Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost

SKULL.GIF posted:

BMI is a population level statistic and anyone who goes "I have muscle under all this fat" is lying quite thoroughly to themselves

Weight circumference is a useful secondary measure for people in the "overweight" range

E:

turd in my singlet fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

mastershakeman posted:

Thank you. I like how his fur looks like a cinnamon swirl

Classic tabby, my favourite
what’s their name?

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Emily Oster has always been aligned with capital

before vaccines: Keep kids in school, they don’t get infected and parents need to work

after vaccine: oh good this will help kids stay in school so that parents can keep working

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god

:roflolmao:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
its a chinese liberal bioweapon, which is why im going to ignore it and spread it to my friends and family

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

not a hint of introspection

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
people self-destructing over the r-slur is so dumb

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

narrator: it was the chyna virus

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

crepeface posted:

people self-destructing over the r-slur is so dumb

yeah, its pretty... something... pretty... dumb? that doesn't cut it, i need a stronger version of "dumb" but ill be damned if i know what it is

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder if there will be any downstream effect from so many loudly repugnant antivaxxers being struck down by Delta.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Update: My idiot brother who

1. Refused to get vaccinated
2. Uses an oxygen machine to breathe at night
3. Took a bunch of advil to lower his fever so he could get on a plan to take his family to Florida
4. Refused to go to the hospital in spite of being too sick to get out of bed while in Florida
5. Blamed his wife's vaccine for getting him sick

is now in the hospital feeling horrible and it's definitely covid.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Update: My idiot brother who

1. Refused to get vaccinated
2. Uses an oxygen machine to breathe at night
3. Took a bunch of advil to lower his fever so he could get on a plan to take his family to Florida
4. Refused to go to the hospital in spite of being too sick to get out of bed while in Florida
5. Blamed his wife's vaccine for getting him sick

is now in the hospital feeling horrible and it's definitely covid.

:boehner:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Fixed the meme

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder if there will be any downstream effect from so many loudly repugnant antivaxxers being struck down by Delta.

Probably not, they will just double down on the beliefs or blame things like how not getting horse paste at the hospital killed their family.

Not their own crackpot conspiracy theory beliefs they got from the internet.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

yeah, its pretty... something... pretty... dumb? that doesn't cut it, i need a stronger version of "dumb" but ill be damned if i know what it is

trump

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

so many people deciding between "culture war" and "death" and choosing death

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Delta-Wye posted:

I think it sucks that the r-word slur refers to some of the best and kindest people I've known, when it really and truly belongs to that girl in my class who can't download a PDF even though YOU'VE DONE IT EVERY DAY GODDAMNIT LYDIA ARE YOU R---------

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Helith posted:

Classic tabby, my favourite
what’s their name?

Haven't figured it out yet so just kitty for now. Considering Alfie, Richie, etc

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

etalian posted:

Probably not, they will just double down on the beliefs or blame things like how not getting horse paste at the hospital killed their family.

Not their own crackpot conspiracy theory beliefs they got from the internet.

No I mean like in terms of that particular group suddenly becoming 1-2% smaller.

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

turd in my singlet posted:

Weight circumference is a useful secondary measure for people in the "overweight" range

E:

I could go with this, would only fall apart for the powerlifter or strongman builds and those aren't excessively healthy to begin with.

DarkEuphoria posted:

this can’t be right, because my hip to waist ratio is under .8 and I’m already fat as heck

I can only picture that one character from the PJs.

Bathtub Cheese
Jun 15, 2008

I lust for Chinese world conquest. The truth does not matter before the supremacy of Dear Leader Xi.
the vast increase in federal outlays on SSI/SSDI, medicaid and medicare from these chuds getting long covid means the indefinite, uncontrolled spread of sars-cov-2 variants in the chudlands is the gift that keeps on taking. i wouldn't be surprised if this is curtains for all of those programs on an even shorter timeline than they had planned before.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Delta-Wye posted:

ridiculous

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

SKULL.GIF posted:

No I mean like in terms of that particular group suddenly becoming 1-2% smaller.

Theyll get louder and stupider even faster

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Situation in NZ.... seems bad

https://twitter.com/NZStuff/status/1437237256696123396?s=19

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

nomad2020 posted:

I could go with this, would only fall apart for the powerlifter or strongman builds and those aren't excessively healthy to begin with.

one weird trick to feel better about being overweight !

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

[laughs endemicly]

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

bmi is racist against short people

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

SKULL.GIF posted:

probably not. there's still enough of the critical mass to create an online community. maybe a few relatives of a dead guy or people who survived a close call will splinter off and create their own community like ex-scientologists, but the base group will keep on truckin'

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Shifty Nipples posted:

I think you got "too high"

My tolerance was pretty solid and I've been smoking the same stuff nearly every day for months, but I actually wasn't high at the time at all, I hadn't smoked those two days or the day in between. I've tried smoking a little since, like just a few puffs hoping it'd take the edge off, and it invariably turns into A Bad Time. I've tried "too high" in the past and it usually just made me fall asleep, not worry that I wouldn't wake up. Dunno if stress or whatever it is can nullify tolerance somehow. I just wanna go back to chilling. :(

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
[chuckles covidly]

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

maybe, maybe not.

https://twitter.com/SiouxsieW/status/1437224352508891138?s=20

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

lil poopendorfer posted:

one weird trick to feel better about being overweight !

I mean, yea, being a proportionate human and/or being low on the BMI scale while maintaining a slim waistline would make me feel a bit better about being a fatty.

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

Coldrice posted:

Alrighty folks, here's is version 1 of my Covid Simulator for you to try

WINDOWS BUILD

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wi68gfdkx0g4t39/CovidGameV1.zip?dl=0

You control the game with mouse click. You can move the screen with WASD or ARROW KEYS

You can click the little characters for options

you can click walls to add Pro/Anti vax posters

You can click stations to move them around

Let me know what you guys think! I have no "end game" in mind for all this, so I'm not sure if I'll go further or just call it a day after I add a few more features.

NOTE it will probably bug out and crash here and there I'm sure.

badass. gonna let this run overnight :twisted:

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

SKULL.GIF posted:

for the diehards, the mythos grows and adds a veneer of victimhood with blame placed at a vague, moving, target

surely not to feed reactionary beliefs

what kind of person, group, or economic system would exploit death and personal trauma

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/1437225485533130752

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

nomad2020 posted:

I mean, yea, being a proportionate human and/or being low on the BMI scale while maintaining a slim waistline would make me feel a bit better about being a fatty.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zokari posted:

so many people deciding between "culture war" and "death" and choosing death

Cake or death?

Coldrice
Jan 20, 2006

kreeningsons posted:

badass. gonna let this run overnight :twisted:

Ha ha I’m curious how that goes! I’ve never done it before but Im thinking about setting it up so it can minimize to the task bar, and pop up some alerts as things go on in game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

nomad2020 posted:

why yes, my rear end is huge, ty

a good motivator for trying really hard not to get covid