Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Isn’t it possible to get Aegis Sceptor today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Blind Rasputin posted:

Isn’t it possible to get Aegis Sceptor today?

Is it?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
yes

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
Yeah Im in the middle of working on the third step of Scepter.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

a pale ghost posted:

Is titan melee useful in PvP? Someone on the last page posted a video of a titan player with a shotgun just annihilating people but when I tried that on my titan I just got murdered constantly

titans have the fastest melee cooldowns of all the classes and it takes two melee hits to kill a full-health target, so they effectively have the best standard melee

bot tree arc gets passively increased melee damage and lunge range if you damage someone first (p. easy if you've got a hipfire friendly weapon like a shotgun or a smg or an auto rifle), which can make it easier to secure kills

top tree arc, bot tree void, and top tree solar get charge attacks that can one-shot if you melee after sprinting for a little bit

also there's an exotic helmet called the Skullfort that recharges your arc melee ability if you get a kill with it, which means infinite shoulder charges if you're into that kinda thing

(said exotic also triggers health recovery on melee kills and Fists of Havoc kills count as melee kills, which means that you can just rip through the enemy team at full health no matter how many times you get shot)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Sneaky best exotic for melee is antaeus ward since you can survive a shotgun blast and put them at half health for the free melee kill

Really good with Sunspots but probably great with other things too!

slow_twitch
Sep 21, 2005

Holy poo poo Ada-1 is selling devastation complex, I've been waiting years to get the chest piece..

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

FYI the Override is The Last City this week. For any of you who never got to finish the season of the splicer storyline and get that ascendant shard and cool ship and just finish it and see the FWC AARP leader’s corpse on the ground (like myself) now is your chance.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Anyone else getting this bug where your character and weapon model never loads? You’re just a glowy blue thing forever and ever? It’s hugely annoying and I can’t seem to fix it

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

slow_twitch posted:

Holy poo poo Ada-1 is selling devastation complex, I've been waiting years to get the chest piece..

Now all we need is Midnight Exigent to come up for sale so I can finally have armor to match Feedback Fence

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone else getting this bug where your character and weapon model never loads? You’re just a glowy blue thing forever and ever? It’s hugely annoying and I can’t seem to fix it

I've had other players' models and/or guns not load for a long time in the Tower, but thats normal.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Blind Rasputin posted:

usually happens if your internet tubes are clogged

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I just got the Scepter but had to leave for dinner plans. Is the catalyst quest available yet?

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

CubeTheory posted:

I just got the Scepter but had to leave for dinner plans. Is the catalyst quest available yet?

Read that it is either bugged and doesn't drop or that it drops from the not-yet-implemented higher LL version of Alignment chests

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Anybody blown up one of those Immune rocks with it yet?

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
https://twitter.com/lancereddick/status/1437852688155353091

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I am dragging serious rear end this season, I only play a day or two a week, it's good to hear that I can rapid-catch the Aegis.

Bless this man.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I still can't wrap my head around why in the hell they buffed Silence and Squall a little while back. It's like Bungie has some mandate that Hunters need the most obnoxious or OP supers.

Meanwhile all it takes to take down a shadebringer is like one dude shooting at them with a mythoclast.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The legend.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Oxyclean posted:

I still can't wrap my head around why in the hell they buffed Silence and Squall a little while back. It's like Bungie has some mandate that Hunters need the most obnoxious or OP supers.

Meanwhile all it takes to take down a shadebringer is like one dude shooting at them with a mythoclast.

Silence and Squall is alright now, shatterdive is clearly egregious. If you're getting shot down by Mythoclasts while in Winter's Wrath that's on you.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

YO THEY WERENT loving AROUND WITH MULTIMACH

Playing it perkblind is amazing even, the flat stats alone make it competitive. I need range and kill perks on this thing.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

SMGs are definitely the second most underappreciated pvp weapon after 3-burst sidearms

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
3 burst sidearms are the best. I managed a 15 Game win streak in trials never switching off of Last Dance

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eej posted:

Silence and Squall is alright now, shatterdive is clearly egregious. If you're getting shot down by Mythoclasts while in Winter's Wrath that's on you.

Silence and Squall was always alright. Hunters were just salty it wasn't multiple free kills. The tracking on the tornado is way too aggressive.

Maybe I got tagged beforehand, but Winter's Wrath felt comically flimsy to the point I wasn't able to take one dude head-on.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

3 burst sidearms are the best. I managed a 15 Game win streak in trials never switching off of Last Dance

Hey now that's a name I haven't heard in a while, and I have a few in my vault still. I think I'll try the one I have with Moving Target/Kill Clip, but this Quickdraw/Rangefinger roll might be interesting, I got discouraged with Sidearms a million years ago when (I felt, at least) their ADS performance wasn't quite on the nose.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 14, 2021

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Blind Rasputin posted:

On console, the usual solution is to reset.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame/status/1437883505858408448?s=20
boo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have one friend on my list who's character never loads a head in the inspection screen. Everyone else loads fine, just whatever he's playing is headless.

:iiam:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

DreadUnknown posted:

Dang sounds like Im going to have to use the fireteam thing on the phone app anyway to work on the exotic quest for the "Scepter", I think it might be new?
Man the Confluence is even more unsettling than Dreaming City is normally.
Edit: I mean fireteams for the Astral Alignment dealie.

No, Astral Alignment is matchmade. You can just go in.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:allears:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Good job learning to use punctuation in the text scroll, Bungie.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Got any video of that? Would love to see it!

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I missed Trials due to a fairly busy weekend but look forward to tucking in next weekend!

I'm glad people will be able to get god roll messengers. It's too good not to have.

I want a good astral horizon for no good reason in particular I just like the gun and the sights

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Oxyclean posted:

Silence and Squall was always alright. Hunters were just salty it wasn't multiple free kills. The tracking on the tornado is way too aggressive.

Maybe I got tagged beforehand, but Winter's Wrath felt comically flimsy to the point I wasn't able to take one dude head-on.

Winter's Wrath has 51% damage reduction which puts it on the same tier as Daybreak, Nova Warp, Hammer of Sol and Blade Barrage. You're probably feeling squishy compared to say, Stormtrance which is 53% damage reduction because Winter's Wrath has no mobility options so floating around in a bad position means you get shot to poo poo.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Horsebanger posted:

I missed Trials due to a fairly busy weekend but look forward to tucking in next weekend!

I'm glad people will be able to get god roll messengers. It's too good not to have.

I want a good astral horizon for no good reason in particular I just like the gun and the sights

Fun fact: everybody has always had the opportunity to get a god roll messenger with a bit of practice. :)

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Anybody blown up one of those Immune rocks with it yet?

Uhhh those are eggs, not rocks. You blow em up with the Wish Ender bow after all. I'm pretty sure the supposed 15th wish is Riven's eggs or somethibg, hence the name.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

DreadUnknown posted:

Uhhh those are eggs, not rocks. You blow em up with the Wish Ender bow after all. I'm pretty sure the supposed 15th wish is Riven's eggs or somethibg, hence the name.

Not sure if you're kidding, but they're talking about the rocks in the Shattered Realms that you destroy with Ager's Scepter. Also, yes, I blew up the rocks.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I think Bungie made The Corrupted Nightfall even harder than before. Or maybe it’s because I went into it with pubbies who had no idea what they were doing. I should have left when I saw the guy with Sweet Business. That was all he used. :negative:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
hey it gets an anti-barrier mod it must be good :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Sweet Business rules