Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Foo Diddley posted:

can't believe donald loving trump was doing better at handling covid than this

the biden admin's response to covid is objectively worse than trump's in every way lol except for the one that matters most to libs, which is that he doesn't tweet much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

So once again they're going to just encourage people to lie and say they're a healthcare worker or something

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Homocow posted:

the people who oppose socialized medicine because "I don't want the government to ration healthcare" are going to clog up ICUs this winter thus forcing hospitals to ration care

I normally crack-ping in the climate change thread but I'm crackpinging pretty hard here

POOR DECISION!

The best part is that most of the people opposed to socialized medicine are boomers on Medicare. For some reason this doesn't count. I think we should eliminate Medicare if we aren't going to expand it to everyone. Why are they special?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Delta-Wye posted:

west coast liberals are the worst

He's been living in Taiwan for years and grew up in Ohio. He's a particular kind of oblivious lib and we already had one time where I needed to slam down on him for whining about the PRC by pointing out the constant loving horror the United States is for me.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
what is the "mixed" evidence of efficacy in younger people?

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

So once again they're going to just encourage people to lie and say they're a healthcare worker or something

sure, same thing people did to get vaxxed back in jan/feb

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Judakel posted:

what is the "mixed" evidence of efficacy in younger people?

hard to find significant reduction in severe disease or death when you break out the Israeli data by age, or look at Pfizer's tiny pre-Delta trial bc the numbers are so small I think.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

This would probably be a little further along if we hadn't poured 15m+ doses down the drain.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

This would probably be a little further along if we hadn't poured 15m+ doses down the drain.

i don't know if u heard how much coronavirus there is in sewage, but the drains need vaccinated too buddy

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

i sure would love to have a reduced chance of any illness, or of passing a dangerous virus to my <12yo child.

oh well endemic virus open 'er up hail satan etc etc etc

mystes
May 31, 2006

What did this say?

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

mystes posted:

What did this say?

she said something like "What's the pfizer stock price now?" IIRC

shackleford
Sep 4, 2006

mystes posted:

What did this say?

"What's Pfizer stock worth now?"

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

There is no bloodless path out of this trap. The only question now is whose.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Buy Nicki Minaj an account

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Doctor posted:

Thanks. Apparently my uni exceeds the ASHREA recommendation of MERV-13, and in so far as I understand it, the higher the filtration grading, the more frequent air changes. Apparently we've got MERV-14 so I guess that's something, but I still won't be taking my mask off anytime soon.
(also I could be interpreting this wrong what do I know about air filtration honestly)

MERV-X refers to the filtration quality of the filter, higher is better. It does not have anything to do with the air flow rate. You could have a small system running at MERV-14 doing one air exchange every 2 hours, or a beefy high flow MERV-14 system that does 5 air exchanges an hour. Those are both MERV-14 because of the filter under in the system, but that alone doesn't tell you how much air is being passed through the filter.

mystes
May 31, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

shackleford posted:

"What's Pfizer stock worth now?"
Lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

just wanted an opportunity to say eric crackl-ping and there it is

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Hollismason posted:

I got my booster 3 weeks ago and I'm starting to think me getting it was kind of a fluke.

I got mine today by lying. It's nbd

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

covidactnow.org

oh sweet my county isnt red yet

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

poll plane variant posted:

hard to find significant reduction in severe disease or death when you break out the Israeli data by age, or look at Pfizer's tiny pre-Delta trial bc the numbers are so small I think.

right so bullshit because i am worried about any disease and infection

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Substandard posted:

The best part is that most of the people opposed to socialized medicine are boomers on Medicare. For some reason this doesn't count. I think we should eliminate Medicare if we aren't going to expand it to everyone. Why are they special?

it doesn't count because they paid for it their whole life so they deserve it!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

mod sassinator posted:

no this was the one that said

"🎯 let’s silence anyone who speaks b/c we need the vaxx rates to increase so that we can go to the bars & cinemas."

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
According to Worldmeter Alabama announced nearly 200 deaths today.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Judakel posted:

right so bullshit because i am worried about any disease and infection

yeah plus they're now seeing deaths due to waning immunity in doublevaxxed 40+ after the high holidays wave

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Biden wanted to rally the world through other things he could control, like when the US rejected the vaccine IP waiver request for developing nations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Wow testing is hosed up. Illinois has posted weekly highs on Fridays for 18 months and now they're having Fridays lower than the rest of the week

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1438555816479674376?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shouldn’t delta be it’s own chart honestly

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Death By The Blues posted:

same for Ohio

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Ramadu posted:

it doesn't count because they paid for it their whole life so they deserve it!

It was a nickel a week, just like their college tuition.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Death By The Blues posted:

Ohio has 69
:forkbomb:

e:

Bruce Hussein Daddy fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Sep 17, 2021

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

euphronius posted:

shouldn’t delta be it’s own chart honestly

isn’t it all delta now

Teenage Riot
May 25, 2010

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Today

Yesterday

covidactnow.org

Denver County finally red, thus making me high risk for Covid and booster eligible. Thank u coronavirus

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans
Volunteered at a Covid testing site that primarily serves the homeless and every single test I processed was negative :unsmith:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao

hahahah

lmao

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

CainFortea posted:

lol, unironic "masks and vaccines don't do anything" post. Just out in the open!

zero covid is the only option that doesn't lead to needless death and an endless pandemic

just throwing mask mandates and vaccines over unchecked community spread is an improvement over not having them but it's still a horrifying approach to public health done solely for the sake of capitalism

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

empty whippet box posted:

the biden admin's response to covid is objectively worse than trump's in every way lol except for the one that matters most to libs, which is that he doesn't tweet much.

I'd agree that Biden is worse than Trump on COVID so far, but to be fair that's not strictly true. Biden has yet to actually personally encourage people to consume poison.
Trump was worse in his use of informal power. He said and tweeted all sorts of dangerous things that did get people in the real world hurt and killed. But in terms of actual formal policy, yeah, Trump was absolutely better on COVID than Biden.

Granted, that's also unfair because it wasn't Trump. It was just him being apathetic while actual adults did the bare minimum. And also blue states enforcing actual meaningful NPIs not out of an earnest desire to bring COVID to heel, but rather out of a desire to spite Trump.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Substandard posted:

It was a nickel a week, just like their college tuition.

good news, nothing has increased in price ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'd agree that Biden is worse than Trump on COVID so far, but to be fair that's not strictly true. Biden has yet to actually personally encourage people to consume poison.
Trump was worse in his use of informal power. He said and tweeted all sorts of dangerous things that did get people in the real world hurt and killed. B

Biden made all sorts of dangerous tweets like return to School/Work ASAP