Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

OgNar posted:

Beaten, but its sometimes good that MSN steals articles and just runs other sites pages through theirs.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/fa...ocid=uxbndlbing

Generally, if its WP and its paywalled, try searching for its title on bing with MSN in the box.

I work in this industry and it's syndication, not stealing. They're allowed to publish it, they would have a contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankee
Dec 29, 2017

https://twitter.com/jamie24272184/status/1438811251182870533?s=21

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Remember when India was at the height of their outbreak and people were posting desperate pleas on social media to try and find a hospital bed or oxygen for their dying relatives? We're starting to see that in Texas now

https://twitter.com/rvasteminist/status/1438690338072317955

Also health officials in Idaho are warning people to avoid high risk activities because there's no ICU beds available if they get injured

https://twitter.com/TaisonBell/status/1435789566083051520

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The only value she can add to the world is live-streaming her decline to tube land for the attention.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
She won't take the "experimental" vaccine, but she happily gobbled up the also-experimental Regeneron cocktail that her beloved governor made so easily available to Floridians.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

MadJackal posted:

The only value she can add to the world is live-streaming her decline to tube land for the attention.

laura vtuber loomer

she finally got the face she wanted

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

For anyone interested, the FDA's Vaccine and Related biological Products Advisory Committee streaming their discussion on booster approval: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFph7-6t34M

It a whole day affair, Israel's Ministry of Health just finished presenting a strong case for providing boosters.

Dr. Video Games 0135
May 20, 2003

That's gonna be a zoinks from me, Scoob

My grandma got me this one instead of the one I really wanted :mad:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zugzwang posted:

”Who could have imagined this would happen when we removed the cadmium rods from the reactor? Sorrryyy :(

At least everyone responsible will resign, right guys!

…guys?

Oh man I watched the HBO Chernobyl show near the height of the 2020 pandemic daily death raffle, with thousands dead per day

It was legit funny to me when they were all “Hundreds, perhaps THOUSANDS of people died because of Chernobyl, and many more had health problems”

Buddy you ain’t got poo poo on Covid

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Remember when India was at the height of their outbreak and people were posting desperate pleas on social media to try and find a hospital bed or oxygen for their dying relatives? We're starting to see that in Texas now

https://twitter.com/rvasteminist/status/1438690338072317955

Also health officials in Idaho are warning people to avoid high risk activities because there's no ICU beds available if they get injured

https://twitter.com/TaisonBell/status/1435789566083051520

Must be misinformation, the US is a first world country and everyone has free access to the vaccine ??????

?????????????????????€&&&€&€&€&

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

E: this one is pretty hosed up as well, family gets slammed by covid (the father was in the ICU for 63 days and died) because another family let their kid go on playdates even though the rest of them were covid positive
https://twitter.com/AnniAless/status/1438420854065487874

Murder charges when

naem
May 29, 2011

people feel so entitled to this weird, happy, special feeling where they are always right that they are killing each other with this virus

Elea
Oct 10, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/washingtonian/status/1438892752717041667

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Hy_C posted:

For anyone interested, the FDA's Vaccine and Related biological Products Advisory Committee streaming their discussion on booster approval: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFph7-6t34M

It a whole day affair, Israel's Ministry of Health just finished presenting a strong case for providing boosters.
Lol they have some idiot antivaxxer presenting right now. Dunno why they let them in.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Scarodactyl posted:

Lol they have some idiot antivaxxer presenting right now. Dunno why they let them in.

ALL SIDES

Yes, you, "Genocide is Fine" sir sporting the golden glove with gems, please tell us about your plan

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lmao

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jeez this sure fills me with uncertainty. if only there were some way to predict what will happen in the next couple months. well, NPR said today that delta is going away so it will p;robably just rocket straight downward from here :)

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

There was a brief moment this year after getting the second vaccine dose where the constant overarching sense of dread and minor panic infusing every thought and action lifted. Ah well, shame that's the last time that'll happen.

up uP UP! To the moon!

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 17, 2021

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Looking at this graph, I'm more confused now about what is a "wave", exactly? because looking at the whole thing, it seems like part of the same wave to me

Is a wave just "We collectively forget about it for a bit until hospitals overflow again" ?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Looking at this graph, I'm more confused now about what is a "wave", exactly? because looking at the whole thing, it seems like part of the same wave to me

Is a wave just "We collectively forget about it for a bit until hospitals overflow again" ?

The peaks. Spring 2020, Summer 2020, Holiday 2020, and now Summer 2021.

It's amazing how things right now are at least twice as bad as they were last summer when tons of people are taking things seriously, and yet so many people are acting like nothing's wrong.

Granted, I live in a deeply red state, but most events here are back at full capacity. The last three Fridays the high school up the hill from my house had home football games, and the photos I saw on the local Facebook showed people packed shoulder-to-shoulder with not a mask in sight.

If COVID was bad enough to cancel the football season last fall, why is it not now, with case/death rates twice as high (and probably fewer people getting tested)? Our state is at like 35% vaccinated, so it's not that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cool I'm glad anti-vaxxers get an equal say in whether or not I get to have a booster

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Zil posted:

Does she realize that having quotes around "real" makes it come off as ironic and not some middle of the road compromise?

People who incorrectly use quotes are universally morons.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Crackbone posted:

People who incorrectly use quotes are universally morons.

I'm getting better

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

WhiteHowler posted:

If COVID was bad enough to cancel the football season last fall, why is it not now, with case/death rates twice as high (and probably fewer people getting tested)? Our state is at like 35% vaccinated, so it's not that.

I think this has to do with the people who take covid seriously being already vaccinated. There isn't a political incentive to impose restrictions on the pro-covid crowd right now. They certainly don't support any, and people in the anti-covid crowd don't really care if unvaccinated people decide to kill themselves off at the end of the day. All that's left is the desire of the vaccinated to not get covid from the unvaccinated, which (for now) is not extremely likely.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Fallom posted:

Cool I'm glad anti-vaxxers get an equal say in whether or not I get to have a booster

they don't, though?

naem
May 29, 2011

Fallom posted:

anti-vaxxers are why we need boosters in the first place

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
This seems topical for the last few pages.

https://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2021/09/17/balls

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Heroin addicts inject themselves with all kinds of unknown poo poo. Is there any instance of one of them injecting something that causes no immediate reaction but causes them to suddenly drop dead several years later? As far as I know if you get injected with something, you will react to it almost immediately, and either survive from that or die. You don't just have some dormant substances lodged in your spine ready to precipitate into your bloodstream and kill you when you pick up the mail.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Butterwagon posted:

Heroin addicts inject themselves with all kinds of unknown poo poo. Is there any instance of one of them injecting something that causes no immediate reaction but causes them to suddenly drop dead several years later? As far as I know if you get injected with something, you will react to it almost immediately, and either survive from that or die. You don't just have some dormant substances lodged in your spine ready to precipitate into your bloodstream and kill you when you pick up the mail.

Now that 5G has been rolled out all over the nation, Biden is waiting for the deep state to signal. and witha flip of the switch -boom- instant giant swollen balls for every vaccinated man

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Now that 5G has been rolled out all over the nation, Biden is waiting for the deep state to signal. and witha flip of the switch -boom- instant giant swollen balls for every vaccinated man

Flip the switch old man

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Butterwagon posted:

thos people died because MJ12 found them and finally got to use their kill phrase.

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

PhazonLink posted:

thos people died because MJ12 found them and finally got to use their kill phrase.

I know your UNATCO killphrase: Brobdingnagian Balls

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Butterwagon posted:

A bunch of them think vaccinated people will become literal flesh-eating zombies within the next few years, there's no way to rationalize that.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
FDA voted down boosters. Anyone else planning to lie in a few months?

I'm going to wait until it's 8 months past my 2nd dose.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Lord Decimus Barnacle posted:

Balls deep state

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Absolutely getting a booster before the holidays lmao.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

My wife asked the pharmacist about getting a booster while we were getting our flu shots and she was like whatever we don’t care. Wouldn’t even have to lie at this place.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
My town decided to go maskless this year. A kid in middle school died from covid last week. Now they are doing masks again (for the next 3 weeks at least) kind of grim it had to come to that.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Butterwagon posted:

Yes, it's called HIV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Pulvis Sumus posted:

Absolutely getting a booster before the holidays lmao.

They're almost certainly going to revisit this, since *everyone* else in the world is already doing boosters. Since Im a computer toucher and have returned to isolating I feel good that they'll approve boosters by the time my 8mos past 2nd dose have passed. If not, "This is my first shot" seems to unlock those doors.

Sorry to all the essential workers being thrown into the pit of Moloch.