Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Built Different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
You can't drop a bench player who has already played on ESPN and it's terrible.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Looks like the stuff about Trey Sermon breaking a team rule was BS. Either that or Shanahan is a straight up liar.

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/1437155333206589443

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Woke up to Matthew Berry on ESPN yelling to grab Mitchell. Got him in most of my leagues. Love Matthew Berry.

CocoaNuts
Jun 12, 2020

coronaball posted:

Looks like the stuff about Trey Sermon breaking a team rule was BS. Either that or Shanahan is a straight up liar.

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/1437155333206589443

Hey, Trey Lance has a QB rating of 127.1. That's loving elite!

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

High ankle sprain for Jeudy. Those usually 4-6 weeks?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Sometimes they linger. Didn't McCaffrey have one last year that took him out for 8 weeks?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

dkj posted:

High ankle sprain for Jeudy. Those usually 4-6 weeks?

6-8 weeks minimum they said.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Sometimes high ankle sprains can snowball way beyond that, as well. One of those injuries that can linger and end up being a big issue

Speaking of injuries, freaking Mostert went out on like the second play or something

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Gotta love the report 7 mins before tipoff that Swift should be downgraded because Williams will be the starter and carry most of the load.

loving football reporting.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Thanks Aaron Rodgers and Ezekiel Elliott for getting me a combined 8 points

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

RCarr posted:

Gotta love the report 7 mins before tipoff that Swift should be downgraded because Williams will be the starter and carry most of the load.

loving football reporting.

Didn’t Williams put up like 20 points?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don’t know, but Williams scoring a lot of points doesn’t make me feel any better about benching Swift.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

yeah now apparently Jacobs is questionable for MNF with illness and if he doesn't play I have literally no one else to replace him. Except who would I replace him with anyways, I'd have to find some role player from either the Raiders or the Ravens EXCEPT I can't add players right now so yeah, that's cool.

Was very much on my way to getting a big upset but losing one guy before he gets two snaps and now another guy probably won't play, safe to say I am boned

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RCarr posted:

6-8 weeks minimum they said.

Kinda wondering if I should just drop him, it’s tough to burn a slot for 8 weeks to start the season. Also limits waiver flexibility.

Anyone gonna drop Jeudy?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spoeank posted:

Built Different.
Is this referring to the rookie who immediately tied Calvin Ridley for the team lead in targets and is currently on pace for 136 this season?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pmchem posted:

Kinda wondering if I should just drop him, it’s tough to burn a slot for 8 weeks to start the season. Also limits waiver flexibility.

Anyone gonna drop Jeudy?

I have an IR slot so no, but it would be tough to hold someone for 8 weeks with no IR slot.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RCarr posted:

I have an IR slot so no, but it would be tough to hold someone for 8 weeks with no IR slot.

Yeah, in the one league I have him, no IR slot. And guys like Christian Kirk on the wire. It’s brutal but I may have to let him go.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tiptoes posted:

Is this referring to the rookie who immediately tied Calvin Ridley for the team lead in targets and is currently on pace for 136 this season?

I'm referring to the rookie who had 31 yards today yes.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Play posted:

Speaking of injuries, freaking Mostert went out on like the second play or something

I know

I knoooowwww

shirts and skins posted:

I think Mostert is going off today.

look I wasn't technically wrong okay

God, gently caress me hahaha, that was so frustrating

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
You all can ignore this but I just need to salt/dramapost so I can sleep tonight. I’m on the left.

I’ve come in last in this keeper league two years in a row, and this will probably be year three. I don’t understand how anyone can be this bad at fantasy football. I do the Beersheets and Fantasypros and all the experts and weekly articles. I’ve done research, I’ve “gone with my gut”, I just can’t seem to form a reliable team. Every year it feels like my picks all bust and even playing the waivers isn’t enough to supplement my team. Am I just doomed? Bad? Unlucky?

I know it’s only Week 1 and means nothing but holy poo poo what an absolutely demoralizing start to the season.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. I’m not giving up on the season and maybe I’ll be back here in a few weeks gloating about my team but I just needed to vent.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Whoreson Welles posted:

You all can ignore this but I just need to salt/dramapost so I can sleep tonight. I’m on the left.

I'm impressed that you're not winning h2h in a single slot, that takes effort

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’ve come in last in this keeper league two years in a row, and this will probably be year three. I don’t understand how anyone can be this bad at fantasy football. I do the Beersheets and Fantasypros and all the experts and weekly articles. I’ve done research, I’ve “gone with my gut”, I just can’t seem to form a reliable team. Every year it feels like my picks all bust and even playing the waivers isn’t enough to supplement my team. Am I just doomed? Bad? Unlucky?

I know it’s only Week 1 and means nothing but holy poo poo what an absolutely demoralizing start to the season.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk. I’m not giving up on the season and maybe I’ll be back here in a few weeks gloating about my team but I just needed to vent.

Maybe give fantasy golf a shot

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Honestly no matter how heard you prepare and work, ultimately it's just luck.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bears using Damien Williams a lot.

Spoeank posted:

I'm referring to the rookie who had 31 yards today yes.
Who the what now?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Bears using Damien Williams a lot.

Who the what now?

Kyle Piits had a standard issue rookie TE day

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Spoeank posted:

Kyle Piits had a standard issue rookie TE day
Oh hah I get it now.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

Amari Cooper is on pace for 272 and Ceedee Lamb for 255 lol

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Whoreson Welles posted:

Maybe you need to use the George Costanza opposite way of managing your team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sourdough posted:

Amari Cooper is on pace for 272 and Ceedee Lamb for 255 lol

Don't get me started on that Joe Mixon touch pace :eyepop:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Survived a Dak/Cooper stack in my PPR league and the loss of Mostert in the other, feeling lucky resilient af

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Whoreson Welles posted:

ooooo my god lmao. if nothing else thank you for posting this because it's hilarious. Rodgers..... :wow:

I think if you stick with it it will not be this bad in the future with this group of guys, but yeah sometimes literally everything goes wrong

shirts and skins posted:

Survived a Dak/Cooper stack in my PPR league and the loss of Mostert in the other, feeling lucky resilient af

I can definitely survive the loss of Mostert, yahoo has me at 51% against, frankly, a much better team. But if Josh Jacobs doesn't play or barely plays on Monday I am completely hosed because all the games already happened so I have no one to replace him with.

Even if I lose this week I'm proud of my boys, did much better overall than I ever expected

Scotlander
Jun 22, 2013
In a 12 team full-ppr league, went with a 0WR draft strategy since it seemed like there was a ton of value available in later round receivers. That turned out great, but my RBs have me worried. Zeke I feel will come good, played against the toughest run block D in the league week one and actually played great in a football sense(no fantasy pts for RB blocks though), but the Jags game has me wanting to upgrade from James Robinson asap. My WRs I have to offer are Diontae Johnson, Corey Davis, Antonio Brown, Agoholor, Chase and Golladay, trying to figure out which one to sell high on. Don't think there's much value in getting rid of Golladay now, he'll probably come good in a few weeks, leaning towards Chase, but I don't want to give away a potential Jefferson mark II.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Won the league I was projected to lose by a lot in, lost the league I was projected to win by a lot in, football is back.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I may have gone too hard on youth in my dynasty league. Looking like I'm gonna be playing for picks this year oops

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

Unrelated^, but with Mostert hurt and Sermon a healthy scratch, is it worth dropping a large chunk of FAAB on Mitchell? I'm worried I'll pay a lot and then Trey takes over or Mostert doesn't die.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Whoreson Welles posted:

I'm a 4 time champion in my league. No one has won more that I have.

Mostly if I have a tough decision I choose the option that is more fun.

I try to watch the players I'm interested in and make decisions on what I see myself. Rather than using ratings or what fantasy experts have written. I'm often wrong but that's fantasy and win or lose it was my call.

I try to let the past be the past. I can't go back to the draft and choose other players or make different decision in my line up. It is what it is so it's not worth worrying about.

Fantasy should be fun. If your not having fun take a break.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I was taking the piss outta Kyle Pitts but he was just the 8th tight end to have at least 8 targets in his debut

he scored the fewest fantasy points of the eight

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Unrelated^, but with Mostert hurt and Sermon a healthy scratch, is it worth dropping a large chunk of FAAB on Mitchell? I'm worried I'll pay a lot and then Trey takes over or Mostert doesn't die.

I wouldn't drop a large chunk, there is no guarantee Mitchell will get a lot of work vs Sermon or Jeff Wilson later in the year or if Mostert will miss significant time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Spoeank posted:

I was taking the piss outta Kyle Pitts but he was just the 8th tight end to have at least 8 targets in his debut

he scored the fewest fantasy points of the eight

It's legit really good news for him though. The targets are there, which means the points can follow.