Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

smoobles posted:

what's everyone's thoughts on covid?

its bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

smoobles posted:

it’s been smeared long enough.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Nonsense posted:

Joe Biden has failed people like him.

Who likes Biden? We need to run them out of town!

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Thread is on edge waiting for booster news.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

rabble rabble posted:

why is the medical system supposed to be the one last part of american capitalist society where we are treated with the slightest amount of independent respect and dignity

lol if any part of the American medical system leaves you feeling the slightest amount of respect and dignity

but yeah, having to treat people even if they don't have insurance is a thing, and to hear the docs tell it, needing emergency medical services without having insurance is a far worse moral failing than not being vaccinated

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cr0y posted:

We've all seen it when talking to anti-vaxxers, they are legit, truly, TERRIFIED of the vaccines (some portion of them anyways).

Nah, it's just an excuse to stand on a soapbox and feel important in a world where they lack any sort of power

Once you get past the facade there's nothing there

Conservatives get abortions all the time, but that doesn't mean they'll ever go against their culture and support them publicly

Until the masses turn against the top of the power structure, this dance will go on and on

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

There will be access to boosters

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Thoguh posted:

ffuck you

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

hahaha eat poo poo mom

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavi...8-year-old.html

Sad story, parents were obese and had other health issues causing them concern from being vaccinated. Spent a lot of time isolated but CNN PSE to go to a very large public fair. Got COVID and died relatively fast leaving their 8yr old an orphan.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Here's a tweet of the Italian antivaxxer activist helping a family member "rescue" an elderly man from the hospital.

https://mobile.twitter.com/culladgh/status/1437898504714739713

As well as a follow up that the elderly man was rushed back and put onto a ventilator the next day

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeCraig79/status/1438526804944252933?s=20

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

etalian posted:

There will be access to boosters

But... will it be affordable access?

Like, no joke, if the 'compromise' they came out with is that you have pay for boosters, I'll a) not be at all surprised and b) joker-laugh like a maniac until I pass out

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Thoguh posted:

there won't be any official news until tomorrow afternoon after the FDA meeting to discuss them

then it's either 48 hours for states to scramble and get boosters ready (lmao), or more likely 48 hours for the media to tell us that we didn't really need boosters anyways and actually this is perfectly fine and good for all of us to wait longer

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

mod sassinator posted:

lmao i think the delta scare / max titers / vaccine mandate spike has peaked and we're about to head down on vaccinations again:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/covid-19-vaccine-doses.html

we can get these numbers up!! let's all go in for 4th shots

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

fosborb posted:

but yeah, having to treat people even if they don't have insurance is a thing, and to hear the docs tell it, needing emergency medical services without having insurance is a far worse moral failing than not being vaccinated

this is unironically why I cannot support the position whenever you start to use individual rational as morality, because while I personally am obviously correct in my moral determinations, it's every other idiot i'm concerned about, so better to make sure that we have a system that never runs on individuals morality

really don't want to be on the short end of the stick when someone decides that i, personally, have morally failed them

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

smoobles posted:

jury's still out, IMO

covid might be good, actually

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

empty whippet box posted:

crisis escalations

While I'm at a much less risk level , I had a similar conceptual thing happen trying to get the booster and my in laws were just unwilling to understand where I was coming from. When the pharmacist got super hostile and antagonistic I recognized it as a moment to leave before having cops called. The inlaws who have lived forever in a super nice area just said I didn't argue hard enough to get what I wanted and I simply needed to be more insistent. It's a completely different worldview

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

euphronius posted:

weed helps

Holy poo poo the CDC said kids could smoke weed before getting vaccinated? That's crazy

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

So the company I work at is now tracking everyone who’s vaxxed and requiring the no vaccine people to wear masks and sent it out in an email while we are still in the office. I’m the only one out of thousands who wears a mask. The mask rules are so lax that they basically only need to wear masks when within six feet of someone. This has just turned it into an office of hootin chuds while I try to get work done and everyone side eyes me.

edit: I’ma end up getting loving fired, people already visibly treat me different, and my boss has pulled me aside for “performance” related reasons out of ducking nowhere.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Elea posted:

Here's a tweet of the Italian antivaxxer activist helping a family member "rescue" an elderly man from the hospital.

https://mobile.twitter.com/culladgh/status/1437898504714739713

As well as a follow up that the elderly man was rushed back and put onto a ventilator the next day

https://mobile.twitter.com/JoeCraig79/status/1438526804944252933?s=20

Napoleonic law is brutal. this kidnapper should definitely be a victim to it.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I have received approval to work from home full time again. Dunno why they pulled me back into this plague den in the first place.

lol they're having an in-person gathering tomorrow. not me, suckers. i intend to live!

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

I keep having dreams that I am at the pharmacy trying to get my booster shot but I wake up before I ever get it.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

TheMightyBoops posted:

edit: I’ma end up getting loving fired, people already visibly treat me different, and my boss has pulled me aside for “performance” related reasons out of ducking nowhere.

Time to update your resume and get out of there.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Nothus posted:

Time to update your resume and get out of there.

Yeah I’ve been putting it off because I don’t want to deal with the stress of a new job while everything is hosed.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nocturtle posted:

Said it before but this pandemic really turned me around on gulags. It's the only half-plausible way to deal with the ideological anti-vaxxers, by all means people should suggest a better hypothetical method. Obviously prefer reasoned argumentation and effective public health outreach instead of wielding the state's monopoly on violence, but some people aren't arguing in good faith and just need to be sent to the camps.

TBH just getting them away from Facebook and social media generally for some period of time would do them good anyway, probably makes re-education unnecessary in most cases.

For sure, talking about political prisons here. The idea of incarcerating non-violent offenders in the normal prison system during a pandemic is just so wrong-headed that of course it's exactly what's done.

I remember posters getting probes and bans in cspam years ago for calling for mass re-education of the chuds, turns out they were just ahead of the curve

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

lol I’m so mad.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

Raiad posted:

i don't know if i can agree with this comparison, since both groups are rubes who are uncritically accepting being told what they want to hear, at the expense of others and society as a whole

it only makes sense if you have positive prejudice towards libs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Lmao

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

TheMightyBoops posted:

Yeah I’ve been putting it off because I don’t want to deal with the stress of a new job while everything is hosed.

just make sure to smoke drugs before and during the interviews so now the new job just thinks thats how you are

flawless victory

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
hospitals are just prisons for sick people

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013

Nocturtle posted:

Said it before but this pandemic really turned me around on gulags.

can we please make this the new thread title

Serf
May 5, 2011

OK baizuo posted:

I remember posters getting probes and bans in cspam years ago for calling for mass re-education of the chuds, turns out they were just ahead of the curve

another victory for the tankie mindset

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I try to resist it, but I have to admit my mind strays to more authoritarian thoughts the deeper we get into this public health crisis.

Serf
May 5, 2011

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I try to resist it, but I have to admit my mind strays to more authoritarian thoughts the deeper we get into this public health crisis.

"authoritarian" is a concept made up by the cia, don't worry about it

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

100 degrees Calcium posted:

a strong dictatorship of the proletariat is good and nothing to worry about

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I think if a hospital is in a bad enough stage to be triaging, people who are purposefully unvaccinated should absolutely be put behind people who are (excluding 18 and under. yes 18, because not everyone can get parental permission etc. and i say purposefully because immunocompromised etc people exist who may not have the vaccine, whatever).

climate change and a bunch of other poo poo is the reason I will personally never have my own kids, gently caress bringing someone into this world when it's more than likely that their lifestyle will be a decline over ours. i'm not wealthy enough for it to not matter or selfish enough to not care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Love the "another angel got their wings!" framing, not even trying to hide that it's a death cult anymore

I uhh hope they’re strong wings like Falcon’s or something might need a rocket