Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

Yeah, they've put out a teaser trailer for Morbius, so that one at least seems to be happening. Though if Venom 2 somehow flops, it may get shelved.
It was more than a teaser, it was done and supposed to be released last summer but got pulled along with everything else. Looks like it's back on the calendar for January 2022 now. I can't imagine it'll be a smash hit like Venom was though, because who gives a gently caress about Morbius?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
The Zeebo episode of Are you Afraid of the Dark? always was freaky to me.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sometimes the simple idiocy is a lovely palate cleanser.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Boywhiz88 posted:

The Zeebo episode of Are you Afraid of the Dark? always was freaky to me.

That and Zeke the Plumber from Salute your Shorts. Honorable mention was the Pinball Mall episode on AYAotD.

I still watch those from time to time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CelticPredator posted:

He was dating a 20 year old recently. Who knows for how long lmao

At least 3 years

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I wonder if we could get manchuds doing it also...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BRB going to start a business selling ivermectin-dipped sounding rods

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
I remember getting really upset over the History Eraser Button in Ren and Stimpy as a little kid. I freaked out and made my cousin turn it off, I still don't know how it ends.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Shame Boy posted:

Ha ha yall got scared by the silliest poo poo in movies as children.

Now being scared of a virtual shark in virtual water in Banjo Kazooie? That's the real poo poo.

Sharkfood Island is a brlliant piece of design, especially with the sign that's designed to become legible at the exact moment you realise you've bumped into the invisible wall that prevents you from getting out of the water.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

GreenMetalSun posted:

I remember getting really upset over the History Eraser Button in Ren and Stimpy as a little kid. I freaked out and made my cousin turn it off, I still don't know how it ends.

That's not even the scariest ending for a Commander Hoek and Cadet Stimpy episode. The way they die in Black Hole is much more disturbing

flavor.flv has a new favorite as of 05:01 on Sep 15, 2021

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Horse paste is yesterday's news, the new hotness is iodine mouthwash, nasal sprays, and eye drops.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/betadine-anti-vaxxer-covid-treatment-iodine-1225438/

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Remember when David Cross got yelled at on social media for like a week several years ago because he was apparently doing some racist ching chong routine at Charlyne Yi, and then everybody moved on? He sure remembers it and thinks it's the best way to eulogize Norm MacDonald.
https://twitter.com/davidcrosss/status/1437914634854584327?s=20

Bonus incredibly weird guy response:
https://twitter.com/InimitableMc/status/1437921853343928324?s=20

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Christ that’s a telling maneuver from Cross, and not in a good way. Way to show you have not only learned nothing, but are totally cool bringing back something up that was long dead!

Man I wish cancel culture was a big boogeyman as everyone thinks it is. Cancel this dude for being a loving dummy

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
*unsheathes a glittering katana with the word "Cancel" etched into the blade in Hiragana*

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Screaming Idiot posted:

*unsheathes a glittering katana with the word "Cancel" etched into the blade in Hiragana*

Unless you happen to be Japanese, that's cultural appropriation.

Cancelled

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
*nods stoically and impales himself in the gut*

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Screaming Idiot posted:

*nods stoically and impales himself in the gut*

That's not seppuku, it's just sparkling suicide.

Content - strange Facebook marketplace ads never fail to amuse me.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Are those shoes in a fridge? Are those refrigerated heels?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

teen witch posted:

Are those shoes in a fridge? Are those refrigerated heels?

Weird that they'd be on sale, you think they'd be getting cold feet over it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Old fridges as closets or otherwise storage space is a white trash special. In the country, sometimes mailboxes.

Source: am white trash.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

2 dozen 8-packs and a spare pair of sneakers in the icebox

Faultless. Not an inch wasted.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Getting a real "cooler full of mismatched sneakers" vibe off that fridge

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Is she talking about boofing it, or have I just learned of the horrible practice of quoofing drugs?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Henchman of Santa posted:

Remember when David Cross got yelled at on social media for like a week several years ago because he was apparently doing some racist ching chong routine at Charlyne Yi, and then everybody moved on? He sure remembers it and thinks it's the best way to eulogize Norm MacDonald.

It would be so easy to just write "Norm was the kind of guy who always had your back" and leave out the details of racist jokes and everyone comes off looking better. What made him think that was the best way to eulogise?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Question Mark Mound posted:

It would be so easy to just write "Norm was the kind of guy who always had your back" and leave out the details of racist jokes and everyone comes off looking better. What made him think that was the best way to eulogise?

Main Character Syndrome?

sad question
May 30, 2020

What a terrible way to find out about Norm's passing.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

sad question posted:

What a terrible way to find out about Norm's passing.
OTOH his death spawning a conspiracy theory about covert political comedian assassinations reads like the start of one of his bits

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Skwirl posted:

I know this is probably fake
https://twitter.com/tolstoybb/status/1437877351564537857?s=20
but I won a class project like this in high school because I put everything in like a 3 cent stock that was worth 10 cents at the end of however long we did it (a couple months I think?) and everyone else diversified. Unrelated, my parents gave me like a couple hundred actual bucks to invest a different year and I put it in a biotech company that went under like less than a year later. There's no relation to the two events, I think the real money thing happened first. They thought I was smart for the incredibly dumb class gambit because if it had failed there wouldn't be any actual consequences.

I did this once using fake money on real stocks for some semester long economics assignment. I picked a random stock that was at like 30 or some poo poo and saw it shoot up to $168 over the course of the semester because the company did some big thing with the genome. Then I held on to it too long and it went to $70

Ah the folly of youth

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

GreenMetalSun posted:

flavor.flv posted:

That's not even the scariest ending for a Commander Hoek and Cadet Stimpy episode. The way they die in Black Hole is much more disturbing

Space Madness freaked my spouse out as a kid and she still can't watch it to this day.

teen witch posted:

Christ that’s a telling maneuver from Cross, and not in a good way. Way to show you have not only learned nothing, but are totally cool bringing back something up that was long dead!

Man I wish cancel culture was a big boogeyman as everyone thinks it is. Cancel this dude for being a loving dummy

Wasn't Cross one of the male cast members of Arrested Development that was defending Jeffrey Tambor and telling Jessica Walters to calm down during that interview a few years ago?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Space Madness freaked my spouse out as a kid and she still can't watch it to this day.

Wasn't Cross one of the male cast members of Arrested Development that was defending Jeffrey Tambor and telling Jessica Walters to calm down during that interview a few years ago?

By “one of them” you mean “a male cast member” because it was literally all of them iirc.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

low key sex master posted:

I did this once using fake money on real stocks for some semester long economics assignment. I picked a random stock that was at like 30 or some poo poo and saw it shoot up to $168 over the course of the semester because the company did some big thing with the genome. Then I held on to it too long and it went to $70

Ah the folly of youth

Well, you still doubled your imaginary money and beat the imaginary inflation.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

By “one of them” you mean “a male cast member” because it was literally all of them iirc.

Oh yeah, the only people missing were Michael Cera and Portia de Rossi. And the only person defending her in the interview was Alia Shawkat. Not sure who apologized or anything afterwards.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Oh yeah, the only people missing were Michael Cera and Portia de Rossi. And the only person defending her in the interview was Alia Shawkat. Not sure who apologized or anything afterwards.

That is a pity, as I like Jason Bateman, and have always found him to be effortlessly charming.

But if he is an arsehole, then alas.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

BrigadierSensible posted:

That is a pity, as I like Jason Bateman, and have always found him to be effortlessly charming.

But if he is an arsehole, then alas.

It seems like Bateman, Hale, and Arnett all apologized pretty quickly afterwards, for what it's worth.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cythereal posted:

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory terrified me as a kid, with the ?drowning? in the chocolate river, the kid blowing up like a balloon, I think there was a kid who got imprisoned in a photograph...

All those kids drowing/being mutilated/being incinerated upset me as a child

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://twitter.com/agraybee/status/1437984793266884610?s=20

OP not idiot as if the inclusion of the name "Nate Silver" didn't make that obvious who was

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Improbable Lobster posted:

All those kids drowing/being mutilated/being incinerated upset me as a child

what why

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Yep, soured the entire show for me, just no interest in revisiting it ever.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

kdrudy posted:

Yep, soured the entire show for me, just no interest in revisiting it ever.

Like AD already aged not great in some parts but yeah, all the male cast members loving ganging on Jessica Walters is beyond the pale. Some shows can just be enjoyed in the memory and yknow what, that’s fine. But it’s a daaaaamn shame for AD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The very first episode being a big "gays so wacky" joke was rough even when it was new