Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

nikosoft posted:

You don't have to tell them why! Just say I thought that everyone was supposed to get boosters

ok these are good points i'm just paranoid

so is it better that I do the first dose option, or the booster option, or does it not matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

When I was growing up, I got into the habit of lying to avoid contentious discussions or repercussions due to the whims of a parent prone to whimsical bouts of anger and depression. As an adult, it started to feel like a really bad habit, a pattern of avoidance that would eventually get me into serious trouble. But now the pandemic is here and I need to lie nonstop to stay safe and get protected and I gotta say, I feel like maybe I've been walking the golden path all along.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

actionjackson posted:

so is it better that I do the first dose option, or the booster option, or does it not matter

First dose

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

actionjackson posted:

booster option. :smith: Sorry about miss abby.

the pharmacist eyeballed me and went "third dose? they didn't tell me it was a third dose" and I shrugged and went "it's on the form" and she muttered then jabbed me. turns out she hasn't gotten hers yet; she gets it this week. I told her I'd tell her how rough it was. It was over faster than shot 2, but it still sucked.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
With Halloween coming up they should rebrand them to BOO!sters

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If I say first dose aren't they going to know I've already had two if I provide any identifying info at all?

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chard posted:

the US stuck its collective dick in the gom jabbar and has decided that this is fine, actually, we love it

WrasslorMonkey posted:

thinking about those Pnas

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

Trevor Bedford is wildly good at his job and you should probably trust what he says.

While I agree about Trevor being awesome, its a bit premature to say that. If it continues like that over the next 10 days sure, but schools and football are here now.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

booster option. :smith: Sorry about miss abby.

the pharmacist eyeballed me and went "third dose? they didn't tell me it was a third dose" and I shrugged and went "it's on the form" and she muttered then jabbed me. turns out she hasn't gotten hers yet; she gets it this week. I told her I'd tell her how rough it was. It was over faster than shot 2, but it still sucked.

i tried to go in for a third shot a few weeks ago and was turned away

def lie and tell them its your first shot

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can only imagine how it feels to spend years in school to become a doctor or nurse and some barely literate yokel comes in thinking they know better than you and demands you treat them according to what conspiracies they've seen on facebook and youtube.

"Oh yeah, I'll take real good care of you" lmao

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Filling football stadiums on the assumption that outdoor transmission doesn't happen is completely insane when the transmissibility of Delta is so much higher than the original strain that we were keeping stadiums empty for.

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Nocturtle posted:

Good thing I'm not doing that! Half my posts itt are whining about how I'm super desperate to get my kids just those mRNA vaccines ASAP, trying and failing to get them into the clinical trials etc. Still doesn't mean you can't call a spade a spade and acknowledge the long-term impacts of mRNA vaccination aren't really known because how could they possibly be?

I appreciate this part of the vaccine discussion. I will vaccinate my kids as soon as I can but I'm honestly nervous about it.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Schnorkles posted:

Trevor Bedford is wildly good at his job and you should probably trust what he says.

i trust him but he was wrong about alpha and had predicted a surge in the US from it that never materialized. in general most folks like feigl etc. all throught alpha would see a fall-like surge and it just petered out other than a few hotspots like michigan. IMHO it's actually kind of interesting and worth more study why folks got it wrong there

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Filling football stadiums on the assumption that outdoor transmission doesn't happen is completely insane when the transmissibility of Delta is so much higher than the original strain that we were keeping stadiums empty for.

Also it ignores the amount of indoors mingling that takes place in at a football game even if the seat itself is outdoors.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
How much was alpha data from the UK massaged to blame the government's failures on the variant

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Anyone see anything new about Mu?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Related to children inevitably getting infected at schools this fall, is there a home-schooling thread on this site? Seems like there should be templates and established curricula for putting together a NYS Individualized Home Instruction Plan but as far as I can tell everyone's supposed to come up with their own and NYS curricula requirements for grade 2 are spread across several different sites. We were also too disorganized to sign up for an online school catering to home schoolers that would do some of this paperwork for us.

You might ask why someone struggling to fill out these very basic forms has any business home schooling. It's a good question.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

well what was the point of creating the vaccine if we can't all open biden

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Nocturtle posted:

Related to children inevitably getting infected at schools this fall, is there a home-schooling thread on this site? Seems like there should be templates and established curricula for putting together a NYS Individualized Home Instruction Plan but as far as I can tell everyone's supposed to come up with their own and NYS curricula requirements for grade 2 are spread across several different sites. We were also too disorganized to sign up for an online school catering to home schoolers that would do some of this paperwork for us.

You might ask why someone struggling to fill out these very basic forms has any business home schooling. It's a good question.

A problem with home schooling - at least from what I've looked into, is that 75% of the people doing it are doing it because they don't teach about god in the schools.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Pillowpants posted:

Anyone see anything new about Mu?

some say it vanished without a trace, a very long time ago

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Why is everyone so obsessed with going to Disney in 2021?

I have a friend who’s at Disney now posting pics all over Facebook with her, her boyfriend and the boyfriend’s 2 young kids. Pretty sure she’s not vaccinated either based on her previous posts. :rip:

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Part of the fun about being completely ignorant about how vaccines work is pretending every minor accomplishment I've made health wise since my shots are because I got the moderna dose, like a completely unremarkable captain america.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Floor is lava posted:

Didn't school just start for people up north?

There was also a holiday last week that reduced reporting. I mean, maybe we've crested, we certainly don't have a full understanding of COVID and sometimes it just doesn't act the way we think it should. But it seems weird that we'd have hit the top just a few weeks after schools start and football starts up again.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

mod sassinator posted:

i trust him but he was wrong about alpha and had predicted a surge in the US from it that never materialized. in general most folks like feigl etc. all throught alpha would see a fall-like surge and it just petered out other than a few hotspots like michigan. IMHO it's actually kind of interesting and worth more study why folks got it wrong there

Is that true and not just a US data failure? Wasn't the big Alpha wave in the UK in December? Because the US didn't have that many fewer cases then, given the lower data quality.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Rynn posted:

I have a friend who’s at Disney now posting pics all over Facebook with her, her boyfriend and the boyfriend’s 2 young kids. Pretty sure she’s not vaccinated either based on her previous posts. :rip:

Once I read about how Disneyworld is basically a mall where they hold you in these separate theme areas long enough to buy some poo poo and then move you to the next one it lost any interest it may have ever had for me.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
its really amazing to know that the USs entire pandemic plan was to just let people die. I guess it doesnt surprise me that much in retrospect considering how much import we place on people's lives otherwise, but still took a crack ping or two

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Why is everyone so obsessed with going to Disney in 2021?

I feel like I'm disney stupid enough to answer this:

the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Magic Kingdom is a pretty big deal to a lot of us and it's on October 1st. I'm pretty crushed I won't be there but being alive is a hell of a lot more important.

WDW is always changing and there's always something new to do, so you get into this yearly visit cycle where it's safe, the rides are pretty reliable, and you pay through the nose for cool nostalgia plus there's a few new, neat things you wanna see.

E: I spent my disney money on sheep this year and they're really cool little sheep.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

actionjackson posted:

If I say first dose aren't they going to know I've already had two if I provide any identifying info at all?

You have to lie

There is no way around this

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

There's no actual messaging on Delta. It gets mentioned once in a while, but for the most part the local news is still just treating it like it's COVID Classic.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/cliffordvickrey/status/1437450271433662473

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Magic Kingdom is a pretty big deal to a lot of us and it's on October 1st. I'm pretty crushed I won't be there but being alive is a hell of a lot more important.

WDW is always changing and there's always something new to do, so you get into this yearly visit cycle where it's safe, the rides are pretty reliable, and you pay through the nose for cool nostalgia plus there's a few new, neat things you wanna see.

E: I spent my disney money on sheep this year and they're really cool little sheep.

When you get excited to visit a multi-national corporation that creates memories through cheesy artificial experiences.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

https://historyofyesterday.com/eben-byers-the-man-who-drank-radioactive-water-until-his-jaw-fell-off-d2634336b504

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

How much does a weekend at disney cost? I never went when I was young I completely missed all this weird pull people have

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I get this eerie premonition that hospitals are about to be as popular as schools as targets of mass shootings. Wondering what kind of response the first one may generate. Toronto is going back to 9/11 in designating protest zones close to hospitals because staff and patients are being attacked

Lmfao cool world we have here

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

https://twitter.com/AlKapDC/status/1435971047195619328

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

etalian posted:

When you get excited to visit a multi-national corporation that creates memories through cheesy artificial experiences.

But enough about Hallmark

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

You have to lie

There is no way around this

I'm confused, what if I just give them all my real info, but say I don't have insurance and that I'm immunocompromised?

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i tried to go in for a third shot a few weeks ago and was turned away

def lie and tell them its your first shot

turned away for what reason?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

skewetoo posted:

I get this eerie premonition that hospitals are about to be as popular as schools as targets of mass shootings. Wondering what kind of response the first one may generate. Toronto is going back to 9/11 in designating protest zones close to hospitals because staff and patients are being attacked

Lmfao cool world we have here

you know it's going to be a mass shooting because the hospital refused to allow use of horse paste.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Once I read about how Disneyworld is basically a mall where they hold you in these separate theme areas long enough to buy some poo poo and then move you to the next one it lost any interest it may have ever had for me.

I just don’t want to spend that kind of money. Soft drinks are like $7 or some poo poo it’s ridiculous. It’s a giant cash grab of worthless stuff just so you can take pictures to get “memories” and brag about your vacation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

It looks close enough to yesterday and the day before I'm not posting them, just today because I want to keep the streak alive. But small changes in PA, NY, OR, CA, etc

covidactnow.org

e: TN is still one county short of FULL RED incase anyone was wondering.