Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Pretty sure she's trying to say that she might have been vaccinated before the Met she just didn't do enough "research", which is totally different than getting vaccinated for the Met, cause you can't make me get vaccinated. Which is dumb because she is not vaccinated and it's far too late to get vaccinated so she literally is not attending because of the vaccine requirement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Finally we have some guidance from noted scientist Nicki Minaj, why didn't anyone think to ask her

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Stretch Marx posted:

Well you typed that without suffocating, melting, or being crushed by gravity so most of it is working so far.

Nah Earth is the only one with the disease of Life, the other planets figured out that you gotta wipe that poo poo out preventatively with measures like "get super close to the sun" or "be a loving huge ball of gas so that idiot creatures can't form on your surface in the first place".

If anything, Earth is the one planet that is not working correctly. The other planets vaccinated themselves. Earth is the chud who tried to self-medicate with the occasional asteroid or mini ice age, and is getting bored out by a species that is determined to spread itself to the other planets like a virus lol

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

QuarkJets posted:

Nah Earth is the only one with the disease of Life, the other planets figured out that you gotta wipe that poo poo out preventatively with measures like "get super close to the sun" or "be a loving huge ball of gas so that idiot creatures can't form on your surface in the first place".

If anything, Earth is the one planet that is not working correctly. The other planets vaccinated themselves. Earth is the chud who tried to self-medicate with the occasional asteroid or mini ice age, and is getting bored out by a species that is determined to spread itself to the other planets like a virus lol

If only there were an equivalent of Kessler syndrome for viruses.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Stickman posted:

If only there were an equivalent of Kessler syndrome for viruses.

I mean isn't that just the situation where a virus kills its host? Like we're so gung-ho about producing as much as stupid poo poo as possible that we're literally flooding our only route to other planets with garbage lol

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I guess that could work, but the timing isn't very satisfying since you'd generally still be contagious after death while Kessler syndrome traps us on a dying planet. Not dark enough!

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

azurite posted:

Getting vaccinated is like a 4-6 week process lol, or am I not reading her right because my balls are so swollen and painful ow

12 weeks here in Australia and boy are my gigantic swollen balls proof of it

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Meanwhile Israel already has 30% of its population boosted and is starting to stockpile more doses in preparation for 4th shot boosters
https://twitter.com/celinegounder/status/1437417643653439489

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

my god their balls are gonna be insane

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Meanwhile Israel already has 30% of its population boosted and is starting to stockpile more doses in preparation for 4th shot boosters
https://twitter.com/celinegounder/status/1437417643653439489

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The UK is planning on a "maybe the truth is in the middle" vaxx plan for kids 12-15 where they give them a single shot of Pfizer which will give them some protection against the virus, balanced against some risk of myocarditis.

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1437402877564268548

quote:

The recommendation that only one dose be given - which the CMOs said could be looked at again in the spring - is related to the very rare risk of a condition called myocarditis, or inflammation of the heart muscle.

It can cause chest pain and heart palpitations, but cases are usually mild and children recover quickly with standard treatment.

The risk is tiny after one vaccine dose and slightly higher after two, with 12 to 34 cases seen for every one million second doses.

Boys are at higher risk than girls.

And most of the benefits from the vaccine, which reduce the small risk of illness, are gained after one.

E: plus they think that most kids that age probably caught the virus already

quote:

Estimates also suggest more than half of secondary school age children may have been infected already and acquired natural immunity.

Note also that Cuba are already vaxxing kids 2+ and China are vaxxing kids aged 3+, but they each developed and tested their own vaccines
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/09/09/americas/cuba-vaccination-children-covid-19-intl-latam/index.html
https://www.independent.co.uk/asia/china/covid-vaccine-china-children-sinovac-b1861722.html

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 14, 2021

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Note also that Cuba are already vaxxing kids 2+ and China are vaxxing kids aged 3+, but they each developed and tested their own vaccines

We cannot allow a Testicle Gap. Those commie Cuban kids are gonna have elephant balls and the US will be a laughing stock

Barudak
May 7, 2007

In the future, women will select mates based on the pendulousness of the mans balls. Men unable to use their balls to tell time will die unloved while men whose testicles provide shade and comfort to their newborns will thrive

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Given that politicians are getting their booster shots while the FDA and CDC are insisting they aren't "necessary," what is the motive behind downplaying them? Does the idea threaten open-er-up? Does it reduce fence sitter confidence in the vaccines?

It's definitely not to preserve supply so we can send it overseas.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Just imagine what the horsepaste chuggers will be drinking/swallowing/injecting/rubbing into their armpits 12 months from now. Horse dewormer and fish tank cleaner were dumb as hell but you just know the craziest poo poo is still over the horizon

Oooh we've got an early contender

https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1437480682926735360

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

I think that's an ok treatment, for tonsillitis though, not covid.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
any boomer born before 1963 can’t cook… all they know is sleep 8 hours, eat fresh food and slow food, go out for early morning sun, gargle (water, salt water, betadine diluted in water, mouthwash) upon arriving home, do hot bath and lie

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Someone's gonna shoot up a hospital eventually, this poo poo is getting out of control

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1437385802271576067

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Medical Murder, the worst type of murder.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Someone's gonna shoot up a hospital eventually, this poo poo is getting out of control

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1437385802271576067
Not letting them into the hospital seems like obvious lesson.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

It'd be pretty bad if they had to start kicking patients out once they demand ivermectin because the risk of terrorism is too great to care for them.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also they can't discharge a patient if they're vented and in a medically induced coma, even if the hospital is getting bomb threats n' poo poo

.......or can they????
:hmmrona:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Oh cool, 1/6 backer and noted insane person Lin Wood will soon be leading insurrections against loving hospitals.

:tif:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

E: plus they think that most kids that age probably caught the virus already

quote:

Estimates also suggest more than half of secondary school age children may have been infected already and acquired natural immunity.

How many of them acquired natural heart damage?

They should have been inoculated months ago. Cowards.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
A libertarian conspiracy blog in my state put up a COVID-19 "side effect" reporting page and we're having a bit of fun.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Phizer

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Something fun to think about, the disease we're shitposting about now in a few decades will be what kills some of us in old age.

Assuming global warming doesn't just solve everything for us.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Something fun to think about, the disease we're shitposting about now in a few decades will be what kills some of us in old age.

Spoiler alert: Global warning will gently caress everything up and pretty soon too.

naem
May 29, 2011

*slow heavy metal music*

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The UK just announced their Autumn/Winter plan, the big change it that they'll be rolling out a Pfizer booster for "over-50s, younger adults with health conditions and frontline health and care workers" starting next week

quote:

Under Plan A, ministers will:

- encourage the unvaccinated to be jabbed
- offer vaccines to 12 to 15-year-olds
- begin a booster jab programme for millions

It will also include continuing testing, tracing of cases and self-isolation for those who catch the virus, Mr Johnson told a Downing Street news conference.

Businesses will also be encouraged to consider using the NHS Covid Pass to check the vaccination or test status of customers.

Under Plan B:

- the public would be urged to act more cautiously
- mandatory vaccine passports could be used for mass events and other settings
- face coverings could be legally-mandated in some places

Guidance on working from home may also be issued under this plan, but Mr Johnson stressed the benefit of returning to the workplace for younger people.

Asked in what circumstances he would consider moving from Plan A to the stricter Plan B, the prime minister said he would consider the risks and state of the disease through real-time data.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58560031
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58550833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNi7y3HBRz0

So, boosters will be offered to some people, kids 12-15 will be added to the vaxx rollout, no vaxx mandate, no lockdowns, masks not currently required but they might be reinstated in some places if things get bad, vaccine passports will be optional for businesses and if things get bad they might be used for mass events. I don't think that'll be satisfying to anyone, the open-'er-uppers will think it's too much and the shut'em'downers will think it's too little.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I don't think that'll be satisfying to anyone, the open-'er-uppers will think it's too much and the shut'em'downers will think it's too little.

The virus is pleased with the compromise.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

You may be right, but I think it's too soon to know the actual health effects of alcohol.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Just imagine what the horsepaste chuggers will be drinking/swallowing/injecting/rubbing into their armpits 12 months from now. Horse dewormer and fish tank cleaner were dumb as hell but you just know the craziest poo poo is still over the horizon

gently caress me we've already got another one

https://twitter.com/cnnphilippines/status/1434811297565085699

Here's the study that set it all off: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8142857/

A Goon doctor has already reported seeing a whole bunch of young covid patients who have turned up to the ER absolutely slathered in coconut oil

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
look i'm just not sure about the vaccines yet, i'm doing more research before i make up my mind *slathers self in horse dewormer and coconut oil*

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I have a thing of Betadine in my medicine cabinet from when I crashed a scooter on Koh Chang and needed to treat minor road rash!!!! Who knew all these years later it would save me from covid as well. God Bless.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
miracle new covid treatment! intense microwave radiation proven extremely effective at killing covid in the lab. home applications should be obvious

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Mozi posted:

look i'm just not sure about the vaccines yet, i'm doing more research before i make up my mind *slathers self in horse dewormer and coconut oil*
You may have covid but at least you don't have parasites, and your skin has never felt so soft

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Has anyone suggested bleach or UV yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

How are u posted:

Medical Murder, the worst type of murder.

There's only one man who can get to the bottom of this!