Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

my two lungs are so scarred
breathing becomes so hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

empty whippet box posted:

Are the required weekly tests still the 'swab thru your nose so deep it comes out your rear end in a top hat' tests or are they less unpleasant now?

No, that only lasted a couple months, most of the RT-PCR tests just require a little swirl around each nostril

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

mastershakeman posted:

Out of curiosity, what is the medical protocol for people admitted to ICUs who don't get put on ventilators? Presumably oxygen at some point, what else?

Park their rear end on the waiting room floor and wait for death.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

"The choice of a vaccination is a personal one," I say as every state in the country has barred unvaccinated children from schools for a century

Yeah most of the Chud argument are dumb because the the topic of mandatory vaccination was already decided in courts when there was similar whining 100 years ago.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

Yeah most of the Chud argument are dumb because the the topic of mandatory vaccination was already decided in courts when there was similar whining 100 years ago.

with scotus as it is, literally any issue at all that winds up before them will be decided in such a way that it causes the most harm to the most people possible and helps rich people take advantage of that suffering. this will be no different

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

etalian posted:

present-day SCOTUS doesn't give a poo poo about stare decisis, so let's not push our luck

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Literally every single person arguing that vaccination is a personal choice knows that you have to vaccinate kids to put them in school, you have to have proof of vaccination to board a cruise ship or fly overseas, you have to be vaccinated to work in a clinical setting.

It's all completely disingenuous Dinesh D'Souza trolling and there's no point arguing against it.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

mystes posted:

C-SPAM self congratulation aside I looked at the D&D covid thread a week ago and the stuff people were posting was not at all different from this thread (people were talking about buying elastomeric respirators to be prepared for everything imminently going to poo poo), which surprised me because the last time I had looked a few months ago the D&D thread was much more optimistic.

Delta is super bad in a way nobody can deny so I think the toxic optimists are taking a break and the people with like, kids in schools or who are high risk and going insane from gaslighting about everything being normal are guiding the thread at the moment

Basically I wouldn't be surprised if more COVID discussion spaces online saw this pattern as the culture at large either moves on from the subject entirely or doubles down like someone who suddenly realizes that like 80% of this country want them dead

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Literally every single person arguing that vaccination is a personal choice knows that you have to vaccinate kids to put them in school, you have to have proof of vaccination to board a cruise ship or fly overseas, you have to be vaccinated to work in a clinical setting.

It's all completely disingenuous Dinesh D'Souza trolling and there's no point arguing against it.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

with scotus as it is, literally any issue at all that winds up before them will be decided in such a way that it causes the most harm to the most people possible and helps rich people take advantage of that suffering. this will be no different

Also due to things like RBG self own Chud judges have a majority in the Supreme Court assuming they all vote on the conservative justice party line.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I got married in Cancun last week and my friend's wife tested positive the day after on the get back into the US test. So far only one other person got infected as everyone* was vaccinated. Everyone managed to get back into the US though. That couple, having two young kids, were not about to stick around in Mexico for her to get hosed up so they hopped on a plane to Tijuana, drove across the border, hopped on another flight home. Bing bong so ez. The next day she was hosed up enough and had to go to the hospital. Got on supplemental oxygen and a few days later was released because she is young enough and was showing improvement. What a fuckin' trip and of course the entire thing overshadowed what was otherwise a really great trip.

*Said friend's wife lied about getting vaccinated to everyone. Her husband, her mother, and her best friend all assumed she was vaccinated but she apparently forged the card. Just lol. After she tested negative from COVID this past week and recovered her husband watched the jab for proof this time.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

DickParasite posted:

Park their rear end on the waiting room floor and wait for death.

What I'm asking is how much do full ICUs actually impact covid deaths. Surely there's fluids and oxygen and various other stuff right, there's got to be some treatment going on in the ICU , but I don't know what it is short of ventilation

Basically what can people do at home if their hospitals are full ?

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Very excited to have to have two CHUDges defy the party line for everything not to have the worst theocratic take possible.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

George H.W. oval office posted:

I got married in Cancun last week and my friend's wife tested positive the day after on the get back into the US test. So far only one other person got infected as everyone* was vaccinated. Everyone managed to get back into the US though. That couple, having two young kids, were not about to stick around in Mexico for her to get hosed up so they hopped on a plane to Tijuana, drove across the border, hopped on another flight home. Bing bong so ez. The next day she was hosed up enough and had to go to the hospital. Got on supplemental oxygen and a few days later was released because she is young enough and was showing improvement. What a fuckin' trip and of course the entire thing overshadowed what was otherwise a really great trip.

*Said friend's wife lied about getting vaccinated to everyone. Her husband, her mother, and her best friend all assumed she was vaccinated but she apparently forged the card. Just lol. After she tested negative from COVID this past week and recovered her husband watched the jab for proof this time.

My sister is getting married this year and naturally demanded a family super-spreader event with 35 people. Some of her friends are from Sunbelt states like TX and aren't vaccinated.

it was nice knowing you all...

Apr 7, 2003

Epic High Five posted:

Delta is super bad in a way nobody can deny so I think the toxic optimists are taking a break and the people with like, kids in schools or who are high risk and going insane from gaslighting about everything being normal are guiding the thread at the moment

Basically I wouldn't be surprised if more COVID discussion spaces online saw this pattern as the culture at large either moves on from the subject entirely or doubles down like someone who suddenly realizes that like 80% of this country want them dead

I turned on Monday Night Football and there is a two minute long ad the NFL is running on their own show that's basically "EVERYTHING IS GREAT AND BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN, THIS IS SO GOOD AND HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE, THANK GOD EVERYTHING IS NORMAL NOW". The industrial-strength gaslighting is going to ramp the gently caress up over the holiday season when the bodies start stacking.

Apr 7, 2003

mastershakeman posted:

What I'm asking is how much do full ICUs actually impact covid deaths. Surely there's fluids and oxygen and various other stuff right, there's got to be some treatment going on in the ICU , but I don't know what it is short of ventilation

die

Apr 7, 2003

The NFL promo in question has a big to-do about the voice-over guy firing the guy who pipes in crowd noise since he'll never be needed again lol

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Winston-Salem is a city in and the county seat of Forsyth County, North Carolina, United States.[4] In 2020, the population was 249,545 making it the second largest municipality in the Piedmont Triad region, the fifth most populous city in North Carolina, the third largest urban area in North Carolina, and the 89th most populous city in the United States.[5] With a metropolitan population of 679,948 it is the fourth largest metropolitan area in North Carolina.

We beat the Spanish Flu!

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

mastershakeman posted:

Nothing "cures" or even really "treats" stuff in the ICU, w the exception of antibiotics. It's all about supporting the failing organ systems in the hopes that the body can heal itself.

Nothing you can do at home if you need a hospital for covid

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

hows cancun nowadays

mystes
May 31, 2006

etalian posted:

Literally nobody cares. The supreme court always just makes up ex post facto justifications for their decisions. Right now americans don't like mandatory vaccinations so if it goes to SCOTUS anything could happen. Everyone has forgotten why we accepted mandatory vaccinations in the first place.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Epic High Five posted:

good, now they can shut the gently caress up and wear their forevermask

start designing a forevermask and just hermetically seal your face in forever people

WIP:]

Apr 7, 2003

mystes posted:

Literally nobody cares. The supreme court always just makes up ex post facto justifications for their decisions. Right now americans don't like mandatory vaccinations so if it goes to SCOTUS anything could happen.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Supreme Court threw out vaccine mandates entirely.

A lot of shitlibs are relying on this court to respect established law despite every indication that they won't.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

good, now they can shut the gently caress up and wear their forevermask

start designing a forevermask and just hermetically seal your face in forever people

It's a plastic bag.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Jabronie posted:

The most outlandish part is having two months of vacation time in retail

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

jfc crack ping of the day

https://twitter.com/trvrb/status/1437519305181044738?s=20

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

I wouldn't be surprised if this Supreme Court threw out vaccine mandates entirely.

A lot of shitlibs are relying on this court to respect established law despite every indication that they won't.

This means smallpox just becomes a "win button" to mash against our troops and populations

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Pepsi ran an ad on Monday night football with the tag line “you’ve compromised enough” and it is absolutely meant to tap into pandemic frustrations. Lol

Agreed, next time I'm asked "is Pepsi ok" I will say absolutely not

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

training

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I turned on Monday Night Football and there is a two minute long ad the NFL is running on their own show that's basically "EVERYTHING IS GREAT AND BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN, THIS IS SO GOOD AND HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE, THANK GOD EVERYTHING IS NORMAL NOW". The industrial-strength gaslighting is going to ramp the gently caress up over the holiday season when the bodies start stacking.

I have no idea what winter is going to be like, but it has a major chance of being a huge crack ping event nationally lol

Maybe delta burns through and the next variant is comparatively boring? Maybe delta is just getting started? Maybe a vaccine resistant Truckasaurus Variant shows up to the sound of glass breaking and chugs a beer while kicking us in the lungs? Who knows!

mystes
May 31, 2006

That's not at all suprising, lol. Just look at the rate covid has mutated so far. This is obviously going to happen constantly if we can't keep the number of cases in humans to almost zero worldwide (even if we can't 100% eliminate it).

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Agreed, next time I'm asked "is Pepsi ok" I will say absolutely not

You've compromised enough would also be a good tagline for Olive Garden ad campaign (Unlimited Pasta!)

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

story from my icu nurse cousin. Patient is a early 40’s nurse and had first dose of mRNA vaccine. Doing bad. Last words patient writes on the dry erase board they gave her to communicate is “intubate.”

This happened last night so she doesn’t know if the patient will recover but it has her all sorts of hosed up.

This is in Long Island.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
forget maxx titering

anyone know where i can find an autoinjector

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Intubate was the name of their sled

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

goth smoking cloves posted:

Intubate was the name of their sled

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Training for what?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

whew that was close. your wedding only infected one person that you know of plus however many people they managed to infect on two flights in two different countries. Which is probably only like, a few dozen or something. Probably only a few deaths. Well done, that could have been bad. And it's totally their fault because they said they were vaccinated and not at all your fault for having a wedding in cancun during a deadly pandemic.

source your quotes

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lol lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

whew that was close. your wedding only infected one person plus however many people they managed to infect on two flights in two different countries. Which is probably only like, a few dozen or something. Probably only a few deaths. Well done, that could have been bad. And it's totally their fault because they said they were vaccinated and not at all your fault for having a wedding in cancun during a deadly pandemic.

You've Compromised Enough