Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

as a kid i read boys life magazine the official magazine of the boy scouts exclusively for the like half a page of video game coverage they had per issue and their preview of yoshi's island ended with a sentence along the lines of "and the ending will finally answer the age old question - just who is mario's twin brother?". for some reason reading that completely mindfucked my stupid kid brain, like i was completely blown away that this was apparently a question people were asking and i was unaware of it and no one had solved it. i rented as many mario games as i could in the leadup to yoshi's island desperately trying to find a clue to this imaginary mystery and was completely convinced it was wario and got so disappointed when i finally beat yoshi's island and it was just luigi

Lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

Pablo Nergigante posted:

DJ Khaled: Congratulations, you saved yourself.

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Therapist: yes, Luigi, the A button on your controller does make you call out for Mario. But we want the A button in your heart to call out for the other Mario brother, don’t we?

Luigi: …Roderigo?

Therapist: *sigh*

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is there a Waderigo?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Forfot to wrote this down so ill do it bow before i forget:

I was on co puter and for some reaso jack daniels posted if anyone remdebered a certain video/game/gif and it was so full of typos noone had any idesa what he meabt.
It was something like this:

"Anyodne hage tjjar pigvute of tbat crazy birf goibf amdbut lol judy freakung our in eh t sewmill :whatup: id u kbow :qfg: need it... Gor a prjiyect :D :g :D"

This reached outisde somwthing aqful and became an internatiobal sreach even my parents wree tryinf to decipher it.
What everyone seemed to agree is that it was about a bird freaking out in a sawmill. Many people poted birds in lumbre millds and woodworking shopsasking if it was it but jd would respond sayi g it wasnt it, addi g further information, each post more unintelligible than the last, but the repeition of certain worfds abd letters confirmed he wanted a bird freaking out in some lumber yard ofr something.

Finally some dude aho hadnt posted in forever comes out of bowhere going "here it is" abnd its a cuatom half life 2 map.
I boot it up and its a single squar eroom with ravenmholm buidling interior textutes, with a headcreab resized like 5 times as large, and it was flipping back and forthe berween beeing upsidfe down and normal in a fast flickery fashion ad if the source engine were glitgching. I try hitting it with a crobrwar (im in the game) and turbs out the hitbox rremains the same size so you have to get inside the model abd hit it a veru small space near the floor. When it dies the ragdoll freaks out and a white text apoears and says i unlocked a new partnrer. A rebel citizen spawns and says "dont forget to reload john" an di get so freaked out he knows my name i wake up

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

ArfJason posted:

I was on co puter and for some reaso jack daniels posted if anyone remdebered a certain video/game/gif and it was so full of typos noone had any idesa what he meabt.

"Anyodne hage tjjar pigvute of tbat crazy birf goibf amdbut lol judy freakung our in eh t sewmill :whatup: id u kbow :qfg: need it... Gor a prjiyect :D :g :D"

This reached outisde somwthing aqful and became an internatiobal sreach even my parents wree tryinf to decipher it.
What everyone seemed to agree is that it was about a bird freaking out in a sawmill. Many people poted birds in lumbre millds and woodworking shopsasking if it was it but jd would respond sayi g it wasnt it, addi g further information, each post more unintelligible than the last, but the repeition of certain worfds abd letters confirmed he wanted a bird freaking out in some lumber yard ofr something.

Finally some dude aho hadnt posted in forever comes out of bowhere going "here it is" abnd its a cuatom half life 2 map.
I boot it up and its a single squar eroom with ravenmholm buidling interior textutes, with a headcreab resized like 5 times as large, and it was flipping back and forthe berween beeing upsidfe down and normal in a fast flickery fashion ad if the source engine were glitgching. I try hitting it with a crobrwar (im in the game) and turbs out the hitbox rremains the same size so you have to get inside the model abd hit it a veru small space near the floor. When it dies the ragdoll freaks out and a white text apoears and says i unlocked a new partnrer. A rebel citizen spawns and says "dont forget to reload john" an di get so freaked out he knows my name i wake up

Lmfao

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

lol I just realized Larry was only talking about the three marios, and I invented a twin peaks connection in arfjason's dream based on judy + the sawmill

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

bad dream just now i was in a meeting but checked my phone and looked up and everyone was gone, one of those giant eyeballs from mario sixty4 was just in the corner staring at me and it blinked. im very dehydrateed and will try to go back to sleep

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

lmao at the grand international search to decipher a JD post.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Martman posted:

lol I just realized Larry was only talking about the three marios, and I invented a twin peaks connection in arfjason's dream based on judy + the sawmill

This, uh, feels like it would be a dangerous turn for imp dreams to take

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

lmfao unbelievable

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

ArfJason posted:

Bicyclops posted:

lmao at the grand international search to decipher a JD post.

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ArfJason posted:

lmfao

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

the discovery of Roderigo has reminded me that when I was a little kid I had a recurring Wrecking Crew nightmare:

I was at the very top of a ridiculously tall skyscraper while it was being built with exposed structure everywhere, and the construction crew was rollerskating across these really narrow steel beams precariously. I was on rollerskates too and at some point the foreman, who wore brown (and who I thought of as "Evil Mario"), would smash a wall on a lower floor and I would lose my balance. I'd fall through the hollow center of the building and helplessly watch the floors zip by and when I passed Evil Mario he would be laughing at me menacingly. I always woke up before I hit the ground but I thought that if I ever did, I'd die in real life.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

ArfJason posted:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmao

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I was having a non-gaming related dream last night, but I was playing roguelike Caves of Qud right before I went to sleep and I saw the number 8 in my dream and got excited because that was the highest level of crafting material in the game. I tried to get the number before realizing I was looking at a book in my dream and not playing a game and that caused me to wake up.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sub-Actuality posted:

the discovery of Roderigo has reminded me that when I was a little kid I had a recurring Wrecking Crew nightmare:

I was at the very top of a ridiculously tall skyscraper while it was being built with exposed structure everywhere, and the construction crew was rollerskating across these really narrow steel beams precariously. I was on rollerskates too and at some point the foreman, who wore brown (and who I thought of as "Evil Mario"), would smash a wall on a lower floor and I would lose my balance. I'd fall through the hollow center of the building and helplessly watch the floors zip by and when I passed Evil Mario he would be laughing at me menacingly. I always woke up before I hit the ground but I thought that if I ever did, I'd die in real life.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

lol

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

In my restless dreams,
I see that brother.
Roderigo.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

symbolic posted:

In my restless dreams,
I see that brother.
Roderigo.

James: You're not friends with that small-headed, brown hat thing are you?
Eddie: Wha...small-headed brown hat thing...I dunno what you're talking about...

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kongming posted:

Eddie: Wha...small-headed brown hat thing...I dunno what you're talking about...

lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

They look like plumbers to you?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Kongming posted:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

They look like plumbers to you?

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Now is not the time for dog endings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao