Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

i mean yea that could happen but still not enough ppl talkin' about the hellworld mareks disease outcome come on yall

edit 100% of unvaxed chickens die new page snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
HHS data

Texas is down to *only* 421 hospitals not reporting complete data.

ICU Occupancy
Florida fell out of the "Red" zone for the first time in weeks.
TN, OK moved from Yellow to Orange
MT, KS, CA, MI moved from Orange to Yellow
North Dakota shot up 11% over night from 64-75%
MD, NH, WI fell below 70%
There are 38 states over 75%

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pillowpants posted:

HHS data

ICU Occupancy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enUo-1TjdEs

except they're patients being shot out of a Florida ICU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pillowpants posted:

HHS data

ICU Occupancy

we did it! we beat covid!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

You're immunocompromised enough

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007

ty slumfrog :)

Solarin posted:

You're immunocompromised enough

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I turned on Monday Night Football and there is a two minute long ad the NFL is running on their own show that's basically "EVERYTHING IS GREAT AND BACK TO NORMAL AGAIN, THIS IS SO GOOD AND HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE, THANK GOD EVERYTHING IS NORMAL NOW". The industrial-strength gaslighting is going to ramp the gently caress up over the holiday season when the bodies start stacking.

The best part is that we've been running with this messaging for a loving year. The entire country has been in an eternal state of "reopening" since last summer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What’s the most covid song

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

poll plane variant posted:

This means smallpox just becomes a "win button" to mash against our troops and populations

our invasions would go like the french against haiti, although it'd be pretty funny to see the generals just dying horribly from disease after 'winning' the war

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

whew that was close. your wedding only infected one person that you know of plus however many people they managed to infect on two flights in two different countries. Which is probably only like, a few dozen or something. Probably only a few deaths. Well done, that could have been bad. And it's totally their fault because they said they were vaccinated and not at all your fault for having a wedding in cancun during a deadly pandemic.

source your quotes

yea lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

George H.W. oval office posted:

I got married in Cancun last week and my friend's wife tested positive the day after on the get back into the US test. So far only one other person got infected as everyone* was vaccinated. Everyone managed to get back into the US though. That couple, having two young kids, were not about to stick around in Mexico for her to get hosed up so they hopped on a plane to Tijuana, drove across the border, hopped on another flight home. Bing bong so ez. The next day she was hosed up enough and had to go to the hospital. Got on supplemental oxygen and a few days later was released because she is young enough and was showing improvement. What a fuckin' trip and of course the entire thing overshadowed what was otherwise a really great trip.

*Said friend's wife lied about getting vaccinated to everyone. Her husband, her mother, and her best friend all assumed she was vaccinated but she apparently forged the card. Just lol. After she tested negative from COVID this past week and recovered her husband watched the jab for proof this time.

you shouldnt have let them overshadow your cancun wedding. be remorseless

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

whew that was close. your wedding only infected one person that you know of plus however many people they managed to infect on two flights in two different countries. Which is probably only like, a few dozen or something. Probably only a few deaths. Well done, that could have been bad. And it's totally their fault because they said they were vaccinated and not at all your fault for having a wedding in cancun during a deadly pandemic.

source your quotes

give him a break, I'm sure she wore a thin gaiter for almost the whole time she was covid positive on a plane full of people. trust the science

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I love how delta seems transmissible enough that if you decide to just go about your business while sick with it you're all but guaranteed to hospitalize at least one person

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
lmao it’s not an unsourced quote

it’s a legit post

LMAO RIP

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Epic High Five posted:

I have no idea what winter is going to be like, but it has a major chance of being a huge crack ping event nationally lol

Maybe delta burns through and the next variant is comparatively boring? Maybe delta is just getting started? Maybe a vaccine resistant Truckasaurus Variant shows up to the sound of glass breaking and chugs a beer while kicking us in the lungs? Who knows!

'best' case is things level off enough that everyone feels safe about going to halloween and thanksgiving and christmas and woo boy

In happier news, my brother in law somehow didn't give delta to his wife. Both were double vaxxed and he'd gotten his third shot the day before realizing he was already infected. They had about a two day window where he was presymptomatic and neither wearing masks around each other inside, then she went to n95s after that (not sure if he did) and one stayed on couch and the other in bedroom. masking + double doses was enough for that to stop her from getting it, maybe the regeneron he got helped as well.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

"The choice of a vaccination is a personal one," I say as every state in the country has barred unvaccinated children from schools for a century

it is so incredibly frustrating that they are just making up their own reality of law and democrats don't even bother to just tell them to shut the gently caress up you snowflake motherfuckers trump lost and you're a god drat moron. Literally just mandating vaccinations via OSHA the same way it's always been done I swear to loving god I cannot handle this poo poo any more.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
One, two, COVID's coming for you
Three, four, no masks at the store
Five, six, the election was fixed
Seven, eight, gonna eat horse paste
Nine, ten, never breathe again

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Solarin posted:

give him a break, I'm sure she wore a thin gaiter for almost the whole time she was covid positive on a plane full of people. trust the science

The stories I got of their two flights are pretty ridiculous. The one from Tijuana was just chock full of people coughing and hacking all over the place and the US flight was no better with even the flight attendant coughing and poo poo. Just lol at the travel industry. My flight home was nice and pleasant since everyone at least supposedly tested negative to get on that plane.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good, I wouldn't want you to suffer the consequences of your actions or anything. best leave that to other people.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Can't believe COVID almost overshadowed your resort wedding.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
There's never going to be less covid than there is now, that's what endemic means. No one on the plane or at a resort cares if they get it or they wouldn't be there.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
“you’ve compromised enough” has the exact opposite meaning to me personally than they intend.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

There's never going to be less covid than there is now, that's what endemic means. No one on the plane or at a resort cares if they get it or they wouldn't be there.

this is why my wedding invitations will have a disclaimer calling them idiots if they go to my wedding

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Lastgirl posted:

forget maxx titering

anyone know where i can find an autoinjector

Why not just repurpose an insulin pump?

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

I wouldn't be surprised if this Supreme Court threw out vaccine mandates entirely.

A lot of shitlibs are relying on this court to respect established law despite every indication that they won't.

The Texas decision should have convinced them of that but I guess not because it's Texas.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Iron Crowned posted:

I've been mysteriously registered for a project management training course :confused:

Do you work for my company?

post COVID
Mar 5, 2007

free college, free healthcare, free Shmurda

heard about the national guard getting called in to drive school buses in MA on the radio this morning, just normal non-failed state stuff

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

The stories I got of their two flights are pretty ridiculous. The one from Tijuana was just chock full of people coughing and hacking all over the place and the US flight was no better with even the flight attendant coughing and poo poo. Just lol at the travel industry. My flight home was nice and pleasant since everyone at least supposedly tested negative to get on that plane.

:coffeepal: we're in danger

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

What a fuckin' trip and of course the entire thing overshadowed what was otherwise a really great trip.

lmao

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

post COVID posted:

heard about the national guard getting called in to drive school buses in MA on the radio this morning, just normal non-failed state stuff

It's extra funny bc MA is well known for paying really well, and can easily find all kinds of workers because of it, but just can't figure it out here. $90/hr overtime to be the STOP/SLOW sign guy but they can't crack it.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

It's extra funny bc MA is well known for paying really well, and can easily find all kinds of workers because of it, but just can't figure it out here. $90/hr overtime to be the STOP/SLOW sign guy but they can't crack it.

what

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Solarin posted:

:coffeepal: we're in danger

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
My special day was ruined when rbg died suddenly

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol delta isn't even putting a particular dent in international travel from the US beyond broader hesitancy

domestic flights are even almost fully recovered

lmao we are loving stupid

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Covid is over get over it.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Endemic doesn't mean that
This is not the 'low tide' point of covid, there absolutely will be less covid at a later date
Even if the above were true it is is still stupid to have a destination wedding or attend one; especially out of the country with two kids back home.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

2022 red wave

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RC Cola posted:

Do you work for my company?

:lol: if you also got an email about 20 minutes ago that says it was an error, then yes, or at least the same parent company.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s the most covid song

wave of mutilation by pixies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster