Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

What happens if you use a ham radio to say "Ashli Babbit deserved what she got"

They'd tell you "Welcome to 14.313 MHz, the 4chan of Ham Radio".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Surely it’s 14.88?

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Captain Monkey posted:

Surely it’s 14.88?

Outside of the ham bands. 20 meters only goes up to 14.35.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

148.8 tho.

e: wait no, 2m ends at 148.0 maybe?

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Sep 15, 2021

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
NEWSOM STAYS: California Gov. survives the recall election that posed the biggest threat yet to his leadership

Get your glasses ready, because it's time for Freeper Tears! :getin:

quote:

To: Coronal

California citizens can’t vote or enjoy being the pay toilets of their ruling class.

2 posted on 09/14/2021 8:52:12 PM PDT by FlipWilson
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

The fraud is deep

3 posted on 09/14/2021 8:53:19 PM PDT by xp38

Any day now!

quote:

Yes, and FAUX News called AZ for Biden before the polls closed. The real results are still pending with the AZ audit results due any day now.

4 posted on 09/14/2021 8:53:54 PM PDT by Dr. Franklin ("A republic, if you can keep it." )

:wow:

quote:

Just saw this!
68% according to Newsmax Newsome will remain as Governor!

Wow!

5 posted on 09/14/2021 8:55:16 PM PDT by djstex (GOD BLESS YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP! THANK YOU!)

quote:

Im a woman Wheres my fundamental right to decide what goes into my body, Gavin ???

9 posted on 09/14/2021 8:56:35 PM PDT by Tennessee Nana

quote:

All mail-in election, using unverified voter rolls and addresses, followed up with government-sanctioned and supported ballot-harvesting.

Are you f***ing kidding me????

12 posted on 09/14/2021 8:57:27 PM PDT by PGR88

quote:

To: xp38

No, Commifornia is gone.

17 posted on 09/14/2021 8:58:37 PM PDT by cowboyusa (America Cowboy up! )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: qaz123

Well they know what works to win fraudulently they’ve had plenty of practice.

19 posted on 09/14/2021 8:59:29 PM PDT by caww ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Hope everyone shuts the hell up about 2022 and 2024 now.

We have to fix the system now.

21 posted on 09/14/2021 8:59:59 PM PDT by MNDude

quote:

To: antceecee

The “perception” card is now being played.

23 posted on 09/14/2021 9:00:14 PM PDT by caww ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

To: caww

Yes it is and assistant Dems here on FR are pushing it hard!

28 posted on 09/14/2021 9:01:02 PM PDT by antceecee
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

quote:

We are a one party state. One party states ensure things stay that way. That said, I did my part—I collected 11 signatures for the recall, and 4 votes from my household were to recall Newsom.

I also gathered signatures to recall our local school board—that attempt failed too, although we came close in the case of one trustee.

It’s a tough, tough state. I’m scared now of the hammer coming down—when an attempt is made to depose the king, it better be successful. . .

My county (Contra Costa) today stated restaurants, bars, and gyms must require proof of vaccination for entry. Sad times.

But onward. . .I pulled my teens out of public school last year. . .we all do what we can. Got to keep our shoulders to the wheel, as Steve Bannon says.

27 posted on 09/14/2021 9:01:01 PM PDT by olivia3boys

:thunk:

quote:

To: xp38

Isn’t it like 68 to 32? No need for fraud. Actually the number are pretty close to registration numbers. Democrats registration 68 to republicans 32.

31 posted on 09/14/2021 9:02:17 PM PDT by napscoordinator (Trump/Hunter, jr for President/Vice President 2016 )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

quote:

To: MNDude

There’s is no fixing our voting system. We’ve seen enough to know it’s all about who can cheat the most and has the levers of power and connections to cheat the best wins. The Left has spent decades building their system within the voting system. Heck we’ve even caught them at it and it has done absolutely nothing....and year after year they just fine tune it more.

It’s not about the voters....it’s all about hacking and setting the system like you would Los Vegas over who wins and who doesn’t.

35 posted on 09/14/2021 9:05:49 PM PDT by caww ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

quote:

Fraud by mail wins again.

38 posted on 09/14/2021 9:07:12 PM PDT by bray (Our patience is wearing thin Joe)

quote:

To: olivia3boys

Yup. They spent no time bringing the hammer down in Contra Costa county. I truly live in the belly of the Beast.

I am the new Jew. I will not comply....

https://claycord.com/2021/09/14/pro...a-costa-county/

41 posted on 09/14/2021 9:10:06 PM PDT by rmccullo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

:siren: LIB DETECTED! LIB DETECTED!:siren:

quote:

To: SecondAmendment

This hand wringing over “fraud” is just stupid. There are twice as many Dems as Republicans here. Voting was as easy as dropping a ballot in the mail.

No fraud necessary. Plus, Newsom will probably win another term next year unless the GOP can find a dynamite candidate

42 posted on 09/14/2021 9:10:07 PM PDT by ready2brd
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

quote:

To: WildHighlander57

A slap in the face to all that put their efforts into the recall. There are 5 million republicans in Calif. 1 million are really democrats. That’s 4 million left. He’s now in line to run for POTUS.

Don’t blame fraud. Makes us look stupid in addition to weak.

46 posted on 09/14/2021 9:11:17 PM PDT by DIRTYSECRET
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

quote:

To: BigEdLB

I don’t think so. While there is occasionally a whiff of good sense from our electorate, this is run of the mill. Remember all those conservative waves, from the Tea Party in 2010 on, lapped against the eastern Sierra and never made it into California. The Union harvesting combines ran overtime harvesting votes. I didn’t think it would be this bad, but I’m not shocked

47 posted on 09/14/2021 9:11:30 PM PDT by j.havenfarm (20 years on Free Republic, 12/10/20! More than 3700 replies and still not shutting up!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 37 | View Replies]

quote:

I don’t think so. While there is occasionally a whiff of good sense from our electorate, this is run of the mill. Remember all those conservative waves, from the Tea Party in 2010 on, lapped against the eastern Sierra and never made it into California. The Union harvesting combines ran overtime harvesting votes. I didn’t think it would be this bad, but I’m not shocked

47 posted on 09/14/2021 9:11:30 PM PDT by j.havenfarm (20 years on Free Republic, 12/10/20! More than 3700 replies and still not shutting up!)

quote:

quote:

To: Bob434

Cant play out any other way then we’re seeing it.....Pelosi and all her cronies like Newsome have California in a stronghold of working decades to make it so. They don’t have elections, they have events where they utilize everything they’ve put under the table for years.

Our nation governing no longer operates by truth nor justice…but entirely by power and greed across the board. It’s as thick as iron.

56 posted on 09/14/2021 9:20:25 PM PDT by caww ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 52 | View Replies]

quote:

total fraud election...they wewre so scared that they made it obvius

60 posted on 09/14/2021 9:22:42 PM PDT by PCPOET7 (`)

But what if Fraud?

quote:

To: windsorknot

But what if CA didn’t “ask for it”.

What if this is a case of widespread fraud?

There are lots of good conservatives living in CA. They don’t deserve this outcome at all.

77 posted on 09/14/2021 9:33:00 PM PDT by Aurorales (I will not be ridiculed into silence!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 70 | View Replies]

quote:

To: nbenyo

live in the state . the hatred for gavin newsom croses party lines. this is not a one party state it is a seven family state. there is seven families that have controled this state since the gold rush. they will not allow any real elections in this state that can take away there strangle hold on the state.

81 posted on 09/14/2021 9:36:17 PM PDT by PCPOET7 (`)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 63 | View Replies]

I love the interplay between Freepers shrieking "Fraud! :byodood:" and the Freepers going "Dude, what did you expect? Registered Dems outnumber Registered Reps by like two to one in California!"

quote:

To: windsorknot

Its always fraud when we lose, because for some reason we are entitled to win every election, even in deep blue California.

85 posted on 09/14/2021 9:39:38 PM PDT by nbenyo
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 83 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: nbenyo

it’s not fraud it’s Communist California with homelessness skyrocketing and their unemployment one of the worst in the country the loons keep voting for the same thing.

94 posted on 09/14/2021 10:01:46 PM PDT by snarkytart
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 85 | View Replies ]

Jagged Jim fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Sep 15, 2021

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Outside of the ham bands. 20 meters only goes up to 14.35.

*Homer screaming “Nerds!” from his car.gif*

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm from Texas, what does freep think about my one-party state? Definitely not fraud or authoritarianism here right just lots and lots of honest patriots voting for their people right? Not like the commiefornies.

quote:

slap in the face to all that put their efforts into the recall. There are 5 million republicans in Calif. 1 million are really democrats. That’s 4 million left.
Is California also frauding their population numbers?

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 15, 2021

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
If the democrats are so drat good at fraud you'd think they'd have more to show for it.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

any day now

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

the hatred for gavin newsom croses party lines

Yeah but just because they hate the guy doesn't mean they'd rather have an insane right wing rear end in a top hat who thinks slave owners should be paid reparations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Before the dark times I used handheld ham radios as walkie talkies at music festivals because I could slip in-between the consumer walkie talkie channels and have that band to myself.

Come get me FCC I'm the one that's very very drunk by the beer tent.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Captain Log posted:

Jesus H. Christ, you need a license to use a Ham radio? And there are loving rules and poo poo?!
You have to be able to transcribe Morse code to pass the licensing exam.

ReidRansom posted:

148.8 tho.

e: wait no, 2m ends at 148.0 maybe?
They don't end in even numbers.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

This Is the Zodiac posted:

Not anymore!

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

This Is the Zodiac posted:

They don't end in even numbers.

You're thinking of commercial Fm. Ham (Narrow-band) FM doesn't chanelize, though is usually in .005 or .05 MHz clicks.

And the Tech and General license exams have been codeless in the US since at least 2007 IIRC.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Neito posted:

You're thinking of commercial Fm. Ham (Narrow-band) FM doesn't chanelize, though is usually in .005 or .05 MHz clicks.

And the Tech and General license exams have been codeless in the US since at least 2007 IIRC.

60m does have channels, but it's the only band that does. It's because this band is shared with some search and rescue uses.

Even Extra doesn't require it now.

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Sep 15, 2021

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

60m does have channels, but it's the only band that does. It's because this band is shared with some search and rescue uses.

I said FM. HF tends to be SSB or CW. :P

But yes, 60m band is weird and even when I get my General/Extra I intend to stay far away from it, cus there's little advantage to me and many caveats.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Captain Monkey posted:

*Homer screaming “Nerds!” from his car.gif*

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

HootTheOwl posted:

That is my callsign. The great ABDWSG
said the boogy said up jump the boogy

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

I'm so glad that there are no nerds on famed jock forum something awful dot com.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Don’t make me shove you in a locker.

Because it’s already full of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons manuals.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Very many people have assured me that SA posters can do ten, nay perhaps fifeen, pushups as a collective.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Very many people have assured me that SA posters can do ten, nay perhaps fifeen, pushups as a collective.

Do wall pushups count?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Neito posted:

Do anime wall-scroll pushups count?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Neito posted:

I said FM. HF tends to be SSB or CW. :P

But yes, 60m band is weird and even when I get my General/Extra I intend to stay far away from it, cus there's little advantage to me and many caveats.

Does the DN band have channels?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Neito posted:

I'm so glad that there are no nerds on famed jock forum something awful dot com.

Spotted the nerd.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Captain Monkey posted:

Spotted the nerd.

Captain to Captain hand slap.

:birdthunk: :respek: :smug:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So like are ham radio stations like be vocal chatrooms? Or can you only talk to a person one on one? I don’t get it

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So like are ham radio stations like be vocal chatrooms? Or can you only talk to a person one on one? I don’t get it

Ham frequencies are mostly dead air in most places. It is a dying hobby.

But occasionally on like local club nets or during events there is activity, and then yeah, it's like a big voice chatroom, everyone listening and broadcasting on usually a pair of frequencies (one transmit, one receive) via repeater. And it kinda is super handy to have during emergency situations, bad storms and power outages and such. Hop on the repeater and find out what's going on, share info, etc.

Delzuma
Dec 4, 2004

Is it possible to get into Ham radio without giant gently caress all antennas all over your house? I’ve been interested but the infrastructure seems daunting.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Ya you can do it with a $20 Baofeng handheld.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Delzuma posted:

Is it possible to get into Ham radio without giant gently caress all antennas all over your house? I’ve been interested but the infrastructure seems daunting.

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff to do on 2m, which is the common band of handheld transceivers.

For the longer wavelengths (10, 20, etc - basically "over the horizon" stuff) you do need *AN* antenna, however you don't have to put it up on a massive tower or anything.

I got away with running a 1/2 wavelength 20m dipole (read: two wires equaling about 5 meters long each ) along the top of my attic, and was able to do plenty with it. and that was a 'permanent' fixture. There's lots of guys in apartments that literally make antennas out of tape measure lengths, stick em out on the balcony while they're using it, and then just fold it all up and put it away when they're done.

There's quite a bit you can do in an apartment, and quite a LOT you can do in a house, short of having to stick up a massive tower. (I still don't have a tower, but I'm in the pacific northwest, so I just hoisted some wires up into the trees - they make em tall out here).

... I still haven't played much on 2m, been busy.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Neito posted:

The only real nerds are computer touchers who also dabble in politics. The absolute worst. One or the other guys. Never both.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

The guy across the street from me has a more-than two-story antenna attached vertically to the side of his one-story house. I wonder if that's a ham radio antenna, or just a really obnoxiously-large tv antenna...

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Biden fails to win over Manchin on $3.5T budget: report

quote:

To: PghBaldy
Cost alone is sufficient reason to aggressively oppose the bill.
Get it down to a reasonable fraction of the economy (>15% of GDP isn’t reasonable, especially when borrowing half of it with no plan to repay) and THEN we can be against it for more specific reasons.

6 posted on 9/16/2021, 8:00:29 PM by ctdonath2 (All worry about monsters that'll eat our face, but it's our job to ask WHY it wants to eat our face.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

To: EEGator
great news

22 posted on 9/16/2021, 8:34:15 PM by ncalburt (Gop DC Globalists are the r)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ctdonath2
The cost is the least of this turd. All the commie easter eggs will kill what’s left of the U.S.

24 posted on 9/16/2021, 8:37:50 PM by VTenigma (The Democrat party is the party of the mathematically challenged )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]
:freep: America is the greatest country on Earth blessed by God! *dies of COVID while crawling for miles to the nearest hospital on crumbling roads that they staunchly opposed funding because a Democrat was in office after refusing vaccination and ignoring public health guidance*

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah but just because they hate the guy doesn't mean they'd rather have an insane right wing rear end in a top hat who thinks slave owners should be paid reparations.

I had to reread this several times thinking "that doesn't sound like a republican position" until I got it.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Bobulus posted:

The guy across the street from me has a more-than two-story antenna attached vertically to the side of his one-story house. I wonder if that's a ham radio antenna, or just a really obnoxiously-large tv antenna...

Pic? But it's likely a vertical antenna; is there a wire going along the ground away from the house as well?

ReidRansom posted:

Ham frequencies are mostly dead air in most places. It is a dying hobby.

But occasionally on like local club nets or during events there is activity, and then yeah, it's like a big voice chatroom, everyone listening and broadcasting on usually a pair of frequencies (one transmit, one receive) via repeater. And it kinda is super handy to have during emergency situations, bad storms and power outages and such. Hop on the repeater and find out what's going on, share info, etc.

I wouldn't say it's dying; it's just evolved to be more about digital and computer stuff than blasting out as much SSB power as you can and hoping to get into the DXCC on voice. Much like how "codeless" licensing was just an evolution of the hobby, so is JS8 and other weak signal stuff.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
The long-run tendency for wealth to concentrate in a few hands

OP posted:

On this forum, we all celebrate capitalism. It has risen more people out of poverty than any economic system in history. But we have to recognize that we have a serious problem. We love seeing people reap the benefits of their hard work and ingenuity. But we have the danger of too much wealth in too few hands. The elite in the tech industry control information. Other that FOX NEWS and places like FR, the so-called media is told what to say or they don't have a job. The money and power of the ultra rich controls elections. And most of it tends to be on the very left side of the political spectrum. Jeff Bezos created an incredible distribution system. But he owns the WashPost and has far too much influence in our politics. The Fourth Estate, which historically was the watchdog on government abuses, no longer exists. They are told what to say and told what to make the masses believe. Stelter doesn't mind being a puppet because he gets plenty of money for his donut supply. FOX NEWS seems to be the only source that really informs us of the border crisis. It is the only network that has drones showing us what is happening. Airheads Nicolle Wallace and Joy Reid watch the invasion and tell their little audiences that the problem is really that racist whitey does not like brown people. We watched a phony Russian/Trump narrative that tore our country apart. We all watched an election stolen but the MSM calls it a conspiracy. They call a protest an attempt to overthrow the government. I don't have the answer but we have a problem that is destroying our country as we seemingly hopelessly watch it happen.
1 posted on 9/18/2021, 9:06:12 AM by doug from upland
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]
I could certainly agree with maybe an iota of what OP says, but their persecuted alternate reality wastes no time in kicking in.

Jim W N howls for a Christian theocracy while likely not having ever read The Wealth of Nations

quote:

To: doug from upland
A free nation that runs by freedom at work - The Market Economy Free from Government Interference - THE FREE MARKET ECONOMY (please quit using the Marxist term “capitalism” for the Free Market Economy) - counters that tendency through open access to markets and open competition between players.

The Great America Story - not the acts of government but the acts of individuals free from government interference - which, as Adam Smith published the same year as America was born, is the Wealth of Nations.

3 posted on 9/18/2021, 9:16:57 AM by Jim W N (MAGA by restoring the Gospel of the Grace of Christ (Jude 3) and our Free Constitutional Republic!)

quote:

The answer is Patriots from every corner, renouncing trust in mans and his government but trusting only in the Lord, and steeling their will (as has the Left) and determinedly fighting for, with at least as much perseverance and focus as the Left fights against, the restoration of our Free Constitutional Republic.
PATRIOTS AWAKE!!!

9 posted on 9/18/2021, 9:24:18 AM by Jim W N (MAGA by restoring the Gospel of the Grace of Christ (Jude 3) and our Free Constitutional Republic!)

If only we were to take lessons from history where they tried and executed their leaders.... :thunk:

quote:

Republicans need to get back to its roots and make it the Party of Lincoln again. Study Oliver Cromwell’s rebellion. It was composed of Protestant Puritans who became The Pilgrims who became America.

6 posted on 9/18/2021, 9:21:06 AM by Yollopoliuhqui

:byodood: It's black people's fault!!!!

quote:

People who spend every penny they can get their hands on to buy Escalades, bling and hoes will never have wealth no matter how much of other peoples’ money you steal and give to them.

10 posted on 9/18/2021, 9:24:44 AM by E. Pluribus Unum ("Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy." ― Mao Zedong)

quote:

To: Paal Gulli
Not if you play BLM Monopoly.

You light the board on fire and hit whitey with a skateboard and have some Democrat politician grab everyone else’s money and gives you 10%.

27 posted on 9/18/2021, 10:18:57 AM by blueunicorn6 ("A crack shot and a good dancer”)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Yep, that's why Elon deserves all that money :jerkbag: Goddamn this is just so loving dumb of a thing to believe and to have posted for the world to see.

quote:

What few people understand is the variability of human abilities. The top earners are hundreds of times smarter than the average person.

In previous centuries, brilliant men could not use their abilities to make huge fortunes. Today, they can.

12 posted on 9/18/2021, 9:25:48 AM by proxy_user

quote:

To: proxy_user
That is a very good point. Part of the advancement with machines and knowledge, has allowed 'weaker' persons to surpass others. "Colt made them equal".
The need for a strong back and such has been replaced in many areas. That I think, has driven away the social 'need' for men in many forms. That is a destructive force. The rise in male suicide is a blow back in many ways.

24 posted on 09/18/2021 10:06:22 AM PDT by Theoria
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: PeterPrinciple
Part of the problem is the outsourcing of almost all basic industries other than software, healthcare and financial sectors. Combined with allowing almost limitless import of what is for all intents and purposes slave labor, this creates an outflow of money from the Middle Class to foreign countries and to the financial and tech sectors.

Financial and tech sector middle management and above already come from wealthy families, so you have two circulating paths for movement, one in the upper 10% income strata, and another for everyone else, with insufficient crossover between the two.

My family is an outlier, but shouldn’t be. My parents and two of us siblings are immigrants from Canada. Mom and Dad started a small business that never generated more than $150K per year in income. Oldest child pursued military and civilian aviation. I’m middle child and pursued public safety. Younger brother is U.S. born and pursued software engineering. All of us lived in high cost of living areas.

Parents are 85+ years old, us kids are in our 50s. We now represent four households each well over one million dollars net worth.
Living within our means, stable marriages, single family real estate and buy and hold stock investing are all it took for each of us.

My theory on why families like ours are increasingly rare is the absolute travesty of public “education.” None of us learned anything about how to succeed in marriage, finance or any other aspect of real life from our school years. And today’s schools are absolute intellectual toilets compared to ours.

19 posted on 9/18/2021, 9:41:08 AM by Go_Raiders (The fact is, we really don't know anything. It's all guesswork and rationalization.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Oliver Cromwell’s Rebellion in 1642 created the Pilgrims? The ones who came to America in 1620?

That’s a pretty good party trick.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I like what Adam Smith and Winston Churchill had to say about landlords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

kik2dagroin posted:

You light the board on fire and hit whitey with a skateboard and have some Democrat politician grab everyone else’s money and gives you 10%.

That's so weirdly specific it has to be something I've missed because why would THAT be your go-to example?