Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Haha, I remember him pulling the same poo poo last year when he thought Biden would make him Labor Secretary.

He spent the entire campaign for mayor here in NYC saying the dumbest loving thing possible at every opportunity.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You guys are making me Yangry

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I, too, called the Department of Labor and complained about WWE to an underpaid Fed who definitely cares about what I have to say.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'll believe that the US government will side with labor over capital when I see it, and if it by some miracle actually happens I highly doubt that some nobody like Yang is the guy who will bring that about.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Dems won’t even side with labor on the higher minimum wage they openly campaigned for before winning everything

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Haha, I remember him pulling the same poo poo last year when he thought Biden would make him Labor Secretary.

He spent the entire campaign for mayor here in NYC saying the dumbest loving thing possible at every opportunity.

yea it was pretty inspiring how he started out the race with a huge name recognition lead and didn't even end up competitive bc every single day he would say the absolute dumbest poo poo you've ever heard until the thing hed say the next day

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

At this point if you go into WWE not knowing that your contract is basically illegal, that’s on you.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

"It was an average day for the Yang campaign. Andrew's statements were more outlandish than the ones he made yesterday, but on the positive side they were less outlandish than the ones he would make tomorrow."

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

the meeting where he agreed to drop out and endorse Biden must have been some of the dumbest negotiating in history so he'll fit right in with WWE guys

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:sickos:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yang getting scolded by people in Astoria for his comments about the Israel/Palestine conflict brought me much joy. He looked so stupid.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

hey if destroying wwe is part of his ma'ath's party platform i'll register to vote for it

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Jabronie Yang doesn’t know it a work when he works a work and works himself into a shoot,marks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

shiksa posted:

yea it was pretty inspiring how he started out the race with a huge name recognition lead and didn't even end up competitive bc every single day he would say the absolute dumbest poo poo you've ever heard until the thing hed say the next day

dont forgot the day he had chicken soup that was just a whole chicken breast in broth

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Are all wrestlers considered independent contractors or just WWE? What do AEW consider its wrestlers? Or ROH or Impact or NWA? Honest question

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shard posted:

Are all wrestlers considered independent contractors or just WWE? What do AEW consider its wrestlers? Or ROH or Impact or NWA? Honest question

All are "independent contractors", I think the difference is only WWE puts insane restrictions on them. Like people in those other promotions can take bookings elsewhere, or have other means of income.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Davros1 posted:

All are "independent contractors", I think the difference is only WWE puts insane restrictions on them. Like people in those other promotions can take bookings elsewhere, or have other means of income.

Got you so they actually treat them as independent contractors as opposed to employees which WWE does without actually giving them the benefits of being an employee

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Shard posted:

Got you so they actually treat them as independent contractors as opposed to employees which WWE does without actually giving them the benefits of being an employee

Yup

https://twitter.com/davidbix/status/1438530420640043019?s=20

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Officer down at six and temple… The yang gang the yang gang!!!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress Andrew Yang but hey I hope something actually comes from this

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

WWE treats their independent contractors like they’re employees without giving the same rights and benefits of an actual employee. This is super illegal, but nobody cares about wrestling so nothing gets done. This is also why WWE got away with having a monopoly for decades.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Andrew Yang is going to sign with WWE. Get worked, marks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Chris James 2 posted:

The Dems won’t even side with labor on the higher minimum wage they openly campaigned for before winning everything

It's the exact same as WWE booking. They keep insisting we get interested on these loser babyfaces, that this storyline where they keep getting their asses beat will lead somewhere. Then it's finally time to put the belt on 'em and they just keep jobbing and forgetting all the storylines they were building up with their promos. And don't get me started on "babyfaces"/dems never working together while the heels always show genuine teamwork and friendship.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Vince should just give Andrew Yang a guest spot on Raw and he'll stop raising a stink about this

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Just want to say that money in the bank is a poo poo gimmick that makes new champs feel diminished because it leads to unfair victories that don’t make sense for faces. Don’t feel like new champs via mitb hang out in the main event scene once they lose it later.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Faustian Bargain posted:

Just want to say that money in the bank is a poo poo gimmick that makes new champs feel diminished because it leads to unfair victories that don’t make sense for faces. Don’t feel like new champs via mitb hang out in the main event scene once they lose it later.

I think it's a good gimmick, but it shouldn't be every year and it only works if the titles mean something. Some popular rando from the midcard can just pop out one weekend and challenge the champ the following week. But again, titles mean to be protected and defended rarely for something like that to work.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
There's a "Universal Basic Catering" joke here somewhere.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
WWE to respond with a parody sketch starring this man.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

BGrifter posted:

WWE to respond with a parody sketch starring this man.

Wait - he's a cowboy. Why does he have the confederate battle flag behind him in is titantron? Is he supposed to be a racist cowboy?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Shard posted:

Wait - he's a cowboy. Why does he have the confederate battle flag behind him in is titantron? Is he supposed to be a racist cowboy?

This was like mid-2000s right? I think there was still a lingering public perspective that the Civil War was just a goshdarn gentlemen's disagreement over state's rights, which is what that flag represented and not slavery.

Also it's the WWE.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

https://twitter.com/wrestlinginc/status/1438498793641578505?s=21

Every single part of this guy’s moves, music, gear and overall presentation is based on him being a Steiner and they pull this.

It’d be like if Charlotte couldn’t use the Flair name despite literally every aspect of her character being a reference to Ric.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Roman Reigns posted:

This was like mid-2000s right? I think there was still a lingering public perspective that the Civil War was just a goshdarn gentlemen's disagreement over state's rights, which is what that flag represented and not slavery.

Also it's the WWE.

Growing up in New Orleans since the 80s I just want to put it out there that we all knew if you saw someone with that drat flag they were a racist. It was just known.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Perhaps Bron is unrecognizable.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dacap posted:

Every single part of this guy’s moves, music, gear and overall presentation is based on him being a Steiner and they pull this.

It’d be like if Charlotte couldn’t use the Flair name despite literally every aspect of her character being a reference to Ric.

Can they say he reminds them of the Steiners? Like how JR or Jericho will say someone reminds them of insert 70s wrestler

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Wouldn’t want some unchecked nepotism in WWE. Might be bad for business.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Man I will say what I kinda miss a lot as far as WWE adjacent programming is when Sheamus was on the mend and he would just pall around with different wrestlers and they would explain their routines going from something fairly vanilla like Carmella's workout, to some CrossFit stuff with Cesaro, Becky and Seth, to just that insane two part Cena work out (first part just cardio warm up and stretching, and THEN the actual workout, to Samoa Joe's really weird medieval bowling pin workout strategy. :smith:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Dacap posted:

There is no logical rationale to do this, but the only reason I can think of that they would give is "we don't like Scott Steiner and don't want the Steiners to be mentioned at all." But that doesn't explain why you basically make him a Steiner without the name; that just invokes it even more.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Dacap posted:

Wouldn't NXT's primary demographic of 65-year-old white guys napping with the TV on actually have fond memories of the Steiners? And NXT's secondary demographic of 40-year-old chuds have fond memories of the Big Poppa Pump run? So strange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

As someone else said earlier, it’s because they want to own him. Steiners were bigger outside WWE.