Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Was hoping this would be one those where you think it's satisfying then he just spills the whole tank or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

I was really hoping for a perfect loop. Endlessly painting.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/thUtAAr.mp4

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
One weird trick to get home early:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/truck-driver-charged-in-4000-gallon-gas-spill-in-delaware-county/2898143/

quote:

A truck driver on his route to refill pump stations June 12 allegedly decided to dump 4,000 gallons of gasoline down an embankment behind a Delaware County station to save himself some time, according to charges announced Tuesday.

County detectives determined after examining records obtained from Smith's employer, Lee Transport Systems of Elmer, New Jersey, that the truck driver filled up his tanker truck with 8,500 gallons of gasoline before beginning his day's route.

The route included four pump stations, including the Gas N Go at Coebourn Boulevard and Edgmont Avenue in Brookhaven, investigators said. The Gas N Go was supposed to be the last stop, but Smith deviated from the route and made it the first stop.

Because another tanker truck had stopped at the Gas N Go earlier in the day, according to the investigation, Smith only filled up the station's tanks with 4,500 gallons. That then would have forced Smith to go to the next stop on his route and only partially fill up the next station's tanks.

He would have then had to return to his fuel depot to fill up his tanker before returning to the second stop, prolonging his day's route, investigators said.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pretty sure that's travelling.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've been thinking about this word problem for a while and I can't picture the situation where you save time returning to the depot by dumping half your cargo on the way. But I guess I just don't have the kind of brain that understands the nuances of dumping 4000 gallons of gasoline into a roadside ditch

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Would he get fired if he went back to the depot with his tank still half full?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

not impressed because he didn't sink both balls

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/s4NSTtI.gifv

More info: https://imgur.com/gallery/lP00Ims

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Sagebrush posted:

I've been thinking about this word problem for a while and I can't picture the situation where you save time returning to the depot by dumping half your cargo on the way. But I guess I just don't have the kind of brain that understands the nuances of dumping 4000 gallons of gasoline into a roadside ditch

Apparently he hosed up by making his last stop his first stop, and since they had already been filled earlier he could only use half his tank. Then he'd have to go to stop #2, use up what he head left, go back to the depot, and then back to #2 to fill it the rest of the way. And probably repeat on stops 3 and 4 because of him winding up with half a tank.

So his solution was to dump what he had left and go back to fill back up, then go to the second stop.

I guess for some reason going back to the depot to fill up form halfway to full wasn't an option, and going to his stops in the correct order was also out of the question.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Love the fist pump at the end.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/HHZgJxb.mp4

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

learned it from assassins creed

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Learned it from Waterworld.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

airbnb shower faucet

the kitchen

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I guess that kind of makes sense. You can set the temperature you want with those valves and then get into the shower once it's good.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Ok help me out im not seeing the kitchen osha, unless its the lack of gfci outlet

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's a contrast thing. "This is what they show you in the airbnb listing, this is what you see when you get there"

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

just two code violations, one potentially deadly

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:
Every night I usually tell my wife, "Babe, I got something from the OSHA thread to show you."

Tonight, she tells me "Every time you say OSHA thread, I hear 'oh poo poo thread'."

:hmmyes:

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Platystemon posted:

It at least used to be used on cars pretty regularly, especially in the cold, but with modern fuel injected engines there’s less call for it.

I don’t think most of the stuff at auto stores even contains ether now, though, so while it may have once been an attractive target for abuse, it’s probably mostly used for its intended purpose.

My dad's Ford 5600 won't start below 50 degrees without ether. It's a fussy thing. It's got a 4 cylinder diesel. I think the tractor's about '76 maybe? It's totally fine in the summer, but it has to have ether to start come fall. The pain is that, if you get a full cylinder of ether, you could strip the oil and it could seize so you spray it next to the intake and let it pull in as much as it wants.

Sometimes, you can use WD40 to start a gas engine. That works pretty well. Just watch out for the back fire from the carb.

Of course, now cars are fuel injected and they just start every time. I can't remember the last time I had a car that was hard starting. My '90 Dodge Spirit would give me trouble sometimes but after that, everything just runs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

D34THROW posted:

Every night I usually tell my wife, "Babe, I got something from the OSHA thread to show you."

Tonight, she tells me "Every time you say OSHA thread, I hear 'oh poo poo thread'."

:hmmyes:

https://i.imgur.com/dHohhNE.gifv

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've mostly used startyabastard on recalcitrant brushcutters and chainsaws.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

MRC48B posted:

Ok help me out im not seeing the kitchen osha, unless its the lack of gfci outlet

I think that's it, no gfci is bad.
The shower is kind of charming in a backwoods cabin sort of way. Exposed water pipe isn't pretty, but as far as I know isn't dangerous.

ok maybe if the hot water temp is too high you could get a bad burn, but it shouldn't be that hot in the first place.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
The GFCI could be on a different outlet in the circuit

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Should plugs be installed upside down?

Renzyal
Aug 4, 2013
The valves are also the same color so hopefully they followed the left/right convention for hot/cold.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
There's no way to tell if that outlet is GFCI protected or not from looking at it. One GFCI outlet protects everything downstream.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

Should plugs be installed upside down?

That way is actually right side up according to code. The idea is that if you drop a coin or fork or something onto a half plugged in plug, it will hit the ground pin and bounce off instead of hitting the power pins and shorting out.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

El Spamo posted:

I think that's it, no gfci is bad.
The shower is kind of charming in a backwoods cabin sort of way. Exposed water pipe isn't pretty, but as far as I know isn't dangerous.

ok maybe if the hot water temp is too high you could get a bad burn, but it shouldn't be that hot in the first place.

If the water heater is set wrong you are a flush away from second degree burns. Shower valves have fancy poo poo like pressure balances and anti scald for your protection.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Don't you only need one GFCI outlet per circuit, as long it's the first one and the others are all run in parallel to it?

The Wurst Poster
Apr 8, 2005

Literally the Wurst...

Seriously...

For REALSIES.

Sagebrush posted:

That way is actually right side up according to code. The idea is that if you drop a coin or fork or something onto a half plugged in plug, it will hit the ground pin and bounce off instead of hitting the power pins and shorting out.

But it doesn't make a silly face... 🙃

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I have a stihl backpack blower an old roommates boy friend left in my garage it used to only start if I used starter fluid. Then I got tired of the million pulls on the cord to get it started that way would take. So I took off the starter cord and now just use a socket in a drill on the crank bolt to spin it up and get it to start. Works every time no spray needed.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Forgive the idiocy, but I assume this is just a huge loving explosion waiting to happen?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The deep fryer is full of oil at maybe 175 degrees Celsius.

Water boils at 100 degrees, obviously. When water turns to steam, it expands to roughly 1700 times its volume.

When the ice cubes go into the deep fryer, they will instantly flash into vapor and create an enormous steam explosion, which will throw boiling oil all over everywhere, potentially lighting it on fire if there are ignition sources nearby like say a hot hamburger grill.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's basically one of the easiest ways to burn down a restaraunt, and the fire marshall will be unable to tell that an accelerant was used.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sigher posted:

Forgive the idiocy, but I assume this is just a huge loving explosion waiting to happen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7GarPWfulM&t=143s

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

TVs Ian posted:

Apparently he hosed up by making his last stop his first stop, and since they had already been filled earlier he could only use half his tank. Then he'd have to go to stop #2, use up what he head left, go back to the depot, and then back to #2 to fill it the rest of the way. And probably repeat on stops 3 and 4 because of him winding up with half a tank.

So his solution was to dump what he had left and go back to fill back up, then go to the second stop.

I guess for some reason going back to the depot to fill up form halfway to full wasn't an option, and going to his stops in the correct order was also out of the question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVtQNK_ZUJg

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The good news is that the fryer is pretty obviously empty of any actual oil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

https://twitter.com/kiwehhh/status/1438686601035476994