Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
I saw a lot of people asking for that on the FFG forums before they go dumpstered. This game may end up with more prequel content than OT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Hell yeah Kroot time baby

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Not really my bag, but whole new faction/subfaction is encouraging for the health/future of the game.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Scum & Villainy faction could be fairly cross-period depending on how they approach it.

Hondo for example is a recurring character in both Clone Wars and Rebels. Unless there is some backstory I'm not aware of, the Pike Syndicate would be around in both. The Hutt Cartel certainly is.

This all raises the chances of a robot legged Commander Maul btw.

Edit: As soon as I finished writing that, I found a teaser trailer which appears to be exactly this!

New Maul and Maul themed mandos confirmed.

Ugleb fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Sep 9, 2021

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
Oh man, if they have a Hondo it might be my first preorder for this game.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Nash posted:

Oh man, if they have a Hondo it might be my first preorder for this game.

My only question is which faction(s) will he go into?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Ugleb posted:

My only question is which faction(s) will he go into?

Hondo is a friend to all for the right price!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Hondo is a friend to all for the right price!

Dooku holds such a grudge, though

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

StashAugustine posted:

Dooku holds such a grudge, though

Assuming it hasn't already been revealed in whatever streams have been on today, which faction(s) would Hondo go into?

Rebels for civil war era seems a given, but I dunno which side I'd put him on in the Clone Wars.

Nash
Aug 1, 2003

Sign my 'Bring Goldberg Back' Petition
If there is a Hondo he better be clone wars cool coat Hondo and not rebels spandex suit Hondo

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

AMG stream started the Legion dev talk if anyone is interested. It’s on their Twitch channel.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Prequel-era seems like a slam-dunk to rollout a large-scale 6mm game, since the Clone Wars were much more of a peer-vs-peer large-scale conflict, and the GCW was a guerrilla war.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Chill la Chill posted:

I was hoping for an Ewok box set for a long time just so I can field a proper Endor rebel force.
Can you keep that hope alive for two more years because they said this weekend that they're releasing Ewoks to coincide with the 40 year anniversary of RotJ

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

smug jeebus posted:

Can you keep that hope alive for two more years because they said this weekend that they're releasing Ewoks to coincide with the 40 year anniversary of RotJ

Gungans are just a matter of time now. As is Binks.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

where are the Bothans

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

StashAugustine posted:

where are the Bothans

Dead.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

All of them.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

Ugleb posted:

All of them.

Even the women? The children!?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

But did they bring us the information?

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Is there a summary somewhere of what was annoynced in the weekend? I tried looking st reddit, but people there are more concerned about painting figures than playing the game it seems. Heard Scum is getting its own faction?

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008

uncle blog posted:

Is there a summary somewhere of what was annoynced in the weekend? I tried looking st reddit, but people there are more concerned about painting figures than playing the game it seems. Heard Scum is getting its own faction?

https://thefifthtrooper.com/amg-ministravaganza-review/

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Finally I can have a Galaxy of crime dudes

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Feels good to get a few skirmish games in :unsmith:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

smug jeebus posted:

Hot drat give me paploo on a bike and whoever it was on the glider. Also Chewie and Friends in the ATST

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

If I wanted to get this, mostly to do Jedi stuff or Mandalorian stuff, which one should I get?

I watched something that said for certain things you want like 3 core sets and I just balked lol

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Nov 16, 2021

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Nah, just get one Clone War core box and a box of MK2 clones to fill out your core requirements and then you can fill in with the Jedi and Mandos. I don't know if that's technically as effective as the six Mk1 clone army that three cores would get you but you'll have more fun.

soulfulspinster
Aug 2, 2012

You could also go rebels and run three squads of Clan Wren if you'd like.

Alternatively, clones get Arc troopers as a special forces choice and they're fantastic!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Arcs unfortunately just got nerfed into the ground. Mandalorians are Rebel only but they're pretty good (and supposedly they're getting some sort of cross faction mercs next year); all factions have access to at least one Jedi (and usually only run one a list). In terms of core sets, you definitely need one and two is kinda helpful for having extras of some stuff; but 3 is only for seppies and maybe Imperials, and that can be delayed. Things to consider would be, do you have people to play with, and are you gonna run the standard 800 point game (which is generally 10 units, plus or minus) or the 500 point skirmish (usually only 6 or so)? Rebels are in a good place right now; Republic is kind of a mess but Anakin and Yoda (and to a lesser extend Obi-Wan) are strong

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

ARC troopers, Anakin, and Obi Wan (with Yoda coming soon).

The choice is clear :colbert:

e: wait how did ARCs get nerfed?

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 16, 2021

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
GAR doesn't have Mandos? My bad, would have sworn they did but it's been a while

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Icon Of Sin posted:

ARC troopers, Anakin, and Obi Wan (with Yoda coming soon).

The choice is clear :colbert:

e: wait how did ARCs get nerfed?

The most recent rules update (a month or so ago) cut critical 1 on their heavy and restricted clone troopers to sharing one token per attack, without cutting their points. Echo is still okay but pure clone lists aren't super great right now and they're a bit pricey to go with other stuff.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I just started this game up and after beginning construction of my imperials army, my wallet is not happy.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Nice and hot piss posted:

I just started this game up and after beginning construction of my imperials army, my wallet is not happy.

Welcome, trooper! :getin:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

If I wanted to get this, mostly to do Jedi stuff or Mandalorian stuff, which one should I get?

I watched something that said for certain things you want like 3 core sets and I just balked lol

Rebels (the original core set) gets you Clan Wren, Sabine Wren, and Luke Skywalker. This is where all the Mandalorians are in the game at this point, but eventually there will be a Shadow Collective box that has late-era Darth Maul and his mandos. The box coming with the Empire also gives you Darth Vader and The Emperor.

Republic (clone wars core set) gets you Obi Wan, Anakin and Yoda for Jedi, but no mandos. Some of the clones are aesthetically close. The starter box coming with Separatists lets you take Count Dooku, Darth Maul (from the phantom menace) and Grevious for jedi/lightsaber action.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Whenever they get to releasing stuff for The Mandalorian I imagine they will be for Rebel and Empire faction. So Rebels will be the Mando faction. GAR is going to have more force users.

I'm curious which era Ashoka they do first and if she will be Rebel/GAR straight off or single faction.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yeah, fat boba is confirmed for Rebels.

ARC nerf was fair, they were toxic. They just needed to go back down in price.

Yoda is probably the most fun you can have playing Legion, followed by cackling and playing Palpatine.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

hoiyes posted:

Yeah, fat boba is confirmed for Rebels.

ARC nerf was fair, they were toxic. They just needed to go back down in price.

Yoda is probably the most fun you can have playing Legion, followed by cackling and playing Palpatine.

my plan is to just shout "UNLIMITED POWEERRR" every time I cast force lightning

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I had a game against Palp once where my opponent completely forgot I had Change of Plans until he played ANYWD turn 6

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

soulfulspinster posted:

You could also go rebels and run three squads of Clan Wren if you'd like.

Alternatively, clones get Arc troopers as a special forces choice and they're fantastic!

So lets say I go rebels, and go halvsies on the core box, and buy the max amount of Clan Wren, and a coworker goes for Imperial, what else would I need for a “full” team?

I would just assume to get whatever might be fun for an 800pt setup (which seems like a lot less units than something like GW overall for such a high # of points)

I guess I’d go for luke then for the jedi, I skimmed the others and it looks like there’s not much jedi

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So lets say I go rebels, and go halvsies on the core box, and go for rebels, and buy the max amount of Clan Wren, and a coworker goes for Imperial, what else would I need for a “full” team?

I would just assume to get whatever might be fun for an 800pt setup (which seems like a lot less units than something like GW overall for such a high # of points)

I guess I’d go for luke then for the jedi, I skimmed the others and it looks like there’s not much jedi

You have to have minimum 3 "corps" units so you'd need either a 3rd unit of rebel troopers to compliment the 2 in the core set, rebel veterans or fleet troopers. After that just get whatever you want, I'd go with Sabine Wren and then whatever else you think looks cool and isn't in the same troop category as mandos (so no commandos, pathfinders or wookiies).