Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Dear Watson posted:

I wish I had a room big enough for this game.

If you aren't worried about people laughing at you I have had good luck playing outside around dusk or in the early morning. If you have a well lit back yard you can even do it at night.

Daytime sunlight fucks with the IR sensors but as long as the sun itself isn't in direct line of sight it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Tip posted:

You can return a game in the Oculus store if you have less than 2 hours of playtime and have owned it less than 2 weeks. So buy it, try it, and return it if you don't like the way it works with revive.

It's an awesome game, one of my all time favorites.

Stormlands was incredible and I couldn’t put it down but the endgame time looping mechanic killed it for me. The combat just wasn’t difficult enough for “hah this is now a roguelike” to add anything to the game besides padding.

But man, cloud surfing is still once of the most fun mechanics I’ve experienced in VR.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Rebuff Reality's VR Ears are finally preparing to ship :peanut:. They've sent a last-minute confirmation email stating they're locking in the shipping addresses tomorrow in case anyone needs to update theirs. The VR Ears themselves ship now(-ish), perks like the boom mike ship at the end of the year because they still gotta make'em.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Dear Watson posted:

I wish I had a room big enough for this game.

It is still worth checking out even in whatever space you have just to see how it works, it's really impressive even though most of the time you'll just be blind firing around a corner. Definitely made me want to rent out a gym or something and draw a massive space out to see what it does then.

Kharan
Jun 28, 2005
Ned is dead

Another goon made game sees the light of day! Took us the last year to make the sequel to Cave Digger.

From scratch to this (a fun single player game with working multiplayer between PlayStation, Quest and PC) in less than 12 months is mind blowing. And it's going to get so much more stuff - quests, endings, an actual story in comic form and an awesome soundtrack during the Early Access.

If interested in the development story, check out my blog at https://vrkiwi.org/dev-blog/it-begins-cave-digger-2/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1523510/Cave_Digger_2_Dig_Harder/

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

An example of the Link sharpening. It's just a sharpening like people does with Reshade in some games, but it seems tastefully done
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/po5vxb/oculus_link_sharpening_update_examples/

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I got a 30% off code and was hoping to buy Saints and Sinners, but when I put the code into the Oculus desktop app the entire screen goes blank and I can't complete the transaction, anyone had that issue?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

An example of the Link sharpening. It's just a sharpening like people does with Reshade in some games, but it seems tastefully done
https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/po5vxb/oculus_link_sharpening_update_examples/

that is kinda impressive.

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care

King Vidiot posted:

I was dipping into the Arcade levels in Pistol Whip, and thought that the game was basically that easy in Campaign mode so I thought I'd give that a try. Turns out the Arcade mode is, just as they straight-up tell you in the menus, a warmup to the actual hard-as-balls story mode. I figured out pretty quick why there were so few levels in each campaign, man that was rough.

Smoke and Thunder requires you to practically kill enemies the nanosecond they spawn and if you don't you're taking a hit.

e: And no, I didn't beat either campaign.

I jumped right into the campaign mode and I didn't have a problem on normal, actually enjoyed the challenge of the smaller clip sizes. It's fun to just take out a whole line of dudes with one shotgun blast. The music is a pretty good step up too which this game was missing (I hate EDM)

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
You can make arcade mode pretty drat hard depending on what modifications you activate too tho

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Turns out there is a little modding scene for Hot Dogs Horseshoes and Hand Grenades and I am STOKED.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I got a 30% off code and was hoping to buy Saints and Sinners, but when I put the code into the Oculus desktop app the entire screen goes blank and I can't complete the transaction, anyone had that issue?

Yes I have, or similar maybe. I tried to buy Lone Echo and it didn't work even though the code was showing on the final purchase screen. I contacted support and it transpired that the code is only for native Quest games and not for Rift/PCVR. I pointed out that it didn't say that anywhere and even prompted me to add the code on the purchase screen and that in the interim the code has expired leaving men codeless. They gave me a £10 voucher instead which was a much better deal.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I've worked it out, I switched to Rift on the smartphone app and bought it from there, it's installing on PC now.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Try using the mobile app, and see if it works there. Or in the website. edit: me slowpoke

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Does uh the Rift S get that link sharpening :saddowns:

EDIT:

Turin Turambar posted:

It doesn't need it, in theory, I think the idea here is to try to recreate subtle detail lost over the Link compression.

And now I understand where the word "Link" comes in

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Sep 14, 2021

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Squiggle posted:

Does uh the Rift S get that link sharpening :saddowns:

It doesn't need it, in theory, I think the idea here is to try to recreate subtle detail lost over the Link compression.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Leathal posted:

Stormlands was incredible and I couldn’t put it down but the endgame time looping mechanic killed it for me. The combat just wasn’t difficult enough for “hah this is now a roguelike” to add anything to the game besides padding.

But man, cloud surfing is still once of the most fun mechanics I’ve experienced in VR.

Yeah, but if you ignore the "end game" it's still like 15+ hours of great single player that supports co-op.

I feel like the developer had more planned updates before getting bought out by Sony. It makes me very sad that we'll never get a Stormland 2.

Someone really needs to just rip it off and make something with similar gameplay/locomotion and take it to the next level. Flying around fully upgraded felt so drat good.

I did get some extra hours out of it by handicapping myself purposely, deciding I wouldn't use certain upgrades and turning off my visor in combat.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Turin Turambar posted:

Does this work on every GPU or is it a 2xxx or 3xxx only thing

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I just found out that there are these little gun-shaped covers/molds for quest controllers that make you feel like you're holding a gun so it's easier to aim. I'm sort of tempted for something like this for the couple of gunny games I have. Any recommendations, for the oculus quest 2?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

My thought on those is that you cant see them, so they dont really do anything?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

My thought on those is that you cant see them, so they dont really do anything?

I'm imagining the weight forward will help give your senses an idea of where you're pointing better than how your VR is sensing it, and hoping for the best.

Especially on games like Pistol Whip where there's no fun indicator.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Morter posted:

I just found out that there are these little gun-shaped covers/molds for quest controllers that make you feel like you're holding a gun so it's easier to aim. I'm sort of tempted for something like this for the couple of gunny games I have. Any recommendations, for the oculus quest 2?

you're going to be gunned down by police through your window

your last thought will be "this game is so immersive!"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I may be a pervert but I wouldn't VR in front of an exposed window

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
the only gun attachments worth a drat are the really spendy ones for maximizing your pavlov kdr or whatever, the rest are just going to go into a drawer after their second use

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Don't forget that no matter how badass you feel in VR, you'll always look like this

Keep those shades closed!

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Congrats to Time magazine for making me actually feel the tiniest bit of sympathy for Palmer Luckey

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Don't let them do that.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If he wasn’t barefoot that cover would be like 1/10th as cringey

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Morter posted:

I may be a pervert but I wouldn't VR in front of an exposed window

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
My living room walls are like 50 percent windows and I rarely close the curtains. Let them watch, I'm a VR exhibitionist.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

You’ll never feel as naked as you do while VRing naked. Unless maybe you only wear socks during the event.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

... while naked :mmmhmm:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
I mean, if your company doesn't have a cameras on policy for meetings, why aren't you naked?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

DelphiAegis posted:

I mean, if your company doesn't have a cameras on policy for meetings, why aren't you naked?

Because I’m actually at the park and let me tell you from experience, Park Services are a bunch of prudes

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Bad Munki posted:

Because I’m actually at the park and let me tell you from experience, Park Services are a bunch of prudes

Why don't you give them the Stark Services :heysexy:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tip posted:

Yeah, but if you ignore the "end game" it's still like 15+ hours of great single player that supports co-op.

I feel like the developer had more planned updates before getting bought out by Sony. It makes me very sad that we'll never get a Stormland 2.

Someone really needs to just rip it off and make something with similar gameplay/locomotion and take it to the next level. Flying around fully upgraded felt so drat good.

I did get some extra hours out of it by handicapping myself purposely, deciding I wouldn't use certain upgrades and turning off my visor in combat.

Stormland 2 might exist, it'll just be a PSVR game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Eyes Have It posted:

... while naked :mmmhmm:

Zucky needs to see how big my weenus is

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Stormland 2 might exist, it'll just be a PSVR game.

I hope so.

I mean as much as it will pain me to not get it on PC, they're one of the few large studios to have significant experience in VR and put out stuff that didn't just look nice (like you'd expect a large developer to do) while being weird and old fashioned in strange ways the small VR scene moved past, but be running with the pack and pushing things, and it will pain me if they just end up making flat ps5 marvel games until the sun goes out.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tom Guycot posted:

I hope so.

I mean as much as it will pain me to not get it on PC, they're one of the few large studios to have significant experience in VR and put out stuff that didn't just look nice (like you'd expect a large developer to do) while being weird and old fashioned in strange ways the small VR scene moved past, but be running with the pack and pushing things, and it will pain me if they just end up making flat ps5 marvel games until the sun goes out.

Sony seems to be pushing into PC gaming as well, so It's actually not entirely impossible that PSVR2 titles might make it to SteamVR as well (assuming they even actually commit to OpenXR). Hell, a few PSVR "exclusives" already did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Stormland was really loving good.