Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pharmaskittle posted:

I was heavy into trueanon for a few months but when I got sick of it I got sick of it really quickly

I'm an extremely skeptical person who used to be huge into conspiracy theories so the episodes where I know a lot about the subject are kinda annoying to listen to during some parts (though mostly I enjoy it because I like listening to Liz and Brace). I just listened to the Las Vegas shooting one and Liz gets stuck on the possibility of Paddock being a gun runner because he had so many guns but 3 percent of Americans own half of all guns. They also seemed hung up on witnesses reporting multiple shooters when that happens at a bunch of mass shootings because it's hard to tell where shots are coming from in a chaotic environment.

Also did Felix say Audrey Murphy in this ep lol

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Sep 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I only listened to a few episodes before the sort of fuzzy thinking and failure to kick tires of their ideas kind of made my skin crawl. I don't think it's bad in any prescriptive sense and, again, based only on a few episodes.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I enjoy conspiracy theories because they're wacky and fun but True Anon got kind of annoying to me after a while too. Brace and Liz seem like good eggs overall but they're extremely credulous.

The Brat Camp episode was amazing though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I got really into to TrueAnon when they came out, but I missed out on the conclusions to a lot of their two partners because I didn’t have a patreon sub. The good pirate feed means they are back in heavy rotation, but of all the big pods I listen to, it has the lowest lows. The bad episodes of TrueAnon are very much bad right away though, it’s not like you hear a full 90 episode and go “well that stunk!”, you usually realize it’s garbage in the first 10 mins and turn it off.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I loved the Finkelstein episodes because I had never heard the backstory to him doing his dissertation on From Time Immemorial.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

TrueAnon rules and there's only one thing to do with the haters

<Brace sound>

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Brace's band Warkrime was pretty good too and you can still find their 7" in bargain bins for like a dollar

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s just funny because Brace is such a relentlessly silly dork who comes off as being a weird little online mega-mutant but he has gigantic basketball sized brass balls and his bonafides just blow everyone else’s out of the water. “Oh you were a staff writer for the hill, did a lot of election coverage in 2016, that’s cool. I was facetanking IEDs in my armored pickup truck warmachine while lighting cigars off the barrel of my sand-logged AK.”

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Bust rodd

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

AnimeIsTrash posted:

It's always so bad. One of the guys on Blocked Party always brings up his standup career, and it's so cringeworthy.

John Cullen sucks rear end and the only reason he is on the podcast is he is stefan's IRL friend. no one listens to blocked party for john

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Scholtz posted:

https://twitch.tv/hasanabi

Felix just showed up on Hasan's twitch stream

Great stream. Felix arriving during the hasan wrestling arc was awesome

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

<Brace sound>

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Previa_fun posted:

<Brace sound>

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Groovelord Neato posted:

Also did Felix say Audrey Murphy in this ep lol

Can confirm.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

John Cullen sucks rear end and the only reason he is on the podcast is he is stefan's IRL friend. no one listens to blocked party for john

He's the straight man -- he's great for laughing at.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Blocked party is fun. Goons literally hate on everything

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

i am boycotting true anon until they allow the coindexter to return on mic

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Cringe factor on the banter/flirting/whatever of true anon has gotten too high lately. More conspiracies and badmouthing elon musk, less talking about your off mic text messages

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

terrorist ambulance posted:

Cringe factor on the banter/flirting/whatever of true anon has gotten too high lately. More conspiracies and badmouthing elon musk, less talking about your off mic text messages

but sweetie baby honey pie 👁️👁️👁️

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Just wrong on every point.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Why do goons hate fun so much

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

just found the coolest person on the forums

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

hello babeh jirl

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

It's really funny how Felix keeps shouting out Jacksonville as one of the most dangerous cities in America

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

How long does this Felix poo poo go on for

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's really funny how Felix keeps shouting out Jacksonville as one of the most dangerous cities in America

They're crazy up there OP. Also maybe he's getting into Nardo Wick or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCf9XdI7N2o

The song rules so it's not surprising

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Previa_fun posted:

Why do goons hate fun so much

I think they're afraid that if they loosen up, they could have too much fun and become one of the idiots you see out there making fools of themselves.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

i am boycotting true anon until they allow the coindexter to return on mic

lmao

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Decided to look up a picture of Kim Du Toit after the latest episode with his manly man column.

Truly an imposing presence.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's honestly kinda odd. I'm sure it's not exactly all sunshine and roses in Jacksonville, but there are plenty of cities that have a way worse violent crime rate.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I enjoy conspiracy theories

it's not a conspiracy theory podcast, it's a lifestyle podcast :blastu:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
It's a podcast about being gay with your asset handler.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

HannibalBarca posted:

It's honestly kinda odd. I'm sure it's not exactly all sunshine and roses in Jacksonville, but there are plenty of cities that have a way worse violent crime rate.

net work error posted:

They're crazy up there OP. Also maybe he's getting into Nardo Wick or something.

I'm from there, it's a pretty average southern city in most ways, with all the problems that entails, just on a much smaller scale than Houston or Atlanta. It sucks but in a quaint way. Props to "Nardo Wick" for making podcasters think its Port au Prince or something lol

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Who I Smoke is pretty tight as well

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I'm from there, it's a pretty average southern city in most ways, with all the problems that entails, just on a much smaller scale than Houston or Atlanta. It sucks but in a quaint way. Props to "Nardo Wick" for making podcasters think its Port au Prince or something lol

DUUUUUUUUUUVAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

net work error posted:

https://youtu.be/yJqu246RVlc

This is a Foolio song I discovered a couple weeks ago. It’s absolutely insane w its content. There really is a nihilism in rap that wasn’t as present a decade or two ago.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

it's not a conspiracy theory podcast, it's a lifestyle podcast :blastu:

Tch, more like a lifestylist poscast

The Wiggly Wizard
Aug 21, 2008

Felix's thing felt like a really bad student presentation that went way over time

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

The Wiggly Wizard posted:

Felix's thing felt like a really bad student presentation that went way over time

Yeah he clearly had an idea percolating but not enough of one to effectively tie it together off the cuff. He's no Matt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Decided to look up a picture of Kim Du Toit after the latest episode with his manly man column.

Looks like Christian from Report This Post but fatter and less gay