Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

trade watkins lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

trade watkins lol

If he's healthy midseason and has done ok...maybe get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him from a team who needs him.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

If he's healthy midseason and has done ok...maybe get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him from a team who needs him.

okay come on. you don't really think watkins is gonna garner that return.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

okay come on. you don't really think watkins is gonna garner that return.

I'm saying in a scenario where we are garbage but he looks really good. And then the trade deadline is around and some contender needs extra offense. Yeah I think they'd give up a 2nd or 3rd rounder in that context.

He has to stay healthy and play well. But if he does it could happen.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im thinking watkins and a conditional 7th should get us an upper echelon RT pretty easily

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

DeCosta gonna get the entire 4th round next year

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

I can't believe people still interact with such an obvious gimmick account that posts such blatantly bad and wrong things purely to get a reaction.

Of course nobody believes Watkins is worth a 2nd or 3rd. Come on.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

every comp pick is another starting tackle

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

DeCosta gonna get the entire 4th round next year

There's no point to all these late round draft picks DeCosta acquires. You don't need excess 4th and beyond picks. You want them there yes. But you don't need a million of them. You can only keep 53 guys. So you can have 15 fourth round picks and it's not gonna do you much good.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Doctor Syrup posted:

I can't believe people still interact with such an obvious gimmick account that posts such blatantly bad and wrong things purely to get a reaction.

I don't think he's worth that no. I'm specifically talking about if he plays well and stays healthy around the trade deadline. Then yes I think a team would give up more than he's worth due to need.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Doctor Syrup posted:

shut up and get out

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Doctor Syrup posted:

You're no Pop Dog

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

theres a world in which the ravens adjust well enough to knowing they have on average 0 seconds before a free rusher slams into lamar and blunt the rush with well timed counters while lamar also gets better at pocket presence to punish undisciplined rushers but i don't think its likely

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I don't think he's worth that no. I'm specifically talking about if he plays well and stays healthy around the trade deadline. Then yes I think a team would give up more than he's worth due to need.

I completely and totally disagree and don't think he'd get a return like that even if he lit the world on fire and teams were super desperate. Julio Jones went for a second and fourth, and Watkins isn't anywhere close to that good even in this hypothetical scenario. The absolute most I think he'd get is a 4th, realistically a 5th.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Doctor Syrup posted:

I completely and totally disagree and don't think he'd get a return like that even if he lit the world on fire and teams were super desperate. Julio Jones went for a second and fourth, and Watkins isn't anywhere close to that good even in this hypothetical scenario. The absolute most I think he'd get is a 4th, realistically a 5th.

I think there is a difference between a midseason trade deadline deal and an offseason trade. On a midseason trade deadline sort of deal you have a known contender trying to increase their odds at a Superbowl with a guy who is already playing well. In the offseason there's less of the urgency factor. And you can't be 100% sure what kind of year a player will have.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

do u think sammy is enough of a curse breaker to get a 2nd kawa

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

You're no Pop Dog

Pop Dog and Kawalimus are two halves of the same whole. I don't see why anyone else humors the sad bird man who posts silly things but he's pretty much the AFCN thread mascot at this point so whatever, I'll stop posting about posting and post about football.

gently caress yeah football. It's good.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm in the market for a wr. thinking about spending about the same as what julio jones garnered, but it needs to be someone who had a "hot" game in their last game, which is how you tell if someone is really good or a piece of bull poo poo

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i always suspected i was the half of the whole that was way better at video games but kawa confirmed it Monday night

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Doctor Syrup posted:

Get out of here Doctor Syrup!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

i always suspected i was the half of the whole that was way better at video games but kawa confirmed it Monday night

I'm good at some types of games. Just not shooter types at all. But we do seem to have polar opposite taste in video games.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I'm good at some types of games. Just not shooter types at all. But we do seem to have polar opposite taste in video games.

which games do you enjoy? :)

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

I think there is a difference between a midseason trade deadline deal and an offseason trade. On a midseason trade deadline sort of deal you have a known contender trying to increase their odds at a Superbowl with a guy who is already playing well. In the offseason there's less of the urgency factor. And you can't be 100% sure what kind of year a player will have.

I see your point about midseason vs offseason but Sammy Watkins is a pretty well-known quantity and I don't think he'll just suddenly play well above his usual level, especially on a Raven's offense that isn't exactly focused on the pass. Also I always confuse him with Stevie Johnson who famously tweeted at god after dropping a pass, so there's that.

Also sorry for the gimmick comment, you went right into actual good football discussion mode after that and I was probably too harsh on your opinion.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

which games do you enjoy? :)

Mostly single player stuff. I like roguelites. I used to like JRPGs when I was a kid. I liked Sekiro a lot! And Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2 on xbox. And I like to play Riichi Mahjong. That's a few things.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

we both liked dragon age origins i think, i remember talking to you while i did my playthrough

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

we both liked dragon age origins i think, i remember talking to you while i did my playthrough

I only played it for a second. These long RPG type games I can rarely do anymore. I do think it's a good game. I told you how I played as some pauper dwarf and his prostitute girlfriend.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ghost Dog posted:

Weird flex but ok

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I heard Kawalimus is like 7k mmr in Dota 2 but doesn't like to talk about it

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I feel like Kawalimus would crush Pokemon Snap

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I feel like Kawalimus would crush Pokemon Snap

I did play that back in the day cause my sisters had it :D

Don't care much for pokemon though overall.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

1-0 teams rise up

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Kawalimus is a big fan of doki doki literature club

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
If only the ravens had learned their Summer Lesson like the steelers and their fans

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Metapod posted:

I did like that game a lot!! I like visual novels. My favorite game was when it was 999 and Pop Dog made fun of me for playing it during the Ravens game. The weirder they are the better.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Metapod posted:

Kawamari Damacy, rolling up all the WRs and LBs

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Time posted:

shut up and get out

wtf? I thought this forum was supposed to be chill. This is not being excellent to each other.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

There's no point to all these late round draft picks DeCosta acquires. You don't need excess 4th and beyond picks. You want them there yes. But you don't need a million of them. You can only keep 53 guys. So you can have 15 fourth round picks and it's not gonna do you much good.

Most of the Ravens depth are built on those picks dude. Can you please read anything other than the 2002 Ravens wikipedia page.

After the 2011 CBA, hitting on rookie picks has been one of the most crucial elements to building a roster. Its a bunch of cheap players that can potentially play well. And there's no actual guarantee to who can play well (even if you do have a good developmental staff) so you want a lot of picks so that you have more shots at landing a good player, to say nothing of the flexibility that it gives you to move up or down or get other players or get more picks next year etc.

What's going on here? You think that Watkins is going to get a 2nd round pick 'if he stays healthy and plays well'. You hate getting more draft picks. You want Ozzie Newsome fired. You doing okay? Everything alright at home?

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Borsche69 posted:

Most of the Ravens depth are built on those picks dude. Can you please read anything other than the 2002 Ravens wikipedia page.

After the 2011 CBA, hitting on rookie picks has been one of the most crucial elements to building a roster. Its a bunch of cheap players that can potentially play well. And there's no actual guarantee to who can play well (even if you do have a good developmental staff) so you want a lot of picks so that you have more shots at landing a good player, to say nothing of the flexibility that it gives you to move up or down or get other players or get more picks next year etc.

What's going on here? You think that Watkins is going to get a 2nd round pick 'if he stays healthy and plays well'. You hate getting more draft picks. You want Ozzie Newsome fired. You doing okay? Everything alright at home?

are you new here

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

when i have questions about kawalimus home i ask cavauro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

a patagonian cavy posted:

are you new here

Are you?