Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Kivi posted:

2021 Giulia Super, base model (200 hp petrol AT8) with no options. It’s been fun although it sounds like dirty diesel on low revs.

Such a pretty car, good choice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

It is pretty! Is it fwd?

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care

Bape Culture posted:

It is pretty! Is it fwd?
RWD like all Giulias that are not AWD.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Do an burn oit

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa
Smart Alfa. The proportions look spot on in that photo.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Grill is way too small imo

OneSizeFitsAll
Sep 13, 2010

Du bist mein Sofa

The Big Jesus posted:

Grill is way too small imo

Do you work for BMW?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

OneSizeFitsAll posted:

Do you work for BMW?

No but I do drive a 3 series...

Jk the car is super pretty. I pitched getting a Giulia to a couple friends who were looking but no takers

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Blame Pyrrhus posted:

I did a thing where I bought an ugly car. With an equally ugly interior.

I really like how ugly the car is inside and out!

People thought the grill of the E9X was also ugly. Perhaps they were right, but I rather like mine a lot and I have been having a love affair with it this week.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Kivi posted:

2021 Giulia Super, base model (200 hp petrol AT8) with no options. It’s been fun although it sounds like dirty diesel on low revs.

Stunning car, nice choice.

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I really like how ugly the car is inside and out!

People thought the grill of the E9X was also ugly. Perhaps they were right, but I rather like mine a lot and I have been having a love affair with it this week.

That looks like the LCI version though, which was after they'd removed the stupid grille that looked like it had a moustache.

I hated the pre-LCI but loved the facelift (and owned an E91 330d for 3 years).

Captain Crabsticks
Feb 17, 2007

Thanks a lot guys I'm hella proud rn lmao, I love this fuckin car. I kinda unintentionally ended up with it (my 400$ copart bid won) and I have come to accept that I can't even leave a nice Sunday grandpa car alone if not given direct supervision. Wheels are coming over the winter, I'm currently deciding between JDM WORK varianza's or some 17-20in dayton-style wire wheels. Maybe even do the vogue gold stripe whitewalls on a set of refinished oem wheels???

Other than the bags and cosmetic stuff it has a reflash tune from northstar performance (super worth, these were significantly neutered w stock tune), upgraded engine mounts from same, custom true dual exhaust w 2x magnaflow hiflo cats 2x SLP loudmouth mufflers and factory tips, custom DSS axles, and ported heads, intake, and TB. 282whp up from a sickly 208whp stock.
I'd have done more but it doesn't exist yet, northstarperformance supposed to release "400hp" cams later this year so that's probably gonna happen, or an sts-v m122 blower if I can find one for like 1500 or less someone just shared the recipe for putting those on the fwd northstars (sts-v and xlr-v had a 450+hp 4.4l supercharged *northstar* in rwd platform, super weird and super rare)

Pics here if I figure out how to add more than 1

Darchangel posted:

Factory air ride with an aftermarket controller, or aftermarket all the way?

It's all aftermarket, stock system ripped out. Bag-over-strut all around with airtekk struts, with a full manual 'switches' type setup (also have a bluetooth control box for my phone). Dual viair 444c compressors, 8 solenoids (1 up 1 down each corner), 2x dual psi digi gauges and an AVS 9-rocker billet switchbox

dema posted:

Real talk though, how much do you get harassed by the police in that?

Somehow literally not at all, even when I drive it like, unsafely low (most of the time) they might just like wave at me or something

Oh and it's my daily lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain Crabsticks fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Sep 16, 2021

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Needs some bigass monoblocks of some flavor for that true USDM VIP Style.

That Caddy owns.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

That looks like the LCI version though, which was after they'd removed the stupid grille that looked like it had a moustache.

I hated the pre-LCI but loved the facelift (and owned an E91 330d for 3 years).

The E9x M3 never had a facelift because it was perfect from the start (it did get new taillights and new wheels and a couple of extremely minor interior tweaks.)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Did you buy a gt4 too?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Bape Culture posted:

Did you buy a gt4 too?
Iirc his friend kindly bought it to eat the depreciation for when EF is ready to buy it.

Given the way the car market has depreciation might never ever happen.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Captain Crabsticks posted:

Thanks a lot guys I'm hella proud rn lmao, I love this fuckin car. I kinda unintentionally ended up with it (my 400$ copart bid won) and I have come to accept that I can't even leave a nice Sunday grandpa car alone if not given direct supervision. Wheels are coming over the winter, I'm currently deciding between JDM WORK varianza's or some 17-20in dayton-style wire wheels. Maybe even do the vogue gold stripe whitewalls on a set of refinished oem wheels???

Other than the bags and cosmetic stuff it has a reflash tune from northstar performance (super worth, these were significantly neutered w stock tune), upgraded engine mounts from same, custom true dual exhaust w 2x magnaflow hiflo cats 2x SLP loudmouth mufflers and factory tips, custom DSS axles, and ported heads, intake, and TB. 282whp up from a sickly 208whp stock.
I'd have done more but it doesn't exist yet, northstarperformance supposed to release "400hp" cams later this year so that's probably gonna happen, or an sts-v m122 blower if I can find one for like 1500 or less someone just shared the recipe for putting those on the fwd northstars (sts-v and xlr-v had a 450+hp 4.4l supercharged *northstar* in rwd platform, super weird and super rare)

It's all aftermarket, stock system ripped out. Bag-over-strut all around with airtekk struts, with a full manual 'switches' type setup (also have a bluetooth control box for my phone). Dual viair 444c compressors, 8 solenoids (1 up 1 down each corner), 2x dual psi digi gauges and an AVS 9-rocker billet switchbox

Somehow literally not at all, even when I drive it like, unsafely low (most of the time) they might just like wave at me or something

Snow tires and bags all the way up for upcoming PA winter garbage roads?

I myself will be driving a lowered Mini Cooper S with lots of mods this winter thanks for asking.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 17, 2021

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
That caddy owns so much. Needs a fitting custom plate, say... ASSMAN

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

fuuuuuuck yes amazing

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Owns extremely hard for 400 bucks.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

I’ll be honest - there are a loooot of cool cars in AI but yours might be my favorite because it’s so unexpected. Goddamn, I cannot believe how good it looks lowered and add me on board to the Monoblock suggestion

I had a DTS as a rental maaany years ago and I don’t think I thought about it the minute it left my sight; the fact that I’m now lusting after the same grandpa mobile after all these years is amazing

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Updated my project thread as I did do something stupid

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927332&pagenumber=3#lastpost

Spoiler

Captain Crabsticks
Feb 17, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Snow tires and bags all the way up for upcoming PA winter garbage roads?
I haven't decided yet, I still have all the factory stuff and it would be super trivial to throw the stock struts back in and leave all the air management and lines where they are. I might just get a beater for my beater or buy a cleaner DTS and make that one fancy and this one normal 🤔

dts's are dumb cheap in general because everyone's scared of northstar head gaskets, but late 2005-up got LS9 head bolts that fixed it (don't tell nobody tho I like it like that)

The Big Jesus posted:

That caddy owns so much. Needs a fitting custom plate, say... ASSMAN
Big Agree, I'm thinking BAGDLAC but then it would be weird if I put stock struts back in over winter

dk2m posted:

I had a DTS as a rental maaany years ago and I don’t think I thought about it the minute it left my sight; the fact that I’m now lusting after the same grandpa mobile after all these years is amazing

If you can get over the fwd part they're dope cars, comfy with a breddy gud v8. Nobody ever has much bad to say about northstars other than the head gasket thing, they sound deece and pull ok at the top, midrange is kinda rear end w stock tune tho. The 4T80E is one of the stoutest fwd autos ever made too, turbo LS4 people use them for 700+ wheel applications somehow despite no upgrade parts existing(that I know of) so I guess they just take it. I surprise people with it occasionally, I beat an 08ish civic si the other day, I bet the dude was piiiiiiised lmao I wouldve

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh
My ride today:

One of two (2) Cruisers in my immediate family. This one is the mother-in-law's.

I feel so much more conspicuous in it - especially with the top down - than in my regular car

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Very cool!

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

is the head stud swap already done on that northstar?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Love that Caddy. I’d love to bag my Crown Vic like that. The back is easy - Civilian versions had OEM airbags. Air Ride Technologies makes struts for the Panthers. Maybe next project. :)
Speaking of STS-Vs, I had an opportunity to buy one for a reasonable price many years ago. I’d never seen one before, or heard of it, and was fascinated by a big (ish) RWD Caddy with a supercharged V8. Unfortunately, I couldn’t afford it at the time.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Fuckyeah I love your bagged Caddy.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Kilonum posted:

Largely a non-issue on the last few years after they switched to coarse threaded head bolts.

Captain Crabsticks
Feb 17, 2007

Kilonum posted:

Despite what the vendor may say, late 05-up doesn't need them, they upgraded them with the same head bolts as the ls9/zr1 engine which finally solved it. The original thread pitch was too fine and the threads pulled out of the block, the first revision made them slightly longer around 2001, but it wasn't actually fixed until the coarser, and longer still ls9 jawnnies in my body style

Edit: you son of a bitch

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Behold, the finest vehicle £300 can buy.

I have too many cars.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Bape Culture posted:

I have too many cars.

For £300? What's wrong with it?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Nothing. It needs a knock sensor and a driver side wing but it drives great. Sometimes you just get lucky I guess. The guy I got it off just couldn’t be arsed as the engine light came on and he just wanted it out of his way.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sometimes non-car people see a light come on the dash and just decide gently caress it, it's not worth the trouble for another trip to the mechanic to get scammed. that's how i bought my second civic, it had apparently been "nothing but headaches" (surprising for a civic), and one more check engine light tipped the owner over the edge. i plugged in my obd tool, seen p0420, paid the guy 1k, grabbed a cheap O2 sensor from napa, and was on the road safetied all in the same day. owned that car for 3 years and only ever did oil changes and brakes and bought 1 set of 4 tires for it

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

£300 EP3 is a loving steal. My best was a £350 GS300, speedo didn't work but pff, who needs it?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Bape Culture posted:

Nothing. It needs a knock sensor and a driver side wing but it drives great. Sometimes you just get lucky I guess. The guy I got it off just couldn’t be arsed as the engine light came on and he just wanted it out of his way.

Yay! You finally have a nice car!

Do a burnout.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Bape Culture posted:

I have too many cars.

gently caress. We didn’t even get the a Type R EP3 in the US but I’m jealous af. I have an Si EP3 and the extra 40hp would definitely be nice.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bape Culture posted:

I have too many cars.

Hellll yeah.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Type R EP3 were very popular in the UK, saw them everywhere. I was the fucker with a JDM DC5 Integra :smug:ing up at meets tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Kivi posted:

It’s been fun although it sounds like dirty diesel on low revs.

Something about direct injection makes my Cayman sound like a washing machine full of hammers at idle too. Startups make onlookers pog out of their minds even though I have the completely stock non-PSE exhaust.

Some dumb pictures for the thread from today's sunset run full of maximum iso grain and maybe some new stickers: