Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Have they talked on podcasts about what order they record tasks? Like easy to difficult, or logical to creative, and do they do all the team stuff on the same day? I assume the pick ingredients and make food stuff is over multiple days, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
I know they do them in batches - I haven't listened to most of the podcast episodes but in one I have listened to, Mel Giedroyc mentioned doing all of her tasks in a single 4 day stretch, because she just happened to have that chunk of time free in her schedule. I think for most of them they will do multiple tasks per day but the days are spread out. The team tasks I do believe they do entirely in one day, just because finding one day where all the team members are going to be available is likely hard enough, doing multiple days would be even worse.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They'll assemble the teams according to schedules, too, Alex said as much in one episode (S5 or S6 based on what I've been watching lately).

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

TMNZ is a lot of fun. I have heard of literally zero of these folks ahead of starting S1 but I kinda like em all. Angella (sp?) is a delight and Guy is kind of annoying, but that seems on purpose.

I knew of probably a third of the UK contestants so it isn't like the notability of contestants to an American really hurt my enjoyment of TMUK. poo poo, I knew everyone on the American version and that was awful.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XrHXehgsIw

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Guy Montgomery's Guy Mont-Spelling Bee, with all the other S2 contestants. Seems like they all got along during the filming, so it's nice to see that seems to be the case. Delightful stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap4Fji-JZ8Q

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
I guess we need to update the thread title to Taskmaster Series 12 then! Trailer didn't give us much in the way of quotes ("On your marks, get set, task" is the wrong kind of pathetic when out of context). Anything the thread can suggest from earlier seasons?

The video Greg and Alex put together for soliciting NTA votes is also pretty funny - it's a candid glimpse into their relationship which the show can only hint at.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DpxAycYAhg

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Heavy_D posted:

I guess we need to update the thread title to Taskmaster Series 12 then! Trailer didn't give us much in the way of quotes ("On your marks, get set, task" is the wrong kind of pathetic when out of context). Anything the thread can suggest from earlier seasons?
12: Sit on a Cake
Pre-12: Just open the thread you pussy.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Sep 7, 2021

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Taskmaster Season 12 -- You must Post. You have 100 seconds and your time starts...Now.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Taskmaster S12: Please... please don't take this away from me...

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Regardless, I hope the spelling mistake in the title makes it into the new one, at least in spirit.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
TM NZ absolutely killed it in the Final.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Swap 1st and 2nd place and they are in order of who I liked the most.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Taskmaster NZ killing it

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
David Correos's growing agitation throughout the series was my favourite part, and the final episode had a fantastic pay off to that plotline. Really hope New Zealand has enough comedians and TV personalities for at least a couple more years.

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
Maybe import a few over from Oz.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Paladinus posted:

David Correos's growing agitation throughout the series was my favourite part, and the final episode had a fantastic pay off to that plotline. Really hope New Zealand has enough comedians and TV personalities for at least a couple more years.

They did a live watch & QA after the show where they spent more than an hour answering questions about the show, including tasks that didn't air, how they felt in various moments, and it's all just the best. Paul Williams is there for all of it, and Jeremey sticks around for a short while too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWwbuJw2hmw

Don't think it topped S7, but it's right up next to it as as good as this show can get. drat what a good time.

drunken officeparty posted:

Swap 1st and 2nd place and they are in order of who I liked the most.

Final scores were surprisingly tight by the end!

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Sep 8, 2021

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Really liked the final house task there, sort of the opposite to the Series 1 task where they had to leave as fast as possible.

The cast had a watch party to mark the final episode followed by some chat and Q & A. Even if you skip through the parts where they're watching the show (which they do on mute, no commentary) it's a pretty long watch, but there are some fun tidbits from behind the scenes:

- The suncream task was meant to be a tie-breaker, but they forgot to put a time limit on it and so everyone bar Urzila went crazy with it
- There was an unused tie-breaker where you had to guess what word Paul was thinking of
"Is it spaghetti?"
"No"
"Is it house?"
"No"
"Can you tell me what the word is?"
"No"
Matt was the only one to correctly solve it, the word was "no"
- The art heist was supposedly on the cutting room floor, but apparently got reinserted because Matt was so excited backstage to see it
- An intriguing task got cut along the lines of "Defend yourself. You have ten minutes to prepare before Paul launches his attack". Part of what made it interesting was that Paul had a different attack prepared for each contestant, from rolling a giant fake boulder, to peas, to a water gun. Laura donned armour and barricaded herself in the caravan, but wasn't protected from a verbal attack. Sadly it seems like that really interesting side of it might have been the undoing of the task, as it was too long to include, and having to screen five different attacks would have contributed. Scariest part: David armed himself with a knife!

Near the end of the stream the contestants put forward names for comedians they'd put in a third series of TM NZ, which hopefully means it isn't far-fetched to expect some more.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
In the same way the UK version has had some surprisingly big names, I wonder if the NZ will get any Conchords or WWDitS alumni.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

My kingdom for Jermaine Clement in TM. Rhys Derby feels like a very safe bet though for another season. Haven't seen a greenlight for a third season for em', but fingers crossed.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Yeah, I was definitely thinking about Rhys as an option.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They haven’t really had any worldwide big name. Katherine Parkinson might be the most recognizable to the US just from IT Crowd but not really. NZ getting Jermaine would be like UK getting Simon Pegg.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

They haven’t really had any worldwide big name. Katherine Parkinson might be the most recognizable to the US just from IT Crowd but not really. NZ getting Jermaine would be like UK getting Simon Pegg.

Mel is probably the biggest name internationally just because of Bake Off.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

After posting that I wondered what Jermaine was up to, upcoming film wise. The answer may surprise you: Avatar 2 and 3 lol. Good on him.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Mel is probably the biggest name internationally just because of Bake Off.
Noel's got to be up there as well for the Boosh or more specifically Old Gregg.

e: ... also Bake Off come to think of it :v:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Aisling Bea was in that mildly successful Netflix show with Paul Rudd.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Speaking of big names, John Hannah would have been good on a full series. I also wish we got Nicola Coughlan for a full one, she seemed really fun.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky
I seem to remember some interview with Gregg and Alex where they said getting Frank Skinner in season 1 was a huge boost. I don't know what pull he has internationally but in the UK they felt at least that it gave a sense of production quality to the whole thing to have such an established name.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat
Acaster, Beckett and Romesh are in that big new Cinderella film. Its alongside James Corden, but it's something right?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

OrthoTrot posted:

I seem to remember some interview with Gregg and Alex where they said getting Frank Skinner in season 1 was a huge boost. I don't know what pull he has internationally but in the UK they felt at least that it gave a sense of production quality to the whole thing to have such an established name.

Getting Frank Skinner was what basically persuaded the other Series 1 contestants to sign up.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Fatty posted:

Acaster, Beckett and Romesh are in that big new Cinderella film. Its alongside James Corden, but it's something right?

Just YTed this and oh dear lord.
I can see the heckles for the next decades 'give us a song Rom!'

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Hugh Dennis was in Fleabag, which is a huge international hit judging by the internet buzz. Maybe they'll get Phoebe Waller-Bridge someday.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dell_Zincht posted:

Getting Frank Skinner was what basically persuaded the other Series 1 contestants to sign up.

Yeah as I understand it, a lot of people were hesitant about the show, feeling like it might end up just being some lovely reality show "lets make celebrities eat a bunch of gross stuff" type of thing, but when Frank Skinner agreed to do it they figured "well if he's willing to do it maybe there's something to this after all".

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah as I understand it, a lot of people were hesitant about the show, feeling like it might end up just being some lovely reality show "lets make celebrities eat a bunch of gross stuff" type of thing, but when Frank Skinner agreed to do it they figured "well if he's willing to do it maybe there's something to this after all".

I mean, that is something they do sometimes.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

I mean, that is something they do sometimes.

Counterpoint:

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Counterpoint:

Counter counter point: he drank a Dr Pepper.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Just noticed the chili sauce. That stuff is not to be taken lightly.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

Oh man, I'm excited like it's Christmas Eve...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I watched the first ep of Season 7, and it's fantastic. I think it's the most I've seen Alex break, and everyone is having a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

Seven is probably the peak of Taskmaster so far.