Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

chamois posted:

are the raiders even good? i have absolutely no information about the raiders

They are a top 10 team in the league. They were 11-5 last year prior to ref modifiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

the Clownvens

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Mystic Stylez posted:

the Clownvens

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Stupid Steelers, I was hoping they'd be bad this year but that was an impressive performance. Bengals gonna have to slug it the gently caress out.

The AFCN rules so goddamn hard.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Nobody better lay a finger on Lamar's butterfingers

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

It's fine, fomite transmission isn't as much of a risk nowadays

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

bengals could be off to a red hot 3-5 start here in a few weeks. there's a new sheriff in town

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Browns

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/jamisonhensley/status/1437887007645216768

Buster Skrine!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
33 fumbles in 40ish games isn't that bad

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Buster Skrine made me yell his name in anger so many times when he was on the Browns.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Why? Are any of these guys seriously going to help us? Why not get a RT who isn't abysmal?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
My week one take is the Browns are legit. Ravens and Steelers are pretty bad. Their problems are the ones I expected but at a far worse level.

D-Link was dead right about Villanueva. Not even approaching starting caliber at RT.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

My week one take is the Browns are legit. Ravens and Steelers are pretty bad. Their problems are the ones I expected but at a far worse level.

D-Link was dead right about Villanueva. Not even approaching starting caliber at RT.

I figured he'd be ok for like a year but he's horrendous.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I really hate Spotted Lanternflies!!!!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Kawalimus posted:

Why? Are any of these guys seriously going to help us? Why not get a RT who isn't abysmal?

There aren't any and if one got magically cut there are like 10 teams in front of Ravens waivers who also have horrendous lines

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

There aren't any and if one got magically cut there are like 10 teams in front of Ravens waivers who also have horrendous lines

I'm saying package up some of these million draft picks and get one. Even if we signed a random FA I bet he is better than AV

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
A random FA is probably not better than Villanueva. I think years of having excellent line play makes it hard to grasp how many absolutely awful tackles there are in the league still every year because there is no one to replace them.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Yep and no one is trading a good tackle for a million bad picks

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Mitchell Schwartz is the only tenable option I can think. Even then that's probably swapping one cooked old tackle for another. We made this call months ago. Now we're stuck with it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

Yep and no one is trading a good tackle for a million bad picks

He doesn't have to be good. He just needs to be not bad

Again I know there are lots of bad tackles but AV is exceptionally bad.

If I were GM theyd say wow Kawalimus really got this thing turned around Howd he do it? Well instead of signing a random corner no better than anyone else he already had he acquired a random tackle that while not great did way better than what was already there. Not like that dunce DeCosta :D

Although maybe I ought to ease up cause it looks like he might have been right about Oweh

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 15, 2021

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bobby Hart is free to sign off the Dolphins PS if you want to see actual exceptionally bad

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I can’t imagine how bad you must be at OL in order to be on miamis B team

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Lost in how bad Villanueva was is a that Ronnie Stanley was also pretty bad. His injury immediately following a signed megadeal is looking more and more like a franchise altering moment.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Lost in how bad Villanueva was is a that Ronnie Stanley was also pretty bad. His injury immediately following a signed megadeal is looking more and more like a franchise altering moment.

Stanley will probably improve. If he looks like that the whole season then yeah

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

hmmm. seems like a lost season for the purple browns

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

hmmm. seems like a lost season for the purple browns

Basically will be. No chance we do anything in our current state.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Kawalimus posted:

Basically will be. No chance we do anything in our current state.

maybe Ohio would be a better state for them

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Good game ravensbros!! You guys really played us close and gave us a scare there! Y’all have a lot of young talent and boy, that Lamar Jackson sure looked good! Y’all sure will be scary next year!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Sorry, next year is spoken for

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
hope lolmar doesn't get killed behind this line

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

His last good game was in 2018

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Browns yo

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hart right now is probably better than Villenueva tbh.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eifert Posting posted:

Hart right now is probably better than Villenueva tbh.

Bret The Hitman Hart would be better than Villanueva

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hart had a season last year that wouldn't have upset anyone as a second stringer, without the personality I'm sure he'd be a sixth lineman somewhere. With the personality though, woof.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

oh you have a need at a position every other team is also thin at? if i was in charge i would simply get a much better player for nothing

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Give us Zeitler back and we'll give you... Uh... Fred Johnson. He's started many games, it's a bargain.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

oh you have a need at a position every other team is also thin at? if i was in charge i would simply get a much better player for nothing

Looking at the injury report we may as well not even bother. This season is absolutely screwed. Just put everyone on Perma-IR, work on extending Lamar and try again next year. Trade Watkins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm not throwing in the towel yet but I wouldn't hate a high draft pick. Unfortunately there's Lamar's contract looming though. That's going to complicate things going forward.