Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/farnazfassihi/status/1438234600703209475?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh wow the shooting stopped when the USA left ?

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

euphronius posted:

oh wow the shooting stopped when the USA left ?

Utter disaster for women’s rights.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hmm i wonder why that is

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

maybe america should take a page from the Taliban if they are serious about winning the war on drugs, but they’re losing that too.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Agrajag posted:

Hmm i wonder why that is

because the taliban made all the female soldiers put away their guns

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

quote:

Mr. Ayoubi said his brother Assad was in the ninth grade when the Afghan and American armies came to the district, looking for a Taliban commander who went by the same name. They grabbed his brother instead, he said, and took him to Bagram prison, notorious for its harsh treatment of prisoners, where he was tortured.

“It took us four months before we found him,” Mr. Ayoubi said. “When we went to visit him in Bagram, he shouted at me with chains on his legs and handcuffs around his wrists.”

After 18 months, Assad was released. Because of how angry he was, Mr. Ayoubi said, he joined a local Taliban commander named Ghulam Ali. He became an expert in shooting Kalashnikovs and rocket-propelled grenades. On his phone, Mr. Ayoubi has a grainy image taken from a video. It showed an unrecognizable man enveloped by fire, smoke and dust.

The actions of the US and its international and local allies literally funded, manned, and equipped the Taliban. The Taliban as it exists today would not exist without the US and others.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

new apocalypse now sounds real good

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

*marines flipping through phonebook* oh poo poo we can nab the lion of damascus himself let's roll

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Vomik posted:

*marines flipping through phonebook* oh poo poo we can nab the lion of damascus himself let's roll

people getting abducted, imprisoned, and tortured for years because they happen to share the name of someone on a wanted list is a story as old as the invasion. the person on the list is a hardened, adult taliban commander but the person brought in is a literal child. who cares, the name is the same.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

I feel for those people who have nothing to tell but the truth and so are disbelieved and marked as hardened fanatics by their captors and tortures.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

bedpan posted:

I feel for those people who have nothing to tell but the truth and so are disbelieved and marked as hardened fanatics by their captors and tortures.

It's more paperwork to release them than to just keep torturing them.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

bedpan posted:

The actions of the US and its international and local allies literally funded, manned, and equipped the Taliban. The Taliban as it exists today would not exist without the US and others.

In sort of a comical literal way now that they're all rolling around in the gear we bought for the ANA yeah

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Raskolnikov38 posted:

they'll have giant radiological exclusion zones around them

Deep diving a sunken nuclear reactor, hoping containment still holds

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

StashAugustine posted:

big fan of the guy who inadvertently set a depth record trying to dredge up the people who died in an attempt to set the record themselves, and then went on to die in an attempt to break his own record

It was even dumber; some guy died trying to set a record and so this other guy became obsessed with recovering the corpse and then died in the attempt. But he did manage to cut the corpse free and eventually both corpses floated to the surface... so success!

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

sullat posted:

It was even dumber; some guy died trying to set a record and so this other guy became obsessed with recovering the corpse and then died in the attempt. But he did manage to cut the corpse free and eventually both corpses floated to the surface... so success!

better than pig poo poo fume chain death I suppose

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

eSports Chaebol posted:

better than pig poo poo fume chain death I suppose

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
it was insane to read about that the first time lmfao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

sullat posted:

Even dumber because it was all cave diving

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Jose posted:

Even dumber because it was all cave diving

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The Oldest Man posted:

In sort of a comical literal way now that they're all rolling around in the gear we bought for the ANA yeah

The Taliban was one of the biggest parties in terms of receiving US Military aid.

I'm pretty sure all the captured equipment is at least in the billions for the total order of magnitude.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I like that we outfitted both the original recipe and extra crispy Talibans. In another 20 years we can pay for the rotisserie Taliban as well.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

galagazombie posted:

I like that we outfitted both the original recipe and extra crispy Talibans. In another 20 years we can pay for the rotisserie Taliban as well.

In 20 years there will be an another TSMC, except the T is Taliban

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Lol

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This is actually a similar schooling experience to the one you'll get in Hassidic Jewish community here in the States.

Doesn't make it any less a terrible practice.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
lol

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

lmao

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

FormaldehydeSon
Oct 1, 2011

Sound on btw

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Horrorosaurus posted:

Doesn't make it any less a terrible practice.

yah, sure. Just pointing out that it's not some unique evil Muslim plot.

exe cummings
Jan 22, 2005

Cpt_Obvious posted:

yah, sure. Just pointing out that it's not some unique evil Muslim plot.

Given a chance, Evangelical Christians in America would implement something similar.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

yard salad posted:

Given a chance, Evangelical Christians in America would implement something similar.

y'all qaeda anger over taliban, was how the Taliban closed the deal on creating a male dominated theocratic nation state.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

etalian posted:

y'all qaeda

embarrassing

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

paul_soccer12 posted:

embarrassing

do you prefer vanilla ISIS

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

yard salad posted:

don't have to give them a chance - many religious schools are segregated by sex

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1438567130262351874?s=20