Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Liberals should just replay this clip over and over in their ads
https://twitter.com/WaytowichNeil/status/1431007242703212544

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Sep 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Is "woke" the new pejorative to replace "SJWs!" for right-wingers now?

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Is "woke" the new pejorative to replace "SJWs!" for right-wingers now?

Yup has been for about a year now.

Jam Band Death Cult
Feb 29, 2008

I'm Very Glad I'm Going To Be An Earl
The fact that Legault used it that way is kind of unexpected, he's visibly blundering constantly but I don't see him angry very often.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ZeeBoi posted:

Goddamn. That's aged well, eh?

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Decided to watch this hour has 22 minutes season premier.

cripse it is unfunny.

They did an interview and sorry Jagmeet, but the only heterosexual man I know that can wear pink is Bret Hart.

and just as I say it they superimpose Chrietian on Bret Hart's body: well played.

I kinda liked the political leaders as supervillains.

O'Tool: Luthor or Reed Richards
Yves Blanchet: Thanos (trying to erase half of canada)
Arnnamie Paul: Wonder Woman (with the gag being I wonder whom she is).
Jagmeet Singh: Magneto (darm he may have won my pro mutant vote).
Trudeau: Two Face (with alt choice of Flash because he's always running away at light speed)

and then it makes a horrible heartland joke with absolutely no idea how to tell a joke about Alberta.

Then they have in search of O'Tool: only thing I remember is he apparently built a fish spawn grounds.

Then a forgetable musical number that was not funny.

Then they somehow get Trudeau and decide to make a beard joke...badly.

There were other attempts at jokes, but non memorable.

So Meh

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

ARACHTION posted:

To me, the video of the CPC dude who didn’t want to answer the question seemed to be for fear of offending the PPC vote and highlights the potential of the PPC taking over the party in a couple of election cycles if CPC eats poo poo and PPC makes gains. This is a temporarily fractured electorate and the lols from right vote splitting is not worth those lunatics taking over the asylum.

Didn't need the video to know that.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Conservative_Party_of_Canada_leadership_election#Full_results
Maxime Bernier 49.05% final vote, leading in all previous rounds. If he had stayed he'd probably be leading the cons right now.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ZeeBoi posted:

Oh come on, O'Toole's held like eight different positions between when he recorded that and now. You can't hold that against him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

shades of eternity posted:

Decided to watch this hour has 22 minutes

I've found the point where things went wrong for you.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Jam Band Death Cult posted:

The fact that Legault used it that way is kind of unexpected, he's visibly blundering constantly but I don't see him angry very often.

Legault is basically Bock-Côté with actual power, so that’s not surprising.

And as to your original post, GND is actually alright. Smoked a joint with him in 2012. He was power tripping a bit due to his sudden fame, but I have no doubts about his good intentions.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Starks posted:

He literally cannot answer the question “what’s the difference between the CPC and the PPC” because it’s too hard for him, by his own admission

“The PPC is a splinter of the CPC that is tired of not being able to say the quiet part out loud.”

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Lol the albertain chuds are shutting themselves rn

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Shannon Martin didn't meet the requirements to run for Manitoba PC Party Leader so the three candidates are Shelly Glover, Heather Stefanson and Ken Lee. All three are opposed to vaccine passports, mandates, restrictions and mask mandates so I guess we can all go gently caress ourselves.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DariusLikewise posted:

Shannon Martin didn't meet the requirements to run for Manitoba PC Party Leader so the three candidates are Shelly Glover, Heather Stefanson and Ken Lee. All three are opposed to vaccine passports, mandates, restrictions and mask mandates so I guess we can all go gently caress ourselves.

All ghouls - all shitheads. I hope to hell this loving province keeps them out after the disaster of Pallister.

Also the rest of the country only needs to look at Alberta to see what Erin O'Toole would do. The Liberals just need to hammer that in - which I think they have started doing since Trudeau called out Kenney.

gently caress - feel for the sane Albertans. What a piece of poo poo right wing hellhole.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Oh PLEASE let the first action of the new federal government be implementing a country-wide mask mandate and vaccine passport requirement...

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I hate it here. I hope Jason Kenney dies a very painful death soon.

Albino Squirrel
Apr 25, 2003

Miosis more like meiosis

Vintersorg posted:

gently caress - feel for the sane Albertans. What a piece of poo poo right wing hellhole.
People ask me why I stay here, and sometimes it's like, 'if everybody who is cool and good leaves, and there are a few of us, it's just gonna be CHUDs left!'

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But last night Kenney said to give your thoughts and prayers to Albertans who have different opinions than you! What more can we do?????

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

i am 100% praying for Alberta, though maybe not for the outcome Kenney has in mind.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Some real Zap Branagan energy. "We'll hit the virus' kill limit!"

Also: "Here's a recovery plan with some chest hair on it" -crosses out all pandemic measures-

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Alberta's UCP Party website is currently down.

Also the Journalists were taking swipes at O'Toole this morning.

https://twitter.com/Travisdhanraj/status/1438507996099739654

At one point it sounds like O'Toole's entourage took a page from Doug Ford and started clapping loudly to drown out questions.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Sep 16, 2021

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

The Universal Corona-virus Party.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Arc Hammer posted:

But last night Kenney said to give your thoughts and prayers to Albertans who have different opinions than you! What more can we do?????

How about instead of thoughts and prayers, I kick them in the cock and balls?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

DariusLikewise posted:

Alledgedly Ken Lee has signed up 4,000 new PC party memberships that are mostly PPC types. The last PC leadership was in 2006(Brian Pallister was acclimated as leader in 2012) and that only had 9000 total votes so get ready for a close rear end race that everyone thought was a lay up for Heather Stefanson.

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!

PT6A posted:

I hate it here. I hope Jason Kenney dies a very painful death soon.

Listening to the conference yesterday was pretty cathartic, the media questions were full of vitriol.

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

shades of eternity posted:

Decided to watch this hour has 22 minutes season premier.

I'm not exaggerating I legitimately thought they cancelled that show 10+ years ago. Did they bring it back after a long break or has it just been always on, broadcasting to no one like a forgotten Soviet numbers station.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Frank Dillinger posted:

Listening to the conference yesterday was pretty cathartic, the media questions were full of vitriol.

Sadly, words will never hurt them. Dr. Yiu (responsible for AHS) looked completely defeated and overwhelmed, meanwhile those three loving clowns are up their giggling and loving scolding us for their abject failure to do a single goddamn thing for 18 goddamn months. 18 months and they've learned nothing you could train a loving Dalmatian faster than that.

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.

ghosthorse posted:

I'm not exaggerating I legitimately thought they cancelled that show 10+ years ago. Did they bring it back after a long break or has it just been always on, broadcasting to no one like a forgotten Soviet numbers station.

You might be thinking Air Farce? I think 22 Minutes has been on the air since I was a kid 75 years ago and it still had a “This Hour Has” in its name.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Oxyclean posted:

Some real Zap Branagan energy. "We'll hit the virus' kill limit!"

Also: "Here's a recovery plan with some chest hair on it" -crosses out all pandemic measures-

https://twitter.com/BrcDi4/status/1438330497537503239?s=20

lol

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Can someone let me know if Letterkenny is doing ok? It’s very important Bonnie McMurray is safe.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

ghosthorse posted:

I mean you'd be forgiven for thinking that since interest dropped off a cliff after Rick Mercer left the show 20 years ago. I do like Mark Critch but it's mainly for heckling politicians rather than sketch comedy.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Gatts posted:

Can someone let me know if Letterkenny is doing ok? It’s very important Bonnie McMurray is safe.

IIRC they finished filming another couple of seasons over the summer.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

IIRC they finished filming another couple of seasons over the summer.

Awesome. Thank you.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/1438534932624809990?s=19

These were the best names they could come up with?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I admit I’m not sure why change the names but maybe they should have let people vote the names and write in.

We could get stabby mcstab-face vaccine.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Gatts posted:

I admit I’m not sure why change the names but maybe they should have let people vote the names and write in.

Trademark thing probably. Can't just trademark "The Pfizer vaccine" (nor would you want to in case you develop more than one vaccine) and nobody is going to remember "BNT162b2".

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Gatts posted:

Goose Joose
Hit me up with a booster of that Goose Joose so that my balls will swell with impotent rage.

All in person clases at my work have been cancelled for the rest of the week. But they're saying some classes will probably be back in-person next week. Which means they're not going to let me work from home.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo I realized whoever the cons in MB pick will actually be in power for 2 years.

Jesus loving christ. A sense of dread just took over me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v6GFsQQ1Qc

Possibly cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

Holy poo poo I realized whoever the cons in MB pick will actually be in power for 2 years.

Jesus loving christ. A sense of dread just took over me.

Today is a good day for existential dread.