Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Speaking of tracks https://twitter.com/stlhensley/status/1437753256579579907?s=21 (Pocono will lose a date to accommodate Gateway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1437785746669199379

Clash at the Coliseum, do it cowards

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Good for Gateway. Naturally, the only way an independent track gains a date is if one loses one because lol if ISC is giving up a date at A Bad Track.

I get the feeling other than a couple of minor changes that the schedule will probably be a massive nothingburger.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i can't believe nascar is swapping sears point for gateway

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i can't believe nascar is swapping sears point for gateway

They're running both back-to-back after the 600. :confused:

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

LA -> Daytona -> LA is a pretty stupid way to open the season

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jYJua-XXs&t=301s

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Stenhouse? Nah. It's Ricky Roundhouse now.

Ungratek posted:

LA -> Daytona -> LA is a pretty stupid way to open the season

Yeah that is why I thought it was just a rumor to kind of like gain insight on what kind of interest there would be. If I were a car owner I'd be loving pissed. I gotta get 2 cars and my whole crew out there for a week, then get them all back for Daytona and the load up and go out west again right after? So out west for Clash, back east for Daytona, then 3 races out west, then back for Atlanta, then back halfway across the country for COTA then back east for a stint. Oh and no off weeks. Actually I just looked over the schedule and the ONLY off week is June 19th. That is a loving grind man. 37 weeks, 36 races.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
Really not impressed with the schedule. If Richmond isn't a Saturday night, it's a no for me. April 3 probably won't be cold, but it may not be nice. And a Sunday afternoon in the middle of August? That's gonna be a ticket sales failure.

Pocono is consistently the best racing in recent years, weather issues aside, so we knew it was going down to 1 race, but this still sucks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

Really not impressed with the schedule. If Richmond isn't a Saturday night, it's a no for me. April 3 probably won't be cold, but it may not be nice. And a Sunday afternoon in the middle of August? That's gonna be a ticket sales failure.

Pocono is consistently the best racing in recent years, weather issues aside, so we knew it was going down to 1 race, but this still sucks.

Holy gently caress what is with the day races in July and August in places which are prone to be sweltering? Who at NBC thinks that a day race in July in Atlanta is something people want to buy tickets to?

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I'm generally fine with the schedule, however:

Running the Clash with the new cars in what is almost sure to be a wreckfest while the teams have the current inventory to write off: Dumb.

Running on a night race on Easter Sunday instead of Saturday night: Dumb.

One off-weekend? I'm missing the Olympic break already.

And I'm still salty about Daytona losing the July 4th weekend even though this will be the third year of that.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I care about nothing except the restoration of Darlington to its birthright therefore this is the best schedule in decades

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

a day race in July in Atlanta

lmao

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Wow what a piece of poo poo then.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

he's part of the 99%

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It turns out if you aren't advocating a literal white supremacist agenda then you don't fear conversations, go figure!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
As with all of those speaking favorably of parler: who?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

stealie72 posted:

As with all of those speaking favorably of parler: who?

Possibly the worst driver in the last 30 years in NASCAR, that's who.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
gently caress JJ Yeley, the biggest possible letdown they could have put in the 18 Interstate car after Bobby Labonte.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

What's fascinating to me is two drivers who were considered high level talents only to completely flame out in the mid 2000s, Yeley and Reed Sorenson, keep plodding along in either backmarker Cup cars or mediocre rides in the lower series.

Why?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

For their ability fo bring in the big sponsors

Like Parler

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

shyduck posted:

For their ability fo bring in the big sponsors

Like Parler
Next step: the Mr. Pibb/Red Vines car.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

you guys do realize the drivers absolutely have to speak positively about the sponsors, who they do not choose, right?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
"No way to prevent this" Says only sports league where this regularly happens

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
like those times corey la joie had the trump car and fox now and he couldn't speak about his personal views because he didn't choose those sponsors. coincidentally he did say TSA should strip search a man for being muslim one time on twitter though weird

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

chamois posted:

you guys do realize the drivers absolutely have to speak positively about the sponsors, who they do not choose, right?
Right, but we can still make fun of them for being sponsored by off-brand racist twitter.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

chamois posted:

he's a grown, comfortable adult more than capable of making the choice to not do so.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
You guys, it wasn't Jeff Gordon's choice to drive the #24 Zyklon B Chevrolet Monte Carlo in its special Prussian Blue paint scheme, he has a contract and obligations

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo that Xfinity finish was awesome

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
amazing it didn’t go wrong at the white flag, great finish

https://twitter.com/andrewkurlandtv/status/1439048240008032262?s=21

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Douchebag posted:

Holy poo poo that Xfinity finish was awesome

Trucks and Xfinity both ill tempered. Tomorrow night should be fun

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Nybble posted:

amazing it didn’t go wrong at the white flag, great finish

https://twitter.com/andrewkurlandtv/status/1439048240008032262?s=21

Race of the Decade.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

omg hax

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

if i were kevin harvick, i would simply pass chase elliot

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Rumors have NXS running Portland next year. :getin:

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

CBJSprague24 posted:

Rumors have NXS running Portland next year. :getin:

That was a fun series to watch. I really like the local driver aspect to it. I could do with a little bit less of the Paul Tracy professional wrestling aspect to it but it's not going to stop me from watching it. Like I get it, it's a show they're putting on so put on a show. Bang fenders, rub each other, wreck each other under yellow, whatever you want. But then don't get out of the car and do a wrestling promo. It just seemed like fake nonsense. Like are you really that mad dude? I guess PT maybe really was since he's kind of a nut but come on, just have fun with it.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

bigbillystyle posted:

That was a fun series to watch. I really like the local driver aspect to it. I could do with a little bit less of the Paul Tracy professional wrestling aspect to it but it's not going to stop me from watching it. Like I get it, it's a show they're putting on so put on a show. Bang fenders, rub each other, wreck each other under yellow, whatever you want. But then don't get out of the car and do a wrestling promo. It just seemed like fake nonsense. Like are you really that mad dude? I guess PT maybe really was since he's kind of a nut but come on, just have fun with it.

that's SRX. we're talking xfinity

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

bigbillystyle posted:

I mean it's Paul Tracy, he was actually pretty mad. SRX was a fantastic series and I can't wait for whatever they get going for it next year!

Also Deegan put up a video with his reactions in the trailer after 1 of the races... she does a lot of Vlogs with her racing career and general life of a racer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL1y-9b1y2Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

that's SRX. we're talking xfinity

Ahhhhahah. I can't read. Anyway I liked the SRX series.