Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favourite number
This poll is closed.
835 3 2.29%
2 14 10.69%
3,400,981 17 12.98%
11 19 14.50%
21 13 9.92%
7070 12 9.16%
58008 53 40.46%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I wonder if EA is much better, ignorance is bliss I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean the other big indie skate games ARE Skates, but I want a Tony Hawk with a story mode

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I played some Skatebird tonight, I am really disappointed to report that this game kinda super sucks. :(

What's wrong with it?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
looks like the incels/reactionaries have already found a woman to be mad at over the KOTOR remake, they're getting the hate train started early on this one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The United States posted:

looks like the incels/reactionaries have already found a woman to be mad at over the KOTOR remake, they're getting the hate train started early on this one

Didnt the lead writer say they hate KOTOR and the story though? Not really sure why they are on this project.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Didnt the lead writer say they hate KOTOR and the story though? Not really sure why they are on this project.

Where'd she say that? After entire minutes of searching this joke is the closest I could find:

https://twitter.com/GamerTakes/status/1436575510545436672?s=19

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I played some Skatebird tonight, I am really disappointed to report that this game kinda super sucks. :(

I just googled Skatebird out of curiosity and one of the first videos that popped up was an IGN review video posted 16 minutes ago that described it as "a little bit like a Photoshop Phriday pun parody come to life".

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

I said come in! posted:

Why would KOTOR be anyone's favorite when the superior KOTOR II exists

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Redezga posted:

I just googled Skatebird out of curiosity and one of the first videos that popped up was an IGN review video posted 16 minutes ago that described it as "a little bit like a Photoshop Phriday pun parody come to life".

This makes sense as former Games mod Shalinor is one of the developers :)

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Haha, the reference popped out for me so I figured at the least the reviewer perhaps is or was on this forum themselves.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

goons everywhere! :argh:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Just started Deathloop and a little disappointed. The game doesn't acknowledge if you don't kill anyone or don't pick up the gun or knife. It even says I have a gun and grenades but I don't. I've just got a cartoon hackerman radio and a kick button! edit: they dump them onto you if you skipped them all

As lame as that is, I'm glad that between this and Death of the Outsider they finally realized that giving the player all these awesome murder powers but then punishing and judging you for using them kinda sucks.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

people always freak out about that in dishonored but, is it really punishment? for one you gotta kill an absolute assload of people to get on the high chaos route in the first place and, the last level on the high chaos route is more fun anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

people always freak out about that in dishonored but, is it really punishment? for one you gotta kill an absolute assload of people to get on the high chaos route in the first place and, the last level on the high chaos route is more fun anyway

People don't know how much they can kill beforehand though and it has a bunch of story implications if you do do it. Generally people don't want an ending to a game where everything sucks and everyone is miserable when a better one exist.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it tells you which route you're on though after every mission

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

homeless snail posted:

Calling it a punishment is a bit whack to me, its really a reward since you can play it again on the other path

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

homeless snail posted:

it tells you which route you're on though after every mission

When you are playing for the first time you do not know if being occasionally high chaos is going to effect things later

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"high chaos" is a cool name for a thing. Makes me wanna do it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Calling it a punishment is a bit whack to me, its really a reward since you can play it again on the other path

Very few people go through a game multiple times

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am going to be playing deathloop next in order for all the goons to troll me into the ground on stream. So I have, just for the moment, bumped FFVIIoriginal back.

I never get to experience new no stuff with people, I always play years after the fact where people know everything or are super good. It is going to be excellent and such a change up for me. Gives me something to expect for Elden Ring too.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
vg ad me on steam i'll for sure help out and not immediately try to kick you off a cliff

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Andrast posted:

Very few people go through a game multiple times

I fully accept im probably the only idiot in this thread that's played dishonored more than twice

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i played it, at least 4 times

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

So I have, just for the moment, bumped FFVIIoriginal back.

I... I understand... :negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

There are very few games even among the ones I really like where I find every moment enjoyable enough to replay. Almost inevitably there's one section where I'm like "oh yeah this part sucked" and just kind of drop a replay.

Except of course for modern sidescrolling classic STREETS OF RAGE 4: MR X NIGHTMARE, available now on all major platforms!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Relax Or DIE posted:

vg ad me on steam i'll for sure help out and not immediately try to kick you off a cliff

I will be playing it on ps5. (I do not play fps games on console so am extra challenging myself) Does it have cross play?

Rarity posted:

I am so sorry :( I know. I promise it is next and there is nothing coming out that can get in the way. Deathloop should be much shorter than ffvii too so putting them this way round makes the most sense for me to get into the multiplayer.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

I am so sorry :(

There is no need to apologise for playing the games that make you happy :hai:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i do not accept your apology

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

homeless snail posted:

i do not accept your apology

Do you accept american express?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Where do you stream, VG?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Do you accept american express?
i dont but paypal does. thanks for funding the minecraft server

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

AceOfFlames posted:

Where do you stream, VG?

On twitch :) every tuesday eve, fri eve and sun afternoon. Currently in the middle of It Takes Two with Lady VG and then starting Deathloop - maybe late Sunday if we blast through the rest of the game on Friday night.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Rarity posted:

Make a post in state of games

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I really need to make note of when that is for me so I can remember to tune in!!

wednesday and saturday mornings, i think? and sunday..... over night probably.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

wuggles posted:

Make a post in state of games

I had a peak in that thread and it looked very dramatic so I made my peace and left

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

who was the rereg. tell us

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

oddium posted:

who was the rereg. tell us

Even the mods don’t know :negative:

The admins only tell us who a rereg is if they’re someone evading a punishment and it appears they aren’t?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

sorry. it was me, i accidentally logged onto my alt account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Harrow posted:

Even the mods don’t know :negative:

The admins only tell us who a rereg is if they’re someone evading a punishment and it appears they aren’t?

i acknowledge your answer. but i do not accept it