Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

The Stuyvesant University shirt is like the perfect fan shirt. At first glance it looks like a legit school t-shirt, just for a school that you may not have heard of. If you look close though, you notice the missing leg and if you are really ambitious you can translate the text and realize its some sort of spoof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

I wear the OSI shirt constantly. Even cut the sleeves off so its easier to work out in. Its just too perfect.

I'll have to retire the Spanakopita one soon because its almost worn out.

Edit: I forgot about the Shallow Gravy shirt. That's another I wear all the time.

limp_cheese fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Sep 13, 2021

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

I wear the OSI shirt constantly. Even cut the sleeves off so its easier to work out in. Its just too perfect.

I'll have to retire the Spanakopita one soon because its almost worn out.

Edit: I forgot about the Shallow Gravy shirt. That's another I wear all the time.

I wear the grey OSI one all the time too. I like the white OSI one in the spirit of the GI Joe logo, but I don’t wear that one as often. I also wear the black guild of calamitous intent shirt all the time. I think those are my favorites. I already wore out the spanakopita one

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

bull3964 posted:

The Stuyvesant University shirt is like the perfect fan shirt. At first glance it looks like a legit school t-shirt, just for a school that you may not have heard of. If you look close though, you notice the missing leg and if you are really ambitious you can translate the text and realize its some sort of spoof.

Someone saw that shirt and immediately started asking which part of the area I was from and he absolutely judged me when I told him the shirt was from a cartoon.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

bull3964 posted:

This is the only shirt I've seen on someone else in the wild. I've gotten a couple of comments on mine but I've only seen that one particular guy in a Target.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

There was a guy that lived in my neighborhood who I'd bump into every now and then at CVS or whatever and we'd inevitably be wearing the same Venture Bros shirt. It was always a nice lil part of my day.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Have a SPANAKOPITA! shirt and wear it around pretty freely. People have only recognized it a couple of times, but it fills me with joy and strength all the same.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

uber_stoat posted:

this is the only one i have and i've never had anyone recognize it. occasionally get asked about what it means and i find a polite way to say "don't worry about it."

I was wearing that in public once at a diner and when I paid the bill the guy who rung me up asked about it. I explained that it's from a TV show and he muttered something about "there's a lot of that kind of stuff on TV nowadays". If I discovered that guy was super into qanon now I wouldn't be surprised.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I still have my GCI logo shirt which I love very dearly because I wore it to a goth club years ago and got it pretty much ruined with glitter and such, but I found it a few months ago and was able to clean it and I lost enough weight to fit into it, so I'm gonna keep it around as long as I can. I also still have the RIP 24 memorial shirt which I have yet to wear. I wish I wasn't so poor when the shirt clubs happened, I would gladly spend all of that money 5x over now for them.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
GARY! WHY'S THIS SHIRT FULL OF GLITTER! I THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO THE DRACULA FACTORY!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I just started yet another rewatch and convinced a goon friend to watch too :getin:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Hedrigall posted:

I just started yet another rewatch and convinced a goon friend to watch too :getin:

nothing ventured, nothing gooned

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Kesper North posted:

nothing ventured, nothing gooned

^ new thread title

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Been doing another rewatch and I'm on the first Blue Morpho episode. They mention that 21 uses skills he learned from his high school home economics class to make the Morpho and Kano suits fit, but didn't he get abducted in middle school and then get his GED later?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Machai posted:

Been doing another rewatch and I'm on the first Blue Morpho episode. They mention that 21 uses skills he learned from his high school home economics class to make the Morpho and Kano suits fit, but didn't he get abducted in middle school and then get his GED later?

that is true. perhaps his memories are foggy due to excessive dart exposure.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Machai posted:

I hope someone got fired over this blunder. Oh...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Machai posted:

Maybe he went home for a little bit but his taste of organized villainy was too sweet

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Some kids have after school jobs at McDonald's or Wal-Mart, Gary had one as a minion for a supervillain

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Machai posted:

maybe Gary's mom gave him homeschool home ec

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
There's a two continuity errors I can think of.

1) When Dean meets Triana in S01E05, he refers to the plot of Ghosts of the Sargasso, but that's the next episode (S01E06)!

2) In "Any Which Way Buy Zeus" Red Mantle / Dragoon mention they used to Arch the old Captain Sunshine. However in Season 7, they are told all their archs have died and they have no one left to settle a score with. Unless Captain Sunshine died in the meantime and it wasn't mentioned :shrug:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

No not that one. THAT one.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ajaxify posted:

There's a two continuity errors I can think of.

1) When Dean meets Triana in S01E05, he refers to the plot of Ghosts of the Sargasso, but that's the next episode (S01E06)!

2) In "Any Which Way Buy Zeus" Red Mantle / Dragoon mention they used to Arch the old Captain Sunshine. However in Season 7, they are told all their archs have died and they have no one left to settle a score with. Unless Captain Sunshine died in the meantime and it wasn't mentioned :shrug:

1) always figured they've had more than one encounter with Ghost Pirates

2) possible that the Guild only checked into living arches that weren't retired like Captain Sunshine 1 was

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

uber_stoat posted:

that is true. perhaps his memories are foggy due to excessive dart exposure.

Garry doesn't say that, the announcer does. Which means it is for a cartoon that took liberties that include white washing him so he never was a super villain henchman.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

No one knew the old Captain Sunshine was the butler until Red Dragoon points it out in "Zeus", so it's possible that the Guild (and the world at large) has assumed him dead since his retirement.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Entirely possible that the original Captain Sunshine had died between episodes, also possibly that the Guild hadn't bothered updating his status and assumed him dead, or otherwise no longer a qualified arch. The Guild does seem to respect retirement, though they're otherwise pretty arbitrary about who does and doesn't qualify as a valid arch.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Entirely possible that the original Captain Sunshine had died between episodes, also possibly that the Guild hadn't bothered updating his status and assumed him dead, or otherwise no longer a qualified arch. The Guild does seem to respect retirement, though they're otherwise pretty arbitrary about who does and doesn't qualify as a valid arch.

I imagine it comes down to how much they think it might piss off OSI in a way that might lead to retaliation

Also now I'm remembering how loving depressing it was seeing Action Johnny in that episode

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

drrockso20 posted:

I imagine it comes down to how much they think it might piss off OSI in a way that might lead to retaliation

Also now I'm remembering how loving depressing it was seeing Action Johnny in that episode

And that his arch is probably the healthiest remaining relationship he has is especially so. Although at least it has Johnny in much needed rehab.

Of course, the funny thing is that level 1 arching probably covers what amounts to a casual visit with some horseplay.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Of course, the funny thing is that level 1 arching probably covers what amounts to a casual visit with some horseplay.

... well, it certainly covers some kind of play, given St. Cloud's concern regarding wheth or not his arches have immediate access to rubbers.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

"What, you want an Aspirin or somethin'?" :shrug:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

tarlibone posted:

... well, it certainly covers some kind of play, given St. Cloud's concern regarding wheth or not his arches have immediate access to rubbers.

RESET

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

drrockso20 posted:

Really? I was glad to see him in treatment.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

tarlibone posted:

I mean, given how a lot of arch relationships are, that's probably not unheard of.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I almost want to see a full level 10 St Cloud with Lakitu cloud and lighting rod or something, rifle just doesn't fit him. I could see him playing a wizard though.

A time skip actually could be really fun.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

pixaal posted:

I almost want to see a full level 10 St Cloud with Lakitu cloud and lighting rod or something, rifle just doesn't fit him. I could see him playing a wizard though.

A time skip actually could be really fun.

I'm only willing to see a level 10 st. cloud if it's a dream or something. Also, it seems weird that the Monarch had to babysit st. cloud through a level 1 arching when St. Cloud had previously done an arch before to steal the please please me ball.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

That was inspired by sheer passionate hatred for Billy. Like the Monarch, specifically nemesis-targeted villainy comes naturally to St. Cloud. And also like the Monarch, he has to put in much more effort to pull it off when he's trying to play by the Guild's rules.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
kwhizzbowie

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Eat the pennies, kwizzboiyee

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cojawfee posted:

I'm only willing to see a level 10 st. cloud if it's a dream or something. Also, it seems weird that the Monarch had to babysit st. cloud through a level 1 arching when St. Cloud had previously done an arch before to steal the please please me ball.

He didn't have to. It was a part of the big villain program. It was entirely designed to make his arching better.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Chieves posted:

Eat the pennies, kwizzboiyee

Billy eat the pennies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Radisic
Oct 9, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Billy eat the pennies!
Listen to your sidekick; eat the pennies.