Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

numberoneposter posted:

I have a thing of Betadine in my medicine cabinet from when I crashed a scooter on Koh Chang and needed to treat minor road rash!!!! Who knew all these years later it would save me from covid as well. God Bless.

Please put it on ebay with instructions on how to eat it and start a bidding war we can watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The UK just announced their Autumn/Winter plan, the big change it that they'll be rolling out a Pfizer booster for "over-50s, younger adults with health conditions and frontline health and care workers" starting next week

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-58560031
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58550833
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNi7y3HBRz0

So, boosters will be offered to some people, kids 12-15 will be added to the vaxx rollout, no vaxx mandate, no lockdowns, masks not currently required but they might be reinstated in some places if things get bad, vaccine passports will be optional for businesses and if things get bad they might be used for mass events. I don't think that'll be satisfying to anyone, the open-'er-uppers will think it's too much and the shut'em'downers will think it's too little.

Guess i'm in with a chance of a third shot then (over 50), my first two were AZ.... lets see what happens. :cthulhu:

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Just Another Lurker posted:

Guess i'm in with a chance of a third shot then (over 50), my first two were AZ.... lets see what happens. :cthulhu:

Mixing sauces? Your balls are gonna be so huge

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

gently caress me we've already got another one

https://twitter.com/cnnphilippines/status/1434811297565085699

Here's the study that set it all off: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8142857/

A Goon doctor has already reported seeing a whole bunch of young covid patients who have turned up to the ER absolutely slathered in coconut oil

How much is 45ml, like a teaspoon?

I've been around nature hippies and for a while I tried using coconut oil as a supplement, a lil' teaspoon every day or every other day, I can't say I felt any better or worse. It didn't seem to hurt. Oh yeah, it made me poo poo my pants once, boy that oil runs through you.

So if it's just drinking some coconut oil, it seems pretty harmless compared to the horse paste, and if it actually helps against viruses (they mention HIV in the study), boy that would be great!

I don't feel like reading the whole study so if anyone else can say whether it's a good study or not, I'm listening.

One thing I've learned during the pandemic is that ANYONE can publish any kind of study, and particularly preprints should be considered trash until thoroughly reviewed.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

How much is 45ml, like a teaspoon?

It's a typical US-sized shot. Your colon would be a slip n slide

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Failed Imagineer posted:

It's a typical US-sized shot. Your colon would be a slip n slide

So like normal?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Note that even if the study is 100% bulletproof, it involved people eating the coconut oil, not lubing themselves up with it.

I mean, there's no reason you can't do both, but still.

naem
May 29, 2011

just get the coconut flavored sheep dip and double your chances

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Zugzwang posted:

Has anyone suggested bleach or UV yet?

I bleach my rear end in a top hat once a week and then do UV therapy 15 minutes a day with direct sunlight. I've been covid-free throughout the pandemic although ymmv.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

A Goon doctor has already reported seeing a whole bunch of young covid patients who have turned up to the ER absolutely slathered in coconut oil

Poorly informed youths trying to cure covid or orgy gone wrong? I’ll let you decide.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

naem posted:

just get the coconut flavored sheep dip and double your chances
If you had the ability to roll out a product like this ASAP, you could probably buy an island with the money you'd make :buddy:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I don't know about harmless, doing a shot of coconut oil is about the same thing as eating half a stick of butter, not really something the average American needs to add to their diet

if someone's planning to get fat and die of COVID in a few months anyway, I guess heart congestion isn't really worth worrying about

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Will it make your rear end in a top hat coconut flavored though this is important

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Colonel Cancer posted:

Will it make your rear end in a top hat coconut flavored though this is important

PM me to organize some private research

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Jokes aside: if someone uses coconut oil as lube, will they gain weight as their mucous membranes absorb the oil?

Asking for a friend.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
45 mL is exactly 3 Tbsp

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

You could also eat/drink a cup of coconut oil to replace your daily caloric intake and cure covid at the same time.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

The Modern Leper posted:

Jokes aside: if someone uses coconut oil as lube, will they gain weight as their mucous membranes absorb the oil?

Asking for a friend.

If you put it in your hoohah you can get a yeast infection.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

numberoneposter posted:

You could also eat/drink a cup of coconut oil to replace your daily caloric intake and cure covid at the same time.

I thought the keto thread got closed?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

*whoops snip*

Wrong thread!

Get your vaccines if you haven't gotten one yet!

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Part of me wants to laugh at the absurdity of what fringe groups on the US are doing, however dark that is. But I know that it takes about 6 months for conspiracies and idiot talking points to be imported into the EU. Not looking forward to the winter.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

Lord Stimperor posted:

Part of me wants to laugh at the absurdity of what fringe groups on the US are doing, however dark that is. But I know that it takes about 6 months for conspiracies and idiot talking points to be imported into the EU. Not looking forward to the winter.

Not going to tell you what to do but I'd be hoarding horse paste.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Lord Stimperor posted:

I've also noticed this for spanish speaking countries - today's dumbass US conspiracy is in Latin america around 3 months later, sometimes more sometimes less

I blame Facebook, gently caress em

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Please be real

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

If your piss.is that color, it won't be long anyway.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wouldn't be able to tell it apart from an IPA anyway. I salute the guy

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Zil posted:

Please be real

It’s the Sunday Sport. A very real publication, so it must be true!

(I honestly can’t decide if it’s a good or bad thing the SS still exists in 2021, it’s obviously still funny but a newspaper of tits and jokes seems the most outdated thing and yet, still here. It’s definitely better than The Sun.)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

It's perfect

Gregoire
Feb 3, 2014

He's far too ambitious and driven to follow a tinkle(diet).

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Don't doxx me.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
1 8 7 7 JABZ 4 KIDZ. Jab your kid today maybe November!

https://twitter.com/megtirrell/status/1437813932132085764

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

1 8 7 7 JABZ 4 KIDZ. Jab your kid today maybe November!

https://twitter.com/megtirrell/status/1437813932132085764

it's good that they're doing this through proper channels, I used to make a drug that still isn't approved for kids but had off-label use in them specifically because there were case studies of administering it in thousands of mg doses daily to prevent kids whose bone marrow transplants were failing due to fungal infections, and it brought them back from the brink and as far as I know they are still alive; however, they still really don't know how safe it is in children just because they saved some people's lives (it is not safe for anyone, and the novel part of it only makes it a bit safer for everyone in re: hepatotoxicity and renal toxicity, it's an antifungal) because they still aren't really doing child studies. That's not who it is for.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen

Meanwhile Israel already has 30% of its population boosted and is starting to stockpile more doses in preparation for 4th shot boosters
https://twitter.com/celinegounder/status/1437417643653439489
The Pfizer lobbyists did an absolutely fantastic job on Israel.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Hi please sign me up for eliminating breakthrough infections so I don't kill my wife by having to work

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm pretty sure I'm sick right now and I really hope it isn't COVID. How can I get tested without going inside a store or clinic?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
They used to have drive-through testing centers all over the place. Don't know if any exist in your area.

Where I live, you pick up your self-test in an outdoors area next to my local primary care clinic, then return after swabbing yourself to drop the sample in their testing inbox.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Gologle posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm sick right now and I really hope it isn't COVID. How can I get tested without going inside a store or clinic?

Have you tried opening a maps app on your phone and searching? This might sound like a joke but it isn't at all.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Fox News went all in on Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend's swollen testicles. They just couldn't get enough of them

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1437583096849866765

CNN grilled Fauci over the issue

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1437876233535172614

Just amazing :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Fauci is 100 years old, just let the old bastard retire and decompose without forcing him to ponder some guys gonorrhea balls