Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/Got2Say2U/status/1436798871171174403

https://twitter.com/grahambsi/status/1436962291124211712

Gammon are furious, obviously...

e: 29, the amount of illegitimate children Boris has eaten fathered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

fuctifino posted:

Someone commission Jim'll Paint It to make a version of Goya's Saturn Devouring His Son, but it's Boris nonchalantly eating his kids like a bucket of KFC popcorn chicken

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The Proms are probably the most insufferable thing about Britain. Having a strong opinion on them beyond "they're poo poo" is a perfect signifier of other bad opinions.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
big proms queen are boys boris churchill daddy :allears:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Comrade Fakename posted:

The Proms are probably the most insufferable thing about Britain. Having a strong opinion on them beyond "they're poo poo" is a perfect signifier of other bad opinions.

Not really, it's only the last night that has flags and patriotism. The rest is just a series of cheap and casual classical concerts with some really good musicians.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

big scary monsters posted:

Not really, it's only the last night that has flags and patriotism. The rest is just a series of cheap and casual classical concerts with some really good musicians.

Yeah it's a couple of hundred hours of brilliant music, which then closes with like an hour of pure distilled cringe to remind everyone that Britannia delenda est

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
By that point isn’t everyone incredibly drunk and the only song the audience is able to remember is the chorus of rule Britannia?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/Got2Say2U/status/1436798871171174403

https://twitter.com/grahambsi/status/1436962291124211712

Gammon are furious, obviously...

Really enjoying all the totally not mad people throwing around 'flagshagger' lol. Good to know that particularly childish insult really truely bothers these people.

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Rule Britannia sucks obviously but the sailor's hornpipe is very cool.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
The proms is another reason to destroy the UK as a political entity.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Rabelais D posted:

Rule Britannia sucks obviously but the sailor's hornpipe is very cool.

If that's not a euphemism it should be

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

keep punching joe posted:

Welcome to the scottish, welsh and Northern Ireland independence movement

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

Ash Crimson posted:

Welcome to the scottish, welsh and Northern Ireland independence movement

I first delivered SNP flyers when Thatcher was still PM.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
On a train to Portsmouth. It is quite busy but no-one standing. Maybe 85% masked.
I ate my breakfast/lunch and now in both mask and visor.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

If that's not a euphemism it should be

Does your knob hang low?
Can you swing it to and fro?
Can you tie it in a knot?
Can you tie it in a bow?
Can you prop it on your shoulder like a military soldier?
Oh you'll never be a sailor if your knob hangs low

Oct 4, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

On a train to Portsmouth. It is quite busy but no-one standing. Maybe 85% masked.
I ate my breakfast/lunch and now in both mask and visor.

Took a train to London a few months ago, woman opposite me sat down and pulled a buffet out of her bag.

For 3 hours it was just a constant parade of food, all to avoid having to put a mask on.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Speaking of the Proms reminded me that one of my friends is one of the private owners of a seat in the Royal Albert Hall. He inherited them when a relative passed away.

He gets tickets to every performance given to him, to which he offers his friends to come along and watch stuff with him all the time.

He invited me along to the Last Night at the Proms a couple of years ago. Although not really my thing, it was an awesome night.

I also got to watch a fight break out in the promenade when a couple of people tried unfurling a UKIP banner during Rule Britannia.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

1965917 posted:

Took a train to London a few months ago, woman opposite me sat down and pulled a buffet out of her bag.

For 3 hours it was just a constant parade of food, all to avoid having to put a mask on.

Some guy just got on coughing spluttering no mask. But I think he's over doing it deliberately because he saw me in my hazmat.

I took 5 mins to eat having not eaten since last night and still 4 hours journey to go.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mebh posted:

e2: Catte

I am absolutely unable to refuse this cat anything they ask.

Oct 4, 2005

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Some guy just got on coughing spluttering no mask. But I think he's over doing it deliberately because he saw me in my hazmat.

I took 5 mins to eat having not eaten since last night and still 4 hours journey to go.

I don't think I'll ever understand people. What sort of prat goes maskless when they're sick in the middle of a pandemic?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Tsietisin posted:

Speaking of the Proms reminded me that one of my friends is one of the private owners of a seat in the Royal Albert Hall. He inherited them when a relative passed away.

He gets tickets to every performance given to him, to which he offers his friends to come along and watch stuff with him all the time.

He invited me along to the Last Night at the Proms a couple of years ago. Although not really my thing, it was an awesome night.

I also got to watch a fight break out in the promenade when a couple of people tried unfurling a UKIP banner during Rule Britannia.

It's the middle-class equivalent of being in a (good) football crowd.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

1965917 posted:

I don't think I'll ever understand people. What sort of prat goes maskless when they're sick in the middle of a pandemic?

There are paramedics in America who said that people were gasping at them through their covid-riddled lungs to take off their masks, as the oxygen was being fitted to their face.

Some people have have had their brains irreparably poisoned, they will go to their graves screaming about snowflakes as some preventable disaster finally takes them.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There are paramedics in America who said that people were gasping at them through their covid-riddled lungs to take off their masks, as the oxygen was being fitted to their face.

Some people have have had their brains irreparably poisoned, they would go to their graves screaming about snowflakes as some preventable disaster finally takes them.

Maskless people last winter might have been in that category, but the majority of them now are (IMO) people who have just forgotten to bring one/can't be arsed putting one on - I'm willing to bet if offered most of them would take one and wear it. I occasionally forget mine when heading out the door and just go shopping face-naked now rather than turning back.

It's been a looooong 18 months and people just get slack, there's not much you can do about that.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

1965917 posted:

Pricks. Who, over the past two years, have been handed yet another vector through which they get to continue to be pricks. Except now they get to also kill people who aren't pricks.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Took a train for the first time in 18 months last week, Glasgow to Largs. Mask compliance was something like 20% (including me), even saw a couple in their 60s wearing those stupid "I am exempt from following the rules" lanyards.

Incidentally they were both coughing and spluttering everywhere.

* One guy did have his T-Shirt pulled up over his mouth, but I think he was just being overly dramatic as he was sitting by the toilet.

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 13, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Like you can see it in the body language - maskless people at the height of the first wave were all side-eyeing everyone, daring them to say something so they could launch into whatever tirade about freedom or CO2 or self-reliance or whatever other poo poo they had memorised, or guiltily eyes-down because they'd forgotten their mask. Now most people without a mask just have the normal faintly-distracted look everyone has when they're in the shops/on the train - the nutters will still be side-eyeing the mask-wearers though, but now with a more smug "Heh SHEEPLE" look rather than a confrontational one.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'd never heard of "the proms" until today and I want to return to that happier time

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
First day back in the gym since The Event began, went in masked but was getting side-eyed by the staff and after a couple of squat sets decided to just take it off. Mask compliance there = 0%. But at least it was quiet.

I'm going to catch covid from the gym or from partner, who has gone back to work at the university today. It feels weird to be YOLO about it but this is never, ever going away, so I guess just gotta get used to the fact.

Incidentally, loving hell am I fat and weak. I couldn't get my lifting belt on - when I last used it, I was down to maybe the second or third hole, and was considering buying a smaller one. So that must be a good six or seven inches on my gut over the past eighteen months. Could barely do a single pull-up. I've lost about half of my strength, maybe a little more. I'm pretty bummed out about it all, tbh, but all the more motivation.

Think I'm gonna quit drinkin' for a month as well. I've been going at it like a crazy person last few months

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/AbiWilks/status/1437391201964105738?s=19

https://twitter.com/largacty1/status/1437402486617387015?s=19

Your toddler is an antisemite for laughing.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Barry Foster posted:

I couldn't get my lifting belt on
:(:respek::(

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Maskless people last winter might have been in that category, but the majority of them now are (IMO) people who have just forgotten to bring one/can't be arsed putting one on - I'm willing to bet if offered most of them would take one and wear it. I occasionally forget mine when heading out the door and just go shopping face-naked now rather than turning back.

It's been a looooong 18 months and people just get slack, there's not much you can do about that.
Masks in shops are still mandatory in Wales and compliance here is very low. Annoyingly, it's almost all students that are going maskless ("annoying" because they've been getting a lot of poo poo for the past 18 monthsever, and I've been defending them until now, the students were fine last year & it was the olds loving about). Approximately 100% of the obvious-freshers & about half of the rest of them are maskless, in any shop at any time. Including the Welsh ones, so it's not just people who aren't aware that it's mandatory here. I think it's just that a significant enough number of them aren't wearing masks that it's reached a critical mass where nobody wants to be the only one with a mask on. The old paradox of the nonconformist.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

its very noticeable that when i got on in wales mask wearing was about 85%. Now im deep into middle England it has plummeted. Those of us remaining from wales still masked. Englanders just cant be arsed. The train guard or Revenue Prorection Officer just announced please wear a mask. Noone took any notice.

^^^in my town in Wales mask wearing in shops is very high. Out of Home Bargains and Waitrose trips this weekend only saw one adult without a mask.

School kids are happily spreading the disease.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Sep 13, 2021

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It's the same in Scotland v England, its getting rarer here but going down to England basically nobody is wearing masks

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Should probably have clarified that I live in a very studenty area, & if you ignore the students compliance is very high (most of the maskless people have some obvious visible reason for not wearing one), it's just the students for some reason. No idea why, they were good as gold last year.

Very excited to be back doing in-person small-group teaching at the uni next month, yessir

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

yeah who likes cheap concerts with world-class musicians anyway

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

That whole thread is just incredible. Two actually decent journos dunking on him and he still doesn't get it. The last tweet is :discourse:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He's almost right, the antisemitic left do crank in harmony. Worker solidarity, gland in hand.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!

StarkingBarfish posted:

That whole thread is just incredible. Two actually decent journos dunking on him and he still doesn't get it. The last tweet is :discourse:

That QC is a previously unidentified TBEU account surely?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

StarkingBarfish posted:

That whole thread is just incredible. Two actually decent journos dunking on him and he still doesn't get it.
You don't get to be a QC by thinking that anyone outside of your caste is capable of any good points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Bobby Deluxe posted:

He's almost right, the antisemitic left do crank in harmony. Worker solidarity, gland in hand.

undoubtedly a good ol circle terf