn't be where it is to this day. His legacy will be one of all the talent in the world but it was a short run and because of when he came up - he was a trailblazer but will never make any Halls of Fame.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

NXT, much like Team Taz or the Dark Order, is totally fine.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lid posted:

There was a period, from 2004 to 2005, where Samoa Joe was the best wrestler in the world. Not in the indies, not in North America, the world. Was thinking about that a few minutes ago and how like that's 16-17 years ago now and it was just a blip. He never lost his aura but simultaneously he is a victim of his time period being when the only real game in town was WWE who saw him as a fat guy thus ending up in TNA which was just bad, and a pioneer for really popularising strong style in indie wrestling as well as influencing a lot that came after him and without him wrestling wouldn't be where it is to this day. His legacy will be one of all the talent in the world but it was a short run and because of when he came up - he was a trailblazer but will never make any Halls of Fame.

If ROH had a HOF he's a 1st ballot guy. Same with Danielson, Ki, Homicide, Punk and Chris Daniels.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Honestly, if they had the (great) balls (of fire) to let Joe choke out Lesnar, win the title, and have a dominant run at the top people would have eaten that poo poo up and it would have been amazing.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Lid posted:

There was a period, from 2004 to 2005, where Samoa Joe was the best wrestler in the world. Not in the indies, not in North America, the world.

Clearly he couldn't have been the best in the world in 2005 if he lost to Kobashi :colbert:

e: but yeah, goddamn, he had all of those classics with Styles, Daniels, Punk, Danielson, Necro Butcher and Kobashi in the space of a year. That's more all-time great matches in a year than some wrestlers produce in their entire life. Easily one of the greatest of all time, and it's such a shame that he's ended his career on such a massive bum note.

Venomous fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 13, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

If ROH had a HOF he's a 1st ballot guy. Same with Danielson, Ki, Homicide, Punk and Chris Daniels.

Yeah but its RoH, AEW would have a more reputable Hall of Fame right now if they opened one.

Also I cannot find the original AJ Styles TNA plauqe image, only the parodies of it. Was going to use that to illustrate and RoH Hall of Fame but did find this.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
senor joe. the ratings don’t lie And they spell disaster for you at nxt

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lid posted:

Yeah but its RoH, AEW would have a more reputable Hall of Fame right now if they opened one.

Also I cannot find the original AJ Styles TNA plauqe image, only the parodies of it. Was going to use that to illustrate and RoH Hall of Fame but did find this.

I don't agree at all, ROH only became lovely in the last few years, AEW opening up arguably hurt them even more than it did WWE.

ROH were a standard bearer for actual loving wrestling from the time they opened until their downturn in 2018.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

If Joe stays in ROH instead of jumping to TNA, is he in the same stratosphere as Bryan Danielson currently?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

If Joe stays in ROH instead of jumping to TNA, is he in the same stratosphere as Bryan Danielson currently?

I feel like it greatly depends on how TNA uses him, and they cannot/could not be trusted

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I feel like it greatly depends on how TNA uses him, and they cannot/could not be trusted

So yes, he should have stayed with ROH and become renowned as one of the undisputed greatest wrestlers of all time. Fair enough tbh

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

thepokey posted:

Honestly, if they had the (great) balls (of fire) to let Joe choke out Lesnar, win the title, and have a dominant run at the top people would have eaten that poo poo up and it would have been amazing.

The Brock reign that year killed both Joe and Braun on the main roster. Both should have held the title that year and it would have solidified them as main event rivals for Roman.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
lol that reminded me of the Samoan Summit

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This latest news makes it even crazier to me that you all love wwe

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

That DICK! posted:

This latest news makes it even crazier to me that you all love wwe
Kicking habits is really hard

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

just popping in to say lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Lid posted:

Please check my av for that picture

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
samoa joe is about to get fired twice in one year

MasterSitsu
Nov 23, 2013

trying hard to decide between "title is cursed" and gun to joe's head "vince just wants a clean reboot"

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
real men don't quit, they get fired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DEAR RICHARD posted:

samoa joe is about to get fired twice in one year

nah they wouldnt do that. Firing Joe while he's injured would be mean.