Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

This is NOT a place of honor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mr. Pizza posted:

I just feel like the prayers don't seem to be working
Prayers are very slippery so they work better if you coat yourself in a sticky layer of horse paste.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

:sickos:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Got that third shot scheduled. Turns out local clinic is giving booster shots on the down low on Friday's. Not this Friday, but next Friday. Third shot of P, which is a little sad, but still, happy to be scheduled.

I think I've spent too much time reading this thread lately, so I'm going to take a break. Aside from grocery store runs masked up at off hours, not really doing anything risky and I work from home. I know poo poo is bad, and most of my friends have decided they've been good enough boys and girls and "we're going to live our lives". So for now, I'll just lay low, continue to work out to lose that extra covid 30 pounds (did a mile and a half walk this morning to warm up, then 40 minutes of Peloton, 19 miles total) and check back in towards the end of the week next week.

Still though, this thread has kept me from feeling like I'm the crazy one for not wanting to spread this to others. Stay safe you all.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Mr. Pizza posted:

I just feel like the prayers don't seem to be working

what about the thoughts?

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Quack cure moneymaking idea. A phone app that emits a tone or "energy waves" that cures covid. Clearly people can buy into anything.

Not on the big tech sites. You gotta sideload it so you know it's good

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Yeah I'm trying to sort of keep a log of excuses so no one notices that I'm sick for every single in-person encounter.
good idea, soon enough i'll be doing the same

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Epic High Five posted:

Sorry Rah! but this is a union shop and the reposting of old posts is demarcated to Bonghitz alone, if you want to do so you'll need to reach out to them to become an authorized agent

The microchips in the mRNA vaccines are alien technology acquired by real program that AATIP was only a front for. The tech programs its host to become unstuck in time, solving the problem of sub-light speed interstellar travel. The recent UAP reveals have been laying the groundwork to publicize the real purpose of the vaccines, which would have been generated sterilizing immunity against the Fort Detrick virus if they had not been co-opted for alien tech. Asynchronous posts itt are just evidence that the plan is working more quickly than expected. Colony ships are under construction at Area 51.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

What if I told you I have an app that can take back and control the 5g chip you were JABBED with

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Broken Box posted:

COVID CURES POLICE

if politicians somehow don’t fold like napkins it’s a straight up hardcore chud purge lmfao

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

Tzen posted:

loving hell sorry you're going through that
hope everything works out

and yeah, mad rage at people treating covid like the flu

lol what do you mean?
america and much of the world has been content to let tens of thousands die of the flu each year
why do people think we would act different against covid
also lol that the preventative measures against covid have drastically cut that body count

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

someone posted a longer clip but here are a few shorter ones
just lmao no mask in sight
oh but it's outdoors so it's safe
while people sit for an hour+ next to each other, face each other speaking, laughing, socializing
https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1437405954107117568
https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1437403415970205701
https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1437407448080523269
https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/1437397346741067777
just lmao
also lmao at all the answers to these softball rear end questions
i wonder how many boosters walensky has had now

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Twigand Berries posted:

How accurate is the binax in threads opinion?

not very accurate and very easy to game or accidentally give yourself a false negative by not swabbing well enough. in the approval data for it they had something like a 77% accuracy for people who were trained in how to do it, so it's even worse for the general public.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Evil_Greven posted:

lol what do you mean?
america and much of the world has been content to let tens of thousands die of the flu each year
why do people think we would act different against covid
also lol that the preventative measures against covid have drastically cut that body count
yeah it's all maddening

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

This is mostly quackery, but the possible benefits are discussed here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiation_hormesis

Basically getting low-dosed with ionizing radiation is potentially a health benefit to trigger your bodies cells to regenerate more often and avoid fewer instances of cancerous cells from occurring. This is a risk based benefit, as according to the LNT model any ionizing radiation is a health negative. It's a very difficult subject to study because the LNT model is based upon extrapolated results from Hiroshima and Nagasaki observations and studies. Some interesting support for hormesis comes from comparing small communities living in high background vs low background radiation environments with very similar socioeconomic living standards.

That word salad aside, there's fuckall that low dosing would do to Covid. The only potential health benefit is lower cancer risk factor. The people going there now to fight Delta are certified insane people.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Iverron posted:

Florida, Louisiana hitting that short term dip now, but with fall sports and out of control school spread: lmao. Still a poo poo load of bodies to burn through and any indication of “improvement” is only going to embolden people.

yeah if delta does dip down in time for halloween we are going to be loving flooded with propaganda from the media that "holidays are safe again!" and governors will allow full unmasked events, etc. just in time for thanksgiving and christmas to loving murder everyone again

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

So inject radium water. Got it.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

I mean, I'll watch Half Baked if its on.

Not sure if this is true for everybody, but part of adulthood seems to be gradually learning not to get invested in any celebrity because they will always find a way to disappoint you, sometimes to the extent of ruining the work you enjoy or causes they were a part of after the fact.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

yeah if delta does dip down in time for halloween we are going to be loving flooded with propaganda from the media that "holidays are safe again!" and governors will allow full unmasked events, etc. just in time for thanksgiving and christmas to loving murder everyone again

Last year there was a bit of a bump in deaths in the late summer that peaked around September 13th; then poo poo really started to go off in late October. Wouldn't be surprised if we follow the same patterns this year.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
placeholder

e: this was supposed to have content edited into it, but i posted too fast

Petey fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Sep 13, 2021

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Last year there was a bit of a bump in deaths in the late summer that peaked around September 13th; then poo poo really started to go off in late October. Wouldn't be surprised if we follow the same patterns this year.
If it dips again I'm sure it will follow the same pattern but it's going to take a couple more weeks to see if there's even a dip. It could just take off from schools opening before it can even dip this year.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

not very accurate and very easy to game or accidentally give yourself a false negative by not swabbing well enough. in the approval data for it they had something like a 77% accuracy for people who were trained in how to do it, so it's even worse for the general public.

Are there any useful testing alternatives? I don't know if it's worth shoving a stick into my daughter's brain when the result probably won't change our behavior regardless.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
What if we combined covid and radiation

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Petey posted:

i wrote to the prof running the testing about (of course) airpops. here's something he wrote back:

sharing for the insight re: electrostatic filtration mechanisms. their lab is a few buildings over from my office so i dropped off some airpops the other day for testing.

results came back

quote:

Please find attached report for the samples. The results for filtration efficiency (FE) and pressure drop (DP) in our test are as follows:

1) AIRPOP Black Mask, FE= 92.1%, DP= 10.4 mmH2O
2) AIRPOP White Mask, FE= 89.0%, DP= 14.7 mmH2O

FYI, the NIOSH requires FE > 95% and DP < 15 mmH2O for N95 certified masks. We remind that the measurement for filtration efficiency (FE) in our test differs somewhat from the NIOSH protocol for N95’s, so the numbers may also differ. To give you some context, certified N95’s typically measure between 90-95% FE in our test, although we have reason to believe that some respirators measuring as low as 86% in our test could also pass the NIOSH test.

so in context of what their test measures for NIOSH N95s, feel pretty good about the airpops

Lenin Stimpy
Sep 9, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hatebag posted:

Lmao

Clearly china is bad because they're increasing debt of corporations instead of putting a million people in the ground. People get paid to write this poo poo, amazing

Unless the rest of the world takes measures to stop SARS-CoV-2 (they won't), China will eventually see a large-scale delta (or other variant) wave. It's just too contagious. China isn't going to permanently shut down all international travel; that doesn't serve the owner class. From my understanding there has been some local transmission in China again, which sucks rear end. I think it's just a matter of time. China didn't fail their people, the world failed China (and the rest of us who wanted far more strict measures).

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chad Sexington posted:

I mean, I'll watch Half Baked if its on.

Not sure if this is true for everybody, but part of adulthood seems to be gradually learning not to get invested in any celebrity because they will always find a way to disappoint you, sometimes to the extent of ruining the work you enjoy or causes they were a part of after the fact.

Dana Carvey tried to start a podcast a few months ago, and he had an episode with David Spade as the guest so I checked it out.

I always knew of their SNL era that Dennis Miller and Jon Lovitz were huge chuds, but to hear Carvey and Spade saying the same kinds of poo poo was really sad.

Carvey does a Fauci impersonation where the humor is based on "this man is personally causing me, a rich person, inconvenience" instead of coming from a point of intelligence. They were also dumping on Meghan Markle and stopping just short of being outwardly racist.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
posting to find my posts because

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

yep halloween last year was when it went from "hmm seems bad" to "holy poo poo this is a disaster, buckle up"

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Greetings from the New York City incredibly wealthy $50k a year private primary school system

This is a school that is supposedly taking things very seriously, and has the resources to essentially put a tutor in every pupil's home

things are going GREAT

let’s expand this experiment to half a million or more unvaccinated kids!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

McNugget Buddy posted:

Dana Carvey tried to start a podcast a few months ago, and he had an episode with David Spade as the guest so I checked it out.

I always knew of their SNL era that Dennis Miller and Jon Lovitz were huge chuds, but to hear Carvey and Spade saying the same kinds of poo poo was really sad.

Carvey does a Fauci impersonation where the humor is based on "this man is personally causing me, a rich person, inconvenience" instead of coming from a point of intelligence. They were also dumping on Meghan Markle and stopping just short of being outwardly racist.

Jon Lovitz is a chud but he also beat the poo poo out of Andy Dick, in conclusion many sides

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Alberta defines a covid outbreak as more than 10% of children in a school with active covid cases. Currently there are 20 schools in outbreak status.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Lenin Stimpy posted:

Unless the rest of the world takes measures to stop SARS-CoV-2 (they won't), China will eventually see a large-scale delta (or other variant) wave. It's just too contagious. China isn't going to permanently shut down all international travel; that doesn't serve the owner class. From my understanding there has been some local transmission in China again, which sucks rear end. I think it's just a matter of time. China didn't fail their people, the world failed China (and the rest of us who wanted far more strict measures).

Lol they shut down a whole port for one case. That chart shows their peak was 140 cases/day. China's government actually does things to protect their populatuon and it works. I think they'll be fine

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

PerniciousKnid posted:

Are there any useful testing alternatives? I don't know if it's worth shoving a stick into my daughter's brain when the result probably won't change our behavior regardless.

if i want to know with absolute certainty i'd get a PCR test 3-5 days after what was the likely exposure. rapid tests can still be useful if you can't get to a PCR test yet or don't know when the exposure happened and just need a fast idea. but i wouldn't use a self administered rapid test as 100% proof that I am safe and free to go visit grandparents unmasked for example

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lenin Stimpy posted:

You don't need to shut down international travel per se. You just have to enforce the 14 day quarantine strictly.

And China is valuable enough that the people who really need to do that will put up with it.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Everyone just now going back to school, get ready for perpetual goal post moving.

quote:

UNION COUNTY, N.C. (WBTV) —
The Union County Board of Education in North Carolina voted Monday to do away with the district’s COVID-19 contact tracing and allow students and staff in quarantine to return to school if they are not positive for the virus or showing symptoms.

quote:

GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. —
Greenville County Schools announced Thursday three free COVID-19 testing sites and a new way for some students to shorten quarantine time if they were exposed to the virus.

Some students and staff who are quarantined will now be able to return to schools three days earlier if they are symptom-free and follow state Department of Health and Environmental guidelines for an early release.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
also extra infuriating that no conclusion about the absolute impossibility of arresting covid in in- person schools is drawn by this, a distant relative of mine

I like her children! I do not want them to die!

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

actionjackson posted:

did you guys in the booster crew use fake data for everything? or just fake names

fake name
address of store
fake dob but make sure you remember it cause they ask
fake last 4 and no other info.

easy peasy

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Lenin Stimpy posted:

uhhhh china already had a delta surge. it was a month ago and they go up to about 150 cases a day, did targeted lockdowns, tested every single citizen in Wuhan in 3 days (11 million people!) and crushed the delta surge down to a dozen or two cases per day again

https://fortune.com/2021/08/23/china-covid-local-cases-zero-delta-variant-control/

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Petey posted:

placeholder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Soylent Majority posted:

fake name
address of store
fake dob but make sure you remember it cause they ask
fake last 4 and no other info.

easy peasy

I know it's because I'm still a 2019-brained idiot, but the idea of faking a social sounds so scary to me lol

I'm surprised using the address of the store works, I would assume that would be noticed and prompt some follow up questioning.