Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

keep punching joe posted:

That QC is a previously unidentified TBEU account surely?

Nope, he's disturbingly real. context: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/vilified-qc-bellfield-case-just-doing-his-job-2303212.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Missed in todays insane QC shows arse online mess.

Looks like Bill Gates will be getting to put his 5G microchips up inside our kids after all.

https://twitter.com/emsferg/status/1437402167435005955

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

He looks like a 'this person does not exist' result trained entirely on divorced geography teachers.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

This might be even more unhinged than the time him and Simon Myerson tried to claim Nate Bethea was actually a real estate seller in Nebraska

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The crisis on infinite Nate Betheas arc of trashfuture.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bobby Deluxe posted:

He looks like a 'this person does not exist' result trained entirely on divorced geography teachers.
Or a mycelium that's partway through convergently evolving into Ted Cruz.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
lmao

https://twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1437436633511604236

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

Missed in todays insane QC shows arse online mess.

Looks like Bill Gates will be getting to put his 5G microchips up inside our kids after all.

https://twitter.com/emsferg/status/1437402167435005955

Well typically of this government that's just about the worst way of doing things. JCVI chose not to recommend vaccines for under-16s at all, on the grounds that the margin between safety and effectiveness is too small. We *know* that single-dose Pfizer is both not very effective and fades quickly in adults and as far as I know nobody at all has trialled single-dose for under-16s.

So we're going to get almost all of the side effects for almost no extra protection, in the teeth of the actual science (which means uptake will be very low unless they mandate it for school attendance which is a whole other can of worms), presumably just to shut up the teaching unions and understandably concerned parents. :golfclap:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1437428370682302466

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Barry Foster posted:

First day back in the gym since The Event began, went in masked but was getting side-eyed by the staff and after a couple of squat sets decided to just take it off. Mask compliance there = 0%. But at least it was quiet.

I'm going to catch covid from the gym or from partner, who has gone back to work at the university today. It feels weird to be YOLO about it but this is never, ever going away, so I guess just gotta get used to the fact.

Incidentally, loving hell am I fat and weak. I couldn't get my lifting belt on - when I last used it, I was down to maybe the second or third hole, and was considering buying a smaller one. So that must be a good six or seven inches on my gut over the past eighteen months. Could barely do a single pull-up. I've lost about half of my strength, maybe a little more. I'm pretty bummed out about it all, tbh, but all the more motivation.

Think I'm gonna quit drinkin' for a month as well. I've been going at it like a crazy person last few months

I had the same issue with losing strength a few months back (and am gradually sliding backwards now), but just remember that it is MUCH easier to put muscle back on than reach new peaks. You’ll get there :)

E: ^^^^^ holy poo poo I am glad to have escaped that hell hole island for the moment (don’t tell me off I know I know, I’ve gone somewhere with lower rates, got tested before and am fully vaxxed).

Jakabite fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Sep 13, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ian Murray losing his seat is about the only thing I'd care about in Westminster politics at this point. Will hoot and holler so darn loud when this happens, and probably get a ban from Twitter for sending him abuse

Also LOL if this was the result. After 14 years of Tory mismanagement, of shelves running empty, and Labour wouldn't even be the largest party if they won every seat in Scotland. Majestic

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 13, 2021

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

But just remember, they said there's no such thing as systemic racism. Don't get any funny ideas now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1437430933158825990?s=19

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Specifically, this seems to relate to posts made in here a while ago:

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1437446963759304710

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Duffield is roughly as popular as covid, so Canterbury staying red is unlikely

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
This gove thing is interesting timing... I wonder if Johnson's backers reckon Gove is a threat again given the unpopularity in the party over bojo's tax hikes and are doing a hatchet job to get ahead of a challenge?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/afneil/status/1437455760628371460?s=20

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

:sadtrombone:

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lmao at ‘lead presenter’ when he only did about two weeks there

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

StarkingBarfish posted:

This gove thing is interesting timing... I wonder if Johnson's backers reckon Gove is a threat again given the unpopularity in the party over bojo's tax hikes and are doing a hatchet job to get ahead of a challenge?

Somebody was mumbling him as a replacement for Patel, because she failed to bounce the boats back to France, Takeshi's Castle style, leaving the occupants going "dohhhhhh" and shaking their fists on French beaches.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Bobstar posted:

Somebody was mumbling him as a replacement for Patel, because she failed to bounce the boats back to France, Takeshi's Castle style, leaving the occupants going "dohhhhhh" and shaking their fists on French beaches.

Interesting. From where I'm standing Patel is doing a 'great' job of being absolutely horrendous to immigrants. I didn't get the feeling tories were braying for her to be replaced. I can't imagine Gove in that post.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Bobstar posted:

Should have built those machinegun bunkers, barbed wire and tank traps on the Kentish coast like der Fuhrer asked.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

StarkingBarfish posted:

This is the Tory membership we're talking about - this sort of thing is worth an extra 5 points for Gove.

Oct 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/alexnunns/status/1437451823133122563

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
His rear end is (in) Grasse.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
One weird trick for avoiding legal action, lawyers hate this

Live in a literal castle so noone can serve you papers
https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1437473320845430787?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Noxville posted:

Lmao at ‘lead presenter’ when he only did about two weeks there

It's the other pronunciation of lead.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

School kids are happily spreading the disease.

5 cases so far in the high school my eldest goes to. They've only been back 3days but there's to be no isolations or masks to be worn but is all okay because track and trace will let you know if you've been affected (despite most kids having phones in airplane mode while at school)

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Been preparing to do it for a while now but this week I pulled the trigger and I'm about to move from Ireland to the UK. Is there anything I need to know about getting set up there? I know I immediately have the right to work and reside because I'm an Irish citizen and that I will need to get a NI number asap, then register with the NHS to prevent any issues later on down the line. Getting set up with a bank and a proper place to live that isn't my partner's parents' house is next on the list, along with getting a job. I've applied for some entry level government positions and will look more in the private sector in about two weeks, right before I'm about to move. I don't see myself having too much of an issue with the job search? I have plenty of call centre skills and I've worked as an office administrator for the last few months, plus I have a degree (in Arts, but they included some web training so I have some "employable" skills).

As for the inevitable "why" (because god knows I've thought it myself) -- rent/general cost of living in Ireland is way too high, I have better opportunities for my Masters degree in the UK, and my partner lives there. Plus, I enjoy living in urban areas and I can't do that in Ireland without getting even more priced out.

Any advice would be great!

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Skull Servant posted:

Been preparing to do it for a while now but this week I pulled the trigger and I'm about to move from Ireland to the UK. Is there anything I need to know about getting set up there? I know I immediately have the right to work and reside because I'm an Irish citizen and that I will need to get a NI number asap, then register with the NHS to prevent any issues later on down the line. Getting set up with a bank and a proper place to live that isn't my partner's parents' house is next on the list, along with getting a job. I've applied for some entry level government positions and will look more in the private sector in about two weeks, right before I'm about to move. I don't see myself having too much of an issue with the job search? I have plenty of call centre skills and I've worked as an office administrator for the last few months, plus I have a degree (in Arts, but they included some web training so I have some "employable" skills).

As for the inevitable "why" (because god knows I've thought it myself) -- rent/general cost of living in Ireland is way too high, I have better opportunities for my Masters degree in the UK, and my partner lives there. Plus, I enjoy living in urban areas and I can't do that in Ireland without getting even more priced out.

FLEE! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Skull Servant posted:

Register for a GP instead of ignoring it for years like me. Get a monzo card. Getting a bank account might be the most difficult thing, and you may have trouble getting a phone contract because you have no credit history. I managed to get mine by doing some kind of rolling month contract.

:Edit: also what twisto ^ said

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The concept of moving to the UK because cost of living/rent is too high in cities where you live is quite difficult to fathom but if you really want to I guess..?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

OwlFancier posted:

The concept of moving to the UK because cost of living/rent is too high in cities where you live is quite difficult to fathom but if you really want to I guess..?

Imagine paying higher rent and more for food for even less than in the UK. Plus he did say he was in a rural area so even living in a bedsit in Croydon is preferable to that

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

OwlFancier posted:

Lol dude have you checked COL/rent in Dublin lately. OP is probably making the right move, even though anti-Irish racism will probably drive him out within a few years

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Lol dude have you checked COL/rent in Dublin lately. OP is probably making the right move, even though anti-Irish racism will probably drive him out within a few years

Yeah I live on the commuter belt to Dublin at the moment and the minimum rent for anything is €1,250p/m not including utilities, bills, ect. On top of that, my last roommate managed to get a single bedroom apartment for €1,000 per month and immediately had to move out because 1) they hid a bunch of black mold that he only found when he properly moved in and 2) the landlord just walked in and took a poo poo without calling, knocking, anything like that.

I keep hearing how bad rents are in the UK but every time I check out a few potential places I just get legitimately mad at how dire the situation is here in Ireland. There are places within the city centre of Manchester that are billed as fancy new-builds and they're *still* €300 less than anything you can get around here.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm so sorry skull servant

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm so sorry skull servant

I'm sorry too. God knows I don't want to look at England as a better place to be.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Manchester is great. It is definitely cheaper than Dublin by a long shot.

That QC continues to have an extremely normal one:

https://twitter.com/JeffSamuels16/status/1437494527305072643

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
Yeah this country is bad for rents but I have literally no idea how people can afford to live anywhere near Dublin.

Also if you're looking to move to Manchester make sure you live somewhere in walking distance of a metrolink because the buses are loving useless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feats of Strength
Feb 9, 2012

Man, If god told me to sacrifice my son I'd tell
him to fuck off.
I see Andrew Neil has severed his ties with GB News today, I have a proposal for his replacement: