Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

He looks rad as hell. Have him show up in that track suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He looks rad as hell. Have him show up in that track suit.

"I actually provide 32% of the total of human battery power to the machines."

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
In my head canon, Pee Wee’s Playhouse is just one version of fake reality made by The Matrix so Cowboy Curtis is who Morpheus thought he was before waking up.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Charlz Guybon posted:

It's the Matrix, so being fat shouldn't be the deal breaker, kung fu wise that is in the physical real world. Just throw down Kung Fu Panda style.

I guess. Sammo Hung is a man of some carriage and he's been doing that poo poo for years, after all.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Take it from me, not all fat guys are Hung.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Fishburne looking at the matrix and then saying "we are leaving" is what I would hope for

The gravity drive of the Event Horizon opened a portal to the Matrix universe, not hell—Morpheus is actually Sgt Miller.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

wuffles posted:

The gravity drive of the Event Horizon opened a portal to the Matrix universe, not hell—Morpheus is actually Sgt Miller.

If Naked Sam Neil Covered In Chaos Glyphs shows up, I’m in.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Before Orc Cop, there was Orc Samurai.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthU2bsh6Fs

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Does Bright even have a following?

Also, gently caress Max Landis, the smug, rapey, racist fuckwit waste of skin.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Every scene should feature a hidden Lawrence Fishburne cameo, in the background eating a hot dog

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I wish Landis wasn’t attached in any capacity but the guy loving wrote all this poo poo. I legit enjoyed the movie and understood it wasn’t for everyone. But his poo poo has just stunk more and more since.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ayer rewrote the script basically.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Martman posted:

Every scene should feature a hidden Lawrence Fishburne cameo, in the background eating a hot dog

They already do. It just needs a few takes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5GJLwWiYSg

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I mean that looks like one helluva production

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYvyucTJt-s

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

They really nailed mimicking the technicolor palette, especially on Maria and her apartment exterior.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

God drat.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, I was ready to hate this, because I'm not a huge fan of the original, and I don't think Spielberg has done much good recently. But even I have to admit that looks pretty amazing.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is getting teary weird?

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I like that Ansel only gets three words in the trailer. Almost feels like they're trying to hide him.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

kiimo posted:

Is getting teary weird?

Right? As much as I wanted to like the original, I kinda hated it. But this is the "do it again, but make me FEEL things" remake I might have been looking for. I have no idea why that trailer got me feeling so emotional as I've got no prior investment, but I'm a sucker for against the odds love stories. Spielberg's tendency towards schmaltz will be an asset rather than a hindrance here.

I mean, it's no Cats, but I'll take it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Parkingtigers posted:

I mean, it's no Cats, but I'll take it.

fun fact: both west side story and cats have the same production budget for removing the casts' visible buttholes with CGI

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ok but when are we getting musicals with huge buttholes?

...what do you mean, "have I ever gone to a musical"?

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
I’m not a fan of musicals but I have to admit they make for great trailers because of how dynamic the movement is.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I liked it the first time I saw it, back when it was called Romeo and Juliet :smugbert:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

edogawa rando posted:

I liked it the first time I saw it, back when it was called Romeo + Juliet :smugbert:

Fixed for the actual best version.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Jerkface posted:

fun fact: both west side story and cats have the same production budget for removing the casts' visible buttholes with CGI

lol

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

BonoMan posted:

I mean that looks like one helluva production

I mean Steven Spielberg is maybe the greatest single blocking+framing director in the history of the medium, a God of that poo poo, and as like the second most successful one of all time behind Cameron has masters of every craft on speed dial. If it looked bland I’d be worried the dude had unchecked dementia or something. Even The Post looks ridiculously good despite the movie being about as engaging as paste.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Fixed for the actual best version.

For me, it's live theatre, or nothing.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Colonel Whitey posted:

I like that Ansel only gets three words in the trailer. Almost feels like they're trying to hide him.

It's sorta weird that the whole pedophile rape thing got buried (probably because Elgort isn't a big name?), but I think that all came out after shooting and they couldn't Christopher Plummer him out.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

edogawa rando posted:

For me, it's live theatre, or nothing.

uh-huh, call me back when you watch a 12th century performance of Tristan and Isolde :rolleyes:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

For me, it's nothing.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Eggnogium posted:

They really nailed mimicking the technicolor palette, especially on Maria and her apartment exterior.

Seriously. On the first few frames I was kinda like ".... is this some uprezzed older footage?"

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

Speaking of Cats, was it just the lighting or did her face look deepfaked on at the beginning to anyone else?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
West Side Story is still probably a top ten musical and the film adaption is still incredible. This looks great too, and who doesn’t love Spielberg? I’m cautiously excited. Shame about Ansel. But what can you do.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Conrad_Birdie posted:

and who doesn’t love Spielberg?

I wish I liked him as much as everyone else does, I just never get the urge to rewatch the 80s/90s stuff he did that I saw growing up and not entirely sure why. Also, War of the Worlds.

Not that he hasn't done a lot of stuff I have enjoyed, mind. And sounds like this will be on my watchlist.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Eh...this was basically my reaction.

https://twitter.com/patrickhwillems/status/1438123921941975046

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Licorice Pizza gets a trailer tomorrow and we’re not allowed to watch it :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Conrad_Birdie posted:

and who doesn’t love Spielberg?

He's one of my least favorite directors ;)