Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Steve Yun posted:

Reseated skull mask still looks cool even without exhale filter yay

I like the look but you realize the next step is getting some shiny gold skull bits so you look like one of the guys from Death Stranding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

okay this is really making me rethink my feeling that "the vanguard" is a misguided way to approach political change.

we need a people's army rolling across the globe, and we need it yesterday.

put needles in arms now

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

mdemone posted:

okay this is really making me rethink my feeling that "the vanguard" is a misguided way to approach political change.

put needles in arms now

sorry but due to supply chain shortages we are out of needles.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
had an awful fever today but it seems to have lessened, reminds me of when i got my 2nd shot
no other symptoms except now-gone body aches
not sure if covid or something else

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Evil_Greven posted:

had an awful fever today but it seems to have lessened, reminds me of when i got my 2nd shot
no other symptoms except now-gone body aches
not sure if covid or something else

go get tested

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/who-more-doubtful-about-vaccines-ending-pandemic

quote:

COPENHAGEN (AFP) - The head of the WHO Europe was on Friday (Sept 10) pessimistic about vaccines' ability to put an end to the Covid pandemic, as new variants dash hopes of reaching herd immunity.

Faced with the possibility that the virus may be around for many years, health officials must now "anticipate how to gradually adapt our vaccination strategy", in particular on the question of additional doses, Dr Hans Kluge told reporters.

In May, the WHO director had said "the pandemic will be over once we reach 70 per cent minimum coverage in vaccination".

Asked by AFP if that figure was still a target or whether more people would need to be vaccinated, Dr Kluge acknowledged that the situation had changed due to new, more transmissible variants, such as Delta.

"I think it brings us to the point that the aim of a vaccination is first and foremost to prevent more serious disease, and that's mortality," he said.

"If we consider that Covid will continue to mutate and remain with us, the way influenza is, then we should anticipate how to gradually adapt our vaccination strategy to endemic transmission and gather really precious knowledge about the impact of additional jabs," he added.

Epidemiologists now suggest that it is unrealistic that herd immunity can be reached solely with the use of vaccines, though they remain crucial to contain the pandemic.

High vaccination rates are also necessary to "to unload the pressure from healthcare systems" that desperately need to treat other diseases pushed to the backburner by Covid, Dr Kluge said.

The Delta variant is considered to be 60 per cent more transmissible than the previous dominant variant Alpha, and twice as contagious as the original virus.

The more contagious the virus, the higher the bar for reaching herd immunity, which is when enough people are immune that the virus stops circulating.

That can be obtained either by vaccination or natural infection.

This doesn't contradict Tedros's position that boosters should come after global vaccination rates rise substantially, but shows that some at WHO are considering boosters a necessity in the future.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SplitSoul posted:

I thought I knew what that felt like after having dealt with it for more than two decades, but I guess not. They admitted me after I mentioned familial heart issues, but I'm apparently a picture of health as far as that's concerned.

Digestion also triggers it somehow, so that's awesome.

I had the bright idea to eat nothing but Oreos for a couple days a few years ago, and I started getting chest pain in the middle of the night. Took a multivitamin and it went away within a couple hours.

Giving yourself scurvy isn't fun

CynicallyTested
Oct 19, 2004
Performed better than the leading competition in cynical testing

mdemone posted:

put needles in arms now

that’s what you think a hypothetical people’s army should be doing…?? lmfao

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

CynicallyTested posted:

that’s what you think a hypothetical people’s army should by doing…?? lmfao

metaphorically ya doofus

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

mystes posted:

At this rate I can't even imagine what mu is going to be like.

If it reaches full vaccine immunity it'll roll over America like a loving steamroller.

Edit: wait, would that make it immune/resistant to monoclonal antibodies? Taking away rich people's sense of COVID-invincibility might actually be a game-changer.

Random Asshole fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 13, 2021

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
US numbers don't include LA County this weekend.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

empty whippet box posted:

goodbye covid thread, I dared to say that I don't think it's cool to call people 'retard' casually all the time so now im getting av changed and harassed and poo poo so i am just not gonna post anymore see ya later!!!! probably never!! I shouldn't have spent $5 to wipe my av because i am very poor but I don't feel like going around having bigoted slurs attached to all my posts and the harassment is probably going to continue so w/e im just done

idk I think you’re welcome here and appreciate your posting afaik

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lmao you should empathize with these people!

What a loving joke

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SplitSoul posted:

Also weed suddenly fucks me up in a bad way now and I still don't know what's wrong. What a fun week. Just wonderful.

I had that happen to me at the beginning of the year. Vomitted my guts out and felt like poo poo for about a month. I haven't had any weed since and smoking delta 8 once back in march made me feel similar kinds of bad for about a day

i dont have insurance so i cant see a doctor about it. i miss weed...

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

RIP Auckland, 33 cases today, so still bouncing around the southern suburbs, very unlikely we get to go down a restriction level for at least another week. Got my first taste of titers today too finally.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Zantie posted:

This is how I spend my weekends now, making animations of cases growing in Washington state over time. Next on my list is hospitalizations!

https://i.imgur.com/mU7GOsZ.mp4

[Edit] The little '+' next to some dates in Jan. are estimates as I'm missing those three weeks.

this is neat, thanks. its cool to see how the backfill changes the shape of the graph over time (not much) which is hard to capture without some sort of animation like this.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

mastershakeman posted:

I saw f9 in theaters while masked since I had a horrible cold . It ruled , great time

I'll see dune as well but not sure if I'll n95 vs respirator. Probably n95 to avoid dealing with the scolds

:frogout:

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

Koirhor posted:

i mean when asked if someone is overweight people imagine the average bloated american land whale but that extra 10lbs of beer gut is enough to do damage.

5’10” dude should ideally weight 155 lbs

BMI "overweight" only matters if you don't have any muscle. 155 is tiny for 5'10"

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
hee hee hee HA HAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

LMAO

EEEEEE HEE HEE HEE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

gradenko_2000 posted:

QAnon and pizzagate started circulating specifically after Epstein was arrested. Not only is it a way to bury google search results, it's also a way to be able to write-off anyone investigating "conspiracy theories" as being a QAnon-er

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

turd in my singlet posted:

BMI "overweight" only matters if you don't have any muscle. 155 is tiny for 5'10"

BMI is a population level statistic and anyone who goes "I have muscle under all this fat" is lying quite thoroughly to themselves

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
sir i'll have you know I have very powerful haunches

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

when mods put in a request to blank or change a person's title/avatar it doesnt happen automatically but still goes into the mod queue where it sits until an admin approves it

Would be nice for the admin to return the money whippet used to blank out a avatar with the slur in it.

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Everyone thinks their BMI is wrong because everyone is obese and obese just looks like a normal guy now.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

McNugget Buddy posted:

I had the bright idea to eat nothing but Oreos for a couple days a few years ago, and I started getting chest pain in the middle of the night. Took a multivitamin and it went away within a couple hours.

Giving yourself scurvy isn't fun

take care of yourself dude, we need you in case more people post their fake credentials

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Blackhawk posted:

RIP Auckland, 33 cases today, so still bouncing around the southern suburbs, very unlikely we get to go down a restriction level for at least another week. Got my first taste of titers today too finally.

ah nuts.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Chard posted:

post pics bithc

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Steve Yun posted:

Reseated skull mask still looks cool even without exhale filter yay

Immortan Joe is the aesthetic we should all be aiming for in this dystopia lmao
(he may have been a tyrant but at least he took respirators seriously)

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

I thought I knew what that felt like after having dealt with it for more than two decades, but I guess not. They admitted me after I mentioned familial heart issues, but I'm apparently a picture of health as far as that's concerned.

Digestion also triggers it somehow, so that's awesome.

I think you got "too high"

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!
I'm due back in class tomorrow to teach for the first time in over a year and a half and I have already started drinking tonight. University of British Columbia already sending out multiple exposure notices in their first goddamn week. Luckily my uni isn't quite as crazy big as UBC but even so. These loving capitalist pigs are marching us right back into the COVID mines without a shred of remorse. I pleaded to go online, or to delay class start dates, but everything was denied. I really did try.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Shifty Nipples posted:

Uh I didn't realize it had become ok to use the r word here I think that is kind of hosed up and not cool.

it hasn’t

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

nomad2020 posted:

I hate BMI, if you want to see how fat you are in a way that predicts the likelihood of your heart exploding try waist to hip ratio. larger than .9 means you're fat, above 1 is obese. Less than .8 is the opposite problem.

example. your rear end is 40" so your waist better be 36" or less.

this can’t be right, because my hip to waist ratio is under .8 and I’m already fat as heck

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Doctor posted:

I'm due back in class tomorrow to teach for the first time in over a year and a half and I have already started drinking tonight. University of British Columbia already sending out multiple exposure notices in their first goddamn week. Luckily my uni isn't quite as crazy big as UBC but even so. These loving capitalist pigs are marching us right back into the COVID mines without a shred of remorse. I pleaded to go online, or to delay class start dates, but everything was denied. I really did try.

good luck

*img horse blinder flips down, "we die"*

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

I’m not embarrassed to say I squeed out loud when I saw your kitten
just too adorable

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what's the R word? rtump?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmao you should empathize with these people!

What a loving joke

lol dudes rock

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
lastly regardless of whether or not you value BMI as an indication of overall health (it is) the hospital will use it to evaluate and triage you for the last tank of oxygen anyways sooooo

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

smoobles posted:

what's the R word? rtump?

reported for rtump

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Helith posted:

I’m not embarrassed to say I squeed out loud when I saw your kitten
just too adorable

Thank you. I like how his fur looks like a cinnamon swirl