Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

lol

doobie "weed" dankenstein: hah, funny that you brought that up. i happen to be carrying a shitload of weed right now.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

b_d posted:

lol

doobie "weed" dankenstein: hah, funny that you brought that up. i happen to be carrying a shitload of weed right now.

lmao

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
in Vampyr one of the guys is like "oh i just have odds and ends but you can take a look" and he's selling opium just straight up

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

b_d posted:

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

b_d posted:

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

lol

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

b_d posted:

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder waht video game characters smoke Weed.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I wonder waht video game characters smoke Weed.

i know of one kingdom hearts character who does. and i think it sounds a little something like this:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

i know of one kingdom hearts character who does. and i think it sounds a little something like this:

lmfao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

lolol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Finally picked bravely 2 back up after a couple months. Anyone have any sick job combos? My adelle is swordmaster/beastmaster dual wielding swords with critical flow. She has like 750 physical attack and can brave 3x every single round and regen back to full bp with solid stance on. It's so disgustingly strong I have basically had zero actual challenge in the game since I set it up.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I haven't started playing yet, so no

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Ultima Blade and HP/MP Converter is a combo so powerful as to render all others irrelevant. Surpassing Power is necessary. Include Bloody-Minded and Counter-Savvy to make it safer. Similarly, a Freelancer with Sub-Job Specialty 2 and Sub-Job BP Saver can spam BP Bump and Mimic to give the whole party more BP than they can use.

But if you're asking about combos you can access before endgame, I always felt like I got the most value out of really simple ones. For instance, sticking Sub-Job BP Saver on someone so they can spam strong BP moves like Body Slam or Pressure Point is great since it doesn't take any setup; combine with Spearhead and you'll never spend any resources on a random encounter again. The Gift of Courage with Sub-Job BP Saver on somebody fast lets you get some leverage over the action economy way earlier than you'd normally be able to, especially on a character with some sort of BP generation like Fluid Flow. Fast Hands and Godspeed Strike go together very well, as you can imagine, and remains one of the strongest offensive options available to you for a long time.

I was never able to get magic to scale as well as physical attacks, but there's clearly some potential there. You could build your whole party to be constantly healed by Arcanist spells while using High-Velocity Spells to bypass enemy immunities, or use Nuisance (via Sub-Job Specialty 1) together with Rewarding Results and Status-Conscious (plus Epic Group-Cast) on a Black Mage to get continuous extra actions and keep the enemy locked down with status effects.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hows tales of arise

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
based on the 2 hours of tales of phantasia i played like 20 years ago i'm going to say bad

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

based on the 2 hours of tales of phantasia i played like 20 years ago i'm going to say bad

thats the exact same amount of experience i have with the tales franchise.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

scary ghost dog posted:

thats the exact same amount of experience i have with the tales franchise.

:cheers: :cheersdoge:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I’ve tried like 6 Tales games and they’re all bad!! That’s why I call them Fails Of

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

arise is all right. the bosses kind of suck

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i bought tales of uh i think berseria in a humble bundle sale for 5 dollars a few years ago because the mc seems to be a goth chick with big boobs ftmfw twu

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

i bought tales of uh i think berseria in a humble bundle sale for 5 dollars a few years ago because the mc seems to be a goth chick with big boobs ftmfw twu

Her boobs aren't that big tbh.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
wtrf. i WILL hit up mod nexus if i ever end up installing and playing this pile for 5-10 minutes

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
games with small tittied babes piss me off. arnt even babes in my book

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Nutmeg posted:

games with small tittied babes piss me off. arnt even babes in my book

ppl are scared to say this but they're all thinkin it (staying neutral here)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

ppl are scared to say this but they're all thinkin it (staying neutral here)

im not afraid of anything

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Im afraid of gamers worst nightmare freddie fazzbear and slenserman

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

the sun from smb 3 :stare:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Imagine if Freddy fazzbear was a big titty goth babe

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

imagine if phanto from smb2 was a big titty goth babe.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

imagine if phanto from smb2 was a big titty goth babe.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Frenz posted:

the sun from smb 3 :stare:

hes chill

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Squares output from 1991 to 2001 and everything in between might be the best output stretch of any single developer ever outside of 90s Nintendo.. Squaresoft FTMTW. Almost ever game in that period is a classic. I think it's time for either another FF7 or 9 playthrough. Haven't played 9 since like 2003 so that's pretty tempting, then I remember how dank 7 is and I'm all in. Square mang....