Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
If people haven't seen Mihoyo's founder's pitch for his company back in 2011 for an entrepreneurship competition, it's an entertaining watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwt8ruikH74
(with English subtitles)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Got a geo goblet with 2 decent substats and hp... levelled it to 16...

Rolled +EM 4 times in a row. Is there ANY use for EM on a geo character?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

:same:

Someone post the weapon banner. The sword is no mist splitter, but it's pretty good on XQ (who sees alot of play) and KQ (no arguments, please)

5* - Jade Cutter & signature Kokomi catalyst
4* - Stringless, Flute, Dragonsbane, Fav Codex/Claymore

the catalyst is way too niche to be very valuable so not a great banner to roll imo, as much as i would like the sword. Stringless is a nice pickup, dunno if I'd highlight any others at 4*

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

forgot you can't vacuum the little flying guys on the first half of floor 2 so i had a pretty useless venti, but the eula-bennett-raiden combo can clear the first half of 3 in about 10 seconds so i still had ample time to fight the mechanical array. maybe a little bit easier than last week?

curious to see if opinions on kokomi change at all after more people do floor 11. you can brute force it pretty easily since 11 is still pretty undertuned but i had to reset twice? i think because characters i had swapped off died from a burn dot offscreen. funny in retrospect people talking about how this floor would be bad for bennett, when i think it hurts teams that rely on diona more.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
I just wonder if they'll stick with corrosion being a threat. We already saw them backtrack a bit with the weights and movements on the Kairagi and Nobushi.

For Kokomi if healers aren't needed she'll be fine as on and off field hydro application provides a lot of utility but if healers are needed she'll be amazing.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Flair posted:

I would say to be wary of leaks of 4* for banners especially if they are weeks before the actual banner launches. Unless it is a new character or has been announced, Mihoyo can more or less switch up what characters are on their banner before it launches. There have been a few leaks of 4* where one of the leaked 4* were swapped during the actual launch of the banner.

I was right. Previous leak iirc was XQ and Fischl. Now the latest leaks are:

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Pretty bummed no Gorou. It sucks to not have a 4 to roll.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well he wasn't in the livestream, and he's not in the current beta. so 2.3 or later

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Pope Urbane II posted:

Pretty bummed no Gorou. It sucks to not have a 4 to roll.

The only new character we are getting after Kokomi but before 2.3 is Thoma. Genshin's Twitter is pretty candid about what new characters we get in the next patch, though the crackdown on leakers may change that. Nonetheless, 2.3 or later for Gorou

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I legit hate this rotation and now I hate kokomi for forcing this poo poo.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Since weapon banners share the same material as character banners, are 5* weapons mainly for whales and people who already have a lot of characters?

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Tanreall posted:

I just wonder if they'll stick with corrosion being a threat. We already saw them backtrack a bit with the weights and movements on the Kairagi and Nobushi.

For Kokomi if healers aren't needed she'll be fine as on and off field hydro application provides a lot of utility but if healers are needed she'll be amazing.

they put out what, 4 characters that can heal the entire team (and we have a couple more that just drop their heals on the ground and could effectively heal the entire party while you're swapping) at launch and now we're getting another? if anything a bunch of characters are really bad because they didn't push this mechanic at all before, so at the very least i hope they keep iterating on it.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Redmark posted:

Since weapon banners share the same material as character banners, are 5* weapons mainly for whales and people who already have a lot of characters?

Yes, though rather than just "whales" it's more of a matter of people will often want to roll for the best possible weapon to go with their new character.

Of course the problem with that is that really it's not worth rolling on the weapon banner unless both featured weapons are good, and as they try to make more and more 5* weapons to specifically go along with new units, those weapons get less and less generically good. Jade sword is a very good general weapon, but rolling on this weapon banner is a pretty bad idea because Kokomi's weapon is kind of awful on anyone but Kokomi, and if you DO have Kokomi and want to roll for the weapon, the pity/rates on the weapon banner kind of suck for that too.

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

Uuugh. I already have Rosaria at C6 for some reason and I don't want to pull on that banner now.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Redmark posted:

Yes it is for whales, but not because it shares the same mats, but because the weapon pity require you to miss two times your desired weapon, and the third chance pity does not carry over between two different weapon banners.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Jesus, gently caress all from Valley of Remembrance for like a month of nearly daily runs, then today purple VV EM hat, yellow VV EM hat, yellow VV EM goblet. Eula can clear it in ten seconds so it wasn't that painful, but still glad to be done with that place. Didn't even bother digging through the pile of 100+ Maiden Beloved I accumulated but there's probably something decent for Kokomi in there if I decide I want her.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
So I've got C5 sucrose now, but haven't leveled get up. The thing is I've already invested in a lot of 5* anemo characters (Kaz lvl90, Venti lvl80, Jean lvl80). Is it worthwhile leveling sucrose up for abyss to play basically as a second Kazuha?

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I mean, Sucrose is wayyy cuter than the other 3.

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

If you put Ayaka's gloves and Kokomi's gloves together you get one whole glove.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Why is clear time for artifact domains so important when you can only do four runs a day anyway? 30 seconds vs 3 minutes is still a only a brief time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Why is clear time for artifact domains so important when you can only do four runs a day anyway? 30 seconds vs 3 minutes is still a only a brief time.

some people are hyper whales who do dozens of runs a day

and also theres really nothing else to optimize for

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

The Lone Badger posted:

It's not a big deal when all your runs take the same amount of time. But after experiencing the ease of running Taishan Mansion in ~48 seconds each time, the ~1:30 runs of Forsaken Rift feel like a slog.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

reinvest those time savings into a second mobile game

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Every other gacha game lets you auto-battle stuff like this, so you'd spend that time posting on the SA forums instead.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Kazuha must have decided to be a wanderer because he was stuck on an island where even the lesser enemies are immune to anemo forces.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Any game that lets you button past the playing a game does so because it knows it’s garbage.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Are you saying it's better for a game to waste your time while you grind for marginal upgrades?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I've always felt that if you're at the 'marginal upgrades' portion of a forever-game it's time to go play sonething else for six months while more content gets patched in.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The problem with playing something else instead is that you miss the daily commissions and welkin primo trickle, which means you don't get to pull for new characters later when you come back unless you pay.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

Any game that lets you button past the playing a game does so because it knows it’s garbage.
how does spending 3 minutes a day doing artifact grinding make genshin impact a good game

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Man don’t grind for artifacts then if you hate it so much, there’s plenty of other poo poo to use resin on.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It makes it good cuz it’s fun like you press all the buttons and the monsters make sounds and lights and explosions happen what more can you want.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

Man don’t grind for artifacts then if you hate it so much, there’s plenty of other poo poo to use resin on.
its not ruining my life im just not sure how being able to save 40 seconds of my life would make genshin impact a poo poo game or anything. what significant gameplay depth or options is being explored. i like getting upgrades, i like the character building, that stuff is engaging for me. im totally fine doing 3 minutes of artifacts a day im just not sure why being able to skip past the fights would make it terrible.

kater posted:

It makes it good cuz it’s fun like you press all the buttons and the monsters make sounds and lights and explosions happen what more can you want.
if i want that i can just do it? and if i dont want that i can skip past it once ive proven i can clear it. everyone wins.

heck make the ability to skip locked behind clearing it in less than a minute or something and you've just added a fun gameplay time trial challenge for mid-level players to optimize around.

Colorspray
Aug 30, 2007

So I finally did it - long term goal accomplished!

Noelle and Ningguang are both finally at c6, and I've been running them alongside raiden and childe.

I'm finding Noelle to be the star of the show in this setup, with geo resonance and ningguangs screen providing geo damage bonus. Noelle swings 18-20k per crit during burst, and ningguang provides energy generation and burst damage acting as a battery in this composition. Not to mention crystal generation to maintain retracing bolide.

Childes slot is flexible but he synergizes with raiden due to his ranged burst refund and electro charged reactions.

Raiden is so much fun. I initially thought she served as a battery but she's more like a tactical nuke that just so happens to restore energy. Her burst is like Noelle's but condensed into 7 seconds of electro fury.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Steamrolling domains in under a minute is fun.

Being healer for a team of players that really don't have enough dmg to be clearing L90 domains is not so fun. Just keeping them alive... forever. After 5 minutes of sheer cold with no warm patches in the hydro/cryo abyss you might not be dead, but you'll sure wish you were.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I unno I just haven’t played a game that has skip mode that doesn’t also suck! Sure add it to genshin I guess that’s fine. They probably will at some point probably.

I just am not like jealous of other gacha games that are clearly designed for it.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

its not ruining my life im just not sure how being able to save 40 seconds of my life would make genshin impact a poo poo game or anything. what significant gameplay depth or options is being explored. i like getting upgrades, i like the character building, that stuff is engaging for me. im totally fine doing 3 minutes of artifacts a day im just not sure why being able to skip past the fights would make it terrible.

if i want that i can just do it? and if i dont want that i can skip past it. everyone wins.

I think you mixed cause and effect. Being able to skip gameplay doesn't make a game poo poo, but if the designers of a game know that it is poo poo they'll let you skip as much of it as possible so you can go back to paying for waifus. Or charge you to skip it, if they think they can get away with it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Smh at people who aren't in it for the sheer joy of murdering and hoarding

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

gandlethorpe posted:

Smh at people who aren't in it for the sheer joy of murdering and hoarding

just telling the game to navigate me to hilichurls and putting a podcast on is a fun time ill agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Eh w/e. Skips for resin things seems not comparable now that I think about it, sure add a bunch.

Colorspray posted:

So I finally did it - long term goal accomplished!

Noelle and Ningguang are both finally at c6, and I've been running them alongside raiden and childe.

I'm finding Noelle to be the star of the show in this setup, with geo resonance and ningguangs screen providing geo damage bonus. Noelle swings 18-20k per crit during burst, and ningguang provides energy generation and burst damage acting as a battery in this composition. Not to mention crystal generation to maintain retracing bolide.

Childes slot is flexible but he synergizes with raiden due to his ranged burst refund and electro charged reactions.

Raiden is so much fun. I initially thought she served as a battery but she's more like a tactical nuke that just so happens to restore energy. Her burst is like Noelle's but condensed into 7 seconds of electro fury.

What’s your noelle stats at.? I never bothered building crit on her but that was a forever ago and I’d probably do things different if I went back to her.