Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
Healthcare professionals and government officials trying to damage control Nicki Minaj' cousins gonorrhoea balls is the spicy content I wanted at the near finish line of 2021.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

She was suspended, not banned, which is what the headline says.

Also lol that that's the only thing you take away from that headline.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."

Covid is stored in the balls!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tormented posted:

Covid is stored in the balls!

Ahem, *vaccine* is stored in the balls :colbert:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A White House official had to release a statement clarifying the situation re: Nicki Minaj's cousin's friend's swollen testicles

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/1438289486765510656?r

Joker laugh intensifies

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ahem, *vaccine* is stored in the balls :colbert:

Covid is all up in them balls.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41423-020-00604-5
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/eclinm/article/PIIS2589-5370(20)30415-6/fulltext
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7377719/
Etc etc etc

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Yes, I was just indulging the lunacy of the Nicki Minaj's Cousin's Friend's Balls discourse fwiw

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Is this a different coconut oil study? Looks like it does help covid although it wasn't a blind study. Virgin Coconut oil has a lot of great properties so it shouldn't be a surprise that it can help. It also makes a great mouthwash, i think it's better than listerine.

This study evaluated the effects of VCO given to suspect and probable cases of COVID-19 in isolation facilities. Overall, the VCO group showed more rapid relief from symptoms of COVID-19 and a significant higher reduction in mean CRP levels compared to the Control group after 28 days. These results are consistent with the anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties of VCO metabolites as reported in both in vitro and animal studies, bolstering the therapeutic benefit of supplements such as VCO. The results of this study contrast with the findings of a recently published study which found no benefit with high doses of zinc, ascorbic acid, and a combination of these two supplements against COVID-19 compared with usual care (Thomas, Patel, & Bittel, 2021).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8142857/

CarlosTheDwarf fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Sep 16, 2021

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Lol this dude cheated on his wife and thought his "jeez yeah, must be the vax that did this" lie was going to save things.

And now the right is embracing him and Nicki as heroes for questioning the vaccine.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yes, I was just indulging the lunacy of the Nicki Minaj's Cousin's Friend's Balls discourse fwiw

The pandemic is an extremely serious and consequential situation which is causing untold hardship to millions of people, I'd ask that people refrain from making light of it. This is not some kind of clown show.

In other news, Truffles the Anti-Vaxx Clown died from covid.

https://twitter.com/BoingBoing/status/1438190895145312258

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's those clown cars, man, those loving clown cars

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Is this a different coconut oil study? Looks like it does help covid although it wasn't a blind study. Virgin Coconut oil has a lot of great properties so it shouldn't be a surprise that it can help. It also makes a great mouthwash, i think it's better than listerine.

This study evaluated the effects of VCO given to suspect and probable cases of COVID-19 in isolation facilities. Overall, the VCO group showed more rapid relief from symptoms of COVID-19 and a significant higher reduction in mean CRP levels compared to the Control group after 28 days. These results are consistent with the anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties of VCO metabolites as reported in both in vitro and animal studies, bolstering the therapeutic benefit of supplements such as VCO. The results of this study contrast with the findings of a recently published study which found no benefit with high doses of zinc, ascorbic acid, and a combination of these two supplements against COVID-19 compared with usual care (Thomas, Patel, & Bittel, 2021).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8142857/

There were only 57 people in the study (they started with 63 but 6 dropped out) and a single person in the control group showed covid-like symptoms for 5 days longer than anyone in the VCO group. Note that they weren't sure whether the participants actually had covid or not, they didn't test whether they were actually covid positive.

Some days there were more people in the control group showing symptoms, some days there were more in the VCO group. It's an incredibly flawed study that had WAY too few participants, ran for a ridiculously short time, didn't actually show significant differences that couldn't be explained by sheer random luck on who improved and who didn't, and wasn't conducted on people with confirmed covid infections.

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In other news, Truffles the Anti-Vaxx Clown died from covid.

https://twitter.com/BoingBoing/status/1438190895145312258

Could have just said Trump supporter. The rest was redundant.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Purgatory Glory posted:

Could have just said Trump supporter. The rest was redundant.

Not all clowns are Trump supporters, but all Trump supporters are clowns.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
shouldnt the fact that there's already dozens, maybe even hundreds millions of men that have gotten vacced and we only have one giant ball case, be a case of her totes 99999999999999999% real cousin being a literally 1 in a million case or is a freak because his genes mean that vacs are safe from balls?

my loving god people are bad at maths and risk assessment.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

goddamnedtwisto posted:

She was suspended, not banned, which is what the headline says.

Also lol that that's the only thing you take away from that headline.

Suspended on Twitter usually is a full ban, and you can’t log in or view tweets on it. They use other wording when it’s temporary. My old account from 5+ years ago is ‘suspended’ and I’ll never get it back.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
But the account isn't hidden at all? The balls tweet is still up, no misinformation banner or anything.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

PhazonLink posted:

shouldnt the fact that there's already dozens, maybe even hundreds millions of men that have gotten vacced and we only have one giant ball case, be a case of her totes 99999999999999999% real cousin being a literally 1 in a million case or is a freak because his genes mean that vacs are safe from balls?

my loving god people are bad at maths and risk assessment.

More than half of the US is fully vaccinated. 42% of the loving WORLD has had at least one dose. And yet, we have a COVID-19 pandemic and not a vaccine-adverse-reaction pandemic.

It's like people who are afraid of flying, despite it being statistically safer than driving.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Koirhor posted:

Joker laugh intensifies

#BallGate

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
the flying fear thing at least makes sense in a core body terror kind of way, being in a metal tube thousands of feet in the sky is pretty weird and it's a natural reaction to feel very uncomfortable with that

vaccines hit a 'something is going into me and that scares me' body horror point more than a plane 'my body is being flung through space in a manner I can't comprehend' way, and that's a big difference imo, specifically bc the former can sometimes be managed through considering and discussing what's going into your body, whereas the latter is really hard to do away with even with logic bc it's pure fear response. like, sure you could argue with folks that it's more statistically safe to fly, but it's still trusting someone else to launch your body through space and that's hard to overcome.

i don't have a fear of flight, btw, just making a differentiation. i get that your point is that it's ultimately an irrational fear response in both cases, i guess i'm saying fear response to flight makes more sense to me.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

India has like 4x the population of the US, and even with everything we saw coming out of there in the spring, they still have less total cases and less deaths than the US.

lol?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
A couple months ago Alberta decided to follow Florida's lead and basically declare the pandemic over and stop doing anything to mitigate it.

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1438300023561801730

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Stink Billyums posted:

A couple months ago Alberta decided to follow Florida's lead and basically declare the pandemic over and stop doing anything to mitigate it.

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1438300023561801730

They pretended the pandemic was over only to appease their most anti-vax, anti-mask, rural chud voter base at the expense of everyone else and now they've succeeded in pissing off absolutely everybody, it's kind of glorious.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

ben shapino posted:

India has like 4x the population of the US, and even with everything we saw coming out of there in the spring, they still have less total cases and less deaths than the US.

lol?
No way they have fewer deaths. They mega-cooked their books. Non-Modi-approved estimates put them at >4m dead from their spring wave.

:smith:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

A Fancy Hat posted:

Lol this dude cheated on his wife and thought his "jeez yeah, must be the vax that did this" lie was going to save things.

And now the right is embracing him and Nicki as heroes for questioning the vaccine.

One minute you're nutting into a side chick, the next Tucker Carlson's people are on the phone asking your sperm count and how big your balls got.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Zugzwang posted:

No way they have fewer deaths. They mega-cooked their books. Non-Modi-approved estimates put them at >4m dead from their spring wave.

:smith:

lol

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

ben shapino posted:

lol?

Lol that you're dumb enough to take all numbers at face value.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Spazzle posted:

Lol that you're dumb enough to take all numbers at face value.

i was kind of questioning it with my post but ok. guess im just a big FREAKIN idiot

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/GovCanHealth/status/1438521798761517056

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
SpikeVax sounds pretty cool. I’ll take a third please.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ben shapino posted:

i was kind of questioning it with my post but ok. guess im just a big FREAKIN idiot

lol nobody will ever know how many people actually died of COVID because the entire world was and is currently run by right-wing governments that have vested interest in lying through their teeth about numbers while whole industries, say, semiconductor, are literally halted in a way the death toll does not line up with.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Sep 16, 2021

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Holy poo poo, I thought this was a joke :stare:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
I don’t know how any marketing person thought that Comirnaty would be a good name. Thank heavens for my SpikeVax.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

C’mere natty

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Are you a #NastyNaty or a #SpikeSlut

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dont want that Vaxarrhea

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

Zugzwang posted:

I don’t know how any marketing person thought that Comirnaty would be a good name. Thank heavens for my SpikeVax.

Comirnaty sounds like a nanobot swarm sent from Skynet in the future to subjugate mankind.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Goreld posted:

Comirnaty sounds like a nanobot swarm sent from Skynet in the future to subjugate mankind.
I was thinking something along the lines of “Despite the constant negative press Comirnaty”

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
Apparently it was some kind of tortured portmanteau of coronaviris, mRNA, and community.

Still stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Driftingmouse
May 26, 2021

by Fritz the Horse
http://www.jointhewhiterose.com/

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)