Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Yeah App State is no cupcake. Miami is probably still overrated though.

Michigan State will beat Miami.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Where is the Aub/PSU game being played so that I may properly pray for a precise asteroid strike?

Rank Jack State you cowards!

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

LLCoolJD posted:

I don't disagree with your argument, but App State is in the Sun Belt now.

Wow!

MourningView posted:

App State has been a (very good!) FBS team for like six years now

Wow!

In my defense, I'm incredibly old and forgetful

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

like he got hit by a sniper in the jungles of nam

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
https://twitter.com/RedditCFB/status/1437136982363230213

lol

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Finally watching the UK-Mizzou game. Two main thoughts. One, if UK doesn't fumble going into the endzone at the end of the first half, they likely go into halftime up 28-7 instead of 21-14, and it's a different game in the second half. Two, UK missed so many open field tackles, many of which lead to 3rd and long conversions. Make just a few of those stops and the game probably isn't as close as it was.

I get wanting to kick the field goal at the end to go up two scores and effectively end the game, but they were running so well why not try for the one yard. If you don't get it, Mizzou has to go 80+ in 2 minutes. The blocked field goal made it a much shorter field. I really thought they'd end up running that all the way back. As a long time Kentucky fan, I was sure Missouri would end up tying the game and winning in OT, because that's how UK games always go. So glad to see the defense hold.

No matter how it happened, that's a big big win for the Cats. Should be 4-0 going into the brutal Florida-LSU-Georgia stretch.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Arizona is receiving votes.

SDSU is not.

Lol

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
Beating UConn doesn't mean much, but potentially losing Xander Horvath forever is a big bummer.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon only in the top 4 because they're stealing all the Oregon State votes.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I just don't get why TAMU and Notre Dame are so high. At this point all they're doing is waiting to give someone else a "well they were top ten!" win.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

I think most teams are just placeholders. There's like 5 teams that get 5* players and have good coaching, everyone else is interchangeable within their tier of "goodish", "mediocre", and "bad"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

I just don't get why TAMU and Notre Dame are so high. At this point all they're doing is waiting to give someone else a "well they were top ten!" win.

Seems like TAMU's raison d'etre for the last decade or so

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

I'm gonna take a guess that whoever cast those votes doesn't actually watch cfb and got confused between Arizona and Arizona state.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

I'm gonna take a guess that whoever cast those votes doesn't actually watch cfb and got confused between Arizona and Arizona state.

Last week was definitely a UI-related mistake:

https://twitter.com/Madison4Blevins/status/1437132661781315585?s=20

We don’t know who voted for them this week, but extremely good odds it was someone else doing the same thing

LGD fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Sep 12, 2021

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
did not really appreciate how many psychotic Arizona state fans there were until looking at the replies to that tweet

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Ohio State will still win the Big Ten because they always play their best game of the season against Penn State.

Honestly, I do not understand how OSU drew their conference schedule. Penn State has to play Wisconsin, Iowa, and OSU on the road. OSU doesn't play either Iowa or Wisconsin at all this year.

Penn State is legitimately a very good team, but that schedule is murderer's row.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

Regnevelc posted:

Eh, I don’t think we know what the Michigan passing game really looks like yet. Cade was sharp against WMU and hit some deep shots. Michigan didn’t need to throw the ball against the best secondary we’ll see this year, so they didn’t. Once it got to 10-0 the game was essentially over since Washington’s offense and front 7 are god awful.

E: does Jimmy Lake survive the season? Dude tore down what Petersen built pretty quickly.

Why does John Donovan keep getting jobs?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

LMAO that he thinks Washington is the best secondary they'll see this year.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Komet posted:

Penn State is legitimately a very good team, but that schedule is murderer's row.

It's a solid schedule of big matchups but there are also six pretty sure wins. LSU seems to have an even more brutal schedule, for example.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Why does John Donovan keep getting jobs?

Real good question that I genuinely cannot answer.

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
The honeymoon in Champaign didn't last very long for bert

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

BAE OF PIGS posted:

He caught the Frost Pox at the post-game handshake.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I wish I could be a football coach. You never have to be any good and you can always trick someone else into hiring you.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sash! posted:

I wish I could be a football coach. You never have to be any good and you can always trick someone else into hiring you.

There's a lot of overlap in the "college football coach" and "grifter" Venn diagram.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dango Bango posted:

There's a lot of overlap in the "college football coach" and "grifter" Venn diagram.

Superimposed over Tommy Tuberville’s stupid face.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Komet posted:

Ohio State will still win the Big Ten because they always play their best game of the season against Penn State.

Honestly, I do not understand how OSU drew their conference schedule. Penn State has to play Wisconsin, Iowa, and OSU on the road. OSU doesn't play either Iowa or Wisconsin at all this year.

P sure ohio state played their best game against clemson last year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

unfair to Bert who was good for like three years that just happened to coincide with OSU and Penn State being under sanctions and Michigan falling apart.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

BAE OF PIGS posted:

We could have put up 60 with a little more luck. I’ve never seen our offense do that to someone

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

MourningView posted:

unfair to Bert who was good for like three years that just happened to coincide with OSU and Penn State being under sanctions and Michigan falling apart.

i think bret’s gonna do great after ferentz retires

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Neil Armbong posted:

Texas got beat in all aspects of the game for 4 quarters las night, with the D looking particularly bad. Arkansas shows up to play whereas Texas looks like they did 0 prep for that game. Just a thorough rear end kicking.

Some pretty egregious targeting calls were missed, but they would have minimally impacted the outcome.

I want to believe Texas is just inexperienced, and that we’ll get better with time. It kinda looked to me like we thought we could beat Arkansas by doing the same things we did against Louisiana and then had no backup plan when that didn’t work. If the team is inexperienced, or if a new coaching staff is part of the issue, then that might be fixable.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

I want to believe Texas is just inexperienced, and that we’ll get better with time. It kinda looked to me like we thought we could beat Arkansas by doing the same things we did against Louisiana and then had no backup plan when that didn’t work. If the team is inexperienced, or if a new coaching staff is part of the issue, then that might be fixable.

Maybe but it also looked like our lines got absolutely whipped on both sides of the ball

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
both of our lines got absolutely destroyed by a middling (and that's being generous) SEC team's line, so either every line recruit in texas is soft as poo poo, our line coaching is poo poo, or we have absolutely no talent there whatsoever. Either way, if that is the level of play to expect, we are going to be even more of an embarrassing meme in 3 years than I ever thought possible. can you imagine that team playing Alabama? Georgia? A&M? jesus christ

we're going to be the team the auburns and kentuckies of the world smash to get to 8-4

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Regnevelc posted:

Michigan State will beat Miami.

Yup.

I was at both Miami games so far and we just.... don't look like we've tackled or installed an offense.

King has regressed throwing by a lot.

App state is a good team but we have poo poo to figure out. Noon game might benefit us with the heat but I am not looking forward to watching us lose in 90 degree weather.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Scionix posted:

both of our lines got absolutely destroyed by a middling (and that's being generous) SEC team's line, so either every line recruit in texas is soft as poo poo, our line coaching is poo poo, or we have absolutely no talent there whatsoever. Either way, if that is the level of play to expect, we are going to be even more of an embarrassing meme in 3 years than I ever thought possible. can you imagine that team playing Alabama? Georgia? A&M? jesus christ

we're going to be the team the auburns and kentuckies of the world smash to get to 8-4

:sickos:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I just dont understand what Texas was thinking getting sark considering his sordid history. His entire resume absolutely screams do not hire for head coach.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Asproigerosis posted:

I just dont understand what Texas was thinking getting sark considering his sordid history. His entire resume absolutely screams do not hire for head coach.

I have to wonder if anybody else wanted the job at all, or if Texas has become such poison that Sark was the best we could get

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Sark just doesn't understand championship level hydration

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They definitely could have done better but just hiring a Saban assistant is the default mode for a lot of ADs.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Asproigerosis posted:

Yep, uninspired hire to say the least. But the first words out of his mouth were the eyes of Texas is our song, so that seemed to be the biggest thing money and power were pushing for.

And agree both of the Texas lines are total crap. At no point did either look competent against Arkansas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Siding with the administration and boosters on the dumb song was definitely a condition of the job and I guess maybe in theory it could have turned some guys off but I can't imagine it was that big a hurdle given that we're talking about college football coaches