Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Tubgoat posted:

Lol, did it turn out he was demented and Hank was ascribing folksy wisdom to everything out of his mouth ala Joe Biden? Been awhile since I seen that'ne.
No I think 2020-2021 infected your mind/memory with pessimism :dogstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Dangit, I am sick and tired of everyone's asinine ideas about me. I'm not a redneck, and I'm not some Hollywood jerk. I'm something else entirely. I'm complicated!

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
^ ^ ^ Redneck originally referred to union workers, lol. My goto is "hick."

sweet thursday posted:

No I think 2009-2021 infected your mind/memory with pessimism :dogstare:

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I'm not sure he's my favorite but Chuck Mangione is definitely up there.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

BAE OF PIGS posted:

I still call people megalochumps

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

BAE OF PIGS posted:

*playing Taps at a funeral and quickly transitions to Feels so Good"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Plant MONSTER. posted:

this is still one of the funniest moments of the show to me

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDI2X6ByhF0

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Maybe because it "Feels so Good" to be alive?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
CHICK Mangione? I'm not a chick I'm a dude!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Fishstick posted:

CHICK Mangione? I'm not a chick I'm a dude!

*punch*

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Didn't he hit the guy with his cornet?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Lowen SoDium posted:

Didn't he hit the guy with his cornet?

Oh poo poo you're totally right. Ouch.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Oh poo poo you're totally right. Ouch.

Fun fact : The guy that chuck mangione whales on is voiced by the school councilor from Bobs Burgers and is dressed exactly like him too.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVn9OoyGc1o

Major Peggy Hill energy here.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Holy poo poo, right on the money.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ve posted it before and I’m gonna post it again:

Iwo Hima

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

External Organs posted:

Holy poo poo, right on the money.

I love standin Hank Hill's "whut the..."

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I love standin Hank Hill's "whut the..."

Video probably cut out right before the bwaaaaaaaaah!!

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I’ve posted it before and I’m gonna post it again:

Iwo Hima

lmao

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Started a rewatch, I've seen a ton of episodes over the years but never sat down and watched from start to finish, just got to Season 3. This show is still so good. I think Bobby's still my favorite but Luanne is making a strong case, every one of her lines are incredible.

The episode with the drug addict where the Americans with Disabilities Act ruins the workplace because lazy employees take advantage of it is so, so bad though. Such a dumb conservative strawman.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Started a rewatch, I've seen a ton of episodes over the years but never sat down and watched from start to finish, just got to Season 3. This show is still so good. I think Bobby's still my favorite but Luanne is making a strong case, every one of her lines are incredible.

The episode with the drug addict where the Americans with Disabilities Act ruins the workplace because lazy employees take advantage of it is so, so bad though. Such a dumb conservative strawman.

Strawman or not, that episode is absolute gold comedy-wise

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Killswitch posted:

Strawman or not, that episode is absolute gold comedy-wise

Hard agree

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

As much as it has the dumb ADA tract, a big part of the episode’s problem is Hank rejects a highly qualified employee because they were a woman.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

bobjr posted:

Hank rejects a highly qualified employee because they were a woman.

He's definitely uncomfortable about the fact that she's a woman but what really killed it for Hank was when she said she didn't know who Troy Aikman was. He also wanted to make sure all the applicants were Christians before Peggy told him he couldn't do that lol.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

My favorite line in the whole show is

"HATED A BABY?!"

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
It'll be a new tradition!

Christmas with the Niefcos

Also count me in for a follow up series. I was against the idea initially but the characters are all so well written and defined that I think aging them up in a modern context could be funny. Enough time has elapsed since the show ended to come up with some really original new and fresh ideas. Hell, several posters in this thread are coming up with good ones and posting scripts that I easily read in the characters' voices.

I'm down.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Unfortunately it'll be made by mike judge circa 2020s so uh buckle up, dales gonna say the n word

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I dunno I like almost all of his stuff and Silicon Valley was loving great. That's the most recent thing I've seen from him though.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

Unfortunately it'll be made by mike judge circa 2020s so uh buckle up, dales gonna say the n word

Dale would not dare say the N word because Dale doesn't think of people in terms of race, only in terms of Government Agents and Others and Those Against Them.

Dale and Hank's Dad would both sneer and hate Trump because he is a literal rich ivory tower who hates the military. His steaks are great and his hair is amazing, but for Dale, he is Too In the various conspiracies to be trusted, and dad would sneer at him being from New York and failing military school.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Milo and POTUS posted:

I have never gotten the impression that dale is racist

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Not in the show because then it wouldn't air but he's a conspiracy nut in the south.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Thinking Minh and Khan served them all dog because they are asian was pretty racist

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Cowslips Warren posted:

Dale and Hank's Dad would both sneer and hate Trump because he is a literal rich ivory tower who hates the military. His steaks are great and his hair is amazing, but for Dale, he is Too In the various conspiracies to be trusted, and dad would sneer at him being from New York and failing military school.

Counterpoint: Hank would love Trump because he adores Buck Strickland who is Trump and is also a lilly livered socialite New Yorker more concerned with appearances then actual character, see: Bush's weak handshake.

Peggy, Bill and Dale would also absolutely love Trump.

ilmucche posted:

It's probably the most farcical part of the original show. An over conspiracy theorist that *never* absorbed any of the racism inherent in the movement? c'mon son.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I think the trumpiest characters by far would be Joseph and Nancy.

Stop the steal, sug!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Dale would not dare say the N word because Dale doesn't think of people in terms of race, only in terms of Government Agents and Others and Those Against Them.

I'd bet Hank might have a word about that.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Peggy would probably be a Trumper, but not Dale, because Dale doesn't like anyone in the government.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It's not a fun time when people post their political fanfiction in the thread :(

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Jonny Appleseed buys Hank a bunch of organic food AND hemp toilet paper.

Hank looks at the toilet paper with disbelief.

“Are you trying to get me arrested?!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forcedstealthlevel
Jun 26, 2021

TheWorldsaStage posted:

It's not a fun time when people post their political fanfiction in the thread :(

This is true for any time fanfiction plagues this thread, but it's a hundredfold so for political fanfiction.