Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

thread examining the accusations

https://twitter.com/Katie_Bee__/status/1438785677492035584

Twitter is just one giant Helldump or Kiwi Farms except somehow more unreadable than the BBS format

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

did twitter with chrome get worse lately? usually on a somethingawful embed i'll click through and then click again to get the pure URL i don't have to parse down. now when i click through it'll have all the junk at the end i have to remove manually.

replies seem hosed up too, i want to scroll through all the replies of a post but now it gives me three and then boots back to the regular feed

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Maximo Roboto posted:

Twitter is just one giant Helldump or Kiwi Farms except somehow more unreadable than the BBS format

please summarize if you can

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

i say swears online posted:

did twitter with chrome get worse lately? usually on a somethingawful embed i'll click through and then click again to get the pure URL i don't have to parse down. now when i click through it'll have all the junk at the end i have to remove manually.

replies seem hosed up too, i want to scroll through all the replies of a post but now it gives me three and then boots back to the regular feed

From what I've read in yospos sites like Twitter/Facebook/Reddit are basically being allowed to fall apart to gently encourage users to use their apps.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

instagram already has the worst interface both in browser and app

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Maximo Roboto posted:

this doesn't make it any better?

https://twitter.com/Katie_Bee__/status/1438785706969616385

shocking that an ex-academic would engage in lengthy sophistry to excuse something

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
folx, this scold is... cancelled

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i only just realized that i was supposed to be getting outraged because that can be interpreted as an antitrans statement

i was reading it as more a comment on mens sports paying more than womens sports in part because im not sure how much anyone was even talking about transpeople in sports five years ago and theres zero indication that was his actual intent

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

hopefully being a movie star helps him get laid

Serf
May 5, 2011

the mummy 1999 is basically a perfect movie. the second one falls really far and the third one revolves around the idea that we're supposed to believe that brendan fraser could beat jet li in a fight. also iirc doing his own stunts in those movies is what hosed up his body

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

girls aren’t as good at sports LeBron would dominate the WNBA

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the nineties mummy reboot holds up because everyone just went hog wild making a dumb adventure movie with mummies which is also how they made the original

its a fascinating contrast with the tom cruise reboot which deliberately decides against doing anything interesting to instead incorporate the extremely hip and relevant dr jekyll and mr hyde franchise to better set up an expanded universe

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

this poo poo aint exactly voodoo science people hoot and holler like trained monkeys when free guy takes out captain americas shield and grows hulk arms because they know the references

nobody would give a poo poo if he uses jekyll and hyde dlc to fight the final boss because no one remembers who jekyll and hyde are anymore

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Sofia Boutella is interesting

Serf
May 5, 2011

big jekyll and hyde fan here, how dare you

but yeah even if you're into that poo poo the whole idea is stupid, like who cares. stop trying to make universes and poo poo, it's dumb. make a loving good movie first and stop making sequels and remakes

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

you could probably make a decent jekyll and hyde movie if you adapted the story so that hyde is redpilled jekyll and jekyll refuses to do anything about it because he loves feeling like a chad but is too embarrassed to admit it

but alas such a concept does not lend itself well to a shared universe where jekyll is basically an olde tyme hulk

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011
i didn't see it, but isn't that what the invisible man remake with Elizabeth moss did? update classic sci fi to address "modern" issues (in this case, abusive husbands I guess). people seemed to like it well enough

Serf
May 5, 2011

yeah the new invisible man movie was good. it wasn't really anything surprising, but it was well-made and had some genuinely creepy moments

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

all right american psychos a hot property and were doing nothing with it i need ideas how do we reboot it go

this is a stupid idea sir patrick bateman destroys lives for no reason and moves on to killing people just in case the metaphor wasnt obvious enough

you. fired. next

we pitch disney on a crossover with wall street and have gordon gekko team up with a now repentant patrick bateman to do battle with the true menace to society in this modern era anonymous antifa

brilliant!!! someone gets christian bale addicted to drugs so he cant turn us down

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Some Guy TT posted:

its a fascinating contrast with the tom cruise reboot which deliberately decides against doing anything interesting to instead incorporate the extremely hip and relevant dr jekyll and mr hyde franchise to better set up an expanded universe
the best thing about the tom cruise reboot is how russell crowe calls him "son" and probably some other similar diminutives implying that he's notably the elder in their interactions -- tom cruise is two years older than russell crowe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

american psycho reboot starts off at a bernie rally

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Patrick Bateman
Gordon Gekko
William "D-Fens" Foster
Jordan Belfort
Catherine Tramell
Chris Gardner

Who else can we chuck into this Cinematic Universe

Aglet56 posted:

i didn't see it, but isn't that what the invisible man remake with Elizabeth moss did? update classic sci fi to address "modern" issues (in this case, abusive husbands I guess). people seemed to like it well enough

Lol this was the very last movie I watched in a cinema

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Warrior is making me racist against the Irish

Serf
May 5, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol this was the very last movie I watched in a cinema

it was the first new movie i watched at home after covid hit

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

this owns

Serf posted:

the mummy 1999 is basically a perfect movie. the second one falls really far and the third one revolves around the idea that we're supposed to believe that brendan fraser could beat jet li in a fight. also iirc doing his own stunts in those movies is what hosed up his body

getting john hannah as the comedy sidekick was great casting too

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Some Guy TT posted:

you could probably make a decent jekyll and hyde movie if you adapted the story so that hyde is redpilled jekyll and jekyll refuses to do anything about it because he loves feeling like a chad but is too embarrassed to admit it

but alas such a concept does not lend itself well to a shared universe where jekyll is basically an olde tyme hulk

The modern Jekyll Hyde movie is just milkshake ducking some prominent doctor.
Like learning that Faucci took a serum and at night is an admin at Freep.
He embraces Hyde side by finally admitting he liked the attention he got from being The Guy on rona.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

If y'all want some Brendan Fraser, doom patrol s3 is out in a few weeks, and if you haven't been watching doom patrol you really should remedy that

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Fauci Jeckyll: telling people not to worry about masks in March 2020

Fauci Hyde: telling people not to worry about AIDS in the late 80s

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

McCloud posted:

If y'all want some Brendan Fraser, doom patrol s3 is out in a few weeks, and if you haven't been watching doom patrol you really should remedy that

watch something without capes for once in your life

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

McCloud posted:

season one was awesome but season two slowed way down. I stopped watching around episode 6 or 7, the team was never together doing poo poo they were all going off on their own being boring with a bunch of side characters. I like it when they’re together

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Imagine getting to be the extra playing the role of "watching Jackie Chan be amazing and react appreciatively"

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Imagine getting to be the extra playing the role of "watching Jackie Chan be amazing and react appreciatively"

that they all move from sitting down to the edge of their chairs to on their chairs to overlooking on the balcony in progression is hilarious

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010

Some Guy TT posted:

that’s just the nutty professor

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

flubber but it's mister hyde doin' dunks

edit ah gently caress, confused nutty professor and absent-minded professor, please threadban

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 09:29 on Sep 18, 2021

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao eyyy it was the sixties

quote:

This new personality gives him the self-confidence to pursue one of his students, Stella Purdy. Although she resents Love, she finds herself strangely attracted to him. Buddy wows the crowd with his jazzy, breezy musical delivery and poised demeanor at the Purple Pit, a nightclub where the students hang out. He also mocks a bartender and waitress and punches a student. The formula wears off at inopportune times, often to Kelp's humiliation.

Although Kelp knows that his alternate persona is a bad person, he cannot prevent himself from continually taking the formula as he enjoys the attention that Love receives. As Buddy performs at the annual student dance the formula starts to wear off. His real identity now revealed, Kelp gives an impassioned speech, admitting his mistakes and seeking forgiveness. Kelp says that the one thing he learned from being someone else is that if you don't like yourself, you can't expect others to like you. Purdy meets Kelp backstage, and confesses that she prefers Kelp over Buddy Love.

Eventually, Kelp's formerly timid father chooses to market the formula (a copy of which Kelp had sent to his parents' home for safekeeping), endorsed by the deadpan president of the university who proclaims, "It's a gasser!" Kelp's father makes a pitch to the chemistry class, and the students all rush forward to buy the new tonic. In the confusion Kelp and Purdy slip out of the class. Armed with a marriage license and two bottles of the formula, they elope.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

i say swears online posted:

that they all move from sitting down to the edge of their chairs to on their chairs to overlooking on the balcony in progression is hilarious

Back when directors used to know how to make things fun without cutting to someone going "so THAT happened" as Jackie narrowly avoids death for the 45th time in a scene

A really fun non Jackie movie from the 80s is millionaires express aka Shanghai express, its on prime video. Sammo hung and Yuen biao doing insane poo poo and then like 40 other characters going at it. Cynthia rothrock has a great fight vs sammo

mastershakeman has issued a correction as of 13:31 on Sep 18, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dreylad posted:

this owns

getting john hannah as the comedy sidekick was great casting too

Jackie Chan doing both cross-dressing for the visual gag and getting his Chung Li impression 100% accurate down to the victory dance animation.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I downloaded like 30 kung fu movies just last night and I don't know where to start

I'm saving the Jackie ones for last cause I know they'll be good, torn between Drink With Me, the One Armed movies or Five Element Ninjas

I loved city hunter as a kid

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

five element ninjas ruled start there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Cynthia Rothrock fuckin rules and definitely deserved more attention stateside than some of the wack loving movies she got wasted in over here