Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

StashAugustine posted:

I do think there's a big push from the liberal center to propagandize vaccines and castigate anti-vaxx and related people, simply because it's the only button they can press now that capital is clear they don't want lockdowns and if they can just put all the blame on those fuckin' rubes then maybe people won't notice it's a complete shitshow all around. But it doesn't mean the vaccines aren't effective or that the hardcore anti-vaxx people aren't odten hilariously stupid.

Yeah, the death are 100% responsability of the government.

But get vaxxed still dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

TrixRabbi posted:

Anyone know of any good rebuttals to Gerald Posner's book on JFK "Case Closed" where he argues for why the official story on the assassination is correct and dissects Oswald and Ruby's lives?

Also not a rebuttal except about one or two details but Peter Dale Scott's Dallas '63 I believe references Posner's book briefly.

mark immune posted:

This thread is by far the most "open" thread in cspam, and that's a good thing. it's a shame when homodox thinkers try to shout down more far out reads of our current situation.

I get the sense that a lot of those same posters would have been shutting down conversations about the epstein network 5 years ago.

100% this. There is no shortage of places to go on the Internet and bash unvaccinated people. I work with people who are vaxxed and unvaxxed. The majority who are vaxxed are liberal and did not want to get vaxxed but felt pressured to and several regret it for reasons that aren't super severe but nonetheless. There are also conservatives there who have been vaxxed, and a few who haven't. I don't believe for a second that insulting or shaming good people, some of whom have done tons of volunteer work over their lives, for not wanting to get the vaccine is an effective tool in getting them to get it. Listening to them, being kind to them, talking differences out is much more likely to have an effect long term. That said, almost half the people here have gotten covid and none got that sick or had serious side effects including the 70 year old who had a heart transplant, so for our own little anecdotal world we aren't in a state of perpetual fear about it. I enjoy the openness of this thread and the ability for it to go to wild places and often times without people getting too overheated. PMJ I love your contributions even if I don't agree with or understand all of them and I hope whatever's got you down gets better.

In the end, people will write their stories about which institutions and power centers have been trapped by malignant forces for capital. Apparently some are skeptical of many but the CDC/NIH/WHO are above suspicion, even as the media does their work for them and we know the media is captured. I think in the future Covid will be very much like 9/11 or Las Vegas. There will be a lot more unknowns than knowns.

In related books, someone here suggested Medical Nihlism by Jacob Stegenga. Only halfway through and it's super dense and Think Tank Aesthetic levels of hard to wrap my mind around but it really poses interesting questions about medical science and the nature of disease and the medical response to it from a philosophy perspective and I would definitely recommend it to people. He largely says we should not have a lot of faith in many of our medical interventions. One of the easy to grasp anecdotes given is how cholesterol levels required to get on cholesterol lowering drugs keeps being lowered, even though the exact role of cholesterol in lots of examples of heart disease is murky and complex and evidence is light or non-existent that those thresholds need to be lowered for any reason other than to sell more pills. That will be no surprise if you've read Posner's Pharma and see how transparent drug companies are with manufacturing reasons to take drugs many people really don't need.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

inconsequential posted:

In related books, someone here suggested Medical Nihlism by Jacob Stegenga. Only halfway through and it's super dense and Think Tank Aesthetic levels of hard to wrap my mind around but it really poses interesting questions about medical science and the nature of disease and the medical response to it from a philosophy perspective and I would definitely recommend it to people. He largely says we should not have a lot of faith in many of our medical interventions.

if someone is looking for a more positive approach to this same problem I would rec Richard Lewontin's work on dialectics in biology, tho he focuses overwhelmingly on evolution, genetics, and agriculture

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/prince-andrew-virginia-roberts-giuffre-court-sexual-abuse-lawsuit/

wonder how this one will turn out :allears:

quote:

New York court to consider sex abuse lawsuit against Britain's Prince Andrew

September 13, 2021 / 9:35 AM / CBS News

London — A lawsuit accusing Britain's Prince Andrew of sexual abuse is to go before a federal judge in New York on Monday. Queen Elizabeth's middle son, the Duke of York, has always denied the allegations, and he has not been charged with any crime. Andrew's lawyers have been working behind the scenes to get the lawsuit thrown out.

As CBS News' Holly Williams reports, Prince Andrew's friendship with sex offender Jeffrey Epstein has already brought scandal to the royal family. Now a court in New York must decide whether he was properly served with legal documents in a civil suit alleging sexual assault.

Spencer Kuvin, an attorney for nine Epstein accusers but not the plaintiff in the case against Prince Andrew, told CBS News that it was unlikely the royal would be appearing in a courtroom any time soon.

Kuvin said that even if the court does allow for Prince Andrew to be deposed in the case, it is, "likely a deposition like that would be under seal, and most people will not see that until the case were to go to trial, if at all."

Andrew's accuser, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, told CBS News' Gayle King last year that the prince "needs to be held accountable — we need to show the world that the rich and mighty can fall, too."

Giuffre claims that Epstein and his alleged accomplice Ghislaine Maxwell forced her to have sex with their friend, Prince Andrew, on several occasions, including when she was a minor.

Epstein's 2019 death in a New York jail cell was ruled a suicide. Maxwell is now awaiting trial, accused of sex trafficking underage girls, including Giuffre. She denies the allegations.

In an interview with the BBC in 2019 Prince Andrew said he'd had no sexual contact with Giuffre. He claimed he had "no recollection" of meeting her "whatsoever," and he even suggested that a photograph, apparently showing them together, might have been doctored.

Britain's Prince Andrew is seen in a file photo with Virginia Giuffre (center) and Ghislaine Maxwell. Rex Features

But with Giuffre, Prince Andrew has come up against a determined accuser.

"I know that Virginia, as a victim, has been very vocal about wanting the world to know her truth and what happened to her," said Kuvin.

There's been no official comment from Prince Andrew recently.

The case can only go forward if the court finds that he was properly served with the legal documents, and CBS News understands that his lawyers dispute that was done, because the papers were left with a police officer at the duke's residence and sent by email.

If the court does decide to allow for the prince's deposition, he will be required to respond within 21 days.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ah! Well, nonetheless,

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/britains-prince-andrew-challenge-us-court-jurisdiction-accusers-lawsuit-2021-09-13/

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

lmao

> In a Sept. 6 letter, a London-based lawyer for Andrew suggested that Giuffre's lawsuit might be dismissed because she signed a release in 2009 in a separate Florida case covering "claims against persons associated with Jeffrey Epstein."

"Look, even if my client is a rapist pedophile the victim signed a release saying it's cool." is one of those defenses that probably works when you're in the UK and legally untouchable the way the Royals are.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I feel you're missing the forest for the trees. My principal concern is the mandates, lockdowns, other things what have destroyed, are destroying, or will destroy the working class. I said I'd stop but you're mischaracterizing me now.
Also my older loved ones are vaccinated therefore protected therefore I'm not a risk to them. Moreover, as already stated and cited, vaccination does not prevent transmission and does not lower rate of transmission either. So me getting jabbed wouldn't do anything for that anyway.

I didn't realize Martin Kulldorff posts here

Here's a twitter thread on this guy and his friends.
https://twitter.com/maya_chavez_/status/1392585619088416768?s=20
https://twitter.com/maya_chavez_/status/1394677075110412289?s=20

quote:

Approximately half of the profiles pushing the case for herd immunity are artificial accounts. These bot or bot-like accounts are generally characterized as engaging in abnormally high levels of retweets and low content diversity.

The high level of bot-like behavior attributed to support for the Great Barrington Declaration on social media indicates the conversation is manipulated and inorganic in comparison to the scientific consensus-based conversation opposing herd immunity theories. A consequence of high frequency of inorganic activity is the creation of a majority illusion (when certain members within a social network give the appearance that an idea or opinion is more popular than it is).
https://fas.org/blogs/fas/2020/10/social-media-conversations-in-support-of-herd-immunity-are-driven-by-bots/

Herd Immunity was the UK plan since March of last year. They walked it back rhetorically because it was very unpopular, but didn't really change their policies. That's why they had to astroturf support.

quote:

Sir Patrick Vallance, England’s chief scientific adviser, has defended the government’s approach to tackling the coronavirus, saying it could have the benefit of creating “herd immunity” across the population.

Critics including the former health secretary Jeremy Hunt have expressed concern about the decision to delay more drastic measures, such as school closures.

However, Vallance said the government’s approach was aimed at broadening the peak of the epidemic, and allowing immunity to build up among the population.

“What we don’t want is everybody to end up getting it in a short period of time so we swamp and overwhelm NHS services – that’s the flattening of the peak,” he told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/coronavirus-science-chief-defends-uk-measures-criticism-herd-immunity

Trump's people also got caught talking about it.

quote:

A top Trump appointee repeatedly urged top health officials to adopt a "herd immunity" approach to Covid-19 and allow millions of Americans to be infected by the virus, according to internal emails obtained by a House watchdog and shared with POLITICO.

“There is no other way, we need to establish herd, and it only comes about allowing the non-high risk groups expose themselves to the virus. PERIOD," then-science adviser Paul Alexander wrote on July 4 to his boss, Health and Human Services assistant secretary for public affairs Michael Caputo, and six other senior officials.

"Infants, kids, teens, young people, young adults, middle aged with no conditions etc. have zero to little risk….so we use them to develop herd…we want them infected…" Alexander added.

"[I]t may be that it will be best if we open up and flood the zone and let the kids and young folk get infected" in order to get "natural immunity…natural exposure," Alexander wrote on July 24 to Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Stephen Hahn, Caputo and eight other senior officials. Caputo subsequently asked Alexander to research the idea, according to emails obtained by the House Oversight Committee's select subcommittee on coronavirus.

Alexander also argued that colleges should stay open to allow Covid-19 infections to spread, lamenting in a July 27 email to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield that “we essentially took off the battlefield the most potent weapon we had...younger healthy people, children, teens, young people who we needed to fastly [sic] infect themselves, spread it around, develop immunity, and help stop the spread.”
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/16/trump-appointee-demanded-herd-immunity-strategy-446408

Now that was from last year. Everyone now admits that hard immunity is impossible, even with vaccines.

quote:

Reaching herd immunity is “not a possibility” with the current Delta variant, the head of the Oxford Vaccine Group has said.

Giving evidence to MPs on Tuesday, Prof Sir Andrew Pollard said the fact that vaccines did not stop the spread of Covid meant reaching the threshold for overall immunity in the population was “mythical”.

“The problem with this virus is [it is] not measles. If 95% of people were vaccinated against measles, the virus cannot transmit in the population,” he told the all-party parliamentary group (APPG) on coronavirus.

“The Delta variant will still infect people who have been vaccinated. And that does mean that anyone who’s still unvaccinated at some point will meet the virus … and we don’t have anything that will [completely] stop that transmission.”

Although the existing vaccines are very effective at preventing serious Covid illness and death, they do not stop a fully vaccinated person from being infected by the virus that causes Covid-19.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/10/delta-variant-renders-herd-immunity-from-covid-mythical

The plan for large sections of US and western capital was always to normalize COVID. The contradictions and weirdness we have seen is partly because that is an incredibly hard policy to enact, immediately. Herd immunity was too radical a position to state publicly for the first year of COVID without pushback, no loving way would people be able to come out and say, from now on 50K more people are going to die every year and more people will get long term outcomes. Especially when countries like China has eradicated COVID. They had to slow roll the process.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

NATO getting really low effort about this whole strategy of tension thing
https://twitter.com/27khv/status/1437483591169097729?s=20

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
If the establishment's motivations are altruistic, step loving 0 is to go on TV and apologise for politicising a global pandemic but lmfao if you are able to believe they're sorry.

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Atrocious Joe posted:

Especially when countries like China has eradicated COVID.

Well I'm convinced!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Tubgoat posted:

If the establishment's motivations are altruistic, step loving 0 is to go on TV and apologise for politicising a global pandemic but lmfao if you are able to believe they're sorry.

Why would their motivation matter? Unless you think the vaccine is worse than covid it doesn't matter why various shadowy cabals want you to get vaccinated, it's the correct response to covid. They've never been altruistic about anything else, why does the lack of it this time represent a hurdle? We know it's not Tuskegee again because the people who are getting vaccinated are the people any conspiracy wants to keep around, while the unvaxxed are the people who they'd want to get rid of.

Relevant Tangent has issued a correction as of 03:14 on Sep 14, 2021

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Because this entire nuclear slapfight is about people not trusting them???

I'm sorry if English is not your first language and I was unclear.

Relevant Tangent posted:

We know it's not Tuskegee again because the people who are getting vaccinated are the people any conspiracy wants to keep around, while the unvaxxed are the people who they'd want to get rid of.
I figured out what you meant but that's a hearty lol.

animist
Aug 28, 2018
i used to think we weren't at 100% max fascism but then i read The CIA As Organized Crime

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
And instead of "Yeah, I can absolutely understand why you wouldn't trust us after *gestures globally and backward in time* all this," the approach they take is one of an abusive parent, which now that I'm talking it out, could explain folks' collective reaction even better.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

animist posted:

i used to think we weren't at 100% max fascism but then i read The CIA As Organized Crime

I'm about 50 pages in. Kinda seems like the CIA took over as the world's biggest drug pusher after taking it over from the UK

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Serious question: is there any facet of human civilisation that the CIA/capital has not gained 100% control of by this point? Even if other agencies wanted to rein them in, the CIA could just arrange for their detractors' families to die horribly in an unthinkable freak accident.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I guess I should clarify my thesis is that the crime of COVID happened in March 2020 when US and its allies (besides Australia and New Zealand) decided to just live with COVID. Everything they've done since then is to convince their populations that they actually do care about COVID beyond how it might impact next quarters profits.

Tubgoat posted:

Serious question: is there any facet of human civilisation that the CIA/capital has not gained 100% control of by this point? Even if other agencies wanted to rein them in, the CIA could just arrange for their detractors' families to die horribly in an unthinkable freak accident.

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/1031647169131028481?s=20

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Tubgoat posted:

China is currently peeling their fingers back one by one

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Sweet. :getin:

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

i wanna say chiapas but im already tugging my collar

I Miss Snausages
Mar 8, 2005
Volvorific!

Atrocious Joe posted:

I guess I should clarify my thesis is that the crime of COVID happened in March 2020 when US and its allies (besides Australia and New Zealand) decided to just live with COVID. Everything they've done since then is to convince their populations that they actually do care about COVID beyond how it might impact next quarters profits.

https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/1031647169131028481?s=20

COVID interrupted the last transfer of the idea of the general public that saving money in a bank or other low risk / low ROI investments such as farmland and or corp bonds were going to let people retire or get wealthy. The destruction of the bond market means that the way that people who were born in the 1920-40s (or have parents that learned from the depression) got money for their retirement by often using these methods. My grandparents on my father's side invested in t-notes, savings bonds, local bonds issued by a small bank, and had a little land that they rented out, and were able to retire comfortably without ever touching the stock market or using large financial institutions. They also had 50 thousand in cash in a safe hidden in their house in after the savings and loan scandals, since that spooked them again with bank runs.

My mom's parents did have some mutual funds instead of land that helped them out when they retired in 1992, but yeah, in general, you had millions of people where their money was not in the market so it could not be used by institutions to "generate" profit with markets. I know that Treasury Notes are used in broadly in the market, but not until the early 2000s have you had the outpouring of money that we now see from the fed and treasury.)

Now, markets are never rational, but the idea that Stocks go BRRRR during a pandemic, while having material shortages is absurd. Things are so propped up now, and interests rates at 0% or negative % has killed off any traditional saving methods that would keep up with inflation. The more money in the markets, the faster the wealth gets transferred to the 1% who own the markets.

A long time ago in the 1990s, Ted Turner was famous because not only was he wealthy, but he owned enough conjoined land from the boarder of Texas, all the way to the Canada, that he could ride his horse on his own private property the entire way.

Bill Gates now is the largest owner of farmland in the USA and possibly the world. Many 1% are quietly buying up farm land through literally 10s of thousands of shell companies to not create a scene, until the public finds out it is too late, and that the thing that they now need to survive is now controlled by just a few 100 people. Farm Aid and corporate farms did not scare Americans enough to keep looking at what was going on, so they are going hog wild with land purchases.

On the other side, housing is going up, and yes Blackrock and others are sure purchasing millions of dwellings, but I can tell you this, the land that my parents inherited, has caused people to show up to their house 3 states away from the land, with literal checks in hand trying to buy it. So far in 2 years, 13 offers have shown up with either checks they can sign and cash, or a person showing up unannounced with check in hand trying to buy it with more money than it is supposedly worth.

The land is 30 miles from the nearest city of 1,000 people in Nebraska, the mineral rights are owned by my great uncle, but no one is contacting him for that. The people know that there is no mineral rights to the land who want to purchase it, and quite frankly, my doomer self thinks that in 20 years due to climate change, the land isn't going to be so good anymore, so what is going on here? One company was revealed to be owned by Landlake Sands with a bit of digging. What is the rush for this?

Part of what I think is that the wealthy know that no matter what happens to the markets, people need to eat, so of course, you want to have a way to generate wealth even in a depression. The other part is more sinister. What if during a crisis they decide not to grow crops? These people are not going to go bankrupt even if the dow goes down to 10,000. You can sure get the attention of the government, and more than likely protection from the starving masses if you can negotiate protection for food..

I Miss Snausages has issued a correction as of 06:37 on Sep 14, 2021

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Toupee Groupie posted:

Part of what I think is that the wealthy know that no matter what happens to the markets, people need to eat, so of course, you want to have a way to generate wealth even in a depression. The other part is more sinister. What if during a crisis they decide not to grow crops? These people are not going to go bankrupt even if the down goes down to 10,000. You can sure get the attention of the government, and more than likely protection from the starving masses if you can negotiate protection for food..

Conveniently why covid is being allowed to cull the population.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

TrixRabbi posted:

Anyone know of any good rebuttals to Gerald Posner's book on JFK "Case Closed" where he argues for why the official story on the assassination is correct and dissects Oswald and Ruby's lives?

The Kennedy episodes of Death is Just Around the Corner podcast do a good job of it, specifically around ruby/Oswald. He’s mostly pulling from the book “JFK and the Unspeakable,” so maybe check that out as well.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Toupee Groupie posted:

These people are not going to go bankrupt even if the down goes down to 10,000. You can sure get the attention of the government, and more than likely protection from the starving masses if you can negotiate protection for food..

it already happened before op

it is called "feudalism"

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

Is there any rational explanation of this data that doesn't boil down to "the US govt's covid policies at the start of the pandemic were overwhelmingly killingly elderly black people in New York"?

multistability has issued a correction as of 08:34 on Sep 14, 2021

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

No, it's actually about microchips or autism or whatever.

Just ignore all the rich fuckers vaxxing up asap while the poor are left to suffer.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Seems pretty smart to irreparably fracture the dialog and scientific consensus amongst the American public.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

No, it's actually about microchips or autism or whatever.

Just ignore all the rich fuckers vaxxing up asap while the poor are left to suffer.

Right, but this was before the vaxxs. Why at the start of the pandemic were elderly black people in NY specifically overwhelmingly more likely to die than elderly white ppl in NY or elderly black people in other parts of the country? What was happening to elderly black people in New York specifically?

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://apnews.com/article/new-york-andrew-cuomo-us-news-coronavirus-pandemic-nursing-homes-512cae0abb55a55f375b3192f2cdd6b5

What the gently caress were they doing in NY lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Cuomo sent people into old folks homes knowing that COVID would spread inside and kill (most of) everyone there, but I can't account for how that'd translate specifically towards black people

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

eugenics OP

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

tbh the CIA As Organized Crime kinda flipped a switch.

This isn't something that completely happend over night, it's been happening as I've felt more alienated from my identity as a US Citizen, and while Russian, and Chinese interests are probably ultimately detrimental to my own quality of life as such, in this current system. They don't look like good-guys, but they do seem like a completely appropriate reaction to what the United States has been doing, and their oppositional stances look less like nationalistic blustering, which is how I used to see it, and more like "gently caress all of that poo poo you motherfuckers are evil leave us alone" kind of rejection of American hegemony and idk I am fully sympathetic to it now.

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7762908/#!po=46.7391 posted:

Doctor Anthony Fauci, an immunologist who has been the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases since 1984, has noted that “it is not that [African Americans] are getting infected more often. It’s that when they do get infected, their underlying medical conditions … wind them up in the ICU and ultimately give them a higher death rate.”

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200422/most-covid-19-patients-placed-on-ventilators-died-new-york-study-shows

Black people were being shunted onto ventilators in NY ICU units and killed en masse. At the start of the pandemic at least

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
*reports verified facts*
Oh you conspiracy theorists, always believing in Qanon.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

TrixRabbi posted:

https://www.kennedysandking.com/martin-luther-king-reviews/he-s-baaack-the-return-of-gerald-posner

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/gerald-posner-did-he-get-anything-right

https://www.kennedysandking.com/john-f-kennedy-reviews/gerald-posner-vs-roger-stone-in-coral-gables

Aaron Good (from TrueAnon) and Peter Dale Scott has written for this site. so many good articles that help debunk other frauds, like Kerry Thornley too.

Aaron's three-parter on dressing down Adam Curtis has some great rebuttals

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

Cuomo sent people into old folks homes knowing that COVID would spread inside and kill (most of) everyone there, but I can't account for how that'd translate specifically towards black people

Same reason why infant mortaliry is twice as high for black babies. Govt, no matter the party, doesnt care about black ppl

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Shageletic posted:

Same reason why infant mortaliry is twice as high for black babies. Govt, no matter the party, doesnt care aboutis actively antagonistic toward black ppl

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

It is not benign incompetence, these policies and their effects are understood and the outcomes (x population dying) is a feature not a bug and giving the govt the benefit of the doubt is how they're able to get away with killing so many people. Assume malice because it's 100% there

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
*ostensible Marxist posting in the CSPAM crackping CIA thread* If there's anything that learning about the history of the USA from its inception to the present day has taught me, it's that the govt of the USA wouldn't go out of its way to murder black people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004

nut posted:

if someone is looking for a more positive approach to this same problem I would rec Richard Lewontin's work on dialectics in biology, tho he focuses overwhelmingly on evolution, genetics, and agriculture

Thank you as always for the recommendation. How do you find this stuff nut? You always seem to have a good book for any topic.