Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

While on vacation I dreamt that the entire Imp Zone had planned a huge sleepover at the A&W kids club, which was this huge Guggenheim looking complex covered in scaffolding and surrounded by a raging river. I was hanging around outside when I noticed a woman riding a horse up the scaffolding slip and fall into the waters below. I dove in to rescue her, alongside Chuck Buried Treasure (played in the dream by Adrian Brody) and EmmyOK (played in the dream by Winona Rider).

Suddenly I found myself walking back into the rooms the Imp Zone was renting. I came in the door and started telling everyone about what had happened, but no one really cared since we A) didn't actually save the horse rider, and B) I was interrupting an epic game of Guitar Hero 1. In Training (who looked like a marathon runner), American McGay and Saint Anime (who were both insanely jacked), in particular looked really bored by this. Realizing that no one was really listening I left to go to the bathroom, which was this tiny rear end toilet that you had to kneel down to even fit over. I woke up there, really needing to piss.

lmao good casting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

The Obese Brotherhood isn’t going to put up with this for much longer…

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

ARF: If I fail, will you die, Mr. Keanu?
KEANU: It would be very painful.
ARF: You’re a big guy.
KEANU: For you.

I was gonna say this but i aws probated. Lol anyway thoygh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

I was gonna say this but i aws probated. Lol anyway thoygh

Wb

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Arrhythmia posted:

While on vacation I dreamt that the entire Imp Zone had planned a huge sleepover at the A&W kids club, which was this huge Guggenheim looking complex covered in scaffolding and surrounded by a raging river. I was hanging around outside when I noticed a woman riding a horse up the scaffolding slip and fall into the waters below. I dove in to rescue her, alongside Chuck Buried Treasure (played in the dream by Adrian Brody) and EmmyOK (played in the dream by Winona Rider).

Suddenly I found myself walking back into the rooms the Imp Zone was renting. I came in the door and started telling everyone about what had happened, but no one really cared since we A) didn't actually save the horse rider, and B) I was interrupting an epic game of Guitar Hero 1. In Training (who looked like a marathon runner), American McGay and Saint Anime (who were both insanely jacked), in particular looked really bored by this. Realizing that no one was really listening I left to go to the bathroom, which was this tiny rear end toilet that you had to kneel down to even fit over. I woke up there, really needing to piss.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

lmao. well the important thing is we did our best

lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol that Emmy being female is head canon for all imps.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

He’s a guy, to me. Due to his avatar.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

If he was played by a girl it would be Sinead O Connor. Lmfao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

...and starring Jon Haugen as Bob's brother!!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

in the middle of a stressful dream about some family drama, I'd agreed to go on a booze run for an upcoming family gathering, but my wife had the car and the order was more than I could carry a long distance. a friend of mine who does voice acting offered a ride if I would go to an audition with him as moral support.

there were a bunch of people in a conference room playing some kind of board game and when I asked if this was where you waited to audition, they said yes. an ex of mine who I get along with was there, and she showed me that there were some slots in the table with "character cards" you could read to prepare a little. it was clear from the cards that it was for a video game, some kind of 4X thing. my card was for the Celtic god of war (I neither know who that is not do I remember what his name was in the dream). finally, they were ready for people to start auditioning, and they had me and my friends go first because we were.the only ones not goofing off with a board game.

they started me off with what they called an "icebreaker," to do Super Mario. I gave them my best Super Mario and they nodded at each other like "hm, pretty good." then they had me do Luigi, and I did my best Luigi, and they nodded approvingly again. "okay," they said. "now what if there were a THIRD Mario brother?"

I thought I would freeze for a second, but I said "it depends, what does he look like?" they were clearly ready for this question, and showed me a guy in a brown cap and overalls who was tall like Luigi but fatter. his head was really small and his cap was covering most of his face. he was grabbing the cap with both hands trying to pull it up and his hands obscured the letter.

I had no idea what voice to do, so I just opened my mouth to see what would come out and did what I can only describe as Professor Farnsworth doing a Mario impression. it sounded horrible. it was not a good combination. the auditioners went wild, and the director handed me a brown cap and said "congratulations, Super Roderigo." everyone applauded. I was torn because this seemed like a great opportunity, but it also seemed like I was going to singlehandedly kill super Mario and possibly Nintendo itself with the worst voice acting in the world. I woke up feeling very upset.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gooda news everyabody! I've make-a a device that letsa you reada everything in-a my voice!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bicyclops posted:

in the middle of a stressful dream about some family drama, I'd agreed to go on a booze run for an upcoming family gathering, but my wife had the car and the order was more than I could carry a long distance. a friend of mine who does voice acting offered a ride if I would go to an audition with him as moral support.

there were a bunch of people in a conference room playing some kind of board game and when I asked if this was where you waited to audition, they said yes. an ex of mine who I get along with was there, and she showed me that there were some slots in the table with "character cards" you could read to prepare a little. it was clear from the cards that it was for a video game, some kind of 4X thing. my card was for the Celtic god of war (I neither know who that is not do I remember what his name was in the dream). finally, they were ready for people to start auditioning, and they had me and my friends go first because we were.the only ones not goofing off with a board game.

they started me off with what they called an "icebreaker," to do Super Mario. I gave them my best Super Mario and they nodded at each other like "hm, pretty good." then they had me do Luigi, and I did my best Luigi, and they nodded approvingly again. "okay," they said. "now what if there were a THIRD Mario brother?"

I thought I would freeze for a second, but I said "it depends, what does he look like?" they were clearly ready for this question, and showed me a guy in a brown cap and overalls who was tall like Luigi but fatter. his head was really small and his cap was covering most of his face. he was grabbing the cap with both hands trying to pull it up and his hands obscured the letter.

I had no idea what voice to do, so I just opened my mouth to see what would come out and did what I can only describe as Professor Farnsworth doing a Mario impression. it sounded horrible. it was not a good combination. the auditioners went wild, and the director handed me a brown cap and said "congratulations, Super Roderigo." everyone applauded. I was torn because this seemed like a great opportunity, but it also seemed like I was going to singlehandedly kill super Mario and possibly Nintendo itself with the worst voice acting in the world. I woke up feeling very upset.

Lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

puzzled but delighted that so many imp dreams are specifically about Mario’s voice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

RODERIGO: Who are those horrible creatures over there?
MARIO: Why, those are the Koopa Troopas.
RODERIGO: Tell them I hate them.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sub-Actuality posted:

puzzled but delighted that so many imp dreams are specifically about Mario’s voice

I think it's a combination of how delighted Charles martinet is about being Mario and that thing where anyone who has done comedy at some point has had relatives hear them Do Voices and then gets told they should do voice acting. of course we know that's not really how it works but I, at least, secretly dream of Being Discovered and becoming the next Billy West.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

I think it's a combination of how delighted Charles martinet is about being Mario and that thing where anyone who has done comedy at some point has had relatives hear them Do Voices and then gets told they should do voice acting. of course we know that's not really how it works but I, at least, secretly dream of Being Discovered and becoming the next Billy West.

people recognizing you on the street and begging you to say things in The Roderigo Voice lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Bicyclops posted:

lmfao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sub-Actuality posted:

people recognizing you on the street and begging you to say things in The Roderigo Voice lol

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

GorfZaplen posted:

Gooda news everyabody! I've make-a a device that letsa you reada everything in-a my voice!

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

lmao. roderigo mario ftw.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010