Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Groovelord Neato posted:

The guy's too stupid to download Tinder and screencap unattractive women around his age. It's still be gross and lame to do but he doesn't even have the sub-average intelligence required to think that up.

I'm not insulting our short and/or bald kings but a bald, below average height guy with a poo poo beard who wears Faze clan merch when he's well over a decade past the age where that could even possibly be acceptable attacking the looks of women his age is incredible.

I imagine a lot of it is due to society tolerating a much wider array of "attractive" when it comes to men vs women. As usual the kids are rejecting this a lot and it owns.

e: Here's a pet tax for everyone to enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Professor Beetus posted:

I imagine a lot of it is due to society tolerating a much wider array of "attractive" when it comes to men vs women. As usual the kids are rejecting this a lot and it owns.

It's funny in the replies because someone posted an OKCupid chart that shows that men are more generous with what percent of women they'll rate as attractive/more attractive/most attractive to try to own everyone mocking Keemstar. Then someone pointed out that the same "study" showed men pretty much only message the women in the "most attractive" cohort while women messaged guys across attractiveness ratings.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Professor Beetus posted:

e: Here's a pet tax for everyone to enjoy

Talk about a short king

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Talk about a short king

He's a good boy

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Keem is 7 years older than me and acts bad even for the standards of middle school. Some people are just poo poo and never change.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Keem is 7 years older than me and acts bad even for the standards of middle school. Some people are just poo poo and never change.

It's an indictment on our species that this man became a multi-millionaire by acting this way publicly.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Talk about a short king

It's probably worth noting that the dog prefers the blanket the cat is sleeping on. So does the cat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Look everyone, Newsmax is just a normal news network.

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1438503498690154497?s=20

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

FlamingLiberal posted:

Look everyone, Newsmax is just a normal news network.

LALALALALA (fingers in ears)

I don't hear you.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

It's just anger all the way down and there's no end to it or ever going to be.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Dinesh D'Souza requesting fact check
https://twitter.com/LeonardTPants/status/1438499353719496704

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Who or what is NewsMax's dark money sugar daddy/parents?

Like I know Banon is a close pal of the Mercers.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Does anyone on the right give a gently caress about Dinesh anymore?

Actually I'm a bit surprised he lasted as long as he did. Right after high school me and a friend snuck into 2012: Obama's America for a very sneaky hatewatch without giving him money, being big brain geniuses, and it wasn't even worth the hatewatch. It was gibberish. Like end-of-life Reagan nonsense.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Sep 16, 2021

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Dinesh you know nothing of the Trinadaden health care system

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Really. The health Minister is personally responsible for fondling and keeping detailed records of all his citizen's balls.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MrUnderbridge posted:

Really. The health Minister is personally responsible for fondling and keeping detailed records of all his citizen's balls.

BRB moving to Trinadad

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Actually I'm a bit surprised he lasted as long as he did. Right after high school me and a friend snuck into 2012: Obama's America for a very sneaky hatewatch without giving him money, being big brain geniuses, and it wasn't even worth the hatewatch. It was gibberish. Like end-of-life Reagan nonsense.

He's a token, so whites or regressive orgs that need a best friend who is BLANK care about him.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
Yeah, if I had to guess, D'Souza's entire gimmick (radicalizing centrists into thinking Democrats are the REAL communazis) has been so entirely usurped by the Facebook and YouTube algorithms that he has next to no actual reach anymore.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dinesh got his start by stealing the membership papers of the gay student association at Dartmouth and publishing it in his lovely student newspaper. In the early 80s. He’s been at this a long time and knows no other life.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

OgNar posted:

Dinesh D'Souza requesting fact check

You mean Convicted Felon, Dinesh D'Souza, who should always be referred to as such.

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Yeah, if I had to guess, D'Souza's entire gimmick (radicalizing centrists into thinking Democrats are the REAL communazis) has been so entirely usurped by the Facebook and YouTube algorithms that he has next to no actual reach anymore.

I'm OK with that. He can still release his lovely movies if he wants.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BiggerBoat posted:

You mean Convicted Felon, Dinesh D'Souza, who should always be referred to as such.

It's true, but otoh, there is a war criminal running the Texas GOP now so is that really a negative to the right?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

D'Souza's always looked for the most outrageous thing to say to attract attention, and he was always very marginal. Not sure much has changed, apart from him being a convicted felon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

Dinesh got his start by stealing the membership papers of the gay student association at Dartmouth and publishing it in his lovely student newspaper. In the early 80s. He’s been at this a long time and knows no other life.

I thought that was Laura Ingraham who befriended and then doxxed gay students at her university in a calculated attempt to get them murdered or otherwise ruin their lives because she’s a sociopath?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's true, but otoh, there is a war criminal running the Texas GOP now so is that really a negative to the right?
He quit a few months ago

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol my parents came to visit and my dad really wanted to take the entire family to see that movie. Not only was it completely stupid but it made me lose respect for my dad to see him defend it.

At least my dad agreed that the part where Dinesh blamed his felony conviction on Obama persecuting his political opinions was stupid.

Ok so the NSA spying is Obama's totalitarian nightmare, but wasn't he just continuing what Bush did, didn't Bush pass the Patriot Act, didn't you and Dinesh support Bush?
"Bush was part of the establishment, I'm anti-establishment now"

Etc etc.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

BRB moving to Trinadad

All the educated people know it's pronounced 'Thrinidad' you unworldly peasant

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

nine-gear crow posted:

I thought that was Laura Ingraham who befriended and then doxxed gay students at her university in a calculated attempt to get them murdered or otherwise ruin their lives because she’s a sociopath?
She might have done it too, but she’s a bit younger I think. He definitely went out and outer gay students en masse in the early 80s. Supposedly a lot of people’s family’s found out because of it. Also because it was the 80s he didn’t get expelled for it.

Dinesh blaming Obama for his conviction is pretty rich since it was his wife at the time who turned him in because he was cheating on her, while president of a Christian college. Also she accused him of beating her, which given everything else I know about him makes sense to me.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/burritoleadero/status/1438318670355312644?s=20

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

D'Souza's always looked for the most outrageous thing to say to attract attention, and he was always very marginal. Not sure much has changed, apart from him being a convicted felon.

One of his first books Illiberal Education was reviewed well and he was set to have a career as a respectable mainstream commentator. He then followed that up with the End of Racism which was pilloried and destroyed any shot he had at a mainstream career and all his actions since have been lashing out at having that career taken from him.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I stayed in a hotel in Santa Fe a couple of years back at which Newsmax was the ONLY news channel available. Not even boring rear end HLN. And like, it was quite a nice hotel aside from that one very weird detail. I don't know if the owner/operator was some sort of chudly type (I don't recall but I think it may have been independent? It was fairly luxe tho), or if they were just idiots and that was what the lineup was in whatever package they subscribed to (no idea how that works with hotels), but I did register my dissatisfaction with that at checkout, and have not used that hotel since. I know that's nothing in the grand scheme of things, but like, Newsmax and OAN should not be on basic cable packages and get that revenue share. They've both campaigned hard to demand their providers carry them, and they're dependent on that for their continued existence. There needs to be more pressure to get them removed. Fox is bad for a lot of reasons, but Newsmax and OAN are dangerously extreme and should be behind opt-in paywalls.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Sep 16, 2021

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I was stuck in a military passenger terminal a few years back where they had Tucker blaring away for most of the time I was there. Kept my headphones on as much as possible.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

I stayed in a hotel in Santa Fe a couple of years back at which Newsmax was the ONLY news channel available. Not even boring rear end HLN. And like, it was quite a nice hotel aside from that one very weird detail. I don't know if the owner/operator was some sort of chudly type (I don't recall but I think it may have been independent? It was fairly luxe tho), or if they were just idiots and that was what the lineup was in whatever package they subscribed to (no idea how that works with hotels), but I did register my dissatisfaction with that at checkout, and have not used that hotel since. I know that's nothing in the grand scheme of things, but like, Newsmax and OAN should not be on basic cable packages and get that revenue share. They've both campaigned hard to demand their providers carry them, and they're dependent on that for their continued existence. There needs to be more pressure to get them removed. Fox is bad for a lot of reasons, but Newsmax and OAN are dangerously extreme and should be behind opt-in paywalls.

i been barking about this kind of boycott , but the problem is that the shrinking cable base is in fact regressive, so cable tv providers listen to where some of their money comes from.

Also news / info mation deserts are a thing

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Yeah, because when I consider Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones the first thing that comes to mind is white male angst. Not all those black blues musicians whose music they ripped off and got rich from. I'm saying this as a fan of the Stones and Led Zeppelin.

I totally forgot that time Obama single handedly destroyed rock and roll. WTF?

Obama brought loving Prince to perform at the White House so gently caress off, uhh...*squints*...dude from The Daily Caller.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

ReidRansom posted:

I still kind of feel like Fox News is more dangerous in some ways? Maybe I'm wrong. But like it's the thing I sort of mentioned with 4chan before. The people who watch Newsmax and OAN are like the people who go to 8chan or Stormfront; they're already completely radicalized died-in-the-wool Nazis and already pose an existential threat to civilization. There's no saving them, only minimizing the damage they deal.
But Fox News for boomers, and 4chan for millennials and zoomers, is the radicalization pipeline. It's what people who are still people engage with until they have been sufficiently poisoned to the point they are ready for the real poo poo. Most people are not so psychotic, even Conservatives, that they are fully ready to embrace Nazism off the bat; they need to be radicalized and eased into it.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Dire Straits had a hit song about how rock stars had an easy life and everything they could ever want, even ignoring the whitewashing part, the idea that it was all about angst is ridiculous.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
ROCK AND ROLL wow yeah perfect name for a form of music that is all about whining white dudes

JohnClark
Mar 24, 2005

Well that's less than ideal

Twelve by Pies posted:

Dire Straits had a hit song about how rock stars had an easy life and everything they could ever want, even ignoring the whitewashing part, the idea that it was all about angst is ridiculous.
Yeah, the point doesn't even make sense on its own merits. There are sub-genres that are largely white guy angst (grunge, numetal) but Rock and Roll is an enormous genre encompassing everything from Elvis Presley to The Beatles to Stone Temple Pilots and a million others. The idea that it's all about any one thing is absurd.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Get ready for a lot more rock music whining. Rolling Stone revealed its latest 500 Greatest Songs list this week.

Fight the Power is #2.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Edited: never mind I misunderstood a post.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Sep 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Just remembered Rush died :laffo: