Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Andrews a big oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

dkj posted:

Andrews a big oof

It sucks

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

kiimo posted:

It sucks

Luckily I didn’t need him this week but still a 6th for this is not great

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Haha imagine tilting after week one and dropping Andrews for like Juwan Johnson or Gronk or Cook wouldn’t that be crazy

Yeah, crazy……….

crazy

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Would it be a crazy week 1 over-reaction to offer Mike Davis for TySon?

I don’t think the falcons are good.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

dy. posted:

Mike Davis was always overrated. Do it

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

dy. posted:

Did you watch the 2nd half of the game when Ty'Son barely played?

I mean Mike Davis has plenty of faults, but Ty'Son split carries with a guy who was just signed off the street. That's not a great sign going forward.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Feeling like I should drop Jeudy but not sure if whether to add Tim Patrick or KJ Hamler

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Calling a 7 year veteran a guy off the street is an acl breaker of a stretch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cat Hassler posted:

Feeling like I should drop Jeudy but not sure if whether to add Tim Patrick or KJ Hamler

I would literally rather have an empty roster spot than Tim Patrick.

coronaball posted:

Did you watch the 2nd half of the game when Ty'Son barely played?

I mean Mike Davis has plenty of faults, but Ty'Son split carries with a guy who was just signed off the street. That's not a great sign going forward.

I got bad news for you vis a vis Mike Davis and a guy just signed off the street

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

2nd to Hooper still puts him on the field with how we love 2te sets. Njoku is worth a stash if you've got the bench space. He may have finally put everything together

Browns have Landry, Higgins, Hooper, DPJ, and possibly soon to be OBJ all as targets before Njoku is even given a look. Maybe even Hunt. Njoku will not be beneficial to your fantasy team unless you are desperate.

He’s good for like 2-3 decent catches a game, nothing more.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

One of my friends just sent me a trade request of CEH for Jeudy lol. I was about to drop CEH as soon as teams unlocked anyway so...

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Party Boat posted:

One of my friends just sent me a trade request of CEH for Jeudy lol. I was about to drop CEH as soon as teams unlocked anyway so...

Why are you dropping CEH?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

1 point lead and my Ty'Son Williams vs his Kenyan Drake, PPR.

Relying on the BAL run game... not optimal.

I won by 8. Hell yeah.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Cat Hassler posted:

Why are you dropping CEH?

Ugh ignore me, half asleep and confused him with Mostert

edit: I probably would have noticed he wasn't listed as out when confirming the trade but you might have just saved me from making a very costly mistake, thanks

Party Boat fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Sep 14, 2021

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Browns have Landry, Higgins, Hooper, DPJ, and possibly soon to be OBJ all as targets before Njoku is even given a look. Maybe even Hunt. Njoku will not be beneficial to your fantasy team unless you are desperate.

He’s good for like 2-3 decent catches a game, nothing more.

Higgins got 4 snaps and no targets last week. DPJ got a target playing 80% of snaps despite all the preseason hype. Meanwhile Njoku played 3 fewer snaps than Hooper, had 2 more targets and wildly outgained Hooper. The browns go 2TE 50%+ which puts Njoku on the field. DPJ and Higgins will lose snaps when OBJ comes back not Njoku. The opportunity is there.

I never called him Kelce I'm saying he may be promising and 100% has more upside than anyone not OBJ and Landry when it comes to pass catching in Cleveland. If you're hunting TE's you could do worse.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

VietCampo posted:

Have you not watched the Raiders in the last 2 years? It's been him and then 4 JAGs fighting for the scraps after.

Last year's usage is one thing, his usage and skill are the reasons why he's the clear te2 in drafts. But this is a whole different level.

He had almost as many targets as the New Orleans Saints, combined

https://twitter.com/RyanMc23/status/1437639074903363586?s=19

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I fell asleep Latavius Murray got a TD??

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Bellmaker posted:

I fell asleep Latavius Murray got a TD??

Ohhhh buddy you missed some top shelf clownball

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008
In my first dynasty league. Jeudy and Gallup both are on the shelf so I need to add some WR depth for the WR3 and/or FLX spot.

Current roster:
ARob, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, M. Callaway, E. Moore, R. Cobb (not long for this world). Jeudy and Gallup on IR.

Waivers:
C. Kirk, MVS, Deonte Harris, T. Patrick, Renfrow, A. Schwartz, Z. Pascal, Q. Watkins.

Kirk seems like a no brainer, along with being a roster-able player going forward in dynasty. Is that the move? How much FAAB would you spend? Like I said, first year in dynasty, so I’m not sure how to prioritize FAAB vs. Redraft.

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Went 0-4 for week one with two of those losses coming by a combined margin of less than a point. Fantasy football is back, baby!

Anyway, I was able to put Trey Sermon in my IR slot once he was declared inactive so I could pick up someone else, but now I have to get him off IR before I can put in any waiver claims. My most droppable guys are James Conner, Latavius Murray, and Devin Singletary. I could also just drop Sermon, I suppose. Who gets dropped to free up a bench spot, and then who's fodder for the waiver wire? Thanks!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Game-Blouses posted:

In my first dynasty league. Jeudy and Gallup both are on the shelf so I need to add some WR depth for the WR3 and/or FLX spot.

Current roster:
ARob, Corey Davis, Marvin Jones, M. Callaway, E. Moore, R. Cobb (not long for this world). Jeudy and Gallup on IR.

Waivers:
C. Kirk, MVS, Deonte Harris, T. Patrick, Renfrow, A. Schwartz, Z. Pascal, Q. Watkins.

Kirk seems like a no brainer, along with being a roster-able player going forward in dynasty. Is that the move? How much FAAB would you spend? Like I said, first year in dynasty, so I’m not sure how to prioritize FAAB vs. Redraft.

I think Kirk and Patrick are close actually.

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Went 0-4 for week one with two of those losses coming by a combined margin of less than a point. Fantasy football is back, baby!

Anyway, I was able to put Trey Sermon in my IR slot once he was declared inactive so I could pick up someone else, but now I have to get him off IR before I can put in any waiver claims. My most droppable guys are James Conner, Latavius Murray, and Devin Singletary. I could also just drop Sermon, I suppose. Who gets dropped to free up a bench spot, and then who's fodder for the waiver wire? Thanks!

hey 0-4 buddy, I lost 2 close matches since Mostert got hurt so I'm right there with you.

I'd definitely hold onto Singletary. That's kind of a tough decision for who to drop. I'd say it depends if you want an upside boom/bust stash (Sermon) or immediate, mediocre production (murray, conner). I would probably lean dropping Conner, since the Cardinals probably had their highest fantasy output of the year Sunday and he still only scored 5 points.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Lol I think I lost by so much that it broke the app and made ESPN think I almost won.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

Who are you trying to pick up? Feel like all of those players are a hold for now.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Cat Hassler posted:

I wouldn't. Sutton was limited on Monday because he just came back from injury. He's probably going to eat the majority of Jeudy targets, like Jeudy did last year when Sutton went down.

edit:

Trying to figure out how much to spend out of $100 FAAB on: Elijah Mitchell (47$), Nelson Agholor ($17), and Winston ($8) but I feel like this is too much to blow in week 1. Am I doing this right??? The only one I truuuuuuuly need is Winston (starting Matt Ryan in this league), but Nelson Agholor would be a startable WR2/flex for me.

Roster (0.5 ppr 12 teams, $100 FAAB)
QB: M Ryan
RB: J Taylor, M Davis, M Sanders, D Johnson
WR: S Diggs, T Higgins, R Anderson, C Sutton, L Shenault
TE: M Andrews, C Kmet

I would drop Johnson for Mitchell, Anderson for Agholor, and Ryan for Winston.

I was offered Hurts for M Davis in the preseason but I'm not sure if that offer is still on the table. Do I take it over paying for Winston if it is? I tend to overvalue RBs and undervalue QBs so this trade pains me to think about.

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Sep 14, 2021

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

freeman posted:

Who are you trying to pick up? Feel like all of those players are a hold for now.

Elijah Mitchell and Marvin Jones Jr. are the two biggest names out there. I'm pretty shallow at WR, I only have four on my team (2WR 1 Flex)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I would drop Johnson for Mitchell, Anderson for Agholor, and Ryan for Winston.
Drop... Robby Anderson for... Agholor?!?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Drop... Robby Anderson for... Agholor?!?

Darnold vs Mac Jones, plus the target share wasn't great. DJ Moore and CMC ate everything up. I don't think it gets better if Terrace Marshall starts getting more looks. It's not that crazy, I promise.

My alternative was to drop Shenault. I'm not sure I want to bail on him yet.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
My Ty'Son or Jacobs for Godwin? No PPR. Would be a nice WR upgrade and still have enough startable RBs. Godwin burned me last year, but he looked really good on Thursday.

The rest of my team for reference:

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I somehow got a 175-175 tie last week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If you aren’t using fractional scoring in TYOL 2021 you absolutely deserve a tie.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

12 team dynasty PPR league.

I have Jeudy and Thomas on my IR for the next month plus. I need to make a trade, pick up Elijah Mitchell, or I’m looking at starting Randall Cobb or like Quintez Cephus as my flex. With that in mind and a 200 FAAB budget, is 120 FAAB too high to spend on Mitchell?

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!
a bunch of the saints offensive coaches tested positive for COVID, they claim they'll be "fine" by game time sunday...

X to doubt?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Curtis Samuel is a straight-up drop candidate with no IR slots right? He's missing at least three weeks after missing all of camp and even when he comes back odds are it'll be a weird QB situation with Heinicke/Fitz post-injury

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Curtis Samuel is a straight-up drop candidate with no IR slots right? He's missing at least three weeks after missing all of camp and even when he comes back odds are it'll be a weird QB situation with Heinicke/Fitz post-injury

I’d say so. When the terrible QB play is making McLaurin look bad, it doesn’t bode well for an injured Samuel.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
In a league where waiver moves past 10 cost $5, is it worth dropping Boyd for Corey Davis? Already have 3 solid WR in Hopkins, Lamb, and Moore and we only need to start 2 WR. It should be a solid upgrade, with a potential $5 charge later?

In a 10 team league where you only start 2 WR and there are so many good ones on the WW.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pain of Mind posted:

In a league where waiver moves past 10 cost $5, is it worth dropping Boyd for Corey Davis? Already have 3 solid WR in Hopkins, Lamb, and Moore and we only need to start 2 WR. It should be a solid upgrade, with a potential $5 charge later?

In a 10 team league where you only start 2 WR and there are so many good ones on the WW.
They Jets are going to be passing, a lot, and Corey does seem to have hit his stride despite his struggles earlier in his career, and the other WR options on the team are lackluster at best. On the flip side, their OL was bad and will be out their cornerstone LT the next month+.

I think I would drop Boyd for Davis even with that depth.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

who are you guys willing to sell high on? good week 1 performances that you don’t want on your team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

got offered josh jacobs for swift. thoughts? jacobs looked really good last night, i thought. fast, agile, moved really well. i didn't watch swift. but based on their teams' respective makeups, i'd rather have jacobs on lv than swift on det?

i don't know. again, new to fantasy football so curious what you all think.