Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Er :stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I have a few more screenshots where there's a big mad dodecahedron or something in front of the gun everywhere I go.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

It’s a reason to grab MW next time it’s on sale I guess. How is it on series x? I’ve got a decent PC and it plays nice at 1080p with everything cranked, but it’d be fun to play on the couch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Happy Hedonist posted:

It’s a reason to grab MW next time it’s on sale I guess. How is it on series x? I’ve got a decent PC and it plays nice at 1080p with everything cranked, but it’d be fun to play on the couch.

Looks amazing

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

that is maybe the most unappealing game art i've ever seen

It looks like it's a Smash knockoff that'll bring all your favorite characters from other games together for some looty-shooty fun

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I gotta say I’m pretty happy that this is how the Tom Clancy milspec “realism” for serious murder nerds brand has evolved.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I just wish they’d make another Splinter Cell that’s not inexplicably a cover shooter.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Skatebird is funny and charming but wildly unpolished and just not very fun to play.

Superliminal is loving awesome and seems packed full of little secrets.

Still wanna check out Flynn: Son of Crimson. That might have to wait until after Superliminal's done.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BoosterDuck posted:

ok the games stupid rear end mohawk punk rock aesthetic is loving stupid but underneath that is blops 2 with team-based objectives (payload, koth, etc.) and throwables replaced with class abilities

honestly itll play fine when it comes out but ubisoft needs to tone down the stupid punk rock mosh pit zoomer bullshit thats screwing up this games potential

This game is dead on arrival unfortunately.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

I said come in! posted:

This game is dead on arrival unfortunately.

free2play, crossplay across 5 platforms and 2 years of guaranteed support could save it

I don't expect it to be as big as calladoody but it'll always have players

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
Stuck on this level of I Am Fish, anyone have any tips?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BoosterDuck posted:

free2play, crossplay across 5 platforms and 2 years of guaranteed support could save it

None of these are guarantees of success, remember Ubisoft’s roller derby game?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

BoosterDuck posted:

if the shooting and gameplay suck, and its Ubisoft so theres a good chance of that, what else does it have to go on? the art style is hilariously bad.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019

Laserface posted:

if the shooting and gameplay suck, and its Ubisoft so theres a good chance of that, what else does it have to go on? the art style is hilariously bad.

the gameplay feels like an updated version of enemy territory/dirty bomb and its developed by hugo martin who worked at infinity ward when calladoody became a household name

https://youtu.be/sPIoyDQ5BWw

and yeah it could bomb meaning I won't give a poo poo since it's f2p and I'll go back to halo infinite/csgo

the aesthetic is loving awful though I hope ubisoft turns off the blinders and revises it

BoosterDuck fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Sep 17, 2021

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

njsykora posted:

None of these are guarantees of success, remember Ubisoft’s roller derby game?

I played it at PAX '19 but never saw it again. Apparently its still in development? :wtc:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

BoosterDuck posted:

Hugo Martin
The doom guy...?

Edit: do you mean Mark Rubin?

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
no I meant hugo martin since hes good at making shooters

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I'm very confused...

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
ok yeah I mixed up hugo martin with mark rubin

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I hate to be that guy but no one should be playing an Activision game right now.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You're not my dad.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

7lip posted:

Stuck on this level of I Am Fish, anyone have any tips?

Remove it from your hard drive.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Lammasu posted:

I hate to be that guy but no one should be playing an Activision game right now.

You're right, but there are A LOT of things we shouldn't be doing right now. You pick and choose your battles. No ethical consumption and all that.

Our family buys almost everything second hand, but there's a point where you need to reward yourself, and if that means once in awhile supporting a poo poo company because we live in a capitalist hellscape, then so be it.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

American McGay posted:

You're not my dad.

That's not what your mom said.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

BoosterDuck posted:

the gameplay feels like an updated version of enemy territory/dirty bomb

I'm in.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Anyone playing Superliminal? I'm about 6 or so puzzles in and it's pretty fun and that's despite me being generally a very stupid person.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

1glitch0 posted:

Anyone playing Superliminal? I'm about 6 or so puzzles in and it's pretty fun and that's despite me being generally a very stupid person.

I'm enjoying that it doesn't really feel super self-serious. It uses its gimmicks to build a lot of funny gags.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

elf help book posted:

I'm enjoying that it doesn't really feel super self-serious. It uses its gimmicks to build a lot of funny gags.

The setting is really chill. Like the vibe between The Shining and a movie set

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
Has anyone completed Twelve Minutes without looking up the solution?

ultrachrist
Sep 27, 2008

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Yes but there was one point we (family) got stuck on for a while that I still don’t even know how we solved. The dialogue option we needed just showed up all of a sudden, idk how.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

WattsvilleBlues posted:

No, nobody has.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

WattsvilleBlues posted:

short answer: no

long answer: I was going to make a joke about it but it would have been a spoiler something like "not sure, but I incest you give it a good try"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I've watched some folks play it through and while everybody gets frustrated by the amount of repetition needed, they all figure out what game states they need to get to pretty quick. And seeing different approaches makes the game's extremely limited reactivity even more annoying, if you hide in the closet immediately on your initial arrival home the brotagonist starts talking like a seasoned time loop exploiter out of the blue, then goes right back to being bewildered

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Besides the utter nonsense story that was the most disappointing part about 12 Minutes to me. It presents itself as a completely reactive thriller but in reality you're just completing a very linear series of timed puzzles with one expected solution. If you think of anything especially clever, odds are the game just won't recognize it at all.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Nope I got bored of it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Skatebird is charming enough but drat it's rough around the edges, particularly in the controls department, which is disappointing since these type of games are usually supposed to feel good to play.

I'd probably feel pretty burned if I bought it based off the previous trailers/hype. Game Pass to the rescue once again.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Happy Hedonist posted:

You're right, but there are A LOT of things we shouldn't be doing right now. You pick and choose your battles. No ethical consumption and all that.

Our family buys almost everything second hand, but there's a point where you need to reward yourself, and if that means once in awhile supporting a poo poo company because we live in a capitalist hellscape, then so be it.

I mean yeah most game companies are poo poo but Activision Blizzard were so poo poo they killed a woman.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Lammasu posted:

I mean yeah most game companies are poo poo but Activision Blizzard were so poo poo they killed a woman.

That’s loving awful, and I’m not buying the game so it’s a moot point, but I wasn’t talking about game companies. For instance I wish people cared this much about boycotting nestle, palm oil, Coca Cola, etc. They’ve been subjugating and killing people for years but no one says poo poo when I pop open a Coke Zero.

I’m not trying to poo poo on you either, but sometimes I think we forget to see the forest for the trees.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Happy Hedonist posted:

That’s loving awful, and I’m not buying the game so it’s a moot point, but I wasn’t talking about game companies. For instance I wish people cared this much about boycotting nestle, palm oil, Coca Cola, etc. They’ve been subjugating and killing people for years but no one says poo poo when I pop open a Coke Zero.

I’m not trying to poo poo on you either, but sometimes I think we forget to see the forest for the trees.

nestle/coca cola et al are megacorporations that could ignore entire countries worth of income and be fine. blizzard activision is failing so badly theyre removing their name from Call of Duty this year to get away from it. your wallet matters a lot fuckin more to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
No it doesn't lol