Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Soylent Pudding posted:

That's why you shove a dildo up your rear end to alter your stride.

I'm doing my part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Most of america has heart and cardio problems.

Start a fastfood diet so when their illumnatai xray machines scan your heart you just look like a normal instead of a spec ops ssj death warrior.

LOL at chuds figuring out some of the sigint stuff I heard some serious protestors already do.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Soylent Pudding posted:

This whole time I’ve been doing the rear end pennies thing for confidence and I keep finding more and more ancillary benefits.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Burning_Monk posted:

You can identify people based on their walk... so good luck with that.

That's still very much in its infancy as an investigative tool. That being said height, weight and physicality will get picked up on a security camera regardless of how you cover your face.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Bobulus posted:

I was reading the TheDonald people talk about how to avoid identification the next time they do a January 6th type thing. Among a bunch of good suggestions (don't have your phone on you, cover your face, don't brag about it afterwards, etc) I had to laugh at this kooky expert:

The one thing that might get them to wear a mask.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug

DarklyDreaming posted:

That's still very much in its infancy as an investigative tool. That being said height, weight and physicality will get picked up on a security camera regardless of how you cover your face.

Not if I show up in fat suit on stilts it won't.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Finding a specific person in America based on their weight sounds like a lost cause.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Bobulus posted:

I was reading the TheDonald people talk about how to avoid identification the next time they do a January 6th type thing. Among a bunch of good suggestions (don't have your phone on you, cover your face, don't brag about it afterwards, etc) I had to laugh at this kooky expert:

That's literally a thing in Rainbow Six, a literal Tom Clancy novel, Jesus.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

Ha! FOOLS! I’ve had one in the whole time!

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Proust Malone posted:

Ha! FOOLS! I’ve had one in the whole time!

Well now you have to take it out. You want your stride to be different. Need one with randomized vibrations etc.

Bel Shazar
Sep 14, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

Well now you have to take it out. You want your stride to be different. Need one with randomized vibrations etc.

Just like with Shai-Halud

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Peg without rhythm.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I thought that attracted the worm.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Agents are GO! posted:

That's literally a thing in Rainbow Six, a literal Tom Clancy novel, Jesus.
Also it's literally just dowsing.

Someone eventually got done for selling dowsing rods as bomb detectors.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
Crossposting some screens I took for the Covid thread. Interested in Qanon taking up the "hospitals are the real Covid killers" line because it's going to lead to a lot of deaths.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Elea posted:

Crossposting some screens I took for the Covid thread. Interested in Qanon taking up the "hospitals are the real Covid killers" line because it's going to lead to a lot of deaths.

At least they’ll be deaths at home rather than in a hospital bed needed by a non-insane person.

Nothing more American than self selecting triage I guess.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: hospitals are gonna become targets of our home grown terrorists thats awesome

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
then they put you on the ventilator to finish you off

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I said this before about how even ignore all the context about notable regressive figures, you would probably still say "why does this person look like a evil chracter trope?"

Pepe frogs avatars are ugly.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
You have to admit it's pretty suspicious that so many people die after being admitted to a hospital. A much higher percentage of people who sleep in a hospital bed die compared to those who sleep in their own beds. Wake up, people!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

PhazonLink posted:

I said this before about how even ignore all the context about notable regressive figures, you would probably still say "why does this person look like a evil chracter trope?"

Pepe frogs avatars are ugly.

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1438971915025145859

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
speaking of 1/6, what sort of bullshit does anyone expect tomorrow?

I know the Capitol Police are taking things more serious this time and I expect it to be a giant wet fart but a part of me still worries that some rear end in a top hat is going to seize the moment and try to make his mark.

indiscriminately
Jan 19, 2007

Magic Underwear posted:

You have to admit it's pretty suspicious that so many people die after being admitted to a hospital. A much higher percentage of people who sleep in a hospital bed die compared to those who sleep in their own beds. Wake up, people!

Simpson's paradox will be the doom of civilization. Even scientists who have been trained to look out for it get tricked by it all the time; these people have no hope.

Like, many of them persist in the belief that masks are pointless (and also social control, but set that aside) because they are not perfect virus filters. Not perfect, therefore not useful at all. Is there even a name for this kind of error in reasoning? Seems too trivial to even have a name. But this error seems to characterize them. An inability to parse magnitude or something.

Maybe in the before years they were protected by a kind of reflexive deference, an awareness that the folks in white coats might sometimes know better, but social media has given them the dumb confidence of a mob.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It sounds like it ought to be the Nirvana fallacy.

It isn't the exact same, one is saying "real thing is not perfect, therefore real thing bad" and the other is saying "real thing is not as good as imaginary perfect thing, therefore real thing bad", yet there's a big overlap between the loudest anti-maskers and people that have an imaginiary perfect thing they're shilling.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
You gotta love the brazenness of, “no one is ever found dead in their house of covid. Only in hospitals.”

Like, it’s so obviously false but just accepted.

Well, I guess this is a self correcting problem in the long run. More efficient use of resources too.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

indiscriminately posted:

Not perfect, therefore not useful at all. Is there even a name for this kind of error in reasoning? Seems too trivial to even have a name.
Subset of or related to false dichotomy, all or nothing, and black or white

^nirvana fallacy seems like a good fit as well

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

BiggerBoat posted:

speaking of 1/6, what sort of bullshit does anyone expect tomorrow?

I know the Capitol Police are taking things more serious this time and I expect it to be a giant wet fart but a part of me still worries that some rear end in a top hat is going to seize the moment and try to make his mark.

I still think the overall chance of significant violence breaking out is pretty low. The capitol police are going to be there in massive force and be briefed to not respond to provocation.

However, the rhetoric being used by the right means that some of the people there are going to be really worked up and there will be others there seeking to turn the whole thing into a conflagration.

Look at the mileage they’ve gotten out of Ashley Babbit and she was so obviously in the wrong that it’s all but ridiculous. I guarantee there are going to be people there who would love nothing more than to provoke some middle class WASP type people into committing suicide by cop so they can feed their persecution and oppression narrative.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
If it makes you feel any better, that's actually an old theory that the Redditors are repeating. Alex Jones was pushing it back during the first wave, alternating it with a theory that all the hospitals were really empty and the doctors were just Animal House partying all day with that sweet Covid bribe money. The specific mention of the ~50K per Covid case dragged that memory back up, along with the reference to the motorcycle death that got added to the one Covid deathcount story. They really held onto that one.

The new hotness is that the hospitals are filling up with people who are really sick from the vaccine, or that the vaccine made the vaccinated walking bioweapon virus spreaders and that Covid is actually real now.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Burning_Monk posted:

You can identify people based on their walk... so good luck with that.

Somewhere in a database at Fort Meade there's a file on Barry Gibb that includes the fact that he's a woman's man, no time to talk.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Murgos posted:

You gotta love the brazenness of, “no one is ever found dead in their house of covid. Only in hospitals.”

Well, I guess this is a self correcting problem in the long run. More efficient use of resources too.

I wish none of these people went to hospital if they get COVID and would die choking in their own homes but literally all of them will go to the hospital.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

DarkCrawler posted:

I wish none of these people went to hospital if they get COVID and would die choking in their own homes but literally all of them will go to the hospital.

But their friends/family may 'liberate' them.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Somewhere in a database at Fort Meade there's a file on Barry Gibb that includes the fact that he's a woman's man, no time to talk.

:golfclap:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Murgos posted:

That's so much of the conspiracy mindset. Just a good, insane claim, sans evidence, that's believed wholesale.
You can't convince people to wear a mask because "bigger hole than virus"

You can't get the vaccine because "it alters your DNA"

You can't go to hospital because "people die there"

It's insane and we're never getting out of this, I feel.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah it's tough talk, every one of these fucks goes right to the hospital and demands doctors and nurses work themselves to the bone to save their entitled rear end

https://twitter.com/goat_classic/status/1438942308385398797

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
And they will continue to do so in perpetuity until they are turned away.
Like yeah these people are morons, but even morons can figure out the correct choice to make between 'say and do whatever you want, whenever you want' and 'do what others want you to do' when the outcomes for both courses of action are identical.

Like I said a lot about how people always acted like Trump was stupid for acting like his actions didn't have consequences; they didn't. These people are evil for acting like they're the protagonists of reality and everyone else is an NPC here solely to facilitate their journey, but they're not stupid, because so far society has bent over backwards to accommodate them and pick up the pieces whenever they gently caress up, and in the rare instances when it wasn't, they've had handy scapegoats ready.

Elea
Oct 10, 2012
More antivax violence fantasies.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

And they will continue to do so in perpetuity until they are turned away.
Like yeah these people are morons, but even morons can figure out the correct choice to make between 'say and do whatever you want, whenever you want' and 'do what others want you to do' when the outcomes for both courses of action are identical.

Like I said a lot about how people always acted like Trump was stupid for acting like his actions didn't have consequences; they didn't. These people are evil for acting like they're the protagonists of reality and everyone else is an NPC here solely to facilitate their journey, but they're not stupid, because so far society has bent over backwards to accommodate them and pick up the pieces whenever they gently caress up, and in the rare instances when it wasn't, they've had handy scapegoats ready.

I mean a not-insignificant amount of them are dying of covid or being permanently damaged by covid. Like I agree that people who refuse to get vaccinated with no good medical reason for doing so should be refused treatment, but it's not "no consequences" it's just that they're constantly allowed to be massive hypocrites, and never forced to adhere to the values they claim to hold.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

pseudanonymous posted:

I mean a not-insignificant amount of them are dying of covid or being permanently damaged by covid. Like I agree that people who refuse to get vaccinated with no good medical reason for doing so should be refused treatment, but it's not "no consequences" it's just that they're constantly allowed to be massive hypocrites, and never forced to adhere to the values they claim to hold.

They're finally being forced to face consequences, yes. But you can't learn from something that kills you, and as I also said, the family and friends of the dead aren't learning because society still accommodated their dead fash friends right up until the last moment. And they don't blame the friend for having had terrible judgment, but rather blame society for failing to save them, and since nothing happens by accident and everything has intent behind it, it's not that COVID is really hard to treat, it's that the hospital/vaccine deliberately killed them.

One of the implicit underpinnings of the Just World Fallacy is that everything happens for a reason. There's no such thing as luck or chance in the Conservative mindset. Everything happens because someone with agency caused it to happen. And since Conservatives are all perfect beings devoid of sin or weakness, whenever bad things happen to them it is either God testing them or Liberals and other enemies trying to destroy them.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

VitalSigns posted:

Yeah it's tough talk, every one of these fucks goes right to the hospital and demands doctors and nurses work themselves to the bone to save their entitled rear end

https://twitter.com/goat_classic/status/1438942308385398797

I hope more doctors are open about how little compassion they have left for these people.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2021-08-17/vaccinated-covid-doctor-shot

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/sep/18/doctors-caring-unvaccinated-covid-patients

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

If it makes you feel any better, that's actually an old theory that the Redditors are repeating. Alex Jones was pushing it back during the first wave, alternating it with a theory that all the hospitals were really empty and the doctors were just Animal House partying all day with that sweet Covid bribe money. The specific mention of the ~50K per Covid case dragged that memory back up, along with the reference to the motorcycle death that got added to the one Covid deathcount story. They really held onto that one.

The new hotness is that the hospitals are filling up with people who are really sick from the vaccine, or that the vaccine made the vaccinated walking bioweapon virus spreaders and that Covid is actually real now.

knowledge fight noted that jones specifically made his pivot after apparently having an uncomfortable-but-survived bout of covid, which meant it was suddenly real to him