Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

QuarkJets posted:

Where can I get a Lucifer Telescope?

Why is Operation Paperclip on there, that one isn't a conspiracy theory. That's like writing #COMPOUNDING INTEREST or #AUTOMOBILES

Werner Von Braun was a nazi war criminal therefore the earth is flat and science is fake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol at tin hats not getting the etymology of light bringer, secular, or corporal.

Also yeah foreign tinhats have been parroting Q and MAGA poo poo for a while. Sorry that America infects the rest of the world through passive osmosis.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

PhazonLink posted:

Also yeah foreign tinhats have been parroting Q and MAGA poo poo for a while. Sorry that America infects the rest of the world through passive osmosis.

foreigners gave us moomins...... it's time for revenge

naem
May 29, 2011

rt4 posted:

Can we trade away American Australia for Canada instead?

Canada is just reverse Australia

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

cynic posted:

It may surprise you to find out that one of the top 10 exports from the USA is conspiracy theories. They are pretty much everywhere now, 9/11 stuff included. Moon landing was fake. Guaranteed there are Australian flat earthers even though according to the prevalent strain of flat earthing, Australia is fake and all Australians are actors putting on a stupid accent.

the primacy of americans in the english language internet has led to a weird situation where crazy/dumb people from all over are passionate about US poo poo that doesn't have any effect on them whatsoever. my mom's friend who gets news from facebook will suddenly start going off about hillary and it's like, we aren't american, she isn't in office, what the gently caress are you talking about?

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Stink Billyums posted:

the primacy of americans in the english language internet has led to a weird situation where crazy/dumb people from all over are passionate about US poo poo that doesn't have any effect on them whatsoever. my mom's friend who gets news from facebook will suddenly start going off about hillary and it's like, we aren't american, she isn't in office, what the gently caress are you talking about?

That's not quite true. The president of America can gently caress things up for every person in another country, and frequently does. Or occasionally make life better. American elections matter a lot to people in other countries and given the amount of influence America has over us, we should probably get a (part of) a vote in the US elections.

edit: Pretty sure Hillary wouldn't have undermined the WHO during a global pandemic, but I guess it's possible.

Dongsturm fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 12, 2021

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1437136126582603782?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

It should be legal to hunt chiropractors with bow and arrow

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The US should never have legitimized chiropractors.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
"This child cannot wear a mask at school because their parents are spineless"

- Dr. Fakedegree, D.C.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sydney Australia is planning on doing something similar in 5 weeks except they don't have a passport system worked out yet and they're determined to not go back into lockdown again even if ICU rates climb

I'm predicting the result will be ......................................... not good

We can use the Medicare digital certificates if we have to.

I'm more concerned at Hazzard pretty much approving people in the eastern suburbs flocking to the beach and behaving as though masking and social distancing requirements have been lifted. Just because you're fortunate enough for the beach to be within your 5 km limit, doesn't mean you should be exempted from complying with other requirements.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Stink Billyums posted:

This is true. The most bat poo poo pro Trump person I know is from Columbia and lives in canada. Doesn’t give a poo poo about Canadian political issues, won’t shut up about Biden and communism. If you press them on it the response is “America is the center of all freedom and Christianity in the world, if it falls to Satan and communism we’re doomed.”

At first it was easy to shrug off this stuff cause hey, they can’t vote in America or Canada. The pandemic has given them the chance to actually be harmful to those around them by refusing to be vaccinated and refusing to wear a mask. Though now that vaccine passports are in effect they won’t be able to go anywhere or do anything. I hope their employer starts mandating it...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
These people are incredibly online and on Facebook lol

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

wilderthanmild posted:

The US should never have legitimized chiropractors.

but their lobby pays nice.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005
Having a staff get together and because it's indoors and not at the workplace the manager will verifying everybody's vaccine status(after tomorrow you need it for gym, restaurants etc.) Looking forward to the two antivax ladies getting some consequences.

Also, I find antivaxxers look at the passport thing backwards. They picture stadiums/gyms/restaurants as open for business indefinitely as our cases rise. The government is closing those things and reopening them on condition that those inside won't be spreading the virus. Not that those places are open forever and we are removing the antivaxxers.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Antivaxxers understand intrinsically that no one likes them or wants them around

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

I remember like in 03 it was a running joke in Two and a Half Men that Alan was a chiropractor. It was almost always like "You're not a medical professional" or "You're a masseuse that injures people" kinda jokes.

Being able to get a medical exemption from one in tyool 2021 is :psyduck: as gently caress.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Galewolf posted:

Being able to get a medical exemption from one in tyool 2021 is :psyduck: as gently caress.

It's Florida, they do things a bit differently there.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

Zil posted:

It's Florida, they do things a bit differently there.

I think, as someone who has never been to states before like last month, this pandemic finally revealed how wild differences between states and federal government are (for good or for bad)

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Galewolf posted:

It's not a real legal document, it just has to be enough for some chump to be intimidated by it

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

rt4 posted:

It's not a real legal document, it just has to be enough for some chump to be intimidated by it

If that's the case, why literally not write one yourself? Do you get challenged on it and if you do, does it even matter since both are not legal.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Galewolf posted:

If that's the case, why literally not write one yourself? Do you get challenged on it and if you do, does it even matter since both are not legal.

The sort of people to get an exemption from a chiropractor are the sort of people that don't know chiropractic is horse poo poo

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
My boss has recommended a chiropractor several times to me for back pain. He also said I should do cross fit

What should I do

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's literally just an instrument on a telescope that some nerd shoehorned into an acronym of LUCIFER and then the internet did its thing.

Every single person involved in Astronomy is utterly obsessed with getting the perfect acronym for their projects. It's pathological but ends out with some pretty amusing results.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Dear Watson posted:

My boss has recommended a chiropractor several times to me for back pain. He also said I should do cross fit

What should I do

Do cross fit, become paralyzed, then sue your boss.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
There was a national NPR story last week or so where the reporter stated while narrating an interview recorded with a mom, "her son can't wear a mask because he has autism." It seemed like a very uninformative and un-objective way to phrase that, even if it is effectively the situation they're in.
Especially when like a day before I heard a local NPR story where they had a pediatrician around here explaining how to get children with special needs to get comfortable with masks (which I would think by this point in 18 months, you'd have worked on this)

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My kid's would-be school has a child with autism who has a medical exemption for mask wearing. The mother, who never wears a mask, has also told everyone how they should get a religious exemption for any potential vaccine requirement, too. She goes to such lengths to protect her child :rolleye:

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!
My mother in law now has the covid due to a covid funeral. Her family is trying to give her the paste. help

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Butterwagon posted:

My mother in law now has the covid due to a covid funeral. Her family is trying to give her the paste. help

Do they have a photo of her with a horse? This might be important.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Cthulu Carl posted:

Do they have a photo of her with a horse? This might be important.

They are making arrangements as we post

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Butterwagon posted:

They are making arrangements as we post

OK, that's good. Make sure they get the apple flavored. I hear the best method is to make a sandwich by putting some on the rind, putting on a piece of Slim Jim, then another pork rind.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Dear Watson posted:

What should I do

Go see a physiotherapist instead, they like what chiropractor but real. They might prescribe you exercise to do at home though, chiropractor would just take your money,

Bleusilences fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Sep 13, 2021

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

QuarkJets posted:

Where can I get a Lucifer Telescope?

Why is Operation Paperclip on there, that one isn't a conspiracy theory. That's like writing #COMPOUNDING INTEREST or #AUTOMOBILES

Also #EPSTEIN ISLAND :ssh: Conspiracists love to co-opt real world conspiracies and mix them in with their idiotic fake conspiracies but I'm sure they've also woven a whole new web of fake idiocy around them and made up a whole lot of fake poo poo. At one point the Qanons decided that Trump really had been visiting Epstein's island ...... but as an undercover operative to gain the trust of the pedophile ringleaders so he could bust 'em all when the time was right. :v:

I was arguing with an idiot online recently about the pandemic restrictions and they posted a comment saying "Well 3rd doses and vaxx passports were also a conspiracy last year!! :smug:" and I was like "No they weren't??? Like, people may have been making up crazy stories about them but they were always real???????"

Also I fuckin' love that this crazy woman added the hashtags onto her printed sign, that's just magical. :allears:

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also #EPSTEIN ISLAND :ssh: Conspiracists love to co-opt real world conspiracies and mix them in with their idiotic fake conspiracies but I'm sure they've also woven a whole new web of fake idiocy around them and made up a whole lot of fake poo poo. At one point the Qanons decided that Trump really had been visiting Epstein's island ...... but as an undercover operative to gain the trust of the pedophile ringleaders so he could bust 'em all when the time was right. :v:

I was arguing with an idiot online recently about the pandemic restrictions and they posted a comment saying "Well 3rd doses and vaxx passports were also a conspiracy last year!! :smug:" and I was like "No they weren't??? Like, people may have been making up crazy stories about them but they were always real???????"

Also I fuckin' love that this crazy woman added the hashtags onto her printed sign, that's just magical. :allears:

Yeah, probably 6 months ago, I was speaking to a customer who turned out to be anti-vax. He was like" they are going to ask you to get a third shot and with these variants they are going to make you get one that's specific to them probably every year". I agreed that it's a lot to think about so we weren't arguing but all I could think was "I hope you're right". He described the virulogist getting a good grip on dealing with these random variants rather than us all waiting around to get a nasty case of covid eventually.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1437078926073942021

quote:

United Airlines’ employees who are granted exemptions to a company vaccinate mandate for religious reasons will be put on temporary unpaid leave starting next month, the airline told staff Wednesday, citing the recent rise in Covid cases.
[...]
United said Wednesday if an employee’s request for a religious exemption is denied, they must be vaccinated within five weeks of the denial notice and get the first shot by Sept. 27, or they will be terminated.

Pilots, flight attendants, gate agents and airport customer service agents who interact with customers who are granted those exemptions can return to work “once the pandemic meaningfully recedes,” United said, without specifying the timeframe.

Other employees like mechanics and dispatchers granted exemptions can return to work after the airline puts in new testing and other measures, the carrier said in a staff note. It is still determining safety measures for office workers with exemptions and whether they need to come in at all.

Staff who are given medical exemptions for not getting the vaccine will be put on temporary medical leave.
:yeshaha:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I can’t help but wonder how many of these religious exemption folks have been getting other vaccines just fine.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

quote:

Delta Air Lines is imposing a $200 surcharge on unvaccinated employees’ company health care premiums.

Been expecting this for a while now, I'm surprised it hasn't been sooner. You can expect it from all health care providers pretty soon, who the hell wants to pay millions for a chud hospital stay that could have been prevented.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Zugzwang posted:

I can’t help but wonder how many of these religious exemption folks have been getting other vaccines just fine.

It's likely that significant portion of Americans never get vaccines as adults. It's pretty much only if you travel outside of the US or actually pay attention and get flu shots / Tdap boosters or PPSV / shingles when you get old enough. Flu coverage is ~45% and Tdap ~35%, and I suspect a very large portion of non-covered folks never get them.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Zugzwang posted:

I think they’re just scared because it’s new and there was enough misinformation being spread to capitalize on that. My working theory is that they are all scared first and foremost, and the misinfo was cover for them to avoid the vaccine in a face saving way.

On one hand I feel bad for them for having their fears taken advantage of, on the other hand their decision not to vaccinate kills other people. Yeah crappy education and cultural pressures made them the way they were, but they’re all adults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Fur20 posted:

as funny as this sounds on paper, i'm honestly a huge opponent of this policy solely because that's basically what the state of hawaii did. except, they did it last year. they let some fuckin private companies set up shop like "want a covid test? $120 bitch!"

Well, last year would have been bad, yeah. But I see it this way: everyone 12+ here had the chance to get vaccinated. Like seriously everyone. When it was clear the rate stagnates and a lot of doses will soon have to be discarded, they even started various actions like driving with buses directly to malls where people can get the jab after shopping etc.

So basically everyone who wanted to get vaxxed is, and everyone who refuses to do the right thing (and has no medical condition etc.) isn't, so I don't see why the general public should still pay for the tests they need to go to a restaraunt, cinema or whatever. Of course it's just trying to get them to finally get the jab instead of spending 100 EUR per restaurant visit only for the two tests.